PDA

View Full Version : Week 16 Power Rankings

CoachChaz
12-29-2009, 09:00 AM
32. St. Louis (1-14) – Just trying to make sure they lock up the #1 pick

31. Detroit (2-13) – Nice The good thing is they improved from last year.

30. Kansas City (3-12) – it would be nice to see them start thinking about golf a week early.

29. Tampa Bay (3-12) – Playing like this, they may lose out on the draft pick they want

28. Buffalo (5-10) – This team quit playing a month ago

27. Cleveland (4-11) – If they’d have figured out this whole offense thing 2 months ago…who knows where they’d be

26. Oakland (5-10) – Apparently too much confidence going into the Cleveland game

25. Seattle (5-10) – Time to look for Hasselbeck’s replacement

24. Washington (4-11) – Maybe Greenspan has the answers

23. Chicago (6-9) – Only thing to play for is giving Denver a lesser draft pick

22. San Francisco (7-8) – They’ve at least found some bright spots to build upon

21. Atlanta (8-7) – Gotta build up that defense to be a contender

20. Tennessee (7-8) – Even if they finish 8-8, it’s been an impressive turnaround

19. Miami (7-8) – Blew their chance at the playoffs. Denver is their biggest fan this week

18. Jacksonville (7-8) – Couldn’t contain Brady & Co. and are guaranteed a longer vacation

17. Carolina (7-8) – If they had a QB all season, where would they be now?

16. NY Giants (8-7) – Had their chance. Now Dallas is their biggest fan

15. NY Jets (8-7) – Ryan has them in a position to play for a playoff spot

14. Houston (8-7) – Denver will be relying on Kubiak to help them into the playoffs

13. Denver (8-7) – Denver is the biggest fan of A LOT of teams this week

12. Baltimore (8-7) – How many chances does one team need to score and win?

11. Pittsburgh (8-7) – Apparently the refs and Ravens felt the Christmas spirit this week

10. Cincinnati (10-5) – Only thing left to decide is the 3 or 4 seed

9. Arizona (10-5) – Is there a playoff team that is talked about less than Arizona?

8. New England (10-5) – Coasting into the playoffs. Not looking dominant

7. Dallas (10-5) – Romo and Co. looking very good at the right time. Have a lot to play for next week

6. Green Bay (10-5) – Just waiting to see who they play in round 1

5. New Orleans (13-2) – I hate to say it (not really) but I told you so. The Saints have been exposed. Slow them down and run all day

4. Minnesota (11-4) – Sometimes I think the old man is the only one on this team that wants to win.

3. Philadelphia (11-4) – Don’t look now, but those Eagles that are overrated and ranked way too high are near the top again.

2. San Diego (12-3) – Hard to argue with the run they are on. No one else looking quite as dominant

1. Indianapolis (14-1) – Fans are mad that they didn’t try for the undefeated season. Priorities are sadly skewed. However, I’d love for ANYONE to make Mercury Morriss choke on his damn champagne

broncofaninfla
12-29-2009, 09:19 AM
I'm starting to worry that the Bolts are going to take it all this year. They are playing SOLID ball right now. I'll kick a puppy if they win the Super Bowl.

Medford Bronco
12-29-2009, 09:36 AM
Great list coach. You were right no NO not being as good as everyone thought.

MasterShake
12-29-2009, 10:03 AM

Yeah, the NFC "elite" would be fighting for a wildcard in the AFC!

I think the Chargers are the team to beat. I still want to see Denver play one playoff game. Hopefully the Jets and Steelers lose, or another one of the 11 possible scenarios happens!:lol:

No matter what, I want the Broncos to end with a big win over KC. I'm talking 14+ points!

Poet
12-29-2009, 01:08 PM
Cincinnati is better than Green Bay and Arizona.

CoachChaz
12-29-2009, 02:47 PM
Cincinnati is better than Green Bay and Arizona.

Have they looked better the past few weeks? Is their record better? Just asking

Northman
12-29-2009, 02:52 PM
I think SD might do it this year. But its hard not to put Indy first afterall it is Manning. They should of still played for the undefeated season.

Poet
12-29-2009, 02:57 PM
Have they looked better the past few weeks? Is their record better? Just asking

Cincinnati had back to back losses against the Vikings and the Chargers. Those are two teams in your top five.

They also beat the Packers, play in a harder division and have more impressive victories.

The Cardinals are a schizo team who play in the worst division in football. The second best team in their division owns them and is a 500 team. The Seahawks and the Rams are two teams that may be picking in the top five. Cincinnati's been consistent all year round.

Cincinnati is better than both of those teams.

CoachChaz
12-29-2009, 03:36 PM
Cincinnati had back to back losses against the Vikings and the Chargers. Those are two teams in your top five.

They also beat the Packers, play in a harder division and have more impressive victories.

