PDA

View Full Version : Vikings v. Bears (Broncos Interest)

JDL
12-28-2009, 02:47 PM
With our playoff hopes dangling by a string... if you need some more football fix before the possibility of last week being the last for the Broncos... tonight's game should give you this to hope for.

If the Bears lose,

Denver is guaranteed a top 10 pick in next years talent heavy draft.

It is a small something, even if the Bears win out Denver's pick should fall no further than 12th. If they lose tonight and somehow lose to Detroit, they could possibly climb as high as 5th overall. Right now they are 8th.

Like I said, there are other concerns, but if you need a reason to watch tonight's game (other than to for some reason root against or for Cutler), there ya go!

Nomad
12-28-2009, 02:50 PM
With the BRONCOS luck, the Bears will probably win tonight!! GO VIKINGS!!

broncophan
12-28-2009, 02:51 PM
I hate rooting for Favre.....but I have no choice tonight...

GEM
12-28-2009, 02:52 PM
I'm a sorry vengeful person. I tune into CHI games to watch Cutler throw more picks. I know it's completely sad, but I do hold a grudge against the guy. He hurt my team and I like to see him suffer for it.

2010 resolution....let go of the Cutler issue and jump on the WE WANT MORE OFFENSE bandwagon.

:lol:

Northman
12-28-2009, 02:52 PM
Seeing how Minny will be fighting for Home field with the NO loss yesterday i think Favre and company will come out fighting.

CoachChaz
12-28-2009, 02:54 PM
It'll always fun watchin Jared Allen anyway. but I think we'll only see 2 INT's from Ctler tonight

broncophan
12-28-2009, 02:56 PM
It'll always fun watchin Jared Allen anyway. but I think we'll only see 2 INT's from Ctler tonight

2 ints would be ok.....that is prob. about his average for the season...

GEM
12-28-2009, 02:57 PM
I'm a sorry vengeful person. I tune into CHI games to watch Cutler throw more picks. I know it's completely sad, but I do hold a grudge against the guy. He hurt my team and I like to see him suffer for it.

2010 resolution....let go of the Cutler issue and jump on the WE WANT MORE OFFENSE bandwagon.

I'll truly be able to let it go AFTER the draft, I need to see how we do with a Top 10 pick. :rockon: So bear with me and my Cutler hate until then. :D

Traveler
12-28-2009, 03:02 PM
With our playoff hopes dangling by a string... if you need some more football fix before the possibility of last week being the last for the Broncos... tonight's game should give you this to hope for.

If the Bears lose,

Denver is guaranteed a top 10 pick in next years talent heavy draft.

It is a small something, even if the Bears win out Denver's pick should fall no further than 12th. If they lose tonight and somehow lose to Detroit, they could possibly climb as high as 5th overall. Right now they are 8th.

Like I said, there are other concerns, but if you need a reason to watch tonight's game (other than to for some reason root against or for Cutler), there ya go!

Awesome!:D

And to make it even better, if we win this Sunday, all our picks will be in the late twenties instead of the early twenties after the 1st round.

~sarcasm with the last paragraph~

Traveler
12-28-2009, 03:03 PM

No worry. You are not alone in this.:beer:

broncophan
12-28-2009, 03:04 PM
I'll truly be able to let it go AFTER the draft, I need to see how we do with a Top 10 pick. :rockon: So bear with me and my Cutler hate until then. :D

You are a better person than me.......I will never "let it go"....

Medford Bronco
12-28-2009, 04:57 PM
In this game I want to see

first the total to go to 42 pts between both teams. If it does I win my weekly pool.

then I want Minny to win this game to help out our draft.

Lastly I want Jay to get closer to 30 picks to see what an overrated QB that he is :franchiseqb: :lol: in Madden 10 maybe if he uses Manning or Brady or Rivers.

Nomad
12-28-2009, 10:15 PM
I guess Farve will keep his losing streak alive in the cold weather games!! Damn you Vikings!!

broncophan
12-28-2009, 10:53 PM
there we go

bcbronc
12-28-2009, 10:57 PM
Did Jaws really just blame Cutler for 23 of his 26 thrown ints this season? hater.

MOtorboat
12-28-2009, 11:06 PM
Did Jaws really just blame Cutler for 23 of his 26 thrown ints this season? hater.

Oh, the truth hurts, doesn't it...

