PDA

View Full Version : 2010 opponents

Fan in Exile
12-30-2009, 10:03 AM
I saw online that we are playing the AFC south and the NFC west next year. So if you add in the second round teams from the AFC north and east that would be the Jets and the Ravens next year.

It's way too early to judge but that does look like an easier schedule than the Colts, Pats, AFC north and NFC east that we had this year.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-30-2009, 10:29 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/10551681

If this is accurate:

Home: Kansas City, Oakland, San Diego, Houston, Indianapolis, St. Louis, Seattle, AFC East

Away: Kansas City, Oakland, San Diego, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Arizona, San Francisco, AFC North

Fan in Exile
12-30-2009, 11:01 AM
Man you just can't win with Carol around. :)

broncofaninfla
12-30-2009, 11:38 AM

If this is accurate:

Home: Kansas City, Oakland, San Diego, Houston, Indianapolis, St. Louis, Seattle, AFC East

Away: Kansas City, Oakland, San Diego, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Arizona, San Francisco, AFC North

I hope this is accurate, I'll be able to catch two games in person if so!

weazel
12-30-2009, 11:52 AM
damn I hope that Jacksonville game is in late November, early December! I am in Florida at that time!

broncofaninfla
12-30-2009, 12:27 PM
damn I hope that Jacksonville game is in late November, early December! I am in Florida at that time!

Tickets should be available, the fan base for Jax sucks. I wouldn't be surprised if that teams moves soon.

underrated29
12-30-2009, 12:34 PM

If this is accurate:

I see 9 wins out of that schedule right now...not bad.

kc-2x
oak-2x
sd-1x
hou
stl
sea
sfo

right now we do not beat jax,ten,ari, or sweep san.

missingnumber7
12-30-2009, 01:37 PM

If this is accurate:

The AFC North is Baltimore unless Pitt makes the playoffs and Balt doesn't.

The AFC East is either the Jets or Phins, if jets lose and phins win we play the phins if they both lose its the jets, if the jets win its the jets.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-30-2009, 02:19 PM
Is it not unusual to play a team not in your division two years in a row - ie - Indianapolis?

topscribe
12-30-2009, 02:23 PM

If this is accurate:

Indy at home!! :elefant: :dance: :beer:

-----

topscribe
12-30-2009, 02:25 PM
If the Broncos shore up the OL and get in a DT/DE, I can see 13-3 or 12-4 out of that schedule . . .

-----

silkamilkamonico
12-30-2009, 02:34 PM
Is it not unusual to play a team not in your division two years in a row - ie - Indianapolis?

No, sometimes it happens every year. Indy and New England always winning their divsion, usually always play each other every year. Even last year both finishing 2nd, they've played each other every year for like 8 years now.

broncophan
12-30-2009, 02:37 PM
I see 9 wins out of that schedule right now...not bad.

kc-2x
oak-2x
sd-1x
hou
stl
sea
sfo

right now we do not beat jax,ten,ari, or sweep san.

We don't beat Oakland twice in one season anymore...:mad:

broncofaninfla
12-30-2009, 03:27 PM
We don't beat Oakland twice in one season anymore...:mad:

And it's going to get even tougher. They seemed to finally realize Russell isn't the qb of the future for them.

Shazam!
12-30-2009, 03:55 PM
Either way, if this lays out in a similar manner, this schedule seems much more favorable than this year's. Some of those teams may be improved though.

NightTrainLayne
12-30-2009, 04:17 PM
You'd think after the past few years fans would learn to quit looking at next years schedule and making predictions about it's relative ease or difficulty.

Last off-season all I heard was how terribly difficult this schedule would be, and that we'd be lucky to win 5 games.

The year before that, it was how easy our schedule appeared to be and how we were a lock for the playoffs.

Both predictions were, shall we say, off the mark? Every season I see these threads, and they're almost always wrong.

BroncoBJ
12-30-2009, 04:49 PM

If this is accurate:

Well I'm pretty sure that we'd play the Cards at home next year and the Seahawks on the road. Instead of what they have.

So that must be a typo. :fight: Since we played the Hawks at home last and the Cards on the road last.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-30-2009, 05:00 PM
You'd think after the past few years fans would learn to quit looking at next years schedule and making predictions about it's relative ease or difficulty.

Last off-season all I heard was how terribly difficult this schedule would be, and that we'd be lucky to win 5 games.

The year before that, it was how easy our schedule appeared to be and how we were a lock for the playoffs.

Both predictions were, shall we say, off the mark? Every season I see these threads, and they're almost always wrong.

One thing - you mention that this year's schedule was difficult - and It DEFINITELY was difficult - one which many members not only mentioned, but also USED against the Broncos - mainly Coach McDaniels before the season started - i.e. - for some 2, 3, 4 wins at the most, and even though, WITH the difficult schedule, - rather than giving the Coach credit for either finishing 9-7, or 8-8 in his first year, with a very difficult schedule, he is getting slammed.