The Cardinals are a schizo team who play in the worst division in football. The second best team in their division owns them and is a 500 team. The Seahawks and the Rams are two teams that may be picking in the top five. Cincinnati's been consistent all year round.

Cincinnati is better than both of those teams.

Well look at it this way. All the teams are in packs. The first few are in one pack, then the next few, then we have a dozen teams at 8-7 or 7-8. If they beat the Jets I'll make them number 1 next week.

girler
12-29-2009, 04:00 PM
I agree with all of your little quips this week, Coach. :salute: You da man!

Poet
12-29-2009, 04:02 PM
Well look at it this way. All the teams are in packs. The first few are in one pack, then the next few, then we have a dozen teams at 8-7 or 7-8. If they beat the Jets I'll make them number 1 next week.

Deal. :lol:

broncofaninfla
12-29-2009, 04:02 PM
Coach, honestly I respect your rankings more the rankings on other sites. There's always 1-2 on theirs that makes me go "WTF" but yours always seem to be fair and accurate.

CoachChaz
12-29-2009, 04:42 PM
Coach, honestly I respect your rankings more the rankings on other sites. There's always 1-2 on theirs that makes me go "WTF" but yours always seem to be fair and accurate.

I just go with what I see and try not to over analyze it all. Thanks!!!

Poet
12-29-2009, 05:04 PM
Coach, while I often disagree with your rankings, they are always well done. It's opinion, it's subjective, and because of that it's hard to do a good job.

I'm not lying when I say that I always rush to the PC on Tuesday morning to read your Power Rankings.

Even if you clearly hate Cincinnati. ;)

Medford Bronco
12-29-2009, 09:08 PM
Coach, while I often disagree with your rankings, they are always well done. It's opinion, it's subjective, and because of that it's hard to do a good job.

I'm not lying when I say that I always rush to the PC on Tuesday morning to read your Power Rankings.

Even if you clearly hate Cincinnati. ;)

If Cincy plays this week and beats the Jets, we will always be huge fans if it helps Denver:cool:

Go Bengals and JT Osullivan

16-13 over Sanchez. :D

Dean
02-09-2010, 06:42 AM

Any given Sunday still holds true, Med. That is why power rankings, any power rankings, are worthless.

Northman
02-09-2010, 06:53 AM
Be that as it may Coach did a pretty good job going by the information he has. It would not be hard to argue with what he put up there aside from Philly.

Poet
02-09-2010, 12:51 PM
Be that as it may Coach did a pretty good job going by the information he has. It would not be hard to argue with what he put up there aside from Philly.

Most of his naysayers would end up looking mighty silly if they made their list in a thread.

CoachChaz
02-09-2010, 01:12 PM
Keep in mind...i did have the Saints at the top with Indy and Minn. I also said the Saints were screwed IF they played a decent defense. The only good defense they played in the playoffs was Minnesota...and they Vikes owned them. It was Minny's offense that handed that game away.

Poet
02-09-2010, 01:13 PM
Keep in mind...i did have the Saints at the top with Indy and Minn. I also said the Saints were screwed IF they played a decent defense. The only good defense they played in the playoffs was Minnesota...and they Vikes owned them. It was Minny's offense that handed that game away.

Minnesota wasted a great team.

Northman
02-09-2010, 01:15 PM
I was shocked. Not so much by Favre but by Peterson and the other flava boy who dropped the ball. But as Coach said, the defense kept them in the game all day long and Favre and company kept finding ways to lose it.

underrated29
02-09-2010, 02:19 PM
which is fine. I hate brett favre and love the saints since I was little. The superbowl was a definite win win for me.

claymore
02-09-2010, 02:33 PM
Minnesota wasted a great team.

Minnesota has a habit of doing that. Nothing made me happier to see Favre throw that interception.

CoJ_K4Mlt4w

Northman
02-09-2010, 02:36 PM
lmao! classic

Poet
02-09-2010, 02:42 PM
In the end, most seasons suck for the fans.

broncofaninfla
02-09-2010, 03:42 PM
For what it's worth I put more stock in Coachchaz's list than I did any of the major news sites. Nobody is ever going to agree with anybody's rankings list entirely but Coach did a great job of not being baised and was great at elaborating his reasoning for each teams ranking through out the season.

CoachChaz
02-09-2010, 04:35 PM
I appreciate all the appreciation guys. Thanks!!!

Poet
02-09-2010, 04:46 PM

Your redundancy isn't appreciated;I hope you can appreciate what I'm saying here.

Lonestar
02-09-2010, 04:48 PM

Well thanks to the reading enjoyment this past year. :salute: I look forward to seeing it again next year.:laugh:

CoachChaz
02-10-2010, 12:29 PM
Your redundancy isn't appreciated;I hope you can appreciate what I'm saying here.

I've learned to appreciate your insanity...does that count?

underrated29
02-10-2010, 12:31 PM
lol.

allow myself, to introduce...myself.