Conversation Between Hawgdriver and Poet

53 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1. Thank you.
  2. I think you would have made a really good judge.

I'd be comfortable with my liberal ass standing in front of your neo-con-quasi-libertarian-random-self because you're pretty fair.
  3. I see. Good luck then? I'm not sure what to do with this...
  4. It was in P and R during the early weeks of the Trump presidency.

I was in the wrong for being sympathetic to leakers in the admin who were seeing all kinds of issues with transparency and proper conduct, while also being wrong for pointing to the emoluments clause issues/situations with the Trump administration/Trump properties being used when the white house had visisters. I.E. diplomats/heads of state would stay at Trump properties during their time in the country.

I was also hassled for saying that Trump was incompetent, that being a businessman had nothing to do with being a good politician, and that we'd be screwed if we had an actual national emergency.

A phrase you used, which I do recall was "none of this is moving the needle for me."

It just reminds me of the TS arguments, CK, and JF - generally, not just with you- and it dawned me on how much shit I take for having unpopular opinions on the board that end up being right. And it makes me wonder, why do I put myself through it? And I honestly don't know why, because **** me running it gets old being in my spot. I don't think I want to be here anymore. I'm tired of people getting taken more seriously than me when they're not as correct as I am, or insightful. Being a workaholic sucks, but at least I see some payoff. I don't see the payoff for being unappreciated by a bunch of people who need years to see what I can figure out in minutes.

I will have fond memories of this place. Be good.
  5. Put it another way - if you read what I'm responding to, and not just my response, and flip through some old threads, you'd be amazed. Go flip through some of those old CK/TS war threads. They're not that hard to dig up.

Then tally some scores.

That's my response, spit out as I thought.
  6. I'm not keeping score in quite the same way, I'm just spittin my thoughts in the moment as they occur. If I'm imperfect and have failed you, I apologize.
  7. People say "I just want someone to lay it to me straight," and "just say what you mean and mean what you say," until it's something they don't want to hear. Here's my response: think about all the times I was civil and argued in good faith (almost all of the time) and then think about the responses I've received.

Has it ever occurred to you that once upon a time I literally did everything you've ever criticized me for and it didn't matter?
  8. I do know that the judgment of others affects personal power. With that in mind, I'd only want to risk judgment and a diminution of power (audience-dependent) when I knew it was worth it. Otherwise, I'd just accumulate power.
  9. The ice cold heart is for law. I'm not here operating in that capacity. I tried being Mr. Logical and methodical thought on here for years. It didn't persuade anyone. Wanna know how? Because you said it yourself: "No one cares if you're right." Do you really think my stance isn't based on logic and fact? I could produce so much verified and reputable data it'd make your head spin.

It. Doesn't. Matter.

In court you're standing in front of at least trained professionals and if they're worth their weight in salt they have an open mind to hear the argument.

It never 'mattered' how much I 'won' the debates. Do you think logic penetrates the ideological and decided mind?
  10. I have seen great players get stuck for ten days on that last star.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 53
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group