PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Offseason Meanderings

WARHORSE
12-30-2009, 04:03 PM
Apparently, Marshall wants a deal that makes him 'well north' of the highest paid player in the NFL.

Roddy White got a 50 mil deal with 18.5 guaranteed earlier this year.

Though guys like Fitz and Wayne may make big single salary payouts this year, Im not sure what the highest paid WRs contract looks like.(i didnt want to search for it either)

But anyway, lets say for discussions sake, Brandon is lookin for a 60 million dollar deal with 25 guaranteed.

Is that something we do?

Supposing Doomerville looks for that money. Is that something we do?

Couple of thoughts that say if we sign one of these guys, its Doom, and we franchise Brandon in order to get draft selections in return should he go get someone to up the payday for him. If youre gonna give out big money to someone, you wanna give it to the guy with good character. Does anyone learn around here?

Someone like..........Dan Snyder........or the NY Giants.

I defer to Mike Shanahans way of dealing with these things.

"What do you want Brandon?"

"I want to be paid like a megastar WR cause thats what I am"

"Whats your price?"

"65 Mil with 30 guaranteed"

"Is that negotiable?"

"No with a capital N."

"Well I cant pay that Brandon. And if you can get someone else to, you deserve it. But we have a stake in you, and if you figure youre worth that much, then go get me your worth in draft picks and we'll let you go without franchising you........I want two first rounders"

"TWO FIRST ROUNDERS???? Man, aint nobody givin up two first rounders!"

"I thought you said you were the best WR in the league?"

"Well I am, but......."

:|

"No buts.............bring me the picks. If you cant get me two firsts, get me a top five pick and a third, or a deal for a player/picks I like.......ok?"

"Alright. Youre gonna be sorry you didnt pay me."

"Im sorry already."

Should we gain the draft picks, we use the picks to build well. Turn the high picks into lower picks, stockpiling for the next couple years.

IF we had three firsts, we have a real shot at Suh, Berry, McCoy, Dez Bryant or Clausen.

IF that were the case, we could still address the Oline, and other needs.

Two huge roadgrading guards/centers. A punter. Linebackers. Etc.

The franchise tag number for WRs next year is at 9.8 mil I believe.

Two things about that number. One, Brandon is going to go absolutley nuts if he has to play for that chump change. Two, its an EASILY traded number.

If Brandon is franchised, even exclusively, he will get alot of looks.

This offseason for the Denver Broncos, is going to be VERY interestink!!

silkamilkamonico
12-30-2009, 04:12 PM
I think you have to pay Marshall.

You take him away from our offense, we have arguably the worst offense in the NFL.

I'm a huge McDaniels supporter, but whatever happens in the offseason, next year is going to be more pressing, and much harder for him on the offensive side of the ball.

It's very concievable that we have a worse offense on paper next year then we did this year. Doesn't mean much, but it certainly isn't comforting.

claymore
12-30-2009, 04:20 PM
I agree War, I love Marshall, but we arent one WR away from anything, and I dont want 60 mill plus tied up in a guy who has been such a distraction and liablility in the offseason.

As for Dume, Id take a first and 3rd tender on him. We arent a dume away from anything either.

SOCALORADO.
12-30-2009, 04:23 PM
I think you have to pay Marshall.

You take him away from our offense, we have arguably the worst offense in the NFL.

I'm a huge McDaniels supporter, but whatever happens in the offseason, next year is going to be more pressing, and much harder for him on the offensive side of the ball.

It's very concievable that we have a worse offense on paper next year then we did this year. Doesn't mean much, but it certainly isn't comforting.

