View Poll Results: Would You Want A CP System Installed

Voters
58. This poll is closed
  • Heck Yes I Do!!!

20 34.48%
  • No, all it does it cause problems

31 53.45%
  • NP i would be happy the background is a nice blue instead of blinding white light burning my retinas

7 12.07%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official CP Debate Thread*** with full action poll!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chica_Ang View Post
    i personally would love a cp system because:

1) i get instant gratification from passing them out
    2) with pm's only, i'm not as likely to write someone if i like/dislike a post/thread
    3) its fun to see where i'm earning them, too
    4) they are like cyber hugs to me

yes yes, i miss giving you a hug

No thanks. Things here are going great. Let's keep it that way.

I also thought the poll should have been yes or no. Let's take a stand and put this issue to bed one way or another.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

There is another board - I cant remember whether it was the Mane or the graphics board (there is a link on BM) but they gave out points or something like points and the more you got the more of these little cool icons you got to pick from "the store" it was kinda like money- but the icons were all major sports teams, beer, drinks, a bunch of stuff and you had to pay so much to get one and to get the money you would have to get "points/dollars" from other members for your posts - so that way you can still hand out "gifts" but it doesnt have to be a ladder climbing contest to get into certain areas or to have certain capabilities

The icons get displayed under your user name - i thought it was cool - they had 420 related ones too
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

I think the results of this poll should be enough

Admin on the "other" site, still your friendly Broncos fan

I voted 'no' on cps.

I'm all for rating threads/posts, and perhaps one idea someone had (sorry I cannot remember who now), that offered an idea from another board where you get icons.

Definitely "NO" on cp's.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Quote Originally Posted by -HW- View Post
    I voted 'no' on cps.

I'm all for rating threads/posts, and perhaps one idea someone had (sorry I cannot remember who now), that offered an idea from another board where you get icons.

Definitely "NO" on cp's.
    it was me it was me

I think its a good idea cause all you get is prizes (in the form of icons) I know the more icons you have the more "popular" you are but it gets rid of all the special forum thing and all the extras for reaching a certain point

Lets make a poll about this?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

This board is fine without CPs, but I think it would be fun to implement something different if we could find something that everyone could agree on.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Quote Originally Posted by orangenblue420 View Post
    it was me it was me

I think its a good idea cause all you get is prizes (in the form of icons) I know the more icons you have the more "popular" you are but it gets rid of all the special forum thing and all the extras for reaching a certain point

Lets make a poll about this?
    Sure, make a thread with a poll about the icons vs cps.

Also, another good thing is you can't receive negative icons....right?

God knows we don't need to here whining about getting negged. That was a good idea you posted about. It will be interested in knowing if anyone else would like the idea too. Go make your thread OB! I'll be your first voter!

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

although i think implenting a rule, if we implent a system, should not include bets - its should be your contribution to the board - which to each individual means something different but the betting for CPs etc is lame

Quote Originally Posted by orangenblue420 View Post
    although i think implenting a rule, if we implent a system, should not include bets - its should be your contribution to the board - which to each individual means something different but the betting for CPs etc is lame
    We'll be implementing a system with rules, we (advisory board) is in the process of discussing that. We are taking our time and it's hard to get us all on here at one time to discuss it. There's many, many details to consider. There's also liabilities to be considered, which most posters probably don't really think too much about, or perhaps even care too much about (possibly).

I did the CP bet one time.....and I was being foolish. I bet against the Sooners for NE Cornhuskers. Remember that last fall? *smacking self* However, it gave me a good idea of just exactly how lame those bets were and the poster frenzy over retrieving the cps they won. There were way too many that reminded me of screaming girls at a hot concert. I think that aided in depleting the whole idea of the cp system, and watched the arguments from those ---- yowzer!

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

If a CP system were used to acknowledge good, thought out, analytical posts without the use of "CP Bets" and other stupid stuff that goes on at BM, I might be for it. But, the problem is that as this site grows and more people join, that stuff is bound to be a problem.

Negs should be given by mods only for posts that violate the COC, not by posters who earn enough CP and just give a neg for something that was said that they disagree with.

If any thread turns in to a CP Bet, it should be deleted.

CP HAVE to be signed by the person giving them.

A ranking system like at BM should not be used. It gives incentive (sp?) to a "good ole boys club". Granted, even at BM I always got CP from mostly the same people who already had WAY more than I did and it helped me to get 10 bars in just more than a year, but that's not what I'm about and that's probably not what most of us are about.

If we use a CP system, the intent should be to reward good posters with points so that other posters here, whether it be vets of the board or new comers, know who to turn to with questions or what ever.

I would hate to see a CP system turn in to a competition like it is over at BM because to me that isn't what it should be about...
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon Stokley

I am for a CP system One that can be turned off for anyone that don't want it. I don't like the idea of having forums locked off for new members. But I want a reputation system. I also don't see what is wrong with having points you can bet with? We can have board contribution points and bet reputation points.

We can use the board contribution points to give to those who contribute to the board with good post's, making other board member's sig's. stuff like that. We can use the bet points for those who win in bets, pickum games and that sort of thing.

I wrote a lot about this in another thread. If this is going to be the official thread then I will repost it here.