SmilinAssasSin27
12-30-2009, 06:27 PM
This schedule is an 8 year rotation. The 8th year just played out. Barring re-alignemnet, expansion and expanded scheduling, the rotation is expected to continue in the order it was intended. It was meant to ensure that every NFL team hosts and travels to every other teams stadium w/in an 8 year span.

Shazam!
12-30-2009, 06:42 PM
I hear ya NTL and you are right. But compared to this Season it appears much more favorable. I think that's a big reason the Thread is here.

JDL
12-30-2009, 06:43 PM

If this is accurate:

Looks good to me... I know we'll get stuck going to Jacksonville in freaking September again in the muggy heat... but otherwise, only 2 east coast teams... FLA/BAL(or PITT)

NFC West is a mess and AFC West is hopefully still a mess. There's always tough games and you don't know how good or bad a team really is until that season, but other than Indy there isn't one team that is just flat out scary... and I actually think we can beat Indy if we improve our front 4 and keep our secondary in tact. (Also do lot's of other things on O) But, I think we can be competitive.

JDL
12-30-2009, 06:46 PM
One thing - you mention that this year's schedule was difficult - and It DEFINITELY was difficult - one which many members not only mentioned, but also USED against the Broncos - mainly Coach McDaniels before the season started - i.e. - for some 2, 3, 4 wins at the most, and even though, WITH the difficult schedule, - rather than giving the Coach credit for either finishing 9-7, or 8-8 in his first year, with a very difficult schedule, he is getting slammed.

He's getting slammed for losing to teams like Washington and Oakland and dropping TWO division home games... those are generally inexcusable in ANY year. He'd have been ok honestly had he just sealed the deal with that Oakland game... but the schedule had nothing to do with us losing a game we SHOULD win at home late in the season with playoff implications... YET AGAIN. Just as a point of clarification.

broncophan
12-30-2009, 06:48 PM

ahh.....it's part of being a fan ..to look ahead and try to figure out how you think your team will do.......with a young kid Cutler at qb and a bad defense.....I never remember thinking we were a lock for the playoffs though.
And yes.....I thought we would win 4 or 5 games this season......still....it is fun to look ahead.....doesn't matter how wrong many of us are...

T.K.O.
12-30-2009, 06:54 PM
i,m pretty sure we play cincy in the playoffs before that schedule happens:D

Denver Native (Carol)
12-30-2009, 07:20 PM
He's getting slammed for losing to teams like Washington and Oakland and dropping TWO division home games... those are generally inexcusable in ANY year. He'd have been ok honestly had he just sealed the deal with that Oakland game... but the schedule had nothing to do with us losing a game we SHOULD win at home late in the season with playoff implications... YET AGAIN. Just as a point of clarification.

Then he should get praise for wins against NE, SD there, Dallas, NY Giants - teams many thought we would not beat. Works both ways. I still say that with all the changes, the very DIFFICULT schedule, he has done quite well his first year.

OrangeHoof
12-30-2009, 11:39 PM
This schedule is an 8 year rotation. The 8th year just played out. Barring re-alignemnet, expansion and expanded scheduling, the rotation is expected to continue in the order it was intended. It was meant to ensure that every NFL team hosts and travels to every other teams stadium w/in an 8 year span.

Which is why I like it and why it alarms me everytime I hear talk of expanding the schedule or adding more teams. If they want to tweak the divisions at some point, I'm okay with that, but I absolutely love knowing that when the season is done, I know exactly who is playing who the next year and why. Transparency is a good thing.

CrazyHorse
12-31-2009, 05:12 AM
i,m pretty sure we play cincy in the playoffs before that schedule happens:D

I hope you're right.
I think we make the playoffs next year too.

sneakers
12-31-2009, 06:04 AM
I want more cupcakes on that schedule!

Nomad
12-31-2009, 07:29 AM
I want more cupcakes on that schedule!

They won't schedule DII schools!!:D

Lonestar
12-31-2009, 10:27 AM
Dreaming that we beat kc and oak twice is nice, but noy gonna happen.

Oak has a bunch of talent that is just waiting to explode now they have finnaly ditched the slug they are going to be a force to be reckoned with.

As for KC and SFO both are turning things around and SEA also has loads of talent and IIRC two firsts in the draft.

I was one thinking 4-5 wins this year considering the brutal schedule, the almost total roster/coaching change and a total scheme change.
But they played lights out for 6 games and caught a lot of teams napping. Our team IMHO got big heads after reading their press clipings and things spiraled down.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel.

CrazyHorse
01-01-2010, 08:45 PM
They won't schedule DII schools!!:D

DIII or Highschool would be fine with me.