Conversation Between NightTrainLayne and Poet

38 Visitor Messages

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. They should have credibility with you. They're a great legal organization that's factually strong. Sorry if I irked you though. I'll keep your preference in mind - I try not to cite to sources that kill discussions. Unfortunately it gets harder every day.
  2. I despise Trump.

I especially despise Stephen Miller and his Nativist policies/efforts.

That being said, you better come with something stronger than SPLC. When I see them cited I immediately call into question any argument utilizing them. They don't have zero credibility with me, they actually have negative credibility. I've seen them all too often smear groups and people in terribly unfair ways.

They're probably right on Miller on balance, but if so there's bound to be better sources of that information.
  3. https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...Ii_BxP6hEVM5Jw

I don't know if it's actually possible for there to be a worse candidate than Trump at this point.
  4. Yes. Abe remarked that is was strange that all the writers he thinks are hacks are anti-Trump. Response was that he didn't say they were hacks, but instead, "like NTL. .. .".
  5. Let me know if you're near OKC. I'll buy you lunch or something.
  6. http://hill.cm/QUtyW52?fbclid=IwAR25...CRl7x8GKVigSLY

Roberts sometimes doesn't irk me. I'm glad I'm not in P and R, but I'm just going to assume you're one of the few sane people on your side...which means you're probably being accused of being on my side. I say this with love - if you want to fully move on over, the King vouches for you. If you want to stay put on your side, King has love for that too.
  7. Hold me.
  8. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/20/u...imes&smtyp=cur

It never ceases to amaze me.

I opted out of P and R, but at this point, you're essentially a liberal. Welcome to the team, baaaaaaaaaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbyyyyyyyy
  9. Good luck getting folks to vote the way you want them to by telling them you know better for them, and ignoring their feelings.

It won't work, but good luck.

We're on the same side on free trade. We're on the same side on immigration. We're close to being on the same side on healthcare. We're on the same side when it comes to our overactive police state and how they treat minorities. I say this just to highlight that we don't disagree much on major policy initiatives.

If you want to attract rural white folks to vote in a way that fits with your worldview, you can't just tell them, "these things are better for you." Because they don't see it. The guy in Ohio who lost his job at the auto parts factory in the last financial crisis feels like the world is conspiring against him. Bankers and Elites got bailed out. Meanwhile, his family left him because he can't support them anymore.

What sounds better to that guy? What's in his best interest? Walls, and leaving trade agreements, and tariffs against cheap foreign goods all sound more in his interest. You can't just tell him, "trust us, we know better". He doesn't trust anyone. Not democrats, not republicans. Trump is the dummy crazy enough to tell him what he wants to hear, and it's different than what he's heard from either party for decades.

There are millions of folks in similar situations that all switched from voting for Obama to voting for Trump in this last election. Were they voting against their interests when they voted for Obama? They're still under-employed. They're surrounded by drug addicts whose drug dealers are Doctors pushing them pain pills etc., paid via medicaid. They're families are disintegrating because they can't support them. The schools are falling apart. etc. etc.

Trump's the only guy who has even flirted with these folks.

Their own self interest begins with having someone who at least acknowledges their problems.
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 20 of 38
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group