PDA

View Full Version : Site with several multi-round mocks...kind of interesting

lex
02-18-2008, 10:35 AM
http://www.thefootballexpert.com/bures2008nflmockdraft.html

I didnt think some of these were too bad. I think most of them have us taking Clady in Rd 1 but I wonder if they were privy to Shanahans end of year presser?

BeefStew25
02-18-2008, 10:39 AM
139. Broncos - WR Davonne Bess 5’9 190 4.5 Hawaii
The Broncos need a playmaker opposite Brandon Marshall, and with the possible release of Javon Walker the Broncos need to add some depth. They try their luck with another Rainbow wide receiver, hopefully he turns out better than Lelie.

This guy seemed pretty physical when I saw him play.

Cleveland Rocks
02-18-2008, 10:46 AM
Looks like some solid picks for the Browns in that one.

MOtorboat
02-18-2008, 10:54 AM
This guy seemed pretty physical when I saw him play.

Oh, lord no. Boss, calm down.

BeefStew25
02-18-2008, 10:58 AM
Oh, lord no. Boss, calm down.

I won't try to play a guitar.

MOtorboat
02-18-2008, 10:59 AM
I won't try to play a guitar.

Why not? We would make a great pair...singing Kumbaya with our pony tails...

mclark
02-18-2008, 11:30 AM
http://www.thefootballexpert.com/bures2008nflmockdraft.html

I didnt think some of these were too bad. I think most of them have us taking Clady in Rd 1 but I wonder if they were privy to Shanahans end of year presser?

Remember: Shanny doesn't want anyone to know what he's thinking. Is he giving away his draft strategy at his press conference? I doubt it.

lex
02-18-2008, 11:35 AM
Remember: Shanny doesn't want anyone to know what he's thinking. Is he giving away his draft strategy at his press conference? I doubt it.

A lot of people had us taking a DE last year and we did. I think there is less counter-intelligence than you think. You might be right but its not an absolute.

Scarface
02-18-2008, 12:35 PM
A lot of people had us taking a DE last year and we did. I think there is less counter-intelligence than you think. You might be right but its not an absolute.

It's not rocket science. DE was a huge need for us. You don't need inside information to figure out Atlanta needs a QB this year either.

turftoad
02-18-2008, 12:48 PM
It's not rocket science. DE was a huge need for us. You don't need inside information to figure out Atlanta needs a QB this year either.

Exactly...... and it's not rocket science to know we were 30th vs the run last year either. The need for run stuffers and LB's is a huge need for us this year.

lex
02-18-2008, 01:01 PM

Actually DE was a need but there were other possibilities too.

Slick
02-18-2008, 01:12 PM
116. Broncos(Was) - FB Owen Schmitt 6’2 247 4.7 West Virginia
Broncos fans have been wanting a true fullback since Howard Griffith retired. Schmitt is the best pure fullback to come out of the draft in a long time.

Yes please.

shank
02-18-2008, 03:07 PM
116. Broncos(Was) - FB Owen Schmitt 6’2 247 4.7 West Virginia
Broncos fans have been wanting a true fullback since Howard Griffith retired. Schmitt is the best pure fullback to come out of the draft in a long time.

Yes please.

owen schmitt won't be around in the 4th will he?

Slick
02-18-2008, 03:11 PM
owen schmitt won't be around in the 4th will he?

Not on my draft board Shaw. If we got a 3rd somehow, I'd use it to get him.

I absolutely love the guy. man crush, wood, whatever you want to call it.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-18-2008, 03:15 PM
I really couldn't be upset if our draft went this way.

An OT in Clady
A LB in Henderson
A DT in Pressley
A S in Adams
A FB in Schmidt
I disagree w/ the WR, but A WR would be cool later on.
A Punter which is needed
and a project QB/WR/ST player

I could dig it.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-18-2008, 03:30 PM
One guy actually has us taking Okam at #12 overall...classic. But really...I'd vomit.

Slick
02-18-2008, 03:34 PM
One guy actually has us taking Okam at #12 overall...classic. But really...I'd vomit.

Yea, I saw that too. I wouldn't mind taking a shot on Okam, but at 12, no thanks.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-18-2008, 04:20 PM
at 112...MAYBE

dogfish
02-18-2008, 04:45 PM
man. . . . i rarely ever advocate this type of move, but if we got clady at 12 and jonathon stewart fell past 20 we should be burning up the phones offering next year's first to get back in and grab him. . . .