Now, personally, I blame the defense for his interceptions. If they would force more turnovers and get more touchdowns, Jay Cutler wouldn't have to make bad decisions and force more throws.

Shazam!
12-28-2009, 11:07 PM
A game with 2 QBs I cannot stand.

Ravage!!!
12-28-2009, 11:37 PM

Hey.. I'm a Cutler fan, and I know that Jaws is/was as well. He's done nothing but talk UP Cutler since coming out of college. If anything jaws is a Cutler fan. I also take Jaw's opinion on the play of QBs a great deal. If he watched the game films (and I know he did).. and says that 23 of 26 were his fault, they were.

Doesn't mean that I don't think Cutler is still a top talent.

honz
12-28-2009, 11:44 PM
This game is over. Jay's got his pouty face on.

MOtorboat
12-28-2009, 11:45 PM
This game is over. Jay's got his pouty face on.

So clutch.

BroncoWave
12-28-2009, 11:46 PM
I'd bet money that Cutler throws a pick on the first drive of OT.

bcbronc
12-28-2009, 11:47 PM
I'm thinking fumble.

MOtorboat
12-28-2009, 11:49 PM
I'd bet money that Cutler throws a pick on the first drive of OT.

Well, crap...dude FINALLY made a play. Wish the douche bag would have done this shit when he played for us.

honz
12-28-2009, 11:50 PM
Fuuuuuuuuudge.

honz
12-28-2009, 11:51 PM
Ha! He missed it!

GEM
12-28-2009, 11:52 PM
Bears fans are sticking their heads in bags as we speak.

MOtorboat
12-28-2009, 11:52 PM
lol

GEM
12-28-2009, 11:53 PM
Come on Favre ya wanker! Just win the game and move us up in the draft order.

honz
12-28-2009, 11:54 PM
Fuuuuuuuudge.

BroncoWave
12-28-2009, 11:56 PM
That should have been the pick right there!

MOtorboat
12-28-2009, 11:57 PM
That was a solid 3 and out. Good throw, there by Cutler.

GEM
12-28-2009, 11:58 PM
http://hatersbehatin.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Allen.with.bear.jpg

:laugh:

honz
12-28-2009, 11:59 PM
******* Choklahoman.

honz
12-29-2009, 12:02 AM
Fuuuuuuuuudge.

Gamechanger
12-29-2009, 12:07 AM
he's 2-1 vs. Favre :shocked:

JDL
12-29-2009, 12:10 AM
We are 10th right now then. Chicago plays Detroit next week, have to figure a win there.

So, at worst they are 12th.

Teams of interest

San Francisco (7wins) - Opponents have 2 less wins than Chicago. Need a SF win or for their opponents to win big.

Jacksonville (7wins) - Opponents have the same win total as Chicago. Need a Jacksonville win or for their opponents to win more than Chicago's next week.

IF CHICAGO SHOULD LOSE,

We need Oakland and Buffalo wins. (That's right folks... ANOTHER REASON to root for Oakland!!!)

Seattle is probably irrelevant... their opponents have 4 less wins than Chicago's - when I've done this in the past... a really big swing is 4 wins... it doesn't happen very often in other words.

JDL
12-29-2009, 12:11 AM
Uggh... I can't believe so much of our future is dependent on what Oakland does.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-29-2009, 12:40 AM
What a shame, all we got to see tonight was a good QB lead a team to victory over a superior (talent wise) team.

Shazam!
12-29-2009, 01:53 AM
What a shame, all we got to see tonight was a good QB lead a team to victory over a superior (talent wise) team.

Yeah, Minny's been rock solid the last 3 weeks...

GEM
12-29-2009, 02:01 AM

Kind of like when the Broncos beat the oh let's see....Cowboys, Chargers and Patriots.

It's the same shame to see him lead the league in INT's. It's also the same shame to see his team under 500. It's also a shame to see that a franchise sold it's soul for the likes of a guy whose never been over 500 in his career.

Real shame.

ursamajor
12-29-2009, 02:12 AM
Cutler got a little bit of time, because the LT that should have been there for months handled Allen pretty damned well.

Jay also got the receiver that he has been calling for since the start of training camp. The one that is 6'3", runs a low 4.3, and has a 40" (That is right 40") vert.

DA wiped his hiney with Winfield tonight.

Here hoping that Lovie and Co. get fired.

BroncoBJ
12-29-2009, 02:30 AM
Kind of like when the Broncos beat the oh let's see....Cowboys, Chargers and Patriots.

