Conversation Between Poet and Davii

51 Visitor Messages

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
  1. We disagree then, not them first or last time. If you don’t see how your post about low information people bitching can be taken as a type of attack against people in that thread bitching then fine, but I disagree. No big deal. Like I said, I kept it private and didn’t mod anything (even though there have been reports and requests to move the thread) so we could have a conversation with everyone involved. I’m not saying your posts, but there have been reports and move requests and so far we’re not doing so. IF the thread goes off the rails we will have no choice, and I think posts like that contribute to it eventually going there.
  2. What board members did I insult? I was speaking generally, and that IS allowed. I didn't say "the low information posters," I was talking on a societal level. It's no different than the "if someone at their job," does that. I didn't escalate anything. Slick just went into that thread and said that everyone was doing well keeping it clean and apolitical. I kept it pretty clean while also not capitulating or pulling any punches.
  3. Hate to tell you but I sent messages to more than you asking people to show civility. I did it privately as I felt it appropriate. As has always been the case posters here are free to cast aspersions on people that aren’t members here, such as “fcuk Congress, TS is a P.O.S., etc” but are not free to denigrate a member or group of members. It is not ok to say those who disagree with you are bigots, or low information, etc just as it’s not ok to say people that support not standing are anti American, etc. I don’t care how you feel on the subject or your opinion on the matter, I care how you convey it to others and how you treat others on the board. I brought it to you privately as I felt that was appropriate, it wasn’t a CYP, reported post, etc. if you took offense, my apologies it wasn’t my intent, my intent was to show you you are attacking others for disagreeing with you and escalating a thread to a point where there will be more reported posts and eventually a move to P&R. I’m trying to keep the peace, if you want to continue to escalate, by all means, go ahead.
  4. You called out a poster for being divisive and skimmed out one guy telling the protesters to eff off (uncalled for, their hearts are in the right place) and another poster who called them morons. You then ignored the crap they shoveled at me, and between you and I in our exchange you were the one who got shitty with me. You wanna turn a blind eye to some of the obvious bigotry in that thread, go for it. And I love you, but the holier than thou act in that MHS is wildly incorrect.
  5. You weren't making any work for the mods. I respectfully disagree with your assessment. Singling out a person of any race based on their race is racism, regardless of the races involved. And yes, white people can be victims of racism. Men can be victims of sexism. They can also be victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, etc. Old people can also be victims of age discrimination, as can young people.
  6. I deleted it, but that doesn't work logically. White people aren't oppressed, they're not victims of racism. They're the majority. You can't oppress the majority, and while you may not agree with this, I can provide you with oodles of scholarship on the subject. Also, I think I was within the lines because there are threads where we're told some slurs are in fact allowed, or at least not blatantly disallowed. I deleted it because I didn't want it to be a headache for you. I deleted it out of respect, and because I really, truly, sincerely, don't want to make more work for the mods; this includes lengthy discussions where even if I'm right it's still a big board blowup. I remember the letter I wrote and sent to the mod team. But, respectfully, I do not agree with your assessment, which in this instance, might not be here or there, but is relevant in the bigger picture.
  7. Replace "old white guy" with any other age, gender, race and it's instant racism. The same is true the other direction. Painting any group of people, especially basing it on lines of race and gender, is being racist. I'm not saying you guys should be banned or be in trouble, etc but this old white guy bullshit is no different than the racist commentsthat get reported regularly except they're about old white guys so, therefore, ok.
  8. In all honesty, I need an explanation.
  9. Kind of. There were talks of it happening, he agreed to talks with San Antonio if Louisiana and New Orleans weren't prepared to either rebuild the dome or build a new stadium. He had been fighting the state (Louisiana owns the dome) to renovate or replace for a while pre-katrina. The storm, and refugees, demolishing the stadium forced a decision.
  10. I know, man. FWIW I've tried to get everyone who was irked with my banning to chill on it (not my banning but the mod thing).
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 20 of 51
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group