Conversation Between Hawgdriver and Joel

4 Visitor Messages

1. Sometimes I really hate being right....
  2. I think the D will do its job unless the offense puts too much pressure on it, but our offense got us to the playoffs as #1 seed and must prove its mettle against the NFLs best D. That starts with the line or not at all, just as on the other side; I WISH I felt as good about our left side vs. their front seven as I do about our front four vs. their line (still wish we had Williams for rotation instead of just Unrein: Losing Vickerson hurt.)
  3. I've not watched Seattle enough to know if Avril plays both sides, but feel pretty good about Franklin regardless; after a shaky rookie start in pass protection, he's become a good all around T this year. I'd fear Mebane more if Vasquez weren't good enough to free Ramirez to help Beadles against, but if we're forced to reguarly double Mebane (whom I doubt Beadles or Ramirez can handle alone) there'll be no help for Clark against Clemons and Avril: He'll be on his own most of the game, and that worries me.

Hopefully our hurry up keeps Avril out on 3rd and long, and our running prevents many 3rd and longs, but if we can't sustain drives, the 2:30 drives we averaged this season will leave our D on the field all day long. We lack the depth for that even if going the fast-but-small route allowed the endurance to play 40:00/game.
  4. Beadles vs. Mebane -- that's the real battle for me. Is that situational, or a constant matchup? And doesn't Avril play from both sides?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group