PDA

View Full Version : Necessary to make so many welcome threads...??

Reidman
02-15-2008, 06:44 PM
I know the mods and everyone are just trying to be sincere in welcoming new members but the bigger this place gets the faster they will be coming in the front door and is it necessary at this point to make a welcome thread for all of them..?

It was fine in the beginning when there wasn't a lot of traffic but I just counted 11 welcome threads. I use the 'new posts' feature consitently and so all these threads are on the first page for me. Maybe we could just let people introduce themselves as the forum name implies...

By the way, this place is really looking good and everyone involved is doing a great job!

Watchthemiddle
02-15-2008, 06:47 PM
:welcome:

:salute:

Welcome Reid...:D

edit: did I take up all the room at the top of the "new posts" by doing my welcomes??

Reidman
02-15-2008, 06:51 PM

Welcome Reid...:D

edit: did I take up all the room at the top of the "new posts" by doing my welcomes??

Just the first 3/4 of the first page........:rolleyes:

Welcome to you.....:moony:

:D

Jody
02-16-2008, 06:48 AM

Welcome Reid...

Funny WTM. :D

Reidman! I personally believe the mods should leave it up to the new 'member' to Introduce their self, vs creating threads on on behalf of a new member.

Why? The forum is called, "Introduce Your Self" . ;) So maybe it's a little unnerving we introduce their self FOR THEM? :confused: :lol:

Nomad
02-16-2008, 11:44 AM
I didn't realize it was such an issue! Or they could change the name of the forum to "Welcome to Broncosforums".

Top, Tned, and DN do a great job of making people feel welcome here and everybody has gotten that treatment and a welcome thread since Aug but if they feel people should introduce themselves and they're tired of welcoming the new members, I'm sure they'd stop!:whoknows:

slim
02-16-2008, 11:47 AM
I usually miss most of them. I even missed my own welcome thread...so I think the mods should make me another one :D

Broncolingus
02-16-2008, 11:55 AM
I usually miss most of them. I even missed my own welcome thread...so I think the mods should make me another one :D

Welcome, Slim...

I usually just welcome people to get my post count up...

Reidman
02-16-2008, 12:39 PM

This is true for me too, except yesterday when there was a slew of them on the front page...

I think you're past the welcome stage...

how bout a swift kick in the ass instead...:lol:

slim
02-16-2008, 12:41 PM
This is true for me too, except yesterday when there was a slew of them on the front page...

I think you're past the welcome stage...

how bout a swift kick in the ass instead...:lol:

Have you been talking to my wife? She seems to think I need one of those too.

Reidman
02-16-2008, 12:43 PM
Have you been talking to my wife? She seems to think I need one of those too.

Nope, just had a feeling...;)

Broncolingus
02-16-2008, 12:44 PM
except yesterday when there was a slew of them on the front page...

That was probably from me...in fact, I know it was.

In case I forgot, welcome, Reid...great avvy, BTW.

Jody
02-16-2008, 06:06 PM
I didn't realize it was such an issue! Or they could change the name of the forum to "Welcome to Broncosforums".

Top, Tned, and DN do a great job of making people feel welcome here and everybody has gotten that treatment and a welcome thread since Aug but if they feel people should introduce themselves and they're tired of welcoming the new members, I'm sure they'd stop!:whoknows:

So serious, Nomad. ;) You are absolutely right. Top, tned-mobile, and DN do an amazing job of tracking and welcoming all the new members. Yet, do you not remember one of the new members who came in here (either here or in their welcome thread) and said they didn't want that kind of attention brought to them being on the board? That's why I said "JOKINGLY" it may unnerve some newer members. Maybe you missed that thread/post from that member? :lol: It made me laugh aloud, because they were really ticked off having that attention brought to them. I guess not everyone appreciates it. :whoknows:

slim
02-16-2008, 06:07 PM
So serious, Nomad. ;) You are absolutely right. Top, tned-mobile, and DN do an amazing job of tracking and welcoming all the new members. Yet, do you not remember one of the new members who came in here (either here or in their welcome thread) and said they didn't want that kind of attention brought to them being on the board? That's why I said "JOKINGLY" it may unnerve some newer members. Maybe you missed that thread/post from that member? :lol: It made me laugh aloud, because they were really ticked off having that attention brought to them. I guess not everyone appreciates it. :whoknows:

Seriously? I guess I missed that. Can't please everyone, I guess. :yo:

Reidman
02-16-2008, 06:08 PM

Were they in the witness protection program...?:confused:

KCL
02-16-2008, 07:36 PM
Hi Reid... :wave:

Jody
02-16-2008, 07:47 PM

Perhaps in cognito? :D

dogfish
02-16-2008, 09:40 PM

probably a chiefs fan. . . . :listen:

Jody
02-16-2008, 09:49 PM
probably a chiefs fan. . . . :listen:

*slaps knee*

GOOD ONE, dog.

Nomad
02-17-2008, 10:10 AM
So serious, Nomad. ;)

You're still my favorite!:D

My wife, co-workers, friends, kids, parents tell me this quite often!

BroncoBJ
02-17-2008, 04:08 PM
I agree. I thought about quitting the site because of all the welcome threads :lol: jk

But I'm use to people welcoming themselves more so then other people welcoming the new comers.
I use the new post feature all the time as well and sometimes its a hassle.

:elefant:

Colorado4Life
03-03-2008, 04:10 PM
While I understand Reid's point, I must say that this was the first site to ever welcome me and I appreciate Denver Native Carol for creating the thread that welcomed me, it made me feel right at home after my last forum went into the obliss.