Conversation Between Poet and Joel

33 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1. All football joking aside - that link makes me sad, dude.
  2. No matter the level, Houston vs. Cincinatti football games always ends the same, eh? ;-p
  3. Weird thing about Brees - he was a second rounder only because a team forfeited a first round pick. He was taken 32nd overall. It's weird.
  4. Berry, Alworth, Irvin and Pearson took over games; the eponymous Hail Mary that got Dallas to SB X proves that, and they didn't call Irvin The Playmaker for nothing. "Throw in" TEAMS throwing far more in Moss' era and whether he could've done more than they then is a good question, but we'll never know: Because he lacked their work ethic and hands.
  5. Despite his shortcomings he was still one of the most dominant WR's ever. You have a bad argument, Joel. I'm sorry. None of those guys were half the threat he was in terms of scoring, production, or taking over the game. Look at what he DID do. And as far as the football analysts go, I'm better informed, smarter, and a better writer than most of them. That was made demonstrative time and time again.
  6. So Randy Moss, lazy alligator arms and all, was better than every WR except Rice and Hutson? The folks who make their living analyzing football (not just the last 17 years of it) say Berry, Alworth, Largent and Irvin were better, and I'd add Drew Pearson as well. Moss COULD'VE been top 3, maybe GoAT, but I'm here to tell you there's a world of difference between what someone CAN do and what they ACTUALLY do. It's not the Hall of Potential.
  7. Moss is the best deep threat ever. Moss spent more time under double coverage than any WR I have ever seen. He could change the game with one catch, and defenses feared him. Even if he went catchless, the stress he put on oppossing defenses was insane, and when you had him you were never truly out of any game. That screams top three when you did it to the extent that he did.
  8. No worries, man; we should probably both be in bed (er, separately, I mean, no offense. )
  9. I'll respond later my man. I appreciate your thoughts.
  10. I've never held a stopwatch to them, but am pretty sure if I did Cams time/strut would be several times Watts. And even if it weren't, there's a whole HOST of other factors that could quite plausibly account for it (e.g. defensive fans, Texans fans, fans of Panthers rivals, fans of Auburn rivals.) Just immediately leaping to the conclusion it's ALL or even PRIMARILY racial simply because Cam happens to be black is a bridge too far. I thought whether he's white, black, brown or clear wasn't supposed to MATTER. As long as we must consciously acknowledge someones race, sex/uality, religion etc. before assessing their independent BEHAVIOR, all those things that SHOULDN'T matter ALWAYS must.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 33
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group