Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mort with new info on the Marshall situation

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Default Mort with new info on the Marshall situation

He was saying on ESPN just now that the VETERAN PLAYERS on the team were the ones who made "accountability" the theme of the week, he said that Marshall was late for treatment sessions, and he said the players he talked to were behind the decision to bench him. So those on here who are thinking there will be a revolt against McD in the locker room seem to be wrong.

2. The Following 10 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Uh oh, did i just hear a turtle get flushed? lol

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

The 'TEAM' has spoken, now that speaks volumes of what kind of teammate Marshall is!!

Graham has already come out and said that the coach did what was best for the team. I've posted the quote and link in 2 different threads. I have no doubt that what he's reporting is true, only because it's been stated in so many words by a team captain. Mort is useless. Graham however, is a reliable source.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Graham has already come out and said that the coach did what was best for the team. I've posted the quote and link in 2 different threads. I have no doubt that what he's reporting is true, only because it's been stated in so many words by a team captain. Mort is useless. Graham however, is a reliable source.
    And usually a team keeps this under wraps!! It's not like they're all going to come out individually and throw Marshall or McDaniels under the bus. Graham answered the question as PC as he could.!!

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    He was saying on ESPN just now that the VETERAN PLAYERS on the team were the ones who made "accountability" the theme of the week, he said that Marshall was late for treatment sessions, and he said the players he talked to were behind the decision to bench him. So those on here who are thinking there will be a revolt against McD in the locker room seem to be wrong.
    I question the validity of this report just like I don't completely buy Bill Williams' "irked" veterans one. I just don't think you can trust these guys. I look at what Marshall said and what McD said and make my decisions based on that. The media spin is just too much these days. 4 conflicting reports in 2 days means guys aren't doing their homework and nobody is telling the whole truth.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

Yeah because Mort has been so accurate in the past.....

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived broncofaninfla For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by broncofaninfla View Post
    Well i doubt he just woke up and made it up off the top of his head so I'm sure there is at least some truth to it. People like to always pound home the times he's been wrong, but he is right a vast majority of the time, or he wouldn't still have the job he has.

Quote Originally Posted by broncofaninfla View Post
    Of course he has. That's why Chiefs fans are so happy with thier new coach Mike Shanahan. I doubt either Marshall or McD are telling all of the truth. I defer to the co-captain on this one.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Of course he has. That's why Chiefs fans are so happy with thier new coach Mike Shanahan. I doubt either Marshall or McD are telling all of the truth. I defer to the co-captain on this one.
    Proving my point about people liking to pound home one of the rare times he's gotten something bad wrong and ignoring the fact that most of the time, he is right.

Proving my point about people liking to pound home one of the rare times he's gotten something bad wrong and ignoring the fact that most of the time, he is right.
    Are we talking about the same Chris Mortenson here?

15. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

This report at least has some specifics in it. Not just some nameless players being "irked", but specifics about the reasoning behind the benching.

If this is true (note I said "if"), Marshall has no excuse. Late to treatment during a week when everything's on the line, and an injury that may or may not keep you from playing? Please. If that's true, Marshall has proven once again what he's all about. . .and dammit I like the guy.

Putting all the pieces together, this certainly fits with everything that happened this week. . .unfortunately.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Are we talking about the same Chris Mortenson here?
    Mort makes hundreds and hundreds of reports ever year and has made thousands in his career. I bet you can't name 10 times that he's been wrong. You can name the big examples that everyone mentions all the time, but the fact is that if he was wrong as often as some claim, he wouldn't still have a job.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Mort makes hundreds and hundreds of reports ever year and has made thousands in his career. I bet you can't name 10 times that he's been wrong. You can name the big examples that everyone mentions all the time, but the fact is that if he was wrong as often as some claim, he wouldn't still have a job.
    True, but in Ziggy's defense, Mortensen often seems late to the party. If his reports are acurrate, he's the last one reporting. If he's the first he's usually wrong. Usually he just poaches Adam Schefter's work for his own and puts his own 2 cents in that gives the story spin.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Its just bad all around. Marshall is one of my favorite players because he is actualy a playmaker. But in the end this looks just to not be a good enviroment for him because what ever he does is going to be under a microscope and easy for the coach to bench him for. McD is trying to change things, I hope he does, I will support him, but I question things like others as well. And I hope he realizes that a team full of Rudys will only get so far.

Looks like another exciting offseason.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

20. The Following User High Fived BroncoAV06 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information