1st, i dont know why Clausens name keeps coming up in these discussions about high draft picks. "Jimmy" isnt worth it.
As for Marshall, DEN pays him a contract thats in line with what RWhite or Fitz got. If he wants more, then he can go out and get high draft picks, which DEN can use. If he cant do this, he gets franchised. Thats the leverage DEN has to either get his agent to find the picks or sign the contract. its really on Marshall.
If DEN aquires picks, then Dez Bryant has to be the #1 option in the draft. He immediately fills the need and would be much cheaper then Vincent Jackson. Plus he personally knows Neon. How cool! (Kidding) Hes a beast, and would fill a HUGE hole.
As For Doom, again, gotta pay the man. Period.
Doom=James Harrison.
Hes just too valuable to the 3-4 defense, and hes a game changer. Cant chance trying to start over with a new drafted player. This will be the 1st of many Pro Bowls for Doom.
Champ should NOT be given any new extension on his contract. DEN should just allow him to play out his contract and then renogotiate a new contract, or move on. Too much $$, and the young superstar guys should get it. Sorry, but that just good buisness.

Northman
12-30-2009, 04:25 PM
Pay Marshall. This is why.

Most of the teams that have championships have a trio of players on offense that make them great to begin with. Denver used to have Elway, TD, and Smith. Dallas had Aikman, Irvin, and Smith. etc. Right now, Marshall is the ONLY playmaker this team has. To let him walk would just set us back at the position.

silkamilkamonico
12-30-2009, 04:30 PM
I don't understand why people are so bent on Denver going WR, or QB in the draft.

We need oline help, period. Trade back and beef up the interior. I wish Denver would understand that the game is won and lost in the trenches.

silkamilkamonico
12-30-2009, 04:31 PM

Most of the teams that have championships have a trio of players on offense that make them great to begin with. Denver used to have Elway, TD, and Smith. Dallas had Aikman, Irvin, and Smith. etc. Right now, Marshall is the ONLY playmaker this team has. To let him walk would just set us back at the position.

Although I don't disagree with your trio argument, both of those teams had arguably the best oline in the NFL at that time. I think that's something that get's overlooked every time that argument is brought up.

G_Money
12-30-2009, 04:42 PM
Yep. I see Brandon being franchised and traded (or traded before we can franchise him). We're not gonna pay him huge money. Not when I can get the same production from Jabar Gaffney (and I'm sure we can... /sarcasm).

But about the draftpicks...McDaniels doesn't WANT firsts. He gave away a first for Alphonso because he didn't want to pay the going rate for 2 firsts next year. That's the Patriot Way - stock up on 2nds, not firsts. Firsts make too much. Maybe that changes with a rookie salary cap that gets put in for the future, maybe not, but I don't see us having a bunch of firsts. I could even see us trading down to nab an extra pick or two since we're holding the Bears' first and that one will get paid decent change.

If we get a first for Marshall, I think we're definitely trading down with one of the picks. I'd prefer to trade UP if we're gonna trade anywhere, but that depends on how the board falls. We need DL and OL. OL can be had later. DL needs to be grabbed early to truly fit our scheme (a monster in the middle doesn't fall as far as you'd like). Except for this year, honestly, when there are some decent DTs up for grabs. Suh is out of reach (again, unless we somehow trade up). Gerald McCoy is not really a 3-4 guy IMO. So I'd think we'd go for Mount Cody or Dan Williams from TN. I can't imagine us not using a first rounder on a DT, but stranger things have happened.

But we need to add several linemen on both sides in FA and the draft.

Potential draft board:

1) DT Cody
1A) WR Golden Tate (received in Marshall trade)
2) C Wisniewski
3) QB Colt McCoy

*laughs*

It's gonna be interesting to see how Josh tries to fill our holes. Hopefully he chooses to use lube...

~G

SOCALORADO.
12-30-2009, 04:57 PM
I don't understand why people are so bent on Denver going WR, or QB in the draft.

We need oline help, period. Trade back and beef up the interior. I wish Denver would understand that the game is won and lost in the trenches.

