PDA

View Full Version : Branden Albert

Scarface
02-16-2008, 08:06 PM
You guys have to watch this breakdown on Branden Albert from Mike Mayock. He has him ranked as his #20th prospect but says after studying more film on him will have to move him into his Top 10. This guy is super athletic and puts people on their azz.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d806b5815

http://media.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2005/09/28/PH2005092802429.jpg

dogfish
02-16-2008, 10:02 PM
looks pretty beastly. . . .

Scarface
02-17-2008, 12:50 AM
looks pretty beastly. . . .

Yeah, he's definitely moved towards the top of my wish list.

shank
02-17-2008, 01:00 AM
Yeah, he's definitely moved towards the top of my wish list.

you wanna get him and move him to LT?

he did look like a badass, putting all those guys on their backs, but i don't know if i like spending the 12 (if mayock's prediction comes true) on someone who will have to learn a new position...

Scarface
02-17-2008, 01:02 AM
you wanna get him and move him to LT?

he did look like a badass, putting all those guys on their backs, but i don't know if i like spending the 12 (if mayock's prediction comes true) on someone who will have to learn a new position...

I don't know about 12. We can always trade down. But who knows, after the combine this guy might be a fast riser.

SoCalBronco
02-17-2008, 01:04 AM
Dude can move VERY well. We'll see how this shakes down. Maybe Folks start listing Albert as a Tackle?

Scarface
02-17-2008, 01:08 AM
http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics18/300/AH/AHMBRVIMRIVQKMY.20070816040731.jpg http://www.cavalierdaily.com/.Archives/2005/09/28/sp-fball-nt.gif

"Tackle might be my natural position," said Albert, who was a strong basketball player before turning to football.

http://hamptonroads.com/2007/12/branden-albert-has-big-decision:-stay-u.va.-or-turn-pro

shank
02-17-2008, 01:39 PM
I don't know about 12. We can always trade down. But who knows, after the combine this guy might be a fast riser.

i'm not saying mayock is god, but if he's gonna have him in his top 10 prospects, then i'm sure others will have him at least in the 1st.. we'll see what the combine does for his stock.

i wish mayock would have actually compared him to the top tackle prospects as far as skillsets.

BOSSHOGG30
02-17-2008, 02:32 PM
He is the top rated Guard in the entire draft. He will go in the 1st round.

Requiem / The Dagda
02-17-2008, 02:54 PM
I like him as a mauling guard, not a tackle. Probably as good as a prospect as Devin Joseph coming out of Oklahoma.

mclark
02-17-2008, 04:23 PM
Good find, Scar. What I read about him is he is an OG/OT. If Clady goes early, this guy might emerge for us.

dogfish
02-17-2008, 04:39 PM
I like him as a mauling guard, not a tackle. Probably as good as a prospect as Devin Joseph coming out of Oklahoma.

charles spencer may also be a comparison. . . . huge, tough, and immensely talented, and a bit of a late-comer to football who had barely scratched the surface of his potential at the time of the draft. . . played both guard and tackle in college. . . IIRC, most draft resources had spencer playing inside in the pros, but he started from day one at LT, and was doing a damn good job for a rookie before he got hurt and derailed his career. . .

Scarface
02-17-2008, 05:51 PM
Good find, Scar. What I read about him is he is an OG/OT. If Clady goes early, this guy might emerge for us.

There's more money at LT so if I were him that's where I'd try and play.

shank
02-17-2008, 06:05 PM
i see otah high on a lot of boards.

does no one see him as an option for us because of his size (and therefore mobility)?

BOSSHOGG30
02-17-2008, 06:06 PM
I felt that Cherilus was one of the better tackles at the senior bowl. I really like this short article on him written by Sportingnews

Cherilus will be missed for many reasons, but his physical absence from next year's Eagles line is huge in itself: Cherilus is planet-big at 6-7, 319 pounds. (Say the name out loud, and you'll see that even his name sounds elephantine, like the genus species of a huge, newly discovered animal species.)

Cherilus changed positions from right tackle to left tackle this year, a new position for him, and even with the switch made second-team All-ACC and was a mauler once he adjusted. Not making first-team will make a big man weep, but drying his tears with fistfuls of NFL signing-bonus dollars should console him adequately.

shank
02-17-2008, 06:12 PM
in those nfl.com videos, it also mentioned that cherilus has really long arms, which is always a good thing.

where is concensus on cherilus', chris willams', and sam baker's likely draft positions?

Scarface
02-17-2008, 06:21 PM
I liked seeing Cherilus get mean and nasty in the drills at the Senior Bowl. This is the draft to get a Tackle, fellas. Trade back, get more picks, and still get a tackle.

shank
02-17-2008, 06:23 PM
I liked seeing Cherilus get mean and nasty in the drills at the Senior Bowl. This is the draft to get a Tackle, fellas. Trade back, get more picks, and still get a tackle.

did you see chris williams get into it with red bryant (i believe)? if we want a guy who can throw punches, then bryant is our guy, he landed like 4 or something on williams... (although that shows that he has the intelligence to throw punches at a guy who's wearing a helmet and visor...)

BOSSHOGG30
02-17-2008, 06:36 PM
i see otah high on a lot of boards.

does no one see him as an option for us because of his size (and therefore mobility)?

He is awesome! He is a mauler type player. He may struggle with speed rushers, but I wouldn't be upset if we took him... problem is he isn't worth a top 12 pick... we would or should trade back if that was a guy we were targeting. Problem with trading back this year is no one wants to trade up to the top 12 because there isn't anyone there worth trading up for.

BOSSHOGG30
02-17-2008, 06:47 PM
It would be nice if we could trade back to about 15 and get another draft pick and then select Branden Albert and Gosder Cherilus with our first two picks.

Albert, Harris, Cherilus, Pears, Kuper, Myers would be a nice O-line to add on with Nalen and Hamilton.

shank
02-17-2008, 07:18 PM
He is awesome! He is a mauler type player. He may struggle with speed rushers, but I wouldn't be upset if we took him... problem is he isn't worth a top 12 pick... we would or should trade back if that was a guy we were targeting. Problem with trading back this year is no one wants to trade up to the top 12 because there isn't anyone there worth trading up for.

interesting, i just haven't seen his name mentioned on the boards much at all. some of the things i've seen have him ranked after or shortly after clady, so i figured he just didn't fit our zbs..

if dorsey or ellis don't take a dive, then i'm really hoping a qb or mcfadden do so we can find a trading partner... the more i look at the draft the more i think that would be the best scenario.:salute:

anyway, i'll definitley keep my eye on albert at the combine... man i need to upgrade to DVR...

Scarface
02-17-2008, 07:32 PM
interesting, i just haven't seen his name mentioned on the boards much at all. some of the things i've seen have him ranked after or shortly after clady, so i figured he just didn't fit our zbs..

if dorsey or ellis don't take a dive, then i'm really hoping a qb or mcfadden do so we can find a trading partner... the more i look at the draft the more i think that would be the best scenario.:salute:

anyway, i'll definitley keep my eye on albert at the combine... man i need to upgrade to DVR...

I hope McFadden starts falling. Then Dallas will come calling with their two #1's.

shank
02-17-2008, 07:38 PM
I hope McFadden starts falling. Then Dallas will come calling with their two #1's.

do you think mcfadden not running at the combine has a better chance of helping or hurting his draft stock? i'm hoping hurt:D

Scarface
02-17-2008, 07:39 PM
do you think mcfadden not running at the combine has a better chance of helping or hurting his draft stock? i'm hoping hurt:D

Neither since he'll run at his pro day. I wish they were all required to run at the combine though.

shank
02-17-2008, 07:43 PM
Neither since he'll run at his pro day. I wish they were all required to run at the combine though.

yeah, the level playing field makes comparisons a lot easier... no way dmac runs over a 4.4 at his house.

Requiem / The Dagda
02-17-2008, 07:43 PM
I like Gosder as a late first round option but only as a right tackle. I really like him though; and I'd feel comfortable with Harris as a LT and Gosder owning on the right.

WARHORSE
02-18-2008, 09:01 AM
Saw this on NFL Network the other day and was very impressed as well.

If we went OT in Clady and then OG in the draft with this guy, our line would be ........dare I say it.........KCity tough? Even beyond that. (years past that is, not the frail tortoise looking line they have now) Kansas Citys line when Roaf was there pretty much made them who they were. With the ZBS we run, we would be down right SCARY.

I think our offense in the redzone would go nuclear with a line like that. We just line up and run the ball.......TD.

Trade down in the first, up in the second. Almost would have to say take Branden first because we would definitely get an OT in the second. Not to mention the fact that Branden just may be able to play the OT position as well..............talk about a pick that could hit the jackpot with us.

Scarface
02-18-2008, 09:10 AM
Saw this on NFL Network the other day and was very impressed as well.

If we went OT in Clady and then OG in the draft with this guy, our line would be ........dare I say it.........KCity tough? Even beyond that. (years past that is, not the frail tortoise looking line they have now) Kansas Citys line when Roaf was there pretty much made them who they were. With the ZBS we run, we would be down right SCARY.

I think our offense in the redzone would go nuclear with a line like that. We just line up and run the ball.......TD.

Trade down in the first, up in the second. Almost would have to say take Branden first because we would definitely get an OT in the second. Not to mention the fact that Branden just may be able to play the OT position as well..............talk about a pick that could hit the jackpot with us.

