Conversation Between Von Kinger and Davii

37 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1. You weren't making any work for the mods. I respectfully disagree with your assessment. Singling out a person of any race based on their race is racism, regardless of the races involved. And yes, white people can be victims of racism. Men can be victims of sexism. They can also be victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, etc. Old people can also be victims of age discrimination, as can young people.
  2. I deleted it, but that doesn't work logically. White people aren't oppressed, they're not victims of racism. They're the majority. You can't oppress the majority, and while you may not agree with this, I can provide you with oodles of scholarship on the subject. Also, I think I was within the lines because there are threads where we're told some slurs are in fact allowed, or at least not blatantly disallowed. I deleted it because I didn't want it to be a headache for you. I deleted it out of respect, and because I really, truly, sincerely, don't want to make more work for the mods; this includes lengthy discussions where even if I'm right it's still a big board blowup. I remember the letter I wrote and sent to the mod team. But, respectfully, I do not agree with your assessment, which in this instance, might not be here or there, but is relevant in the bigger picture.
  3. Replace "old white guy" with any other age, gender, race and it's instant racism. The same is true the other direction. Painting any group of people, especially basing it on lines of race and gender, is being racist. I'm not saying you guys should be banned or be in trouble, etc but this old white guy bullshit is no different than the racist commentsthat get reported regularly except they're about old white guys so, therefore, ok.
  4. In all honesty, I need an explanation.
  5. Kind of. There were talks of it happening, he agreed to talks with San Antonio if Louisiana and New Orleans weren't prepared to either rebuild the dome or build a new stadium. He had been fighting the state (Louisiana owns the dome) to renovate or replace for a while pre-katrina. The storm, and refugees, demolishing the stadium forced a decision.
  6. I know, man. FWIW I've tried to get everyone who was irked with my banning to chill on it (not my banning but the mod thing).
  7. I know, man. FWIW I've tried to get everyone who was irked with my banning to chill on it (not my banning but the mod thing).
  8. Agreed completely. And no, it's not against the rules, but his twisted personal attacks calling people "cucks" are.
  9. Agreed completely. And no, it's not against the rules, but his twisted personal attacks calling people "cucks" are.
  10. That's unfortunate. I don't think the rules prohibit that line of joking, but I know that it's not accepted in any professional world, and the attitude towards those jokes are changing. Rapidly. That populace is not at fault, and they've done nothing wrong. To mock them and equate their condition or reality of living to a football coach is more disrespectful to said populace. In a less formal way, I think it's a punk move to use a disadvantaged populace as a punchline.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 37
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group