I completely understand the argument for O-linemen. But they can be had in FA and later in the draft.
Pay Logan Mankins. Hes going to the Pro Bowl too, right? huh.
Just pay the man.
Clady LT
Mankins OG (signed, FA)
Tennant or Weisnewski C (drafted in the 2nd or 3rd)
Kuper OG
Harris RT (healthy, of course)

There. Suddenly the O-line is a freakin road gratin, max protect the QB powerhouse. Maybe use another late round pick on another player to back up Harris if he gets injured.

broncophan
12-30-2009, 05:06 PM
I don't trust Marshall.....but I agree.....he should be paid #1w/r money.
my fear is we give him a 3 year contract.....and he pulls his off the field crap for the next couple of years....and his unprofessional practice stuff.........then he is up for another contract and he has another helluva year.......100 catch seasons are great.....just not sure if all the other stuff is worth it as well...

T.K.O.
12-30-2009, 05:29 PM
we WILL pay marshall and it makes no real sense trading him for 1 or even 2 first rnd picks,as you have to pay 1st rounders more these days than proven guys anyways....unless there is a dramatic rookie contract change in a cba that happens in time to help with the situation,we would be better off paying marshall 50 mil than some kid who could be a total bust:salute:

topscribe
12-30-2009, 05:31 PM
Franchise time . . . :coffee:

-----

Italianmobstr7
12-30-2009, 05:55 PM
We need to pay Marshall whatever he wants, and Doom needs to be paid well too. We have the money to do it. Those are 2 of our best players and we can't afford to not have either of them.

SmilinAssasSin27
12-30-2009, 06:00 PM
Buyer beware. Franchising him will make him a top 5 paid WR. Let's see...Wayne, Fitz, White, A Johnson, C Johnson, Moss are all AT LEAST as good as BM. This tells me that average of top 5 WRs is VERY reasonable. If he bicthes up again, we know he hasn't grown up and then we deal his ass.

WARHORSE
12-30-2009, 06:03 PM
1st, i dont know why Clausens name keeps coming up in these discussions about high draft picks. "Jimmy" isnt worth it.
As for Marshall, DEN pays him a contract thats in line with what RWhite or Fitz got. If he wants more, then he can go out and get high draft picks, which DEN can use. If he cant do this, he gets franchised. Thats the leverage DEN has to either get his agent to find the picks or sign the contract. its really on Marshall.
If DEN aquires picks, then Dez Bryant has to be the #1 option in the draft. He immediately fills the need and would be much cheaper then Vincent Jackson. Plus he personally knows Neon. How cool! (Kidding) Hes a beast, and would fill a HUGE hole.
As For Doom, again, gotta pay the man. Period.
Doom=James Harrison.
Hes just too valuable to the 3-4 defense, and hes a game changer. Cant chance trying to start over with a new drafted player. This will be the 1st of many Pro Bowls for Doom.
Champ should NOT be given any new extension on his contract. DEN should just allow him to play out his contract and then renogotiate a new contract, or move on. Too much $$, and the young superstar guys should get it. Sorry, but that just good buisness.

Doom is in a contract year, but its also his first in the 3/4 defense.

Can this guy play better next year? Yes, but that would be in the run game if anything. Its not like hes gonna get more sacks...............unless we get others to take the pressure off him.

Doom can really cause havoc if we get another good threat or two.

Suh would be crazy good help for us. Seymour as well.

If we get another really good rush LBer, that too would nut up the defense another notch. Can anyone imagine the secondary with that kind of pressure?

Wooot!

WARHORSE
12-30-2009, 06:09 PM
Yep. I see Brandon being franchised and traded (or traded before we can franchise him). We're not gonna pay him huge money. Not when I can get the same production from Jabar Gaffney (and I'm sure we can... /sarcasm).

But about the draftpicks...McDaniels doesn't WANT firsts. He gave away a first for Alphonso because he didn't want to pay the going rate for 2 firsts next year. That's the Patriot Way - stock up on 2nds, not firsts. Firsts make too much. Maybe that changes with a rookie salary cap that gets put in for the future, maybe not, but I don't see us having a bunch of firsts. I could even see us trading down to nab an extra pick or two since we're holding the Bears' first and that one will get paid decent change.