That would be cool and all but we'll have to hope Clady falls to us at 12. There's no way we can trade down and still get him. There are too many teams that could use a LT.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-18-2008, 09:45 AM
The more OL that climb the board the better. As much as I want defense first, someone will have to drop to make room for all the guys on the rise. I see either Cherilus or Otah as the ones to slip. I dunno if Otah makes it to us in round 2, but I wouldn't be mad if he did.

Scarface
02-18-2008, 10:00 AM
Can't forget about another good option, Chris Williams.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff302/ScarfaceBroncos2007/NFL%20Draft%2008/williams372475inside1.jpg

MOtorboat
02-18-2008, 10:31 AM
My question is, since I don't see a lot of ACC football here in Big 12 country, what was holding him back from being the starting LT...Mayock seemed pretty confident he could be a LT, and he's got the size to do it, but who/what was holding him back from being one at Virginia?

BOSSHOGG30
02-18-2008, 10:46 AM
My question is, since I don't see a lot of ACC football here in Big 12 country, what was holding him back from being the starting LT...Mayock seemed pretty confident he could be a LT, and he's got the size to do it, but who/what was holding him back from being one at Virginia?

From the games I saw this year he played LT. I know he played their in 2006. If you youtube any games on Virginia it is hard to find clips of him playing, but most of the clips you can see him in he is playing LT.

MOtorboat
02-18-2008, 10:53 AM
From the games I saw this year he played LT. I know he played their in 2006. If you youtube any games on Virginia it is hard to find clips of him playing, but most of the clips you can see him in he is playing LT.

Mayock said two games this year...I guess I'm just curious why Mayock thinks he's a LT, but he clearly wasn't the starter at LT at Virginia...why?

mclark
02-18-2008, 11:56 AM
You guys have to watch this breakdown on Branden Albert from Mike Mayock. He has him ranked as his #20th prospect but says after studying more film on him will have to move him into his Top 10. This guy is super athletic and puts people on their azz.

http://media.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2005/09/28/PH2005092802429.jpg

I finally got a chance to look at the video. Guy looks pretty amazing. Be nice if we could trade back in the first and get both Chris Williams/Cherilous and Branden Albert.

SoCalBronco
02-18-2008, 12:07 PM
Mayock said two games this year...I guess I'm just curious why Mayock thinks he's a LT, but he clearly wasn't the starter at LT at Virginia...why?

Just a guess.
A few of those highlights featured Albert pulling and blocking (with ease) his man in the rungame.
He looked like an absolute PRO doing it too.
Maybe this is something He's so good at that the coaches at Virginia callhis # for this pupose.
The RB gets the carry but the play is called for Albert (blocking the stuffin out of some dude).

This only makes sense if the guy starting at LT is at least passable on an NCAA div 1 team.

Just an idea.

MOtorboat
02-18-2008, 12:14 PM
Just a guess.
A few of those highlights featured Albert pulling and blocking (with ease) his man in the rungame.
He looked like an absolute PRO doing it too.
Maybe this is something He's so good at that the coaches at Virginia callhis # for this pupose.
The RB gets the carry but the play is called for Albert (blocking the shite out of some dude).

This only makes sense if the guy starting at LT is at least passable on an NCAA div 1 team.

Just an idea.

Yeah, I figure it's probably his mobility that he was placed at guard...clearly Virginia liked to pull him, and that was the style of running game they used, so he may have been best suited in that offense at that position.

My point has always been with this draft is that we need a LT. IMO, we don't need another guard or borderline tackle/guard player. We need a left tackle.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-18-2008, 12:30 PM
I think we need 3-5 defensive players before we even look at the offense. W/ Nalen and hamilton returning, we have more flexibility along the OLine. Harris appears to be Shanny's boy, but we'll have to wait and see. WR is solid, RB has depth. TE is great. Our dline, LBs and Saefties are all a problem.

Scarface
02-18-2008, 12:31 PM

Virginia has a guy named Eugene Monroe that plays LT and is supposedly pretty good himself. As far as I know Albert came into the program as a Guard and has developed into the beast we see now.

turftoad
02-18-2008, 12:58 PM
I think we need 3-5 defensive players before we even look at the offense. W/ Nalen and hamilton returning, we have more flexibility along the OLine. Harris appears to be Shanny's boy, but we'll have to wait and see. WR is solid, RB has depth. TE is great. Our dline, LBs and Saefties are all a problem.

WR is not solid even with Walker. I read that the Broncos will keep an eye on the amount of snaps Stokley gets because his knee was flairing up down the strech and because of his age. We need help there, especially if Walker is gone.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-18-2008, 01:17 PM
WR is not solid even with Walker. I read that the Broncos will keep an eye on the amount of snaps Stokley gets because his knee was flairing up down the strech and because of his age. We need help there, especially if Walker is gone.

??? Not solid w/ Walker? We have both Brandon's and 2 TEs who can catch as well. Add Walker to that and our passing game is top 5 in the league. Now overall depth may not be stellar, but it is solid at the very least.

Scarface
02-18-2008, 01:33 PM
Yeah but will Walker be healthy?

SmilinAssasSin27
02-18-2008, 01:41 PM
Reagardless, the O did fine w/o him this year. Our OL gets healthier and the O will be fine overall. The D is completely a different story.

WARHORSE
02-18-2008, 02:02 PM
Branden playing at guard vs tackle can be easily justified when you see how much pulling they did, and what he did while pulling. You dont see guards pulling and planting player after player on their butts like that every day. It would simply be a matter of what is the best combo of skill sets/positions for what their offense is trying to accomplish. Looking at what Branden does in the run game........wow. The only thing I would want to look at before pulling the trigger on him would be his mental capacity. Olinemen have to be intelligent, especially for us.

I have a nickname for him already though: RHINO

I agree that the way it looks now, Clady might not be there for us at 12. But according to Mayock, he thinks theres not much of a drop in talent from one to six with the LT prospects coming out. If we traded down in the first a little ways and took Branden, then traded up in the second to get an OT, then we would have some real meat on the Oline.

I wouldnt mind doing that at all.

Sign Williams from Gbay for DT, and spend the rest of the draft on LB, S, RB.

turftoad
02-18-2008, 02:06 PM
??? Not solid w/ Walker? We have both Brandon's and 2 TEs who can catch as well. Add Walker to that and our passing game is top 5 in the league. Now overall depth may not be stellar, but it is solid at the very least.

You said WR not the whole recieving corps.

If Walker stays and can stay healthy we'll be fine. Stokley is no more than a third/slot guy. He has bad knees and is no spring chicken anymore. There is nothing much after that. Now, if Walker leaves what do you got. Marshall and Stokley as 1 and 2. What after that? Nothing. If Walker leaves we need to bring in a FA and draft someone. Rookie WR's usually don't contribute thier first couple of years so a FA is a must.

Scarface
02-18-2008, 02:11 PM
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff302/ScarfaceBroncos2007/NFL%20Draft%2008/LT/Branden-Albert-gallery_gallery_600.jpg

Scarface
03-27-2008, 09:55 PM
Tonight on Total Access Charles Davis said Albert will make an easy transition to LT and expects him to have a long career there.

Charlie Casserly, who knows a thing or two about the draft and especially lineman, said he sees him playing LT as well. He also said he'll be gone between 10-20 but don't be surprised to see him go Top 10 to a team that needs a LT.

Casserly also said Mike Pollack was a Denver Broncos type lineman which reaffirmed my thoughts about the kid.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff302/ScarfaceBroncos2007/NFL%20Draft%2008/LT/brandonalbert.jpg

Scarface
03-27-2008, 09:59 PM
Oh yeah, Casserly also mentioned anytime he brings up Albert to other GMs they all kind of whisper about him like they're trying to keep his name quiet.

TXBRONC
03-27-2008, 10:00 PM
Tonight on Total Access Charles Davis said Albert will make an easy transition to LT and expects him to have a long career there.

Charlie Casserly, who knows a thing or two about the draft and especially lineman, said he sees him playing LT as well. He also said he'll be gone between 10-20 but don't be surprised to see him go Top 10 to a team that needs a LT.

Casserly also said Mike Pollack was a Denver Broncos type lineman which reaffirmed my thoughts about the kid.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff302/ScarfaceBroncos2007/NFL%20Draft%2008/LT/brandonalbert.jpg

I saw this report tonight on NFL Network as well and to tell you the truth I have wondered about drafting someone like him.

shank
03-27-2008, 10:29 PM
if we took him at 12, i might be a little shocked, but don't think i would be at all upset. if he makes a transition to T like many think he can, then it would be a great pick. if he can't make the transition, he looks like he can be a pro bowler at guard, so his versatility makes him valuable. he's a beast.

TXBRONC
03-27-2008, 10:38 PM
if we took him at 12, i might be a little shocked, but don't think i would be at all upset. if he makes a transition to T like many think he can, then it would be a great pick. if he can't make the transition, he looks like he can be a pro bowler at guard, so his versatility makes him valuable. he's a beast.

He would be one heck of a road grater wouldn't he?

Scarface
03-27-2008, 10:52 PM
I want to see him face plant Merriman like this.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff302/ScarfaceBroncos2007/NFL%20Draft%2008/LT/HOJYKUZCNJMHFSL20071029225325.jpg

TXBRONC
03-27-2008, 10:56 PM
I want to see him face plant Merriman like this.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff302/ScarfaceBroncos2007/NFL%20Draft%2008/LT/HOJYKUZCNJMHFSL20071029225325.jpg

If he were to become a Bronco I would like see him plant Olshansky like that.

