Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: what i think about rebuilding

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

Maybe we can play for the draft this year.
    Merry.

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

There are teams that re-build, and there are teams that re-load.

We have tried re-loading for a few years now and its not working. It seems its making us go backwards.

If you re-load correctly, you should never go backwards. This trend has resulted in us now needing to re-build.

Hopefully we do it right with fresh young talent to build off our current young talent. If we don't, then this young talent we have will grow up in a constant state of re-building.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Watchthemiddle For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    #88 Tony Scheffler

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post
    There are teams that re-build, and there are teams that re-load.

We have tried re-loading for a few years now and its not working. It seems its making us go backwards.

If you re-load correctly, you should never go backwards. This trend has resulted in us now needing to re-build.

Hopefully we do it right with fresh young talent to build off our current young talent. If we don't, then this young talent we have will grow up in a constant state of re-building.
    Yeah, we've tried one and found out that it doesn't work so now it is time to try something new. The last couple of drafts we seem to be moving in the right direction. Our re-loading would have looked better if it hadn't been for the injury bug that wouldn't leave town. Hopefully this year will be different so we can see what we can do with these guys the whole year.
    2007-08 MVP

Thanks MasterShake for the sig

On Brandon Marshall
    "I'm not going to ever let him settle. I'm going to stay on him to be the best he can." ~ Rod Smith

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by shawshank24 View Post
    i disagree wholeheartedly.

we should be proud as fans that a 7-9 season indicates that we are rebuilding. and that's what we're doing, especially if the team sticks to the idea of building through the draft more.

i couldn't stand having a team that aims for a one year shot at a championship and has a team left in shambles afterwards (2005 raiders, a shining example of what you say you want out of the broncos).

give me a chance to be in the mix every year, knowing that if a couple of things go your way, you could easily come home with a trophy.

7-9 doesnt mean we're rebuilding......huh?

It means we're LOSING.

Its the superbowl or bust, this year, and every year, and any team that goes into 'rebuilding' mode isnt worth a spit.

We dont rebuild around here. We gear up for a move to win the superbowl......PERIOD.

Everyone in rebuilding mode can go see my grandma for a quick kick in the nads to bring your thinking back around.

Rebuilding?

We talkin about REBUILDING?

REBUILDING???

SOMEONE WANTS TO 'REBUILD'????

We talkin about REBUILDING????

REBUILDING????

Grandma said kiss her butt if you think we're rebuilding, rebuildings for LOSERS.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller

Some people are clueless...
    [

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by jlarsiii View Post
    As long as he doesn't have to run between the tackles. Now, I admit that I didn't get to see many Arkansas games the past few seasons but from what I did catch all of his runs that were productive were to the edges. I don't recall him reeling off big runs between the tackles.

That would be my only concern with him if he ends up falling into our laps in the draft (which I don't think will happen).
    His long TD run against Auburn last year and I believe his long TD run against LSU were also inside the tackles.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller

Quote Originally Posted by #1bmarshfan View Post
    its a waste of ttime whats the point in even showing up to the game if u know your probly not gonna win. misewell go for it every year and do what you gotta do each year just waht i think
    Anyone ever see the movie "The Rainmaker"?

Good flick...

Love that line from the insurance exec.

"You must be stupid, stupid, stupid."

Great line... don't ya think?
    [

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by jlarsiii View Post
    As long as he doesn't have to run between the tackles. Now, I admit that I didn't get to see many Arkansas games the past few seasons but from what I did catch all of his runs that were productive were to the edges. I don't recall him reeling off big runs between the tackles.

That would be my only concern with him if he ends up falling into our laps in the draft (which I don't think will happen).
    You don't run for 4,590 yards in the SEC without being tough.

BTW, if you're looking for stats, don't go to hogwired.com...their official site. It sucks.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Selvin Young

Quote Originally Posted by #1bmarshfan View Post
    its a waste of ttime whats the point in even showing up to the game if u know your probly not gonna win. misewell go for it every year and do what you gotta do each year just waht i think
    You sound like a Colts fan...............You go to watch the Broncos play.............whether they win or lose.............period.

In the world of free agency, you can rebuild VERY quickly, as long as you have a decent quarterback.
    Grade: B-
    12 – RClady, OT, Boise State – excellent
    41 – ERoyal, WR, Virginia Tech – not a value?
    104 – KLichtensteiger, C, Bowling Green – excellent
    115 – JWilliams, CB, Kent State - not a value
    139 – RTorian, RB, Arizona State - not a value
    148 – C Powell DT, Virginia Tech – journeyman type?
    183 – S Larsen, ILB, Arizona – excellent value
    220 -- J Barrett, S, Arizona State – excellent value
    227 -- P Hills, FB, Arkansas – excellent value

Free Agent: love the Woodyard signing.

12. The Following User High Fived mclark For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by MHCBill View Post
    Some people are clueless...

Truly.............
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Quote Originally Posted by mclark View Post
    In the world of free agency, you can rebuild VERY quickly, as long as you have a decent quarterback.

But Pat says we no longer do that.. So unless mikey wants to be looking for a job next yer we will build via the draft..

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information