If we get a first for Marshall, I think we're definitely trading down with one of the picks. I'd prefer to trade UP if we're gonna trade anywhere, but that depends on how the board falls. We need DL and OL. OL can be had later. DL needs to be grabbed early to truly fit our scheme (a monster in the middle doesn't fall as far as you'd like). Except for this year, honestly, when there are some decent DTs up for grabs. Suh is out of reach (again, unless we somehow trade up). Gerald McCoy is not really a 3-4 guy IMO. So I'd think we'd go for Mount Cody or Dan Williams from TN. I can't imagine us not using a first rounder on a DT, but stranger things have happened.

But we need to add several linemen on both sides in FA and the draft.

Potential draft board:

1) DT Cody
1A) WR Golden Tate (received in Marshall trade)
2) C Wisniewski
3) QB Colt McCoy

*laughs*

It's gonna be interesting to see how Josh tries to fill our holes. Hopefully he chooses to use lube...

~G

Gerald McCoy would be perfect for DE in our scheme.

Im with Coachaz on Mnt. Cody..........In the Mile High air, hes toast. And who would want to sub him out? Teams would go no huddle on us, and it would be Gilbert Brown superbowl playbacks for years.

WARHORSE
12-30-2009, 06:21 PM
Oklahoma's McCoy has bigger dreams than NFL

12/24/2009

By JEFF LATZKE / Associated Press

Gerald McCoy thinks he's ready to make the jump to the NFL. But along with his football future, McCoy has someone else's dreams on his mind.

McCoy lost his mother, Patricia, to complications from a brain aneurysm before he even got a chance to play at Oklahoma. Yet her dreams live on because of her son.

When McCoy walked across a stage to get his degree from Oklahoma last week, it was the fulfillment of one of Patricia's wishes. He could have left school early after the Sooners played for the national championship last year, but the jovial defensive tackle stuck around.

"The main reason I came back is because of her. I think she'd be proud that I stayed in school to work to get my degree because what's she's all about is school," McCoy said. "She loved football but she could care less whether I played football or not. She wanted me to get my degree and she knew how important school was."

McCoy has another mission beyond getting his degree and playing pro football. He recalls driving around with his mother one day when they passed a shelter and she told him how she wanted to build one of her own. She even had a plot of land picked out to build it. She only needed the means to buy it and make it happen.

McCoy envisions it as a place for people who find themselves homeless, out on the street with nowhere to turn.

"I've known people, they went to my high school, who had kids and they just couldn't afford to live where they stay," McCoy said. "They got evicted and needed somewhere to go for a few days until they figure something out."

He wants to help, and his success at Oklahoma has opened the door for him to do just that. McCoy was the USA Today defensive player of the year in high school and lived up to his billing as a dominant force in the middle of the Sooners front line.

McCoy became perhaps the most vocal leader of a unit that ranks seventh in the nation in scoring and total defense. And he went beyond that: Coach Bob Stoops told of how, after playing every single defensive snap in a game, he'd return on Mondays to do his assigned running. He'd then lead the charge when it was time for the offensive linemen — not even his personnel group — to run.

"Gerald has been an amazing individual and young man to be around here for four years. He lifts everybody up he's around," Stoops said. "He's been an amazing leader. Not many guys through here as a sophomore and junior are captains.

"I could go on and on for an hour, not even talking about his ability on the field. And then you put him on the field, and he has the strength and quickness to be such a special player."

A likely first-round pick — and projected by many experts to go in the top 10 — McCoy could soon have the means to make another of his mother's dreams a reality. He announced last week that he would skip his senior year with the Sooners (7-5) to head to the NFL, making the Dec. 31 Sun Bowl against Stanford (8-4) his last college game.

"Once she passed away and then I started to see where I might be able to go, I always said to myself, 'If I get a chance to get a little bit of money, I'm going to do that for her and put it in her name,'" McCoy said. "It's just something I always wanted to do because she was so passionate about it. She was all about people, just like me. That's just something I want to do for her."