Scarface
03-27-2008, 10:57 PM
Can we play him a snap on defense so he can plant Phillip Rivers smug piehole into the ground?

TXBRONC
03-27-2008, 11:02 PM
Can we play him a snap on defense so he can plant Phillip Rivers smug piehole into the ground?

That works for me. :beer:

mclark
03-29-2008, 03:09 PM
Clady, Chris Williams, or Branden Albert? I must say, I'm leaning toward Albert. #12 might be a bit early...but it really doesn't matter if he's the guy we want.I like the 'nasty with a killer instinct' description.

Branden Albert
Height: 6-55/8 | Weight: 309 | 40-Time: 5.17

Official Bio

Strengths:
Excellent size with a big frame and long arms...Fantastic athlete...Good quickness and agility...Strong and physical...Is nasty with a killer instinct...Mobile with decent range to pull and get to the second level...Smart with good awareness...Excellent pass blocker and also gets a decent push in the run game...Real versatile..Leader with great intangibles...Tough and durable..Still improving and has a lot of upside.

Weaknesses:
Still has some work to do in the technique department...Can be inconsistent with his leverage...Motor runs hot and cold at times..Not a dominant run blocker...Has to work on holding his blocks and finishing....He is still relatively new to the game.

Notes:
Did not begin playing football until his junior year of high school in 2002..Was also a standout basketball player as a prep...Stepped in as a true freshman and was a three-year starter for the Cavs ( 36 games )...Named a team captain as a junior in 2007...He started a couple of games at left tackle as a junior in place of an injured Eugene Monroe and could possibly play outside at the pro level as well...First-rate talent with exceptional physical tools....Already a great all-around player however his best days are still ahead...The rare offensive guard who is a legit first rounder.

BOSSHOGG30
03-29-2008, 03:25 PM
As long as it isn't Clady, I will be happy. Albert has tremendous potential. Give me Williams, Otah, or Albert... Leave Clady for someone else.

dogfish
03-29-2008, 04:02 PM
Clady, Chris Williams, or Branden Albert? I must say, I'm leaning toward Albert. #12 might be a bit early...but it really doesn't matter if he's the guy we want.I like the 'nasty with a killer instinct' description.

i'm starting to feel the same way-- i've been saying for years now that we need to get tougher and nastier in the trenches, and it looks like albert might have more of that attitude than clady or williams. . . . that scouting report says he needs to "work on finishing his blocks," but in the video in the OP, and all the pics that scar has posted, it looks like he's consistently driving guys into the ground-- i call that finishing a block! line this guy up next to kupes and we just might have a legitimate left side again. . .

dogfish
03-29-2008, 04:03 PM
As long as it isn't Clady, I will be happy. Albert has tremendous potential. Give me Williams, Otah, or Albert... Leave Clady for someone else.

boss, will you please stop sugar-coating it and just tell us how you really feel about clady?

:lol:

TXBRONC
03-29-2008, 04:13 PM
i'm starting to feel the same way-- i've been saying for years now that we need to get tougher and nastier in the trenches, and it looks like albert might have more of that attitude than clady or williams. . . . that scouting report says he needs to "work on finishing his blocks," but in the video in the OP, and all the pics that scar has posted, it looks like he's consistently driving guys into the ground-- i call that finishing a block! line this guy up next to kupes and we just might have a legitimate left side again. . .

I like the sound of putting Kuper and Albert together on the left side.

Scarface
03-29-2008, 05:19 PM

I don't know. Mayock now has Albert ranked as his 7th highest prospect. Casserly said don't be surprised if he's drafted in the Top 10 as a LT. He's shooting up the charts. With the 12th pick in the NFL Draft the Denver Broncos select Branden Albert has a nice ring to it.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff302/ScarfaceBroncos2007/NFL%20Draft%2008/LT/78479628-1.jpg

TXBRONC
03-29-2008, 06:57 PM
I don't know. Mayock now has Albert ranked as his 7th highest prospect. Casserly said don't be surprised if he's drafted in the Top 10 as a LT. He's shooting up the charts. With the 12th pick in the NFL Draft the Denver Broncos select Branden Albert has a nice ring to it.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff302/ScarfaceBroncos2007/NFL%20Draft%2008/LT/78479628-1.jpg

There are several that do and that's one of them.

Scarface
03-30-2008, 11:05 AM
Branden Albert Highlights....doesn't really focus on him much but whatta ya going to do?:

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/media_library/Videos/NFL_Draft_and_Combine/Highlight_Videos/OL/OL_Branden_Albert_Highlight_-_3-24-08.aspx

FJC_77
03-30-2008, 11:09 AM
From the Falcons site that Scar found the vid:

D’Brickashaw Ferguson was there my first year and the coaching staff felt like they had to find somewhere on the field for me," Albert said. "I played the left guard spot that year and they kept me there since then. I’d say my primary position is guard (but) I am also comfortable at tackle. Wherever a team wants to draft me, either position, I feel comfortable playing

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/News/Articles/2008/03/21-30/Albert_hopes_to_continue_swift_development.aspx

Scarface
03-30-2008, 11:11 AM
I'm going to be so pissed if we draft someone like Desean Jackson when there are all of these stud lineman available. So what if we drafted Ryan Harris. Lets add a stud to the mix and cement this O-Line for years to come! This is the draft to get Cutler's bodyguard....and a dude to live in his basement.

MOtorboat
03-30-2008, 11:57 AM
So what if we drafted Ryan Harris.

Exactly.

You can have all the receivers in the world and still suck. Ask Arizona.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-30-2008, 01:03 PM
I must say that I did not watch Albert, or even much of Virgina all this year -- so this guys epic jump up the boards is really interesting for me to watch. It seems like he's a better guard prospect than Joseph was a few years back when the Buccaneers got him, so that already makes him a first rounder, but this top ten talk is really sort of surprising.

I'm not saying he's not that good -- but maybe there is a method to this madness.

If anyone has any Virginia games on DVD and could send them my way, I'd gladly pay. It'd be nice to see what everyone's so excited about!

Scarface
03-30-2008, 01:09 PM
I must say that I did not watch Albert, or even much of Virgina all this year -- so this guys epic jump up the boards is really interesting for me to watch. It seems like he's a better guard prospect than Joseph was a few years back when the Buccaneers got him, so that already makes him a first rounder, but this top ten talk is really sort of surprising.

I'm not saying he's not that good -- but maybe there is a method to this madness.

If anyone has any Virginia games on DVD and could send them my way, I'd gladly pay. It'd be nice to see what everyone's so excited about!

These aren't quite game tapes but worth a watch if you haven't seen them:

Here is where Mayock first brought him up:

And this is his First Draft segment:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80770cf7

Requiem / The Dagda
03-30-2008, 01:17 PM
Thanks a bunch! :beer:

Traveler
03-30-2008, 02:56 PM
Albert looks much more suited for LT or LG. Anyone know if Ryan Harris has any experience at RT? Are his talents better suited for power rushers, speed rushers or both?

Whomever Denver selects on the OL, I won't quarrel much. We have to solidify the long term protection for Cutler .

An OL consisting of the following wouldn't bother me at all:

LT- Branden Albert
LG- Chris Kuper
C- Ben Hamilton
RG- Montrae Holland
RT- Ryan Harris (if he is better suited for this position).

shank
03-30-2008, 03:04 PM
Albert looks much more suited for LT or LG. Anyone know if Ryan Harris has any experience at RT? Are his talents better suited for power rushers, speed rushers or both?

Whomever Denver selects on the OL, I won't quarrel much. We have to solidify the long term protection for Cutler .

An OL consisting of the following wouldn't bother me at all:

LT- Branden Albert
LG- Chris Kuper
C- Ben Hamilton
RG- Montrae Holland
RT- Ryan Harris (if he is better suited for this position).

harris isn't suited for RT as he is more of a finesse LT. i'd say that one of harris' downsides is his lack of versatility. from what i've heard others say, harris is a LT and nothing else. if we took albert however, he could probably play any line position apart from center.

TXBRONC
03-30-2008, 03:52 PM
I'm going to be so pissed if we draft someone like Desean Jackson when there are all of these stud lineman available. So what if we drafted Ryan Harris. Lets add a stud to the mix and cement this O-Line for years to come! This is the draft to get Cutler's bodyguard....and a dude to live in his basement.

I really don't see Shanahan taking a wide receiver early in this draft. A rookie wide receiver isn't going to do much in the way helping his offense score points this season. If he's looking for an instant impact on scoring the only position could potentially do that is a running back.

That being said if he's going to invest in player that more than likely wont have huge impact on the offense this season, the best way to go is offensive line.

Scarface
03-30-2008, 04:10 PM
harris isn't suited for RT as he is more of a finesse LT. i'd say that one of harris' downsides is his lack of versatility. from what i've heard others say, harris is a LT and nothing else. if we took albert however, he could probably play any line position apart from center.

When Harris was coming out there were people who thought he was capable of playing Guard in the pros. As far as not being physical we haven't exactly had maulers at RT so it should be par for the course if he ends up there.

WARHORSE
03-30-2008, 05:54 PM
I like Brandon Albert, and even though I think we can get a good OT after round 1, I'll never grumble if we draft the trenches, no matter which side of the ball its on.............that is, as long as the picks pan out.

If we draft Albert, I'd be very happy with that, even at 12. I agree with him that he reminds me of Walter Jones, and this kid at LT in Denver would be........NUTS. Hes more pro ready than Clady Id have to say, and I didnt know that it was D'Brickashaw that started over him at the LT at Virginia.

He gets downfield better than Matt Lepsis.............with more power and punch.

