PDA

View Full Version : One positive of our OLine

GEM
12-30-2009, 05:23 PM
I dunno if anyone else listens to KOA in the late afternoons. I happened to listen last night and Lou from Littleton was talking about a Samaritan House fundraiser that they did earlier this month. The goal was to raise enough money to feed everyone that comes in there for an entire month. The OLine of the Broncos put on the benefit. 3 guys showed up and had a party for the families. By the time the benefit was over they had raised around $125K, but the goal was $225K. The benefit was on the radio that evening. The next day the Samaritan House received a package via UPS and in that package from the Denver Broncos Offensive Line (the players themselves, not the organization) was a check for $100K. The guys did this the day after because they didn't want to announce it on the radio. They did it from the goodness of their hearts, not for the publicity.

So we can talk all the dirt we want about the guys, in the end they have a lot of character, something that REALLY matters in this world.

Just makes football not seem so important.

bcbronc
12-30-2009, 07:20 PM
that's great and all, but does nothing to help convert a 3rd and short.

;)

Dean
12-30-2009, 07:39 PM
No, they did something more important. They fed people who would otherwise have gone hungry.:elefant:

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-30-2009, 08:03 PM
No, they did something more important. They fed people who would otherwise have gone hungry.:elefant:

Yeah trust me when you're homeless you could give a **** about football.

Superchop 7
12-30-2009, 08:47 PM
Karma is a very strong thing, never discount it.

What they did has measure beyond words.

Here's the deal.

Everything on this earth is borrowed.

What you "own" in your lifetime is your "actions".

And ultimately, that is your definement.

pnbronco
12-30-2009, 09:01 PM

These are some great guys, the O line did the same thing last year.

There are many players on our team that have helped a lot of charities in our community without any publicity, they just care. I would hope that people remember these facts and that they are men and a lot of them have families.

Thanks guys for being just great guys.....:salute: