PDA

View Full Version : Epic fantasy football collapse ...

BroncoBJ
12-29-2009, 12:40 AM
Damn... I was winning 111.42 - 63.76 Going in to MNF.

I had the Vikings Defense.

And my opponent had Adrian Peterson, Shiancoe, and Robbie Gould.

To make a long story short... Jay Cutler beat me. :fight:

I ended up losing 111.46 - 111.42

The TD Pass by Jay dropped my defense 3 points and he beat me. If Gould made that FG in overtime, he would have also beat me.

Damn it sure sucks. This is why I hate fantasy football. :fight:

I'm just praying theres some sort of stat correction this week that helps me win.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-29-2009, 01:15 AM
How is fantasy football entertaining? You don't do anything.

I wish people would read more books and leave the internet apps alone.

Reidman
12-29-2009, 05:49 AM

Have you ever played? It's quite addicting actually...

Sorry JC4MVP....that's a pretty small margin of victory though so your
chances for a stat correction might put it in your favor...but yeah, I was hitting my head against a wall all season long..probably my worst season to date...

BroncoBJ
12-29-2009, 06:34 AM
Have you ever played? It's quite addicting actually...

Sorry JC4MVP....that's a pretty small margin of victory though so your
chances for a stat correction might put it in your favor...but yeah, I was hitting my head against a wall all season long..probably my worst season to date...

Yea, not sure why hes hating lol. I'd be lying right now if I said I loved fantasy football though because Right now, I hate it. :fight:

Every year man, I seem to have the best team and then in the playoffs I lose. Over the last 4 years that this league has been running I have scored more points then anyone and have the best overall record. And 2 out of the 4 years ( Including this year) I scored more points then everyone during the reg season.

Damn, I scored over 100 points in 7 of my last 8 weeks and also had the hardest strength of schedule in my league this year.

But damn, up by like 45 and to lose like that. I coulda made some adjustments to my team and started different people and woulda won. But sure does suck.

I just want to win 1st place one year but looks like I'll have to wait lol. Watching Jay throw that game winning touch down pass about sank me. I take it too seriously. :fight:

But yea, it is a small margin of victory and maybe there can be some sort of stat correction. That would be pretty sweet. Thats my only hope right now.

Northman
12-29-2009, 06:40 AM
I was able to hold on last night for my championship game. Finally got my ring. :)

gnomeflinger
12-29-2009, 09:52 AM

I thought the same thing too, until I joined a league this year. It's a game. If you want to do well, you do your homework in the pre-season, and pick wisely during the draft. You follow your players all season, and play whoever has the best chance of success each game. Some weeks you win, and some weeks you don't. Unless you're Skinny and win just about all of them. :lol:

It's also educational for those of us who are new to the game. I learned so much about football just by playing FF then if I hadn't. I've also learned that it's not always a crap shoot. There is some strategy involved. At least from the get-go.