And he easily has shown the ability to mirror Dinemen on the upper echelon of players.

I wouldnt mind him at all.

TXBRONC
03-30-2008, 06:55 PM
I like Brandon Albert, and even though I think we can get a good OT after round 1, I'll never grumble if we draft the trenches, no matter which side of the ball its on.............that is, as long as the picks pan out.

If we draft Albert, I'd be very happy with that, even at 12. I agree with him that he reminds me of Walter Jones, and this kid at LT in Denver would be........NUTS. Hes more pro ready than Clady Id have to say, and I didnt know that it was D'Brickashaw that started over him at the LT at Virginia.

He gets downfield better than Matt Lepsis.............with more power and punch.

And he easily has shown the ability to mirror Dinemen on the upper echelon of players.

I wouldnt mind him at all.

He looks like he would be a solid pick.

BOSSHOGG30
03-30-2008, 07:05 PM
I still have hopes that we can get Michael Oher next year.

TXBRONC
03-30-2008, 07:18 PM
I still have hopes that we can get Michael Oher next year.

Eugene Monroe is guy we might want to keep tabs on.

Lonestar
03-30-2008, 07:22 PM
Am I the only one there that thinks drafting a OG to play OLT in round one is semi nuts..

more of mikeys let sign a clown and make him into a world class trumpet player..

IMO you draft a solid OLT that has played the position for YEARS not a few weeks..

he he the same thing with delta O, a great athlete that had only played the position for a little over a year. A sensational talent but a head case..

Could not leave the last play on the field whether it was Good or bad he could not forget it and we paid the price time and again with the next play being a bad one. Had he played for 4 years in college we would have known this.. But we did not and it took a few years before mikey tried to salvage his talent and make him a WR.

Yes mikey has taken talent and converted them to play other positions, some worked some did not..

He is talented no doubt, but right now we really do not need another OG like we do a at least ONE OT.
Do not try and make a silk purse out of a sows ear..

I'd rather not risk the career of Jay for an experiment.. mikey trying another OJT deal.

TXBRONC
03-30-2008, 07:27 PM
Am I the only one there that thinks drafting a OG to play OLT in round one is semi nuts..

more of mikeys let sign a clown and make him into a world class trumpet player..

IMO you draft a solid OLT that has played the position for YEARS not a few weeks..

he he the same thing with delta O, a great athlete that had only played the position for a little over a year. A sensational talent but a head case..

Could not leave the last play on the field whether it was Good or bad he could not forget it and we paid the price time and again with the next play being a bad one. Had he played for 4 years in college we would have known this.. But we did not and it took a few years before mikey tried to salvage his talent and make him a WR.

Yes mikey has taken talent and converted them to play other positions, some worked some did not..

He is talented no doubt, but right now we really do not need another OG like we do a at least ONE OT.

I'd rather not risk the career of Jay for an experiment.. mikey trying another OJT deal.

With no disrespect intented yeah you probably are the only one. Charlie Casserly says this kid can play left tackle in the pros.

BOSSHOGG30
03-30-2008, 07:27 PM

It isn't any different than drafting a DE to play LB or a CB to play S. Albert has some LT experience. Albert projects as a very good offensive lineman who can play any position on the line. It is always good to take versatile players.

Scarface
03-30-2008, 07:34 PM

If you're not the only one you're one of the few.

TXBRONC
03-30-2008, 07:36 PM
It isn't any different than drafting a DE to play LB or a CB to play S. Albert has some LT experience. Albert projects as a very good offensive lineman who can play any position on the line. It is always good to take versatile players.

Exactly. Shawn Merriman was a defenisve end in college and now he plays linebacker.

dogfish
03-30-2008, 07:45 PM

JR, i love ya man, but you throw that word clown around too much-- this kid isn't a clown, he's a frickin' mauler! a big athletic grinder who puts guys on their ass. . . i can't believe you complain all the time about how we aren't physical enough blocking in the run game, and then you spit on a guy who is EXACTLY the type of player you've been wanting. . .

you know i'm mostly in agreement with you when it comes to shanahan's drafting, but don't judge the pick before it's even been made. . . . :lol:

few years back, dallas spent the #11 pick on a small school DE to play outside linebacker-- he's now one of the top impact defenders in the league. . . and that's a more dramatic switch than OG to OT. . .

Lonestar
03-30-2008, 07:46 PM

Hey I agree but you do so when your looking at BPA not when your in desperate need of a REAL OLT..

If we were coming off a SB win loaded with talent all over the field sure you do.. But this OLINE sucks as we speak..

Anyone in their right mind drafts the most experienced OLT they can find..

Now is not the time IMO to experiment and try to be sneaky..

BOSSHOGG30
03-30-2008, 07:51 PM
Hey I agree but you do so when your looking at BPA not when your in desperate need of a REAL OLT..

If we were coming off a SB win loaded with talent all over the field sure you do.. But this OLINE sucks as we speak..

I don't think our o-line is that bad. Just like you are one of the few that don't see the justification in drafting Albert at 12, I might be one of the few that don't feel our Offensive line sucks or is that bad. I'm not ready to hit the panic button yet because I understand that we are super young on our o-line and that we had so many injuries and shuffling going on last year that our young guys were asked to do a lot. I also feel they did pretty good. Getting Nalen and Hamilton back are huge and Harris, Pears, Kuper, and Holland all have another year experience.

dogfish
03-30-2008, 07:51 PM

two years ago, kubiak drafte a college OG named charles spencer (one of my favorite prospects from that class)-- switched him to left tackle, he started from day one, and looked like a tremendous steal before suffering a potentially career-threatening injury midway through the season. . .

Lonestar
03-30-2008, 07:54 PM
JR, i love ya man, but you throw that word clown around too much-- this kid isn't a clown, he's a frickin' mauler! a big athletic grinder who puts guys on their ass. . . i can't believe you complain all the time about how we aren't physical enough blocking in the run game, and then you spit on a guy who is EXACTLY the type of player you've been wanting. . .

you know i'm mostly in agreement with you when it comes to shanahan's drafting, but don't judge the pick before it's even been made. . . . :lol:

few years back, dallas spent the #11 pick on a small school DE to play outside linebacker-- he's now one of the top impact defenders in the league. . . and that's a more dramatic switch than OG to OT. . .

Once again I'll say we do not have the luxury to give this kid no matter how good he could be down the road OJT not protecting Jay blindside..

If we were looking for the best OG sure take him..

We do not have the luxury to convert players IMO, not after the past almost decade of lousy draft discounting the last two.

Lonestar
03-30-2008, 07:58 PM
two years ago, kubiak drafte a college OG named charles spencer (one of my favorite prospects from that class)-- switched him to left tackle, he started from day one, and looked like a tremendous steal before suffering a potentially career-threatening injury midway through the season. . .

I applaud him for doing it perhaps he has a better system GM scouting department than we doing for spotting talent..

I want the best of the best at his position watching Jays blindside.. Right up front no maybe he will be good, someone we know will fill the bill from day one..

TXBRONC
03-30-2008, 08:03 PM
Once again I'll say we do not have the luxury to give this kid no matter how good he could be down the road OJT not protecting Jay blindside..

We do not have the luxury to convert players IMO, not after the past almost decade of lousy draft discounting the last two.

And once again you're still looking at it ass backwards. Charlie Casserly who does know something about down linemen said this kid has the skills to play left tackle and from what he is hearing from GMs around the League that's seems to be where teams are looking to put him should they get the chance to draft him.

Also as I have said a 1000 times if draft an offensive lineman with 12 overall pick he's still not going to start for about a year.

dogfish
03-30-2008, 08:03 PM

JMO, but i think you're looking for reasons to worry. . . every year guys come in and play different positions, different schemes, different techniques than they did in college-- i just don't think this kid is as much of a "project" as you're making him out to be. . . . he played tackle in high school and during the year he spent at a military academy, as well as playing there some in college, so it's not like we're drafting a tight end or defensive lineman who's never taken a snap at OT. . . albert has considerably more experience there than charles spencer did, and he started at the position from day one and did just fine. . .

dogfish
03-30-2008, 08:07 PM
I applaud him for doing it perhaps he has a better system GM scouting department than we doing for spotting talent..

I want the best of the best at his position watching Jays blindside.. Right up front no maybe he will be good, someone we know will fill the bill from day one..

c'mon, you know there's no such thing as "right up front no maybe he will be good". . . there's absolutely no guarantee that clady or chris williams will be any better than branden albert. . .

SmilinAssasSin27
03-30-2008, 08:09 PM
I just wonder if folks would think our OLine was that bad had the SD game not been nationally televised. People forget we had 3 major injuries on the OLine at the time.

dogfish
03-30-2008, 08:11 PM
I just wonder if folks would think our OLine was that bad had the SD game not been nationally televised. People forget we had 3 major injuries on the OLine at the time.

maybe not-- if they also missed the houston, detroit and jacksonville games. . . . :coffee:

i keep hearing about how nalen and hamilton were out, but i really don't remember our line playing all that well in '06 when those guys were in there, either. . .

TXBRONC
03-30-2008, 08:20 PM

Yeah that GM department consisted of Charlie Casserly.

You're being naive if you think there are any absolutes when comes to drafting players.

WARHORSE
03-30-2008, 08:48 PM
Albert (5.17) is faster than Clady (5.20). Clady is the only OT who had a broad jump above 8' 11". His was an even nine feet. Alberts broad jump was 4" more.