McCoy said he's already started examining the possibilities and talking to people about how he would go about building the shelter, which he plans to build in his hometown of Oklahoma City. But, he says, "that'll be in the future."

Until then, he's going to keep enjoying the game he learned to love from his father, Gerald Sr., and the same game that could allow him to honor his mother's wishes.

"My father always told me, 'Have as much fun as you can while you're in college because you only get it once. You don't get it back.' My mother always used to tell me, 'Why not have fun while you've got the opportunity?' So, that's what I did. I tried to make the best of it," McCoy said. "I enjoyed college while I had it, and I've had a lot of fun.

"I'm going to miss college, but I think I'm ready to move on.

Superchop 7
12-30-2009, 07:07 PM
Cody is overpowering, with Tuten around.....conditioning is not a problem.

Suh may have the numbers.....but Cody is more valuable to allow LB to flow to the ball.

This guy at 340 is going to wreak havoc.

And once again.......San Diego has their sights on him.

No individual has rushed for 100 yards against him at Alabama.

Lonestar
12-30-2009, 07:35 PM
I also believe that we have to come up with another NT monster on day one.. with rounds three-four going towards OG and perhaps a Center for grooming.. after that it becomes back up time for BPA..

we are solid one deep at most positions BUT very thin after that..

I also suspect that unless we can get into the top two or three we will trade our top pick for multiple 2s and 3s..

topscribe
12-30-2009, 08:55 PM
Oklahoma's McCoy has bigger dreams than NFL

12/24/2009

By JEFF LATZKE / Associated Press

Gerald McCoy thinks he's ready to make the jump to the NFL. But along with his football future, McCoy has someone else's dreams on his mind.

McCoy lost his mother, Patricia, to complications from a brain aneurysm before he even got a chance to play at Oklahoma. Yet her dreams live on because of her son.

When McCoy walked across a stage to get his degree from Oklahoma last week, it was the fulfillment of one of Patricia's wishes. He could have left school early after the Sooners played for the national championship last year, but the jovial defensive tackle stuck around.

"The main reason I came back is because of her. I think she'd be proud that I stayed in school to work to get my degree because what's she's all about is school," McCoy said. "She loved football but she could care less whether I played football or not. She wanted me to get my degree and she knew how important school was."

McCoy has another mission beyond getting his degree and playing pro football. He recalls driving around with his mother one day when they passed a shelter and she told him how she wanted to build one of her own. She even had a plot of land picked out to build it. She only needed the means to buy it and make it happen.

McCoy envisions it as a place for people who find themselves homeless, out on the street with nowhere to turn.

"I've known people, they went to my high school, who had kids and they just couldn't afford to live where they stay," McCoy said. "They got evicted and needed somewhere to go for a few days until they figure something out."

He wants to help, and his success at Oklahoma has opened the door for him to do just that. McCoy was the USA Today defensive player of the year in high school and lived up to his billing as a dominant force in the middle of the Sooners front line.

McCoy became perhaps the most vocal leader of a unit that ranks seventh in the nation in scoring and total defense. And he went beyond that: Coach Bob Stoops told of how, after playing every single defensive snap in a game, he'd return on Mondays to do his assigned running. He'd then lead the charge when it was time for the offensive linemen — not even his personnel group — to run.

"Gerald has been an amazing individual and young man to be around here for four years. He lifts everybody up he's around," Stoops said. "He's been an amazing leader. Not many guys through here as a sophomore and junior are captains.

"I could go on and on for an hour, not even talking about his ability on the field. And then you put him on the field, and he has the strength and quickness to be such a special player."

A likely first-round pick — and projected by many experts to go in the top 10 — McCoy could soon have the means to make another of his mother's dreams a reality. He announced last week that he would skip his senior year with the Sooners (7-5) to head to the NFL, making the Dec. 31 Sun Bowl against Stanford (8-4) his last college game.

"Once she passed away and then I started to see where I might be able to go, I always said to myself, 'If I get a chance to get a little bit of money, I'm going to do that for her and put it in her name,'" McCoy said. "It's just something I always wanted to do because she was so passionate about it. She was all about people, just like me. That's just something I want to do for her."

