Conversation Between Valar Morghulis and Von Kinger

44 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1. Like I said mate, all strategies are useful, they all get us something at some point (even ptsd symptoms). But eventually the strategy needs to change, especially if you want a different outcome. While it's not easy, it is that straight forward. People just need the inclination to change, which usually only happens at the point of total crisis... And they have to work with ballbags like me!!!
  2. I do consider when I'm wrong - but if I think I'm right, or if it's an opinion, I feel like I 'cannot' back down. But the cycle I've identified goes as follows: I argue with someone; they argue back; I argue; they argue; argument ends; we argue more on different subjects; this repeats a lot; people point out I argue a lot; I say why is it so bad because you guys argue with me; I forget that I have this ability to almost make other people argue with me; frustration.
  3. I know mate. Obviously I totally agree with you on this. I just can't be bothered arguing the point with people who are never going to move on the issue (although AZ might change slightly)
  4. I love you bro. Every now and again I just got to throw down the gauntlet on the 'idk hoes' and hit them with truth and not be nice about it. It def isn't aimed at you.

Sometimes the Style Don has to style.
  5. Lol, I respect that level of emotional honesty. I guess you need to work out why that is so important to you.... Then critically analyse that reason to see if it is still valid or in fact just a long held belief that it's no longer valid to your safety or survival or at least to your perception of those things.
  6. I feel like when I do it, especially if they're quoting me, that I'm losing or conceding the point.
  7. Good for you mate, it is literally futile. It is difficult for you now, because it's new. That will pass, it will become normal and you will be more zen more often.
  8. I have scrolled past or stopped myself from replying to numerous conversations or comments filled with false facts and bad rhetoric. I did so not because I didn't want a conversation, but because the poster/s in question would never actually have a real discussion.

This is really hard for me.
  9. No; I'm going to guess it was a preemptive decision.
  10. Strange... Did things get heated in there?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 44
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
dedicated servers
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group