Clady had a higher verticle, but Alberts repped 225lbs 24 times while Clady never showed scouts what he could do on the bench.

Alberts also outperformed Chris WIlliams in all areas of the combine. Williams only matched his speed, timing in at 5.17 also.

TXBRONC
03-30-2008, 08:51 PM
Albert (5.17) is faster than Clady (5.20). Clady is the only OT who had a broad jump above 8' 11". His was an even nine feet. Alberts broad jump was 4" more.

Clady had a higher verticle, but Alberts repped 225lbs 24 times while Clady never showed scouts what he could do on the bench.

Alberts also outperformed Chris WIlliams in all areas of the combine. Williams only matched his speed, timing in at 5.17 also.

If Casserly is right Alberts is ready to play left tackle right now.

Scarface
03-30-2008, 08:52 PM

The SD game was hardly a revelation. I have Sunday Ticket and have for a long time. The Denver O-Line has been outphysicaled for quite a while now. Especially in the red zone.

Scarface
03-30-2008, 08:53 PM

Williams ran a 5.07 according to this site.

http://fflivewire.com/players/PlayersCombine.asp?OrderBy=+ORDER+BY+LastNAme%2C+F irstName%2C+PosNameShort%2C+Team&PlayerName=&pTeamID=99999999&PosNum=11&GO=GO%21

WARHORSE
03-30-2008, 08:54 PM

Um....................lessee....................wh o else thinks its dumb to consider Alberts as an OT??

:shocked:

Yup. Youre the only one JR.
Stop punchin the clown and get up to speed.;)

John Lynch was a QB. So was Cribbs. Matt Lepsis a TE. Shannon Sharpe a WR.

Oline is one area where players are more interchangable than most others.

You actually know that..........you just gotta stop punchin the clown.

(sorry. Thought the reference to the clown part was more.....relatable to ya) ;)

Lonestar
03-30-2008, 10:10 PM
c'mon, you know there's no such thing as "right up front no maybe he will be good". . . there's absolutely no guarantee that clady or chris williams will be any better than branden albert. . .

Why would you want to chance it and why would you waste a top 15 choice on a project?

That is what got mikey into trouble in the drafts before not taking sure things..

AND stop with the "there is no such thing a SURE thing". I've head all the arguments about BUSTs.. Or injuries.. Those things happen..

Do you really think for instance had delta played more that a year or so at CB, that folks would have seen him for what he was a head case? That while he may have been drafted he most likely would not have been a first rounder.

IMO folks, you do not speculate with a top 12 choice, you go after the guy that has the most potential to step in and start day one .
The one that can have the BIGGEST impact for your team.

Now this kid might be the great OT since Munoz if so why was he not playing it in college.. Is it worth potentially wasting YET another draft choice on taking what WAS the #3 best OT on his college team?

Lonestar
03-30-2008, 10:14 PM
Yeah that GM department consisted of Charlie Casserly.

You're being naive if you think there are any absolutes when comes to drafting players.

If Casserly is right Alberts is ready to play left tackle right now.

Could not let this one pass..

Lonestar
03-30-2008, 10:24 PM
Um....................lessee....................wh o else thinks its dumb to consider Alberts as an OT??
:shocked:

Yup. Youre the only one JR.
Stop punchin the clown and get up to speed.;)

John Lynch was a QB. So was Cribbs. Matt Lepsis a TE. Shannon Sharpe a WR.

Oline is one area where players are more interchangable than most others.

You actually know that..........you just gotta stop punchin the clown.
(sorry. Thought the reference to the clown part was more.....relatable to ya) ;)

Yep John Lynch played QB in college at Stanford I think he took over when John Elway left.. I forgot that stat and that he was drafted as TB #1 pick that year..

Lepsis was not just placed into the OLT spot on day one either.. UDFA
Sharpe was to slow to play @ WR.. UDFA

Apples and oranges compared to OLT the one spot on the OLINE that gets uber big bucks cause so few can play it.. Like great DT command huge salaries..

HMMMMM both positions of huge need in DEN.. because we have NEVER spent a Number one on either.. and do not mention price cause he was a DE in college as well as LB and he managed to move there because of the vacuum there after a couple of years on the job..

You can afford to experiment with UDFA or 4-7 round choices you can not afford to guesstimate on day one.. That is what screwed the pooch to start out with the past 8 years or so (excluding 06-07).

dogfish
03-30-2008, 10:34 PM
Why would you want to chance it and why would you waste a top 15 choice on a project?

That is what got mikey into trouble in the drafts before not taking sure things..

AND stop with the "there is no such thing a SURE thing". I've head all the arguments about BUSTs.. Or injuries.. Those things happen..

Do you really think for instance had delta played more that a year or so at CB, that folks would have seen him for what he was a head case? That while he may have been drafted he most likely would not have been a first rounder.

IMO folks, you do not speculate with a top 12 choice, you go after the guy that has the most potential to step in and start day one .
The one that can have the BIGGEST impact for your team.

Now this kid might be the great OT since Munoz if so why was he not playing it in college.. Is it worth potentially wasting YET another draft choice on taking what WAS the #3 best OT on his college team?

okay, so who do you think we should take that has a better chance of making an immediate impact than albert? who is this mysterious "non-project" sure thing?

Lonestar
03-30-2008, 10:46 PM
okay, so who do you think we should take that has a better chance of making an immediate impact than Albert? who is this mysterious "non-project" sure thing?

Well I'm not the GM.. But I'd stick with a KNOWN OLT or DT. That have all been worshiped by someone over the past few weeks..

Don't you know that a few on here insist there are no "sure" things?

I would not take clady because of playing in the WAC.. minor league IMO. Williams would probably be the one at OLT.. Unless Dorsey or the other big stud at DT should fall.. or at RB Stewart.

Maybe albert is a better OLT than OG, why did he not play it in college? Just red flag to me..

TXBRONC
03-31-2008, 07:18 AM
Could not let this one pass..

Maybe you should of because there is nothing inconsistent in what I said. :coffee:

TXBRONC
03-31-2008, 07:25 AM
Well I'm not the GM.. But I'd stick with a KNOWN OLT or DT. That have all been worshiped by someone over the past few weeks..

I would not take clady because of playing in the WAC.. minor league IMO. Williams would probably be the one at OLT.. Unless Dorsey or the other big stud at DT should fall.. or at RB Stewart.

Maybe albert is a better OLT than OG, why did he not play it in college? Just red flag to me..

Well you're not a GM and you don't know how to evaluate talent anymore than anyone else on this board. However, I'm willing to listen to guy like Charlie Casserly who has an impeccable reputation as GM over some who stands on the outside and makes snap judgements without any real knowledge.

WARHORSE
03-31-2008, 11:17 PM
Yep John Lynch played QB in college at Stanford I think he took over when John Elway left.. I forgot that stat and that he was drafted as TB #1 pick that year..

Lepsis was not just placed into the OLT spot on day one either.. UDFA
Sharpe was to slow to play @ WR.. UDFA

Apples and oranges compared to OLT the one spot on the OLINE that gets uber big bucks cause so few can play it.. Like great DT command huge salaries..

HMMMMM both positions of huge need in DEN.. because we have NEVER spent a Number one on either.. and do not mention price cause he was a DE in college as well as LB and he managed to move there because of the vacuum there after a couple of years on the job..

You can afford to experiment with UDFA or 4-7 round choices you can not afford to guesstimate on day one.. That is what screwed the pooch to start out with the past 8 years or so (excluding 06-07).

Aw cmon Geewhiz.

Shannon was a seventh round pick. Lets get our Broncos facts right.(wasnt he?:D)lol........

And Alberts would hardly be the first Olineman taken in the first who moves to play a different position along the oline. How is it that Kuper can be considered for RT this year, or Harris for guard should that happen? And regardless of draft position, what matters is the fact that Lepsis played the position to a high degree.

Is it the same risk when you know the player can come in and dominate at guard, worst case scenario? I would think that Denver could easily afford to have him come in and back up Harris and Pears, or Harris and Kuper while playing guard as a starter until its determined whether he can play LT or not.

The man is NFL strong, and can get stronger. Hes a road grader at guard already, and heck, if it works out that all he ends up being is an all pro guard on a dominating Broncos offensive line, what the heck. This is the kind of guard we need at the goaline anyway.

I like it when our RBs can walk into the endzone standing up.

Lonestar
03-31-2008, 11:27 PM
Aw cmon Geewhiz.

Shannon was a seventh round pick. Lets get our Broncos facts right.(wasnt he?:D)lol........

And Alberts would hardly be the first Olineman taken in the first who moves to play a different position along the oline. How is it that Kuper can be considered for RT this year, or Harris for guard should that happen? And regardless of draft position, what matters is the fact that Lepsis played the position to a high degree.

Is it the same risk when you know the player can come in and dominate at guard, worst case scenario? I would think that Denver could easily afford to have him come in and back up Harris and Pears, or Harris and Kuper while playing guard as a starter until its determined whether he can play LT or not.

The man is NFL strong, and can get stronger. Hes a road grader at guard already, and heck, if it works out that all he ends up being is an all pro guard on a dominating Broncos offensive line, what the heck. This is the kind of guard we need at the goaline anyway.

Just to get the story straight

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?teamId=1400&type=team
1990 - Denver Broncos
Rd Sel # Player Position School
2 52 Alton Montgomery DB Houston
4 82 Jeroy Robinson LB Texas A&M
5 111 Jeff Davidson G Ohio State
5 136 Le-Lo Lang DB Washington
6 164 Ronnie Haliburton TE Louisiana State
7 192 Shannon Sharpe TE Savannah State

Look I would not draft him to play OLT I'd go after someone that has 3-4 years college experiment with it..

But that is just me..

Wanting to protect the most important draft choice mikey ever made..
Color me over protective.

If we needed a OG then by all means draft him and if something should necessitate him moving to OLT go for it..

You do not put GT mustang oil filter on a hot corvette and hope it protects the engine.. For a few bucks more you get the piece that was designed for it.. KISS

I have been an advocate of getting BIGGER on the OLINE for YEARS but mikey does not return my calls..

broncohead
04-01-2008, 08:16 PM

Agreed. I wouldn't draft a OG to play OT. Why not just take a top OT thats still left on the board?

WARHORSE
04-02-2008, 02:25 AM
Just to get the story straight

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?teamId=1400&type=team
1990 - Denver Broncos
Rd Sel # Player Position School
2 52 Alton Montgomery DB Houston
4 82 Jeroy Robinson LB Texas A&M
5 111 Jeff Davidson G Ohio State
5 136 Le-Lo Lang DB Washington
6 164 Ronnie Haliburton TE Louisiana State
7 192 Shannon Sharpe TE Savannah State

Look I would not draft him to play OLT I'd go after someone that has 3-4 years college experiment with it..

But that is just me..

Wanting to protect the most important draft choice mikey ever made..
Color me over protective.

If we needed a OG then by all means draft him and if something should necessitate him moving to OLT go for it..

You do not put GT mustang oil filter on a hot corvette and hope it protects the engine.. For a few bucks more you get the piece that was designed for it.. KISS

I have been an advocate of getting BIGGER on the OLINE for YEARS but mikey does not return my calls..

lol............

WARHORSE
04-02-2008, 02:28 AM
Well, just so you guys who would stroke Shanny if we drafted Albert.......both Mayock and Davis have him listed in their top ten best players now that theyre done with their evaluations.........as an LT.

That bein said, all I care about is where the Broncos have him ranked.

TXBRONC
04-02-2008, 09:41 PM
Aw cmon Geewhiz.

I don't think we playing at one position while still working him out at another if that's what you're suggesting War.

At any rate if we draft any offensive lineman, whether it's Alberts or someone else they will more than likely not see the field this year.

broncohead
04-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Drafting an OT such as Williams, Otah, or Clady in the first will probably have the same impact as Albert their first year. We have two young OT on the roster. One has been a starter, Pears, and one has been said to start, Harris. I wonder how the injury to Nalen will effect his play this year. I think it will be his last year. Hamilton will move the center leaving an opening at LG. Holland is a decent starter. So drafting Albert in the first our O-line could look like this in begining of the 2009 season. Just a thought.

LT- Harris
LG- Kuper
C- Hamilton
RG- Alberts
RT- Pears

BOSSHOGG30
04-03-2008, 05:27 PM
Drafting an OT such as Williams, Otah, or Clady in the first will probably have the same impact as Albert their first year. We have two young OT on the roster. One has been a starter, Pears, and one has been said to start, Harris. I wonder how the injury to Nalen will effect his play this year. I think it will be his last year. Hamilton will move the center leaving an opening at LG. Holland is a decent starter. So drafting Albert in the first our O-line could look like this in begining of the 2009 season. Just a thought.

LT- Harris
LG- Kuper
C- Hamilton
RG- Alberts
RT- Pears

I agree. I'm still not happy Denver let Chris Myers go. I think he projected as a decent center in the near future. He was still very young. We now put ourselves in the situation of needing a center. Hamilton could always slide over, but his health is also in question. A guy who is versatile enough to play tackle and gaurd would be ideal.

dogfish
04-03-2008, 05:30 PM
I agree. I'm still not happy Denver let Chris Myers go. I think he projected as a decent center in the near future. He was still very young. We now put ourselves in the situation of needing a center. Hamilton could always slide over, but his health is also in question. A guy who is versatile enough to play tackle and gaurd would be ideal.

i really like the idea of a 1st round OT, but a guy like zuttah, mcglynn or maybe sosa could also bring some versatility as a 2nd day pick. . . .

TXBRONC
04-03-2008, 05:41 PM
i really like the idea of a 1st round OT, but a guy like zuttah, mcglynn or maybe sosa could also bring some versatility as a 2nd day pick. . . .

I wonder if there would be a realistic possibility of Shanahan taking an offensive tackle on each day?

Lonestar
04-03-2008, 05:45 PM
I wonder if there would be a realistic possibility of Shanahan taking an offensive tackle on each day?

hopefully a stud on day one and the an OLINE type ON day two for depth.. since Meyers is gone and Hamilton and Nalen are not as big a part of the future as they once were..

TXBRONC
04-03-2008, 05:51 PM
hopefully a stud on day one and the an OLINE type ON day two for depth.. since Meyers is gone and Hamilton and Nalen are not as big a part of the future as they once were..

I can understand why you say Nalen wouldn't be a big part of the future, but Hamilton is still relatively young.

Lonestar
04-03-2008, 05:53 PM
I can understand why you say Nalen wouldn't be a big part of the future, but Hamilton is still relatively young.

Concussion issues cloud him long term that is my only concern there.. Plus of course I'd always like a bit more meat up there..

Skinny
04-03-2008, 06:24 PM
Did'nt see it posted so i apologize if it's a repost ...

Alberts On The Rise (http://www.fantasyplayers.com/FeedItem.asp?FEED_ITEM_ID=23745)

TXBRONC
04-03-2008, 06:38 PM
Concussion issues cloud him long term that is my only concern there.. Plus of course I'd always like a bit more meat up there..

He's been cleared to play and he say that he's not suffering any more adverse effects. And unless he's lost weight he was up to 290 lbs.

broncohead
04-03-2008, 07:08 PM
Albert in the first and a center on day 2. Albert has the vesitility to play tackle (even though I wouldn't draft him to play tackle) and a center would be depth just in case both Nalen and Hamilton don't return next year. Nalen to retirement and Hamilton if he suffers another concussion.

shank
04-03-2008, 07:43 PM
He's been cleared to play and he say that he's not suffering any more adverse effects. And unless he's lost weight he was up to 290 lbs.

yeah, hamilton sounded healthy and very optimistic and excited to get back to playing. hopefully he was able to keep in shape during the ordeal. i am glad to have him back and hope he can return to old form. mostly i'm happy that the symptoms went away, this concussion stuff is still kind of an unknown...

TXBRONC
04-03-2008, 08:20 PM
yeah, hamilton sounded healthy and very optimistic and excited to get back to playing. hopefully he was able to keep in shape during the ordeal. i am glad to have him back and hope he can return to old form. mostly i'm happy that the symptoms went away, this concussion stuff is still kind of an unknown...

Same here I'll be glad to have him back. I think he and Nalen are the two smartest lineman we have.

Lonestar
04-03-2008, 09:20 PM

But remember they have a cumulative effect his next one could be his last snap.. I'd rather have a spare on the shelve just in case.. AT 290 we do not have the ability to punch them in inside the red zone IMO..

TXBRONC
04-03-2008, 09:28 PM
But remember they have a cumulative effect his next one could be his last snap.. I'd rather have a spare on the shelve just in case.. AT 290 we do not have the ability to punch them in inside the red zone IMO..

I'm not going to make the assumption that he'll have another concussion.

Stink, Neil and Habib in the early years were all around 290 lbs.

dogfish
04-03-2008, 09:37 PM

i agree-- i really like hamilton because he's a smart technician and a tough guy for his size, but i still think the concussion thing is a legitimate concern. . . the team can't afford to assume that he won't get any more, and if they're actually going to count on kuper outside they need to protect themselves with more interior depth. . . although, i wonder whether they really think kuper is better suited at tackle, or if they're just talking about moving him there in the interest of getting our best five linemen on the field (or covering their draft intentions). . .

i think there's a very good chance we'll take an OT on the first day of the draft-- there's very good value at the position this year, and we're short on bodies there even if kuper does shift outside. . . with pears' poor performance last year and harris' back problems, i think it's a given that we're going to draft a tackle at some point. . . kuper's potential ability to play ther does provide a bit of depth, but he's basically an unknown quantity-- and p.j. alexander can play OT in a pinch, but i can't see even shanahan wanting a guy like that protecting cutler. . .

IMO, as of right now the O-line has more question marks than any other unit on the team. . .

how much does nalen have left?

can hamilton really come back and stay healthy?

do we see holland as a long-term answer?

can kuper be effective at tackle?

is pears capable of getting much better?

looks to me like we'll go into camp with three of the five positions (OLT, OLG and ORT) wide open. . . as far as the draft, i'm guessing there's a good chance we'll draft two OLs. . . probably one tackle, and most likely a swing guy who can play multiple positions with one of those 2nd day picks. . . i like mike mcglynn a lot-- most of the scouting reports i've read on him say that he's got the intelligence and hand quickness to develop into a quality center, and that he plays with a mean streak. . .

we also have to see whether fenton is ready to contribute anything this year. . .

TXBRONC
04-03-2008, 09:51 PM
i agree-- i really like hamilton because he's a smart technician and a tough guy for his size, but i still think the concussion thing is a legitimate concern. . . the team can't afford to assume that he won't get any more, and if they're actually going to count on kuper outside they need to protect themselves with more interior depth. . . although, i wonder whether they really think kuper is better suited at tackle, or if they're just talking about moving him there in the interest of getting our best five linemen on the field (or covering their draft intentions). . .

i think there's a very good chance we'll take an OT on the first day of the draft-- there's very good value at the position this year, and we're short on bodies there even if kuper does shift outside. . . with pears' poor performance last year and harris' back problems, i think it's a given that we're going to draft a tackle at some point. . . kuper's potential ability to play ther does provide a bit of depth, but he's basically an unknown quantity-- and p.j. alexander can play OT in a pinch, but i can't see even shanahan wanting a guy like that protecting cutler. . .