McCoy said he's already started examining the possibilities and talking to people about how he would go about building the shelter, which he plans to build in his hometown of Oklahoma City. But, he says, "that'll be in the future."

Until then, he's going to keep enjoying the game he learned to love from his father, Gerald Sr., and the same game that could allow him to honor his mother's wishes.

"My father always told me, 'Have as much fun as you can while you're in college because you only get it once. You don't get it back.' My mother always used to tell me, 'Why not have fun while you've got the opportunity?' So, that's what I did. I tried to make the best of it," McCoy said. "I enjoyed college while I had it, and I've had a lot of fun.

"I'm going to miss college, but I think I'm ready to move on.

Running out of ink? :coffee:

-----

WARHORSE
12-31-2009, 04:11 AM
Cody is overpowering, with Tuten around.....conditioning is not a problem.

Suh may have the numbers.....but Cody is more valuable to allow LB to flow to the ball.

This guy at 340 is going to wreak havoc.

And once again.......San Diego has their sights on him.

No individual has rushed for 100 yards against him at Alabama.

If Cody were serious imo, he'd be in shape already.

Hes not an every down player the way that McCoy is. McCoy can play DT, NT and DE for us.......and.......be effective.

Cody isnt a third down player. So when it comes to picking top ten, its easily
Gerald McCoy imo.

McCoy may not be as polished as Suh right now, but theyre the same player, and McCoy can still add some weight, whereas Suh is probably already near his peak. True, Suh has some hops that are normally found in the back seven, but McCoy is a beast, make no mistake about it.

Suh is a dream player.

Im thinking St. Louis is going to have to make a helluva decision come draft day, especially after they just took two DTs in the last two drafts with their first rounders. They simply arent going to sink that kind of money solely into their Dline imo.

If we got McCoy at 10, Id go nuts.

silkamilkamonico
12-31-2009, 10:13 AM
Buyer beware. Franchising him will make him a top 5 paid WR. Let's see...Wayne, Fitz, White, A Johnson, C Johnson, Moss are all AT LEAST as good as BM. This tells me that average of top 5 WRs is VERY reasonable. If he bicthes up again, we know he hasn't grown up and then we deal his ass.

"AT LEAST"? I could easily argue Marshall being as good as, if not better, than Fitz, Wayne, White, and CJohnson.

Moss is tricky because he's a one trick pony. He's such a good down the field WR, but average in everything else.

There isn't a WR in the game better than Andre Johnson, and it isn't even close.

Marshall is easily argued as a top 5 WR with a plethora of them, and I don't see how anyone can say otherwise.

SOCALORADO.
12-31-2009, 10:25 AM
"AT LEAST"? I could easily argue Marshall being as good as, if not better, than Fitz, Wayne, White, and CJohnson.

Moss is tricky because he's a one trick pony. He's such a good down the field WR, but average in everything else.

There isn't a WR in the game better than Andre Johnson, and it isn't even close.

Marshall is easily argued as a top 5 WR with a plethora of them, and I don't see how anyone can say otherwise.

I completely agree. Marshall is top 5 and only getting better.
He could be the best in the league if he gets a QB that can make all the throws to him.

CoachChaz
12-31-2009, 10:37 AM
I completely agree. Marshall is top 5 and only getting better.
He could be the best in the league if he gets a QB that can make all the throws to him.

He broke the single game record and has another 100 reception season with Orton at QB. Sorry...but the ceiling for improvement isnt very high at this point. You could give him Payton manning and I would exactly expect a 25 catch game or 120 receptions.

SOCALORADO.
12-31-2009, 10:41 AM
He broke the single game record and has another 100 reception season with Orton at QB. Sorry...but the ceiling for improvement isnt very high at this point. You could give him Payton manning and I would exactly expect a 25 catch game or 120 receptions.