It's the same shame to see him lead the league in INT's. It's also the same shame to see his team under 500. It's also a shame to see that a franchise sold it's soul for the likes of a guy whose never been over 500 in his career.

Real shame.

We got to see an average QB lead the team in wins over the Cowboys, Chargers, and Patriots. :elefant:

He said " Good QB"

But on a real though. Seeing Cutler win and throw more TD's then INT's pisses me off. :fight:

Plus I lost my fantasy league so that hurt as well.

dogfish
12-29-2009, 03:03 AM
Cutler got a little bit of time, because the LT that should have been there for months handled Allen pretty damned well.

Jay also got the receiver that he has been calling for since the start of training camp. The one that is 6'3", runs a low 4.3, and has a 40" (That is right 40") vert.

DA wiped his hiney with Winfield tonight.

Here hoping that Lovie and Co. get fired.

i've been wondering why they didn't move williams to OLT earlier. . . i thought the guy was right there with clady in that draft class, and pace is CLEARLY done-- they shoulda been getting the guy they spent a high pick on to play left tackle the experience long ago. . .

i didn't know aromishadu had that in him-- he did take winfield to school, and you don't see that too often, even if the guy is a midget. . .

ursamajor
12-29-2009, 03:43 AM
i've been wondering why they didn't move williams to OLT earlier. . . i thought the guy was right there with clady in that draft class, and pace is CLEARLY done-- they shoulda been getting the guy they spent a high pick on to play left tackle the experience long ago. . .

i didn't know aromishadu had that in him-- he did take winfield to school, and you don't see that too often, even if the guy is a midget. . .

IF Williams does actually turn out to be what he looked like tonight, than the lack of early picks in the next draft wont sting quite as much. Cutler seems to have a much better feel of his blindside with Williams at LT than Pace-that is for sure. Maybe from their days playing together at Vandy.

DA has rare physical abilities. With good coaching (Something the Bears currently dont have) he may just become special if he gains the technique to match his talent. Cutler really seems to trust his ability to make a play on the ball. I thought Jay overthrew him on that game winning TD, DA kicked in an extra gear to catch up to that ball. He blew by Winfield like it was nothing on that play. Hell of an adjustment.

Not sure how he will fare against the inevitable double teams, but there should be some good WRs available in FA this off season.

CrazyHorse
12-29-2009, 04:22 AM
Somehow I knew the Vikings would lose this game. Two Quarterbacks I like watching though.

Northman
12-29-2009, 06:44 AM

And yet they are 6-9. :lol:

ursamajor
12-29-2009, 07:04 AM
And yet they are 6-9. :lol:

:( I know, and it makes me sad. I just want to enjoy this moment though. We actually looked like we belonged on MNF for a change.

broncofaninfla
12-29-2009, 07:06 AM
Cutler looked good, I was hoping the Vikings would pull it off but Peterson pulled a Moreno and Cutler capitalized.

Nomad
12-29-2009, 07:16 AM
Thanks Vikings!!:coffee: BTW, I will never root for the Raiders even though it benefits the BRONCOS!!

ursamajor
12-29-2009, 07:19 AM
Am I the only one that heard Childress say in the press conference that Favre's with his audibles "did a good job of getting us out of good, and getting us into bad"

claymore
12-29-2009, 07:41 AM
http://img131.yfrog.com/img131/4461/mopm.jpg

GEM
12-29-2009, 10:16 AM
We got to see an average QB lead the team in wins over the Cowboys, Chargers, and Patriots. :elefant:

He said " Good QB"

But on a real though. Seeing Cutler win and throw more TD's then INT's pisses me off. :fight:

Plus I lost my fantasy league so that hurt as well.

So Cutler is good because he can throw for a ton of yards and has trouble distinguishing his players from the opposition.

Myself personally I distinguish a good qb by wins, and Cutler doesn't have a whole lot in a league of "good qb's". Manning, Brady, McNabb, Warner, Rivers, Ryan, Flacco, Schaub, Rothleshoweveryaspellit, Brees, Favre, Palmer, Rodgers...I would take any one of those QB's before putting Cutler on the field. He doesn't even break the top 13.

GEM
12-29-2009, 10:17 AM
http://img131.yfrog.com/img131/4461/mopm.jpg

Epitome of class, that guy is. Weren't you the one who had a fit over Plummer flipping the bird? :confused: Ohhhh it's ok because Cutler was flipping of a player and not a fan. Gotcha.