IMO, as of right now the O-line has more question marks than any other unit on the team. . .

how much does nalen have left?

can hamilton really come back and stay healthy?

do we see holland as a long-term answer?

can kuper be effective at tackle?

is pears capable of getting much better?

looks to me like we'll go into camp with three of the five positions (OLT, OLG and ORT) wide open. . . as far as the draft, i'm guessing there's a good chance we'll draft two OLs. . . probably one tackle, and most likely a swing guy who can play multiple positions with one of those 2nd day picks. . . i like mike mcglynn a lot-- most of the scouting reports i've read on him say that he's got the intelligence and hand quickness to develop into a quality center, and that he plays with a mean streak. . .

All that being said then I guess Albert would be the best choice we could make. :D

Seriously, the coaching staff shouldn't take Hamilton's condition lightly and I don't think they will but I don't think its fair make the assumption that JR made that he isn't in the long term plans we simply don't know.

Kuper is more or less in the same boat as Alberts. If I'm not mistaken in college he did play some at tackle. I don't know which side I'm pretty sure I heard that when we drafted him. And we drafted I think it was mentioned that he has the footwork and quickness to play tackle at the pro level.

Lonestar
04-03-2008, 09:55 PM
I'm not going to make the assumption that he'll have another concussion.

Stink, Neil and Habib in the early years were all around 290 lbs.

I'll not make that leap either BUT I want a spare part nearby if it does happen.. After all once you have had one, it takes less trauma each successive time to be an issue..

Yes that was 10 years ago also. It was also when our guys had played together for a while all of them better that what we have on the field today..They covered each others backs, right now most have not had enough time together to learn their first names..

The guys on the other side of the LOS have gotten bigger, faster and stronger. We have not kept up..

Lets get some Spare parts to plug in if we need them.. Giving up Meyers who could play all positions, was well .......

One on day, one another as BPA

dogfish
04-03-2008, 09:55 PM
All that being said then I guess Alberts would be the best choice we could make. :D

Seriously, the coaching staff shouldn't take Hamilton's condition lightly and I don't think they will but I don't think its fair make the assumption that JR made that he isn't in the long term plans we simply don't know.

Kuper is more or less in the same boat as Alberts. If I'm not mistaken in college he did play some at tackle. I don't know which side I'm pretty sure I heard that when we drafted him. And we drafted I think it was mentioned that he has the footwork and quickness to play tackle at the pro level.

kupes played almost all of his senior year at left tackle-- we'll see what he can do at this level. . .

and yes, i think branden albert would be a very good choice-- we need more nasty in the trenches. . . . :werd:

TXBRONC
04-03-2008, 10:05 PM
I'll not make that leap either BUT I want a spare part nearby if it does happen.. After all once you have had one, it takes less trauma each successive time to be an issue..

Yes that was 10 years ago also. It was also when our guys had played together for a while all of them better that what we have on the field today..They covered each others backs, right now most have not had enough time together to learn their first names..

The guys on the other side of the LOS have gotten bigger, faster and stronger. We have not kept up..

Lets get some Spare parts to plug in if we need them.. Giving up Meyers who could play all positions, was well .......

One on day, one another as BPA

JR I'm pretty sure you're mistaken about the difference in defensive line now and ten years ago.

Meyers was ok but he wasn't anything special. Kuper on the other hand I think can be.

Lonestar
04-03-2008, 10:18 PM
JR I pretty sure you're mistaken about the difference in defensive line now and ten years ago.

Meyers was ok but he wasn't anything special. Kuper on the other hand I thing can be.

I agree about Meyers, he gave us flexibility .. Kuper I think is the better of the two..

But Meyers was a good spare tire.. Jack of all trades master of none..

Those are the guys you hold onto UNTIL you have someone better to replace them.. PJ Alexander I think not..

How am I wrong about the DL?
We got a extra #7 total, waste of time IMO.. just training camp fodder..

TXBRONC
04-03-2008, 10:30 PM
I agree about Meyers, he gave us flexibility .. Kuper I think is the better of the two..

But Meyers was a good spare tire.. Jack of all trades master of none..

Those are the guys you hold onto UNTIL you have someone better to replace them.. PJ Alexander I think not..

How am I wrong about the DL?
We got a extra #7 total, waste of time IMO.. just training camp fodder..

I think Myers isn't going to be that difficult to replace. If the intent was that they would let him go whether they let him go now or later really doesn't make a big difference.

Apparently or at least at the point in time they feel Alexander is better fit. He can play all the positions that Myers can.

How are you wrong about the size of defensive linemen now and ten years ago? Size wise I don't think there is big difference in defensive linemen now and 10 years ago.

Lonestar
04-03-2008, 10:37 PM
I think Myers isn't going to be that difficult to replace. If the intent was that they would let him go whether they let him go now or later really doesn't make a big difference.

Apparently or at least at the point in time they feel Alexander is better fit. He can play all the positions that Myers can.

How are you wrong about the size of defensive linemen now and ten years ago? Size wise I don't think there is big difference in defensive linemen now and 10 years ago.

I think there were very few DLine like we have today JAX, SAN, NE, PIT, NYG, just to name a few that can dominate an OLINE.. especially a smaller one like ours is..

They are bigger (although not huge), faster and stronger than they were back then.. Most of the dominant DTs today are not huge slobs, but lean and mean and instead of 350 pounds of blob there are 310-325 of muscle..

IMO

TXBRONC
04-03-2008, 11:10 PM
I think there were very few DLine like we have today JAX, SAN, NE, PIT, NYG, just to name a few that can dominate an OLINE.. especially a smaller one like ours is..

They are bigger (although not huge), faster and stronger than they were back then.. Most of the dominant DTs today are not huge slobs, but lean and mean and instead of 350 pounds of blob there are 310-325 of muscle..

IMO

Jacksonville, and the New York Giants run 4-3 defenses but their respective units are put together differently. The strength of the Giants front four is their defensive ends and Jaguars strength is the defensive tackles.

San Diego, New England, and Pittsburgh all run 3-4 defenses. Without strong linebacker play those defensive lines would have difficulty.

As far size, speed and strength they are about the same as they were ten years ago.

Lonestar
04-04-2008, 01:25 AM
Jacksonville, and the New York Giants run 4-3 defenses but their respective units are put together differently. The strength of the Giants front four is their defensive ends and Jaguars strength is the defensive tackles.

San Diego, New England, and Pittsburgh all run 3-4 defenses. Without strong linebacker play those defensive lines would have difficulty.

As far size, speed and strength they are about the same as they were ten years ago.

TX you will believe what you wish have a good night..

dogfish
04-04-2008, 02:39 AM
i really don't think we had any choice with myers after we offered him the low tender-- whether that itself was a blunder or not is open to discussion (dean said he wonders whether that could have been a move that contributed to the ousting of sundquist), but once it was done it pretty much sealed the deal. . . the texans offered him starting money and we weren't going to match it. . .

JR, i have a feeling that you might be happier about the move after the draft, because there are some 2nd day guys who can probably fit into our system but bring a little more beef and power than chris had. . . mcglynn is listed in the 310 range, and he put up 30 reps on the bench (i know it doesn't measure lower body and core strength, but it's the only numerical measurement of strength available). . . jeremy zuttah would be a great fit, and he put up 35 reps, one of the best performances of the whole combine-- and he also ran a 4.99 40 at 303 pounds. . .

i'd have rather seen us play it safe and keep myers another year, but it would have been most likely been his last one anyways. . . we may as well bring in a guy who'll play much cheaper for the next four years, and let him have his growing pains now so we're not trying to break in a new guy later on. . . with all these extra 2nd day picks it's a good year to fill some of the holes that we've proven very capable of filling in the later rounds (especially if we throw a blue chip OT prospect in the mix as well!). . .

Scarface
04-05-2008, 07:48 AM
Albert's rising so fast he may end up a Top 10 pick. Mayock's mock had him going to NE. That's not fair. That team is already loaded as it is.

TXBRONC
04-05-2008, 08:03 AM
Albert's rising so fast he may end up a Top 10 pick. Mayock's mock had him going to NE. That's not fair. That team is already loaded as it is.

Well they got that 7th overall pick so its possible personally they should had forfeit that pick instead on their 31st pick. Anyway, I think it was N.F.L. Network said just recently that the Patriots were looking to replace Todd Light.

TXBRONC
04-07-2008, 10:28 PM
Here is PFW's top five prospects for offensive tackle. Notice that Albert is in the top five and that they see his stock rising. For those concerned about Albert playing left tackle, PFW thinks it could be his most natural position.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Extras/2008/topOLs.htm

Top OL prospects

Scouting reports on the five highest-ranked offensive linemen

By Nolan Nawrocki
April 7, 2008

This is the fifth in a series of eight articles for this Web site, in which we're presenting excerpts from “the bible of the draft,” our 2008 Draft Preview book, which is on now sale at the PFW store. Each of the remaining articles in the series will be posted daily, through April 10. Please note that the top five players at each position are listed in the order in which they were ranked in the pre-draft issue of our print edition, published March 31.