MOtorboat
02-18-2008, 04:51 PM
man. . . . i rarely ever advocate this type of move, but if we got clady at 12 and jonathon stewart fell past 20 we should be burning up the phones offering next year's first to get back in and grab him. . . .

Ugh, no...I hate giving up next year's first round pick.

Lonestar
02-18-2008, 04:53 PM

ME TOO..
I suspect that it might be in the 10-16 range again..

dogfish
02-18-2008, 05:09 PM

i generally do too, but in this particular instance i think it would be worth it. . . stewart is going to be a freakin' stud-- the guy is like a bulldozer with a jet engine. . . he's versatile, and he's built to absorb punsihment with a thick, ripped physique. . . even behind an average line, he would immediately push our running game back to elite status, and he's the kind of bruising workhorse back that would take a LOT of pressure off both cutler and the defense. . . .

dogfish
02-18-2008, 05:09 PM
ME TOO..
I suspect that it might be in the 10-16 range again..

stewart is absolutely worth a pick in that range. . . .

Requiem / The Dagda
02-18-2008, 05:10 PM
I'm still wondering of Warren's playing time escalated the conditional pick from a fifth to a fourth rounder.

I'm not sure who that guy was, but that's a pretty damn good draft.

Scarface
02-18-2008, 05:21 PM
I'd rather take Clady, keep next years 1st, and draft Forte with a pick later.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff302/ScarfaceBroncos2007/NFL%20Draft%2008/RB/482566.jpg

underrated29
02-18-2008, 05:34 PM
To me ideal draft is like this:

we sign WR J mccerins
we sign OL smiley
we sign DT williams
trade for rodgers
draft stewart at #12 or lions spot whatever as long as we get him!!
2nd rd take LB at #12
trade back into 2nd rd for wr

picks left over take o.schmitt,comrartie,demps,drago.

I know we dont have enough picks for all them, but maybe we can trade some of our guys henry,fox,walker,gold,bell and make it work.

Broncospsycho77
02-18-2008, 05:42 PM
211. Broncos(TB) - WR/QB Omar Haugabook 6’0 215 4.4 Troy
The Broncos get their version of slash. Haugabook will not play QB in the pros but has great speed and could be a WR and or KR for the team. He could also be the emergency QB and save a roster spot

I actually kind of like this move as a seventh round pick. Sounds really interesting, and I always liked that guy from Troy. They were definitely the giant slayers of college football in the last few years.

Drill-N-Fill
02-18-2008, 06:34 PM
No more free agents. We arent' ready to win now, no need to spend money on high prized FA's. Build through the draft is all I ask for. We have the core to develop a dynasty if we do it right.

shank
02-19-2008, 12:52 AM
I'm still wondering of Warren's playing time escalated the conditional pick from a fifth to a fourth rounder.

I'm not sure who that guy was, but that's a pretty damn good draft.

i agree that is a very good draft. it seems he has done much more research, or just knows a lot more about a lot of teams than most unknown mock drafters (and even a lot of the 'pros'). add at least corey williams in FA and it could be a good offseason.

(and i would love the idea of trading back into round 1 to get a guy like stewart in the 20s... i would love it all the way until next years draft lol)

atwater27
02-19-2008, 01:47 PM
Looks like some solid picks for the Browns in that one.

as if we care.

dogfish
02-19-2008, 01:56 PM
Even without a future first if we walk away with a draft haul that includes Clady, Stewart and if the rest could even closely resemble this mock (Dragosavich, Schmidtt etc..)... We gotta be happy with THAT.

damn right! add stewart's size/speed combo to a solid work ethic, durability, vision, and proven production, and you've got a complete package that not very many backs can match. . . he would be a straight up monster in our scheme. . .

(and i would love the idea of trading back into round 1 to get a guy like stewart in the 20s... i would love it all the way until next years draft lol)

having one of the league's elite players would help ease your suffering. . . . :D

BOSSHOGG30
02-19-2008, 04:00 PM
as if we care.

Just so you know atwater... you might want to change your sig....

Albert Haynesworth, Jared Allen,Terrell Suggs, Karlos Dansby, have all been given the franchise tag and Marion Barber is a RFA with a 1st and 3rd round tender.

atwater27
02-20-2008, 01:37 AM
Just so you know atwater... you might want to change your sig....

Albert Haynesworth, Jared Allen,Terrell Suggs, Karlos Dansby, have all been given the franchise tag and Marion Barber is a RFA with a 1st and 3rd round tender.

I knew a week ago. It doesn't mean I still don't want them.:D