PDA

View Full Version : Russ Hochstein & Kenny McKinley to Injured Reserve

getlynched47
12-28-2009, 03:00 PM
Per Josh McDaniels

Hochstein needs surgery. I'm guessing torn ACL/MCL. It was his knee.

McKinley, well I'm guessing it's a knee contusion/sprain.

My guess is that we call up Mitch Erikson and Matt Willis from the practice squad because it's a little too late into the season to call in brand new guys that don't know our system.

broncofaninfla
12-28-2009, 03:04 PM
If we never see Hochstein again I'll be ok with it.

Traveler
12-28-2009, 03:06 PM
If we never see Hochstein again I'll be ok with it.

Same with Hamilton. Give Olsen a crack at LG unless they are grooming him to be a C.

broncofaninfla
12-28-2009, 03:11 PM
Same with Hamilton. Give Olsen a crack at LG unless they are grooming him to be a C.

I agree, Hamilton and Hochstein have failed miserably, I'm ready to see Olsen, I doubt he could be worse.

missingnumber7
12-28-2009, 03:24 PM
I agree, Hamilton and Hochstein have failed miserably, I'm ready to see Olsen, I doubt he could be worse.

There has to be someone out there, weather on a practice squad or sitting out there waiting to play football that can get in other peoples way.

dogfish
12-28-2009, 04:05 PM

agreed. . . olsen's had a full year to learn the scheme, this would be a good opportunity to get a look at him in live action. . . his potential ability to fill a starting role next year will be an important factor in what we do to re-tool the interior O-line for next season, and any info we can gather in advance will be valuable-- especially since we won't get a chance to see him in camp before the draft and FA period. . .

OTOH, next week's game still has possible playoff implications, so don't be surprised if we either go with hamilton, or even with brandon gorin, who i believe has some experience playing inside as well as outside. . .

getlynched47
12-28-2009, 04:09 PM
So your guys' master plan is to throw in a rookie offensive lineman to the starting lineup in place of the longest tenured Bronco (Hamilton) in the biggest game of the season for us this Sunday. Great plan :rolleyes:

Chiefs have a massive defensive line. It would be stupid to throw in a rookie offensive lineman with that kind of pressure.

Did you catch the Redskins game last night? A rookie offensive lineman was inserted in the game after injuries and the Cowboys killed him. I'm not saying Olsen = that rookie OLineman, but Olsen = Rookie.

broncofaninfla
12-28-2009, 04:20 PM
So your guys' master plan is to throw in a rookie offensive lineman to the starting lineup in place of the longest tenured Bronco (Hamilton) in the biggest game of the season for us this Sunday. Great plan :rolleyes:

Chiefs have a massive defensive line. It would be stupid to throw in a rookie offensive lineman with that kind of pressure.

Did you catch the Redskins game last night? A rookie offensive lineman was inserted in the game after injuries and the Cowboys killed him. I'm not saying Olsen = that rookie OLineman, but Olsen = Rookie.

I'm saying the vets have failed so yeah, I'd be game to see what Olsen can do.

Superchop 7
12-28-2009, 06:23 PM
There has to be someone out there, weather on a practice squad or sitting out there waiting to play football that can get in other peoples way.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

AQ SHIPLEY.......Pittsburgh

getlynched47
12-28-2009, 11:21 PM
UPDATE

http://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/7144010899
Just was told Russ Hochstein's knee injury is a torn ACL. Too bad, great guy and he's a UFA after the season is over.

Well...we're gonna lose Hamilton to UFA as well. And Kuper to RFA (if CBA isn't set).

Obviously, the interior of the offensive line needs to be addressed during the offseason.

I'd hope Olsen can lock down one of the starting spots, and I want to bring back Chris Kuper as long as he isn't expensive.