GEM
12-29-2009, 10:20 AM

And this is why we should put Olson on the field. You just don't know what a player has until they are on the field in real game time situations. I mean, what's the worst that can happen that isn't already with veterans on the line.

broncophan
12-29-2009, 10:23 AM
So Cutler is good because he can throw for a ton of yards and has trouble distinguishing his players from the opposition.

Myself personally I distinguish a good qb by wins, and Cutler doesn't have a whole lot in a league of "good qb's". Manning, Brady, McNabb, Warner, Rivers, Ryan, Flacco, Schaub, Rothleshoweveryaspellit, Brees, Favre, Palmer, Rodgers...I would take any one of those QB's before putting Cutler on the field. He doesn't even break the top 13.

Cutler has played more than enough games now to show just how inconsistant he is.......and yes.....he has yet to lead his teams to more wins than losses........has not been part of a winning team since his high school days...:confused:........that in itself.......says alot...

RedFalcon
12-29-2009, 10:25 AM
Well, at least we can all agree that last night, with the exception of the interception he threw, Cutler played great! With the poor receivers that he has, with the awful offensive line, he played great, and won the game! Good to him!

GEM
12-29-2009, 10:30 AM
Cutler has played more than enough games now to show just how inconsistant he is.......and yes.....he has yet to lead his teams to more wins than losses........has not been part of a winning team since his high school days...:confused:........that in itself.......says alot...

It's how you lead a team. Can you take a bunch of average players and make them better? Can you put a team on your shoulders in a 2 minute drill and win? Can you take a deficient defense and do what you can to make them better or keep them off the field? Those qb's I mentioned earlier do it week in and week out. 4th year and the league and Cutler still shows no propensity to do any of those things. That's just getting to what he has shown he can't do. His propensity is to actually do worse, by throwing the ball into triple coverage or just throw it between the numbers of the wrong player time and time again and usually at the worst possible time.

GEM
12-29-2009, 10:32 AM
Well, at least we can all agree that last night, with the exception of the interception he threw, Cutler played great! With the poor receivers that he has, with the awful offensive line, he played great, and won the game! Good to him!

If only he could do that consistently. :shrugs: One game doesn't erase a season full of bad ones. That's exactly my point.

Congrats to Cutler on his one game. For a $50mil extension, no draft and the entire city of CHI depending on you, how big is that in the big picture?

RedFalcon
12-29-2009, 10:33 AM
Cutler will learn from his mistakes! This whole year was a process of learning. I'm sure next season, he'll play better. And that's when we, Broncos fans, might feel quite bad for losing him. This year he tried too much, and did too little. But he's smart, and will get over this awful season.

broken12
12-29-2009, 10:34 AM
yep we got recievers that would start on a majority of nfl teams. our offensive line one of the best, doesnt look good due to the fainting goat back there falling over from time to time, yet cutler has wr's that have been coming off practice squads, which wouldnt be starting anywere but chicago, well maybe st louee, and yet he has done a fair job. some of those picks are the recievers not finishing routs as it showed last night when the just stop! he did good, i would take a 4td 1 pick performance over a 0td 4 fg performance anytime!

broncophan
12-29-2009, 10:37 AM
It's how you lead a team. Can you take a bunch of average players and make them better? Can you put a team on your shoulders in a 2 minute drill and win? Can you take a deficient defense and do what you can to make them better or keep them off the field? Those qb's I mentioned earlier do it week in and week out. 4th year and the league and Cutler still shows no propensity to do any of those things. That's just getting to what he has shown he can't do. His propensity is to actually do worse, by throwing the ball into triple coverage or just throw it between the numbers of the wrong player time and time again and usually at the worst possible time.

Yep......he will play well.....and just when you think he has a chance to be one of the better qb's in the league........the real Cutler shows up.....inconsistant.....

The stat they showed last night....10 red zone interceptions over the last 2 seasons.....wow.....that is pretty sad....

GEM
12-29-2009, 10:38 AM
Cutler will learn from his mistakes! This whole year was a process of learning. I'm sure next season, he'll play better. And that's when we, Broncos fans, might feel quite bad for losing him. This year he tried too much, and did too little. But he's smart, and will get over this awful season.

:laugh: We've been saying that for the past 4 years. You throw shit at the wall and expect a different outcome.

