Thread: University of Oklahoma wins appeal with NCAA, 2005 wins no longer vacated

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Default University of Oklahoma wins appeal with NCAA, 2005 wins no longer vacated

Just announced here by Pres. David Boren. OU has won it's appeal with the NCAA over having to vacate all wins from the 2005 season. They will be able to claim these wins, including the Holiday Bowl.

This is a great vindication of Bob Stoops program. The wins don't really matter much in the grand scheme of things, but the NCAA is basically admitting that the punishment was too extreme, and that OU's self-enforcement and reporting were appropriate.

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Hey NTL, why does Texas not fall into the ocean?

Because Oklahoma sucks...

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Just announced here by Pres. David Boren. OU has won it's appeal with the NCAA over having to vacate all wins from the 2005 season. They will be able to claim these wins, including the Holiday Bowl.

This is a great vindication of Bob Stoops program. The wins don't really matter much in the grand scheme of things, but the NCAA is basically admitting that the punishment was too extreme, and that OU's self-enforcement and reporting were appropriate.
    Thank god - I can finally sleep at night

The NCAA did over punish OU - what the retarded QB and that other kid did had no effect on the team or how they played

Now if the patsies get caught - then I wanna see some vacating of wins (and I dont mean passing gas)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

4. The Following User High Fived OB For This Post:

I think the league should appeal this and take the wins away again. OU getting screwed is always a good thing.

6. The Following User High Fived jhns For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information