Conversation Between BroncoJoe and Von Kinger

31 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1. Good grief King. They provide what THAT society needs and desires. It doesn't matter what some high finance attorney from Southern Illinois thinks.

Its what makes America, America.
  2. Unless, of course, those two sentences are correct. I'm sorry, but small towns with a Krogers and three churches aren't really giving us great cultural contributions.
  3. I mean, your last two sentences say it all. You're biased, and will look for "facts" that support your opinion.
  4. BUt do you reaaaaaaaally think those facts are skewed? Or do you want them to be? Look, I wouldn't refuse anyone legal service. And lord ******* knows everyone I'm friends down here with (including the love of my life) is conservative. So, what do you want from me? There's no culture. No great contributions. Nothing.
  5. Love ya man, but even "facts" can be skewed to suit an argument. You, of all people, should know this.
  6. Well, everything I listed was a fact. An observable, documented fact. So, I don't know what more you want from me. I form opinions based on facts.
  7. Your opinions are just that, and don't make them right or correct. Lots of people "study". I'd guess your study involves information that falls in line with your way of thinking.
  8. It's not, though. It comes from study.

Look,, unfortunately for me, I treat people well. I have like three buddies who love Trump. I still like them. Even though they're wrong, and their beliefs are harmful. Probably makes me a hypocrite.

They're ultra conservative guys. From rural areas.
  9. I think that's an incredibly one-sided and naive view.

But, that's just me.
  10. I live in Illinois, Southern Illinois. I have rural family roots in Kentucky and Ohio. In Southern Illinois, people bitch about the government while living in an economy where the only thing going for it = the schools and farming. The farmers are subsidized by the government. The schools are state schools. It is the highest form of cognitive dissonance.

In Kansas they embraced a very fiscally conservative plan that is now being hailed as an abject failure by the voters and politicians who implemented it. Those voters are now blaming the government for doing what they were voted into office to do.

In West Virginia and other mining areas, for decades they were warned that the way of life they embraced as dying. For decades that was ignored and the bulk of the workers didn't go (when they could afford it) to college, or learn other job skills. Then they were told that their way of life was especially dead and then bitch about how it's unfair and no one is helping them. While voting in the same people over and over again.

In Minnesota, they went the opposite route. In Wisconsin, while contentious, the state has been helped by more responsible action and better political methods. My point is that I don't necessarily hate rural areas, but I do hate areas that do the same damn things over and over again while bitching they're underrepresented. Especially since those states tend to get more federal help than just about anyone else.

Shallow? No. A fan of actual personal accountability? Yeah. Plus those states have no actual culture. They provide nothing. And now that farming is subsidized, they essentially contribute nothing, either.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 31
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group