RedFalcon
12-29-2009, 10:40 AM
If only he could do that consistently. :shrugs: One game doesn't erase a season full of bad ones. That's exactly my point.

Congrats to Cutler on his one game. For a $50mil extension, no draft and the entire city of CHI depending on you, how big is that in the big picture?

When you have to run for your life, because the O-line cannot protect you, you kinda make mistake, force the throw, and get picked. But look at his stats: Last year he was sacked 11 times, this year he was sacked 33 times. 3 times as much as last year... In the big picture , is pretty bad, but hopefully the Bears will improve the O-line. That's where all starts for Cutler. His receivers aren't Marshall, or Royal, or Scheffler, but they're not that bad also!

GEM
12-29-2009, 10:42 AM
yep we got recievers that would start on a majority of nfl teams. our offensive line one of the best, doesnt look good due to the fainting goat back there falling over from time to time, yet cutler has wr's that have been coming off practice squads, which wouldnt be starting anywere but chicago, well maybe st louee, and yet he has done a fair job. some of those picks are the recievers not finishing routs as it showed last night when the just stop! he did good, i would take a 4td 1 pick performance over a 0td 4 fg performance anytime!

How about taking a 3-5 INT game and a loss? You're picking one game to highlight. Which is laughable in and of itself. How quickly you have forgotten his night games where he's been atrocious. The dumbasses in CHI brought him into a situation where they had nobody around him and they sold the farm to get him so they won't have anyone around him for awhile.

CoachChaz
12-29-2009, 10:43 AM

It's kind of like saying the sun will come up tomorrow. I have no doubt that Cutler can improve upon a 26 INT season. In that regard, I have no doubt that JaMarcus Russell could improve upon that.

Biz1
12-29-2009, 10:45 AM

And to think, our current incompetent GM could have drafted either Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers rather than overpaying for Cutler. The trade I can still live with, but the premature extension was just a boneheaded move.

The win last night doesn't impress me, they barely beat a team that isn't playing well. Minnesota has the most talent in the NFC, but their HC is awful. Brad Childress has been over coaching Brett Favre since October and calling predictable, silly plays. As a result, their running game is suffering and players seem to lack confidence in the offense as a whole.

broncophan
12-29-2009, 10:49 AM
When you have to run for your life, because the O-line cannot protect you, you kinda make mistake, force the throw, and get picked. But look at his stats: Last year he was sacked 11 times, this year he was sacked 33 times. 3 times as much as last year... In the big picture , is pretty bad, but hopefully the Bears will improve the O-line. That's where all starts for Cutler. His receivers aren't Marshall, or Royal, or Scheffler, but they're not that bad also!

Cutler actually does much better when he is on the run.........

All we heard after the trade was how the Bears finally have thier qb......how great Cutler will be with a great running game.......hell.....they even signed Cutler to a huge contract 5 or 6 games into the season.....when he proved nothing........well as the season has played out......we see(what we knew already) and bears fans see what they have.

Olsen is way better than Scheff......and Hester has done better than Royal.....although he has been hurt......yes we do have Marshall.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-29-2009, 10:49 AM

As you state, last year Cutler was sacked 11 times, so he was not running for his life with the Broncos, but he was still very poor in the red zone. Don't you think at some point that Cutler deserves as much or more blame?

GEM
12-29-2009, 10:52 AM
As you state, last year Cutler was sacked 11 times, so he was not running for his life with the Broncos, but he was still very poor in the red zone. Don't you think at some point that Cutler deserves as much or more blame?

No...the blame always goes on those around him. ALWAYS. How do you think he got to be such a spoiled brat.

broken12
12-29-2009, 11:04 AM
How about taking a 3-5 INT game and a loss? You're picking one game to highlight. Which is laughable in and of itself. How quickly you have forgotten his night games where he's been atrocious. The dumbasses in CHI brought him into a situation where they had nobody around him and they sold the farm to get him so they won't have anyone around him for awhile.

and your picking a game were orton, had a highlight game too, orton hasnt done much to win for us, if he would have had that four fumble performance against anyone other than the chefs we would have been doomed! orton hasnt had any turnovers that cost us games, but yet he hasnt had any td's that have won the game for us, except maybe the cowboys game...we owe a lot to the defense and the turnovers they cause to many of our wins!

