PDA

View Full Version : Ruh Roh Berger

GEM
12-30-2009, 12:41 PM
Looks like you might be getting the Kern treatment. Broncos just signed Britton Colquitt.

weazel
12-30-2009, 12:44 PM
good

underrated29
12-30-2009, 12:49 PM
yeah, but we arent cutting the berger because he is the holder for prater....Good news is he is not punting anymore....

Still i want us to draft ZOLTAN!!!!! see my sig for his beastliness.

GEM
12-30-2009, 12:55 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_14093547?source=rss

Britton Colquitt (4) at Broncos Rookie Camp on July 29, 2009 at Dove Valley. (John Leyba | The Denver Post)

The Broncos have filled the vacant spot on their 53-man roster with rookie punter Britton Colquitt, who was with the team through the preseason.

Assuming Colquitt kicks on Sunday, it likely sets up an interesting story line for the game against Kansas City, because the Chiefs' punter is Dustin Colquitt, Britton's older brother.

Mitch Berger, who has been the team's punter since mid October, remains on the 53-man roster. Berger and kicker Matt Prater have established a good kicker-holder relationship since Berger's arrival, and Prater has missed only one field goal since. Berger could still be here for those duties.

Coach Josh McDaniels on Monday said the team wasn't entirely happy with the way it punted Sunday against the Eagles.

Colquitt takes the spot on the active roster vacated by rookie WR Kenny McKinley, who was placed on the injured reserve earlier this week.

jjtodd5
12-30-2009, 01:02 PM
why didn't we just keep Colquitt to begin with? was I the only one surprised when they choose Kern over him in the preseason?

Mike
12-30-2009, 01:10 PM
good

missingnumber7
12-30-2009, 01:11 PM
yeah, but we arent cutting the berger because he is the holder for prater....Good news is he is not punting anymore.....

Unless we need a 25 yard punt.

honz
12-30-2009, 01:15 PM
Berger had been solid, but he layed two eggs against Baltimore and the Eagles which is inexcusable. Hopefully Colquitt can punt us into the playoffs.

getlynched47
12-30-2009, 01:18 PM
Berger will stay to be the holder. But he lost his punting job to Colquitt.

So does that technically mean that Berger's job title is "holder"??? I wish I got paid what Berger does for holding a damn football :(

missingnumber7
12-30-2009, 01:21 PM
Berger will stay to be the holder. But he lost his punting job to Colquitt.

So does that technically mean that Berger's job title is "holder"??? I wish I got paid what Berger does for holding a damn football :(

They pay a guy to be the long snapper.

dogfish
12-30-2009, 01:42 PM
yes! about damn time. . . .

why didn't we just keep Colquitt to begin with? was I the only one surprised when they choose Kern over him on the preseason?

no, you weren't-- i was surprised, and a little disappointed. . . .

Dreadnought
12-30-2009, 02:10 PM
I think posters on all sides of all disputes on this board won't be sad to never see another Berger shank.

underrated29
12-30-2009, 02:51 PM
Shankopatamous.

topscribe
12-30-2009, 03:12 PM
What's a punter? :confused:

-----

underrated29
12-30-2009, 03:14 PM
What's a punter? :confused:

-----

its something we let go in like week 3, and now finally just signed a new one yesterday.

T.K.O.
12-30-2009, 03:23 PM
we still get to watch the shankenator......i guess we signed colquitt so we can dump berger after next week

Colquitt signs, but Berger keeps jobComment Email Print Share Associated Press

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Denver Broncos have signed rookie punter Britton Colquitt from Miami's practice squad, although coach Josh McDaniels said slumping veteran Mitch Berger will punt in the season finale Sunday against Kansas City.

Colquitt was originally signed by the Broncos as a college free agent out of Tennessee after the NFL draft in April. He was waived on the final roster cut-down after Brett Kern won the starting job.

Kern was jettisoned at midseason in favor of Berger, who started slowly, picked up steam and then regressed over the last two weeks, averaging 35.4 and 32.4 net yards in losses to Oakland and Philadelphia.

scott.475
12-30-2009, 04:00 PM
Seriously? Is this April Fools day? We signed a new punter to, presumably, punt, yet we are keeping the old one and allowing him to punt in the season finale? Someone please tell me this is a comedic dream I am having because if the same thing was happening with any other team I would be laughing my tail off. I really, really, really don't get this move, keeping Berger I mean. :confused:

Superchop 7
12-30-2009, 04:33 PM
Good for you Broncos !

But seriously.......I would let him play......in a "real" game.

He did very well in preseason, does that translate to an actual game ?

Good time to find out.

Dean
12-30-2009, 07:34 PM
Good for you Broncos !

But seriously.......I would let him play......in a "real" game.

He did very well in preseason, does that translate to an actual game ?

Good time to find out.

Berger made it necessary but playing a game you must win for any possibility at the play-offs is not a good time to find out.

frauschieze
12-30-2009, 07:50 PM
They pay a guy to be the long snapper.

Do NOT start this argument. You will not win.

slim
12-30-2009, 10:08 PM
Two punters in the bush beats a hand job.

GEM
12-31-2009, 12:41 AM
Hey if it works out, we just knocked out an offseason need.

getlynched47
12-31-2009, 12:44 AM
Well, it's obvious that we signed Britton Colquitt for next year. Berger will be a free agent, so apparently Colquitt will be our punter next season, or at least compete with whoever else we bring in.

gnomeflinger
12-31-2009, 01:39 AM
Give me Berger's job. It can't be that hard.

weazel
12-31-2009, 12:59 PM
yeah, but we arent cutting the berger because he is the holder for prater....Good news is he is not punting anymore....

Still i want us to draft ZOLTAN!!!!! see my sig for his beastliness.

isn't zoltan the machine that made Tom Hanks big?

Rick
12-31-2009, 05:35 PM
Berger had been solid, but he layed two eggs against Baltimore and the Eagles which is inexcusable. Hopefully Colquitt can punt us into the playoffs.

Id rather the offense actually play well enough to not need to punt at all...