Sorry.....but i disagree. Orton throwing 3 yard passes again and again and losing the game doesnt mean Marshalls hit his ceiling. He has the capacity with a QB that can throw a football more than 20 yards accurately, to be
top 3 in the NFL.

silkamilkamonico
12-31-2009, 10:42 AM
Ceiling doesn't have to be very high. He's already an elite WR in the NFL. There aren't any WR other than AJohnson who has a better skillset and production than marshall, collectively.

CoachChaz
12-31-2009, 10:59 AM
Sorry.....but i disagree. Orton throwing 3 yard passes again and again and losing the game doesnt mean Marshalls hit his ceiling. He has the capacity with a QB that can throw a football more than 20 yards accurately, to be
top 3 in the NFL.

So instead of getting 4 catches for 30 yards...he'd have 2 catches for 30 yards. Maybe the yards per catch is better, but then the receptions go down. I just dont see him or hardly anyone else catching 130 balls for 2000 yards and 20 TD's in a season

SOCALORADO.
12-31-2009, 11:08 AM
So instead of getting 4 catches for 30 yards...he'd have 2 catches for 30 yards. Maybe the yards per catch is better, but then the receptions go down. I just dont see him or hardly anyone else catching 130 balls for 2000 yards and 20 TD's in a season

No. He would have 2 catches for 80 yards, but more importantly, he would have 2 TDS and a win.:D

Dreadnought
12-31-2009, 11:59 AM

I disagree insofar as this - it was Smith, McCaffery, and most importantly Sharpe - in combination, complementing each other, and making it impossible to DT any one guy. I dislike the concept of having a #1 WR, and would much prefer a balanced stable of very good guys to one supposedly super wideout.

Marshall is outstanding - and I'd take a pair of number 1's for him in a hot minute anyway.

underrated29
12-31-2009, 12:46 PM
well I think we should resign him. Our offense sucks as is, and Marshall is like 28% of it. Now if we got offered two 1sts. I might be inclined but for now pay the man and lets move on.

It might be an uncapped year this next year, but the following year will be a year inwhich there will be a cap. If anything I say we front load contracts. If its uncapped lets get the guaranteed money or whatever out of the way now- and clear the books for down the road.

As for cody he is a 2nd rdr, someone might reach and take him in the late first. But i suspect some team that picks between 33-40 will nab him. I would love him, but he is NOT a first rd talent for our team. Here in the thin air- when he has been reported around 400lbs many times- would kill him. Probably literally.---but with a 2nd rd pick he is worth it. Never with the #10 pick which is where we will be picking.

SOCALORADO.
12-31-2009, 12:51 PM
well I think we should resign him. Our offense sucks as is, and Marshall is like 28% of it. Now if we got offered two 1sts. I might be inclined but for now pay the man and lets move on.

It might be an uncapped year this next year, but the following year will be a year inwhich there will be a cap. If anything I say we front load contracts. If its uncapped lets get the guaranteed money or whatever out of the way now- and clear the books for down the road.

As for cody he is a 2nd rdr, someone might reach and take him in the late first. But i suspect some team that picks between 33-40 will nab him. I would love him, but he is NOT a first rd talent for our team. Here in the thin air- when he has been reported around 400lbs many times- would kill him. Probably literally.---but with a 2nd rd pick he is worth it. Never with the #10 pick which is where we will be picking.

:lol:

SmilinAssasSin27
01-01-2010, 04:23 PM

Point remains...top five WR money is very fair. Especially given the attitude. I'd rather have everyone I listed (except for Roddy).

rcsodak
01-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Although I don't disagree with your trio argument, both of those teams had arguably the best oline in the NFL at that time. I think that's something that get's overlooked every time that argument is brought up.

One of the important "trio's" that we should be talking about, is the "trio" on the Dline.

Nose/ILB/ILB or NT/DT/DT/ILB.

Run stopping, pressure making Dline. NE had it...BMore had it...SD had it...

It's like your 'core'. Without it, it's hard to make gains working out. You build form your core, out.