Also, I just found the Religious and politics forums so I don't want a neggy system at all! The neggy system will only lead to trouble!

Quote Originally Posted by fcspikeit View Post
    I like The CP system! Here is why.

1st Lets face it, we are not all equal. some people have a lot to say and get reworded for their input. Others just have a lot to say That's why when you look at someone with several thousand post's and they have few bars you know they like to talk, but that don't mean people like to listen to what they have to say. On the other hand, if someone don't have as many post's but a lot of bars you know they don't say much but when they talk its because they have something to say.

It's really about acceptance isn't it? I was negged once on BM and I didn't like the fact someone had more power then me and could do that and I could not. But the truth is, after spending time on the board I could really see why those with all the bars had that power. They really where the best posters. That don't mean I always agreed with them, but the truth is they were respected over their and they earned the right to be seen as that by contributing to the board.

Even the bets, if you pick a game right what is wrong with being reworded with that? How about when people make a sig for you. If there is no CP then you have nothing to offer them. They are contributing to the board because they are doing something for the other members.

It is true it does turn into a popularity contest but what is wrong with wanting to be popular and show you have the respect of those you respect?

Even those that get points because they ding people. If this board is for the members then if the members want to reword someone for that shouldn't they have the right? If that group is in the minority then there will be little points given for that. If it is not in the minority then that is the voice of the members on this board. If you want respect from people like that you can either conform or live with the fact you are in the minority.

I can see the reasoning behind not having a negging system though. IMO A lot of hard feeling came from that. Even though I talked with the person who gave me the neg and he ended up giving me a positive. Most did not care enough about why they got the neg to do that.

I also seen and herd of a couple who got negged because someone didn't like their rhyme and or because they where fans of another team. IMO that is BS! The worst thing was the person that got negged had a bad outlook on Broncos fans because of it. Because of that I would say no to neggs.

In closing, We have to remember, those who are seen as special because they have a lot of bars where not given that by the owner of the site. They where given that by the members on the board. If a member on the board don't want to give any out then they don't have too. Why should all those who want to not have the right just because some don't?

Even if its split 50/50 those who want nothing to do with it have that right. Why should those who want it not have the right? That seems to me to be the only fair way of doing it. If you don't allow it because half don't want it then your only catering to half the members on this board.

No Matter the reason people want it. Who are those who can say that is a bad reason? If this board really is for the members by the members then it should be allowed. If people don't want anything to do with getting CP's then they should be able to turn it off so they can't receive them.

Win, win for everyone!
    Another thing,

Yes we can acknowledge someones post in public. But every member that does not see the thread has no idea of what the poster means to the board.

It is like saying thank you for being such a good member and offering so much to this board. When others see their rating they can tell they have offered a lot to the board and they are important members. If you disagree with them you can bet a lot of other members disagree with you.

If you really believe we should be equal on this board, then you should agree Those who want to give out points should equally have the right to give them as you equally have the right not to give them.

What is wrong with showing your popularity? This whole thread is about popularity, Tned is trying to figure out what the popular opinion is on this subject.

It don't make since to say we need to do away with the popularity system when the the whole point of this forum is to be set up around the popular opinion.

I just thought of something, Tned you should put this to a vote. Do you have that here? If not I always liked the poll's at BM. It is a good way to get the voice of the members. Knowing some members will not post if what they where going to say has already been said.
    Thanks for checking in

I don't think you should force people to use a points system. But what is wrong with giving people the option? You could set it so that people could turn it off. I know a lot of people like the idea of just posting when you agree with someones point.

People can do that and should be allowed. But it will ad a lot of extra post's to a thread. When I see a thread has 5 + pages I do not read them all. I normaly read the first and last page So a lot of post's just get lost in the middle. Some might say so what? But I think most would agree, they post because they feel they have something to say and they want people to read it.

IMO here is another good reason for a point system,

The new members confirm to gain acceptance. If there vulgar behaviour is not paying off, normaly people will change to be more excepted by the other members if they have something to gain from doing so. If there is no system then there really is no difference between the poster who only post's to cause trouble then the poster who has something to offer to the discussion.

I for one see a huge difference and like the ability to reword someone for their positive contribution to the discussion

Asked at what point would it be in the best interest of the team to trade Cutler, McDaniels answered: "Never." Nice to see your a man of your word Josh

Quote Originally Posted by KCLady View Post
    No CP system needed...IMO...This board is doing great

with out them.
    I don't think its needed- in fact I like it better without. If I want to tell someone I like there post I will pm them- same goes if I really disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    ok guys this is a topic of hot discussion right now in thos forum.

as it stands right now there is no official CPs, the questions are

would you like a CP system and what type if yes

voice your opinion here so Tned can have it easily at hand

np stands for no preference
    Since this thread was created, it would be good if we restricted all CP ideas/talks to only this one, so that we don't miss anything. Even if you responded in the other CP/Reputation threads, chime in again here, so it is all in one place.

I know some systems that other boards have used have been talked about. Short term, we may or may not be able to implement anything that isn't right 'out of the box' in terms of a CP system. I would have to look at it. The 'out of the box' sytem is going to be pretty much along the lines of what the Mane has, based on what I know now.

I look forward to reading more discussion about the pros and cons.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information