Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoff predictions

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Default Playoff predictions

New York Jets @ Cincinnati Bengals

I like the Bengals. The Jets running game is impressive, but Cincy's going to play for real this time. The Bengals offense isn't productive enough to blow anyone out, especially with Revis stoning Chad 85, but Cincy is still the more balanced team. In a game that I expect to be low scoring, gotta take the veteran QB to put together a winning drive late. How do you predict Mark Sanchez winning a playoff game on the road?

Baltimore Ravens @ New England Patriots

The Pats are far from the steamroller they used to be, but I'll still take them over the Vultures at home. Even with a depleted defense, I think Belly will come up with a good game plan to attack an inexperienced QB. Losing Welker hurts, but Brady was winning rings with scrub receivers when Wes was at Texas Tech. Edelman can pick up enough of the slack to get it done, and the Ravens don't have a DB who has a prayer of stopping Moss downfield if he's on his game. I think Ray Rice will torment the Pats D, but it won't be enough.

Philadelphia Eagles @ Dallas Cowboys

Dallas just put the hurt on them last week, and I'd say the girls are entering the playoffs with more momentum, but I still think Philly is the better overall team and will redeem themselves on the road. I give Philly a serious coaching advantage, and Romo and Wade have been bigger playoff chokers than Reid and McNabb. This one could be wild, but I think Philly is mentally tougher and more aggressive.

Green Bay Packers @ Arizona Cardinals

Gimme Green Bay. No one wants to play these guys right now. I do think AZ can be a dangerous playoff team, but Woodson helps negate their biggest threat, and the Cards seem to have some injury concerns at the wrong time. I think the Pack's physical front seven makes Arizona one dimensional and gets after an aging Warner behind a suspect line.

Who ya got?
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

i predict that i will barely pay attention because the end of the broncos season always makes me hate football, usually until the superbowl when i once again become mildly interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

4. The Following User High Fived shank For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Jets, Pats, Eagles, Cardinals.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller, Peyton's Neck

I'll take the Bengals on this one. I think that Sanchez will be a little overwhelmed in his first playoff game and will throw the INTS. Plamer will be spot on all day knowing that this could be the year he gets all that was expected of him done. The Jets defense is for real but I see the Bengals taking care of business.

As much as I hate to say it, I think the Pats will win this one in a close game. Brady and Bill know how to win a game when they need to. Not much more to say about this one.

I think it will be a repeat of last weeks game. Cowboys on top. They are sick and tired of being the laughing stock of the NFC by folding late in the year. They will stick it to the Eagles good.

The Cards aren't the team they were last year. Although the offense is still one that can put some points on the board and go down field quickly, I think Green Bay is the more balanced team and are on a roll.
    Thanks Shake!

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller, Peyton's Neck

Quote Originally Posted by shawshank24 View Post
    i predict that i will barely pay attention because the end of the broncos season always makes me hate football, usually until the superbowl when i once again become mildly interested.

I used to be that way. But I learned that being my nervous "on the edge of my seat" die hard Broncos fan, this is the time I can watch football in a relaxed fashion.

Playoffs are fun to watch even if your team isn't in there. Do or die games are always great.
    Thanks Shake!

1. cincy- jets dont stand a chance.

2. Ravens. They are a good team, their CBs suck balls though, Brady might have fun with that. Could be a shootout, but I see Ray Rice burner chewing the pats defense up.

3. Eagles- I want to pick the dallas, because they are on fire right now and seem to have reversed their december and playoff losing streak. Plus, philly is trudging bye. Still philly IMO is the more talented club and if Donovan can heat up they will own. (best game to watch right here i think)

4. Packers- Aaron rodgers doesnt need an Oline. Anyone remember when I said rodgers was going to be a super stud the day he was drafted. He will torch the birds. Warner and CO will not get much daylight against the pack D.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Bengals
    Patriots
    Cowboys
    Cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    I'll take Cinci. I think the Jets have the defense that scares anyone, and NO ONE wants to play a defense like this during the playoffs. But I don't think the Jets have the QB, right now, to lead them to victory in playoff season. I know some rookie QBs have won a playoff game with BAD BAD play last year because of their strong defense (Baltimore)...but I don't think this will happen again.

This year I think the Ravens take it. Hard to go against Brady in the playoffs, but I believe this year the team just lost too many leaders, while the Ravens still have an abundance. I'm NOT confidence in the Raven's QB.. at ALL! But I think the Ravens defense is enough this year, and I think the NE defense lost too much leadership and quality to handle Baltimore's running game.

Man... after watching Dallas beat this team twice already, its hard to pick against them. BUT..its VERY very hard to beat a team three times in a season, especially twice in a row and division rivals. If this wasn't the case, I wo uld take Dallas because there aren't any teams OTHER than Indy that are playing better than Dallas is right now. THey have the better team, and the better talent.. they have the Momentum....but the Eagles pull the upset because its the third time they've played, and Romo and Wade aren't playoff winners like Reid and McNabb have proved to be.

I'm taking AZ on this one. Warner in the playoffs against a QB that has never been there. I like those odds. AZ has a strong running game with two pretty good RBs, and a pair of WRs that are second to none in the NFL. Who would you want more in the playoffs than Warner and Fitz? Their OL isn't as strong as last years, and GB has a decent defense...but no one can take Fitz out of the game. GBs OL is one of the weakest in the playoffs, so I see Rodgers getting pressure of his own, as usual.

Mainly, I'm going with experience on this one.
    Last edited by Ravage!!!; 01-06-2010 at 02:19 PM.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Bengals/Ravens/Eagles/Packers

Adopted Bronco:

Bengals
    Patriots
    Eagles
    Packers

Jets,Ravens,Cowboys,Packers

SB= Cowboys over Chargers

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

Bengals
    Ravens
    Cowboys
    Packers

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I like the Bengals. I have a funny suspicion that Lewis laid down knowing he could face them again this week. I expect a much different outcome. Expect the Bengals to force Sanchez to beat them in which he will turn the ball over for at least 2 picks.

Jets- 21
    Bengals- 38

Despite the loss of Welker its still Tom Brady, broken ribs and all. Its in NE where they have very good homefield cooking. And the Bmore defense is nowhere near where they once were.

Ravens- 17
    Patriots- 28

On one hand i have a feeling the Eagles would rather play in Dallas with the chance to play in a dome instead of cold weather. However, the Cowboys are on a roll and the Eagles defense has disappeared as of late.

Eagles- 17
    Cowboys- 35

This is going to come down to who makes more mistakes at the QB position. Right now, the Cardinals are banged up and the Packers on forging full steam
    ahead.

Packers- 42
    Cardinals- 28

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

Bengals, Eagles, Packers, Ravens.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

I'm picking the exact opposite of the regular season outcomes.

Bengals
    Ravens
    Eagles
    Cardinals
    In Elway We Trust

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information