Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mort with new info on the Marshall situation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Default Mort with new info on the Marshall situation

He was saying on ESPN just now that the VETERAN PLAYERS on the team were the ones who made "accountability" the theme of the week, he said that Marshall was late for treatment sessions, and he said the players he talked to were behind the decision to bench him. So those on here who are thinking there will be a revolt against McD in the locker room seem to be wrong.

2. The Following 10 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Uh oh, did i just hear a turtle get flushed? lol

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

The 'TEAM' has spoken, now that speaks volumes of what kind of teammate Marshall is!!

Graham has already come out and said that the coach did what was best for the team. I've posted the quote and link in 2 different threads. I have no doubt that what he's reporting is true, only because it's been stated in so many words by a team captain. Mort is useless. Graham however, is a reliable source.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Graham has already come out and said that the coach did what was best for the team. I've posted the quote and link in 2 different threads. I have no doubt that what he's reporting is true, only because it's been stated in so many words by a team captain. Mort is useless. Graham however, is a reliable source.
    And usually a team keeps this under wraps!! It's not like they're all going to come out individually and throw Marshall or McDaniels under the bus. Graham answered the question as PC as he could.!!

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    He was saying on ESPN just now that the VETERAN PLAYERS on the team were the ones who made "accountability" the theme of the week, he said that Marshall was late for treatment sessions, and he said the players he talked to were behind the decision to bench him. So those on here who are thinking there will be a revolt against McD in the locker room seem to be wrong.
    I question the validity of this report just like I don't completely buy Bill Williams' "irked" veterans one. I just don't think you can trust these guys. I look at what Marshall said and what McD said and make my decisions based on that. The media spin is just too much these days. 4 conflicting reports in 2 days means guys aren't doing their homework and nobody is telling the whole truth.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I question the validity of this report just like I don't completely buy Bill Williams' "irked" veterans one. I just don't think you can trust these guys. I look at what Marshall said and what McD said and make my decisions based on that. The media spin is just too much these days. 4 conflicting reports in 2 days means guys aren't doing their homework and nobody is telling the whole truth.
    Lol.

This is what your saying.

I can't trust Mcdaniels, the veteran leaders, the rest of the team and the team captain.

But hey, I trust Marshall. Dude, get real.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived JONtheBRONCO For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by JONtheBRONCO View Post
    Lol.

This is what your saying.

I can't trust Mcdaniels, the veteran leaders, the rest of the team and the team captain.

But hey, I trust Marshall. Dude, get real.
    No, i said I don't trust the media.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

I don't know how you can make any decisions solely off what McDaniels said
    vs. what Marshall said. That is obviously a "he said - he said" situation.

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    I don't know how you can make any decisions solely off what McDaniels said
    vs. what Marshall said. That is obviously a "he said - he said" situation.

-----
    That's it exactly. The media spin just makes it worse. If it was the decision of the coach or the "team" or whoever, so be it. Not like my opinion matters. I just have a hard time believing anyone right now. There's too much double talk and unclear innuendo from both sides. Marshall says he's hurt. McD says marshall is faking and isn't being a team first player. Williamson says the locker room is polarized and vets are upset about the way Marshall and Scheffler have been treated. Mortensen says it was a team meeting and makes it sound like it was a vet decision that McD followed through on. Graham says that Marshall has played well but it was a coach's decision based on what McD thought was "best for the team". It's all just a bunch of BS that shouldn't be in the media. It's embarrassing and unprofessional on BOTH SIDES!!!

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

That's it exactly. The media spin just makes it worse. If it was the decision of the coach or the "team" or whoever, so be it. Not like my opinion matters. I just have a hard time believing anyone right now. There's too much double talk and unclear innuendo from both sides. Marshall says he's hurt. McD says marshall is faking and isn't being a team first player. Williamson says the locker room is polarized and vets are upset about the way Marshall and Scheffler have been treated. Mortensen says it was a team meeting and makes it sound like it was a vet decision that McD followed through on. Graham says that Marshall has played well but it was a coach's decision based on what McD thought was "best for the team". It's all just a bunch of BS that shouldn't be in the media. It's embarrassing and unprofessional on BOTH SIDES!!!
    Now, that's pretty much my thoughts on the situation: Neither side should have
    used the media to air out their complaints with each other. IMO, McDaniels
    should have used no more than the "personal reasons" explanation, and
    Marshall and the others should have kept their mouths shut. At least, that's
    the way it seems to me . . .

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Now, that's pretty much my thoughts on the situation: Neither side should have
    used the media to air out their complaints with each other. IMO, McDaniels
    should have used no more than the "personal reasons" explanation, and
    Marshall and the others should have kept their mouths shut. At least, that's
    the way it seems to me . . .

-----
    Yep. Even if there was just cause to bench Marshall, the way it played out in the press wasn't good.
    Posting from a mobile phone. Short replies and typos are likely.

17. The Following User High Fived Tned-Mobile For This Post:

LMAO!

In other words, "I don't believe it! It's ALL Mcpoopypants' fault, I tell you.....WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!"

See, this is usually what happens when ya 'll don't use your God-given common senses.

We that do, KNOW that a HC would never do what's BAD for a team, for no apparent reason.

They DON'T just do shit on a whim because they woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived rcsodak For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak View Post
    LMAO!

In other words, "I don't believe it! It's ALL Mcpoopypants' fault, I tell you.....WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!"

See, this is usually what happens when ya 'll don't use your God-given common senses.

We that do, KNOW that a HC would never do what's BAD for a team, for no apparent reason.

They DON'T just do shit on a whim because they woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
    I didn't say I didn't believe McDaniels, but I trust him about as far as i can throw him. I said this should've been handled IN HOUSE - not in the media. In no way are the broncos benefitted by McD's public display of discipline. It lowers marshall's committment to the team (if he had any) and also LOWERS HIS TRADE VALUE!

Marshall didn't blast McD in the media about this and McD is just defending himself, McD blasted Marshall. Marshall, when interviewed gave all the "canned answers" like he's supposed to. McD started the media shitstorm, not Marshall. That's a fact, and that's what I have a problem with. Frankly, I don't care if McD benched Marshall. We aren't making the playoffs anyway and we don't need him to win/lose to KC today. I care about him making a MOCKERY of my team in the media and making us look dysfunctional. It makes Marshall look bad and it also makes him look bad. most importantly it makes the BRONCOS look bad. That image will be remembered by FA and their agents come the offseason.

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak View Post
    LMAO!

I don't think anyone claims McDaniels is an evil mastermind out to destroy the Broncos from the inside with random and whimsical decisions.

People can do things for the right reasons in their own minds... and it doesn't make it a good decision.

I don't like how he handled this regardless of if Marshall deserved it.

People were claiming that OBVIOUSLY Marshall had done something pretty horrible to piss off the coach, based on the way Coach was reacting in the press conference.

Now, if he did something horrible to piss off the coach (which sounds plausible) then Coach likely didn't bench him because Captains asked him to.

Those two sides of the story (both from Marshall's detractors) don't really seem to mesh for me.
    To all the armed forces... present, past, and future.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click the sig to read JetRazor's and my story! PM me with any questions!
    I love my wife!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information