Conversation Between dogfish and NightTrainLayne

18 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Kind of but not really. I'd let up on the weekends. You have to have some balance imo.

I would do a 16:8 - 20:4 fast always Monday through Friday. Ate Dinner before 8:00 PM, and then didn't eat again until somewhere between 12:00 to 2:00 the next day. So fasting for at least 16 hours.

While I was actively trying to lose weight, I also used the MyFitnessPal app to track calories keeping my daily calories around 1800 or less.

On the weekends, I would generally still do a 16:8 fast, but I didn't worry if my calories crept up over the weekend (within reason). And sometimes I'd have breakfast with the kiddos/family etc.

I've kept the weight off for over two years now still continuing to basically do the same. I usually do a 16:8 fast during the week. .. .I don't track calories but I have a pretty good idea what I can get away with. I don't worry about it on the weekends, but get right back on Monday. I've staying within the same 5-6 pound range for over two years doing this.

I have done 24 hour fasts quite a bit over that time. Especially if I know I'm having a big celebration type dinner. E.G. Thanksgiving, I fasted from Wednesday evening until Thanksgiving dinner. .. .but then I hammered that Thanksgiving dinner and pie etc. without worrying about blowing up the scale so much.

I think you still have to keep a handle on total calories and really "type" of calories. Carbs trigger that insulin response, and stop any fat burning. That's what makes fasting work is extending the period of time without insulin in your system. If you can keep an eye on calories, stay away from carbs AND do some IF you'll turbo charge your weight loss.

But I'd let myself live a little bit on the weekends and still do it that way. You have to be able to enjoy the good things as well.
  2. Hey, brother Layne. Got a question for you. When you lost all that weight doing IF, were you doing ti 7 days a week?
  3. I do. Thankfully, very minor.
  4. Did Joe tell you what it said before he edited it the first time?
  5. Of course I do! Someone told me-- I laughed.
  6. Classic flick. Classic.
  7. I saw "Better Off Dead" in the Theater as well, which I am proud of because it wasn't a huge box office hit I don't think. Then of course, it's one of only three times that a main character in a movie shared my name.
  8. Just because something is "epic" doesn't necessarily mean it's good. Epic can be bad. . . I think.
  9. :d :d
  10. Yea. . . thanks a lot!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 18
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group