1. OLT Jake Long
(6-7, 313, 5.24) Michigan

Notes: Also lettered in basketball and baseball. Redshirted in 2003. Started the final 10 games at right tackle and also saw time at left tackle in ’04. Suffered a serious injury in ’05 summer practice when two teammates fell on his lower left leg. Underwent surgery and sat out the first seven games. Returned to start the final 4-of-5 games at right tackle. Dropped 20 pounds in the offseason and improved his agility. Named team captain and started all 13 games at left tackle in ’06 and ’07 en route to Big Ten Lineman of the Year accolades both years.

Michigan OT Jake Long (left)
and Pitt OT Jeff Otah

Positives: Has excellent size with a flat stomach. Has been effective in a zone- or man-blocking scheme. Generates power in the run game and can knock defenders off the ball. Very tough and nasty. Plays with intent to hurt the opposition and can bury defenders. Comes off the ball flat-backed and drives defenders. Very good finisher. Extremely smart, hardworking and instinctive and has a great feel for the game. Sets quickly in pass protection and plays alertly. Has very good anchor strength. Excellent worker. Vocal leader.
Negatives: Does not look as effortless in pass protection in the fourth quarter as some elite left tackles. Could do a better job of locking out and using his arm length to keep defenders off his frame. Could more consistently punch and reload. Does not show great recovery speed vs. elite speed (see Ohio State game). Can overset and be susceptible to inside counter moves.

Summary: Proved he was a better athlete than many expected at the Combine, when he moved with relative ease in positional drills. Could be most naturally suited on the right side because of his toughness, nastiness and angry disposition. However, he has all the athleticism he needs to anchor the left side and become an exceptional pro. Would be best in a base-blocking scheme like the one the Wolverines ran as a sophomore, when he cleared huge running lanes. A perennial Pro Bowl tackle who instantly upgrades an offensive line.

2. OT Ryan Clady (junior)
(6-6 1/8, 309, 5.24) Boise State

Notes: Recruited very lightly as a defensive tackle out of high school. Redshirted in 2004. Moved to right tackle in ’05 and started 11-of-13 games. Moved to left tackle in ’06 and started all 13 games. Started all 13 games at left tackle in ’07 for the second straight year. Strained a pectoral muscle at the Combine and did not complete his workouts.

Positives: Has rare arm length — 36 3/4 inches. Very naturally athletic and light on his feet. Quick to kickslide. Outstanding movement skills. Sets quickly in pass protection. Shows good footwork, impressive balance and natural knee bend. Quick enough to hook defensive ends. Plays with some pop and shows good upper-body strength to latch on and lock out. Flashes some nastiness. Can mirror defenders and recover easily against counter moves. Has a giant wingspan and has shown enough strength to pick off two defenders. Very agile working to the second level. Has the frame to bulk up and carry more weight.

Negatives: Did not consistently face elite competition in the Western Athletic Conference and struggled some vs. better opponents. Plays with too much finesse. Not powerful or overly physical. Can be late out of his stance and struggle to handle the wide rush. Can do a better job of handling stunts and helping with an inside punch. Could improve anchor strength to better handle power. Still growing into his body. Immature and will need to be managed closely.

Summary: Started the season very slowly and showed gradual improvement throughout the year. Will need to spend more time in the weight room and get stronger. However, he is very natural in his movement, and the game looks easy for him. A converted defensive tackle with a ton of untapped potential, Clady possesses exceptional athletic ability, foot quickness and arm length to effortlessly recover and could easily overcome his lack of natural instincts for the position because he is so physically gifted. Must stay focused to become great.

3. OT Jeff Otah
(6-6, 322, 5.56) Pittsburgh

Notes: Came to the United States from Nigeria when he was seven years old. Didn’t play football until his senior year of high school. Also lettered in basketball as a prep. Attended Valley Forge (Pa.) Military Academy and started all 17 games at offensive tackle from 2004-05. Also started on the basketball team and averaged 19 points and 12 rebounds per game. Transferred to Pitt in ’06 and started all 12 games at left tackle. Started all 12 games again at left tackle in ’07. Did not finish workout at Combine because of sprained left ankle.

Positives: Naturally strong and powerful with long arms and a good, solid frame. Plays physical. Comes off the ball with force and drives defenders off the ball. Plays with great power and has stood out against better competition. Can pull and strike a stationary target. Great finisher. Shows a mean streak. Will strike and reload with his hands and shows the pop to shock defenders with his punch. Does a good job of sustaining blocks.

Negatives: Does not take great angles. Not an elite athlete. Does not show great foot speed. Struggles to strike moving targets on the second level. Has a tendency to rise out of his stance. Still raw and could take time to grasp a complex offense. Does not show great stamina. Needs to show that he is willing to pay the price to be great.

Summary: Worked out at the Combine with a sprained left ankle, and his 40-time likely is skewed due to injury. He is by no means a ballerina and could be best-suited on the right side in the pros, where he could better use his natural strength and power, but he has proven to be functional on the left side and should only continue to get better given his relative lack of experience at the position.

4. OT Gosder Cherilus
(6-6 3/8, 314, 5.19) Boston College

Notes: Born in Haiti and moved to the United States when he was 14. Also lettered in basketball and track as a prep. Redshirted in 2003. Started every game at right tackle in ’04, ’05 and ’06, starting 37 consecutive games. Moved to the OLT position in the spring of ’07 after James Marten graduated. Elected team captain in the spring. Started all 14 games in ’07, setting a school record for consecutive starts with 51. Was cited in a police report after breaking up a fight in a Boston sports bar on July 1, 2007, when published reports say he carried a participant to the exit and asked him to leave. Was cleared of any wrongdoing.

Positives: Has incredibly long, 36 1/4-inch arms and monster 11 3/4-inch hands. Is built to play with power and shows the ability to finish run blocks and collapse defenders. Can cling to and eliminate defenders once he gets his massive hands on them. Shows the agility to pull and work up the field. Has an edge and flashes a mean streak. Practices hard and takes the game seriously.

Negatives: Struggled with the transition to the left side as a senior. Will panic with new information and can take too long to process and react to movement. Looked overwhelmed and unaware against the blitz. Not a great knee bender and does not show great lateral agility. Often blocked out of a two-point stance and will play too tall. Does not finish consistently. Will cross his feet against upfield pass rushers, and footwork is unrefined.

Summary: Will need to learn how to kickslide and will require some patience on the left side but has all the physical ability to play on either side once he becomes more comfortable with his footwork and technique. Can start at right tackle from Day One and develop into a great pro once he gets acclimated with the playbook. Has played in man- and zone-blocking schemes and looked best coming off the ball flat-backed and driving defenders off the ball from the right side as a junior.

5. OLG-OLT Branden Albert (junior)
(6-5 5/8, 309, 5.19) Virginia

Notes: Didn’t begin playing football until his junior year of high school. Was a basketball standout before deciding to give the gridiron a try. Spent 2004 season at Hargrave Military Academy (Va.). Was named to the Atlantic Coast Conference All-Freshman team in ’05 and allowed only one sack in ’06 as a sophomore. Has started every game in his college career, as he started his first 24 at left guard, then started 11 at left guard and two at left tackle in place of injured starter Eugene Monroe in ’07. Also served as a captain during ’06 and ’07 seasons.

Positives: Extremely athletic. Very natural athlete with incredibly long arms and a giant wingspan. Great balance. Plays on his feet and is rarely on the ground. Sends linebackers flying when on the move and can generate great power through his punch. Explosive mover. Shows good awareness in pass protection. Can pull and trap and is very light on his feet. Can adjust on the second and third levels and fit on linebackers or defensive backs. Effective cut blocker. Strong down blocker. Is versatile and lined up at left tackle for two games and showed improvement from one week to the next. Well-respected, two-time team captain. Only played two years of high school and has a high ceiling.

Negatives: Plays too upright and can lose leverage. Will take some plays off and can do a better job of sustaining. Could improve weight-room strength and get stronger. Footwork in pass sets could use refinement. Does not generate a lot of movement off the ball. Could play more stout inside and could do a better job of keeping his hands inside.

Summary: Has a rare blend of size and athleticism and has shown the ability to play at either left guard or tackle. Overall versatility and upside could drive up his value, especially for teams who have stacked him on the outside. Is still fairly raw but could dominate if he continues to get stronger and becomes more of a technician. Most natural position could wind up being left tackle.

Scarface
04-09-2008, 10:51 PM
This would be sweet:

12 G Branden Albert Virginia Jr. 6-7 317
With Matt Lepsis retired, the Broncos need help at offensive tackle. Jake Long and Clady are gone, but NFL scouts love Albert and believe the ex-Cavalier can handle the transition to tackle as a pro. Vanderbilt's Chris Williams and Pitt's Jeff Otah are other possibilities at tackle, and don't discount the chance Denver takes a receiver like Kelly in the wake of Brandon Marshall's serious arm injury.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/04/09/mock.draft5.part2/index.html

shank
04-10-2008, 12:07 AM
can't believe they have cherilus and otah over williams...

TXBRONC
04-10-2008, 07:06 AM
can't believe they have cherilus and otah over williams...

I agree it's strange.

Fan in Exile
04-10-2008, 08:06 AM
I think with the holes that we have we could definitely use the versatility that Albert has shown. I would be happy if we nabbed him at 12.

TXBRONC
04-10-2008, 06:31 PM
I think with the holes that we have we could definitely use the versatility that Albert has shown. I would be happy if we nabbed him at 12.

Since hearing about Otah I have been intrigued by him, but now if we have a choice to him or Albert I would rather have Albert.