GEM
12-29-2009, 11:07 AM
and your picking a game were orton, had a highlight game too, orton hasnt done much to win for us, if he would have had that four fumble performance against anyone other than the chefs we would have been doomed! orton hasnt had any turnovers that cost us games, but yet he hasnt had any td's that have won the game for us, except maybe the cowboys game...we owe a lot to the defense and the turnovers they cause to many of our wins!

Here's the difference...Orton is the Broncos QB, Cutler isn't. He isn't coming back. Get over it.

CoachChaz
12-29-2009, 11:09 AM

How many wins would they get for us if they were starting in our own territory on a regular basis after a Cutler INT?

broken12
12-29-2009, 11:11 AM
put it this way, if cutler wasnt here last year we would have been 4-12, we had a horrible defense. what i am saying is we need a qb!

Denver Native (Carol)
12-29-2009, 11:13 AM

Look - Orton had NOTHING to do with him ending up here, and the "BRAT" ending up in Chicago - a team, as they stated last night, was the team Cutler grew up loving. No one will ever convince me that it was just a coincidence that your boy ended up in Chicago. Orton had NOTHING to do with your boy whining his way out of Denver. You should be UPSET with your boy who caused this.

broken12
12-29-2009, 11:40 AM
Look - Orton had NOTHING to do with him ending up here, and the "BRAT" ending up in Chicago - a team, as they stated last night, was the team Cutler grew up loving. No one will ever convince me that it was just a coincidence that your boy ended up in Chicago. Orton had NOTHING to do with your boy whining his way out of Denver. You should be UPSET with your boy who caused this.

orton didnt but mcd did, i mean look at what cassell has done in kc nothing, so the way you guys state things if coach got what he wanted out of the deal we would be 3-13 right? so you say the coach has no faults! cutler a couple of days before this drama started went on 850 koa and talked up mcd, and for mcd going behind his back to try and trade him really shows who is at fault, yeah cutler didnt handle it right but when you go bat for someone and for that person to be secretly betraying you behind your back its hard to trust!

GEM
12-29-2009, 11:43 AM
orton didnt but mcd did, i mean look at what cassell has done in kc nothing, so the way you guys state things if coach got what he wanted out of the deal we would be 3-13 right? so you say the coach has no faults! cutler a couple of days before this drama started went on 850 koa and talked up mcd, and for mcd going behind his back to try and trade him really shows who is at fault, yeah cutler didnt handle it right but when you go bat for someone and for that person to be secretly betraying you behind your back its hard to trust!

It's been well documented that Cutler threw a fit when he found out Shanahan was let go without his imput. :rolleyes: Post some facts in your tired rhetoric. The taking crap out of context and the posting bs to back your points is really beyond ridiculous.

broken12
12-29-2009, 11:48 AM
ummm, i listened to cutler talk about how excited he was to work with mcd that weekend it all started, he said he really liked the ideas that mcd came with and thought they would be a good team, and would do a lot with the offense! so to have someone bat for you and that weekend you tell that person take some time off, so i can make some moves to trade you was totally wrong for the coach to do! yeah cutler acted like a baby! isnt that what manning did this weekend, all qb's are divas and think everything revolves around them, look at manning, brady, and favre, and the way they act when something doesnt go their way!! cutler was backstabbed and to deny it is wrong!

CoachChaz
12-29-2009, 11:49 AM
Here we go with the McDaniels/Cutler drama again. let it go

GEM
12-29-2009, 11:51 AM
I am washing my hands of the Cutler talk. It's not productive to the board.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-29-2009, 12:20 PM

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2009/04/02/2009-04-02_jets_strike_out_on_jay_cutler_as_broncos.html

Publicly, the Jets never acknowledged their interest in Cutler, claiming they were content with the three unproven quarterbacks on the roster. But when the feud between Cutler and new coach Josh McDaniels turned nasty, fueling speculation that he would be traded, the Jets were one of the first teams to call the Broncos to inquire about Cutler's availability.

That was about two weeks ago. On Tuesday night, the Broncos announced they would begin fielding offers. The Jets called again, trying to get in the game, but to no avail. Cutler was interested in only two teams, the Bears and Titans, Cook told ESPN. He grew up in Indiana, rooting for the Bears, and he played college ball in Nashville at Vanderbilt.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-29-2009, 12:33 PM
ummm, i listened to cutler talk about how excited he was to work with mcd that weekend it all started, he said he really liked the ideas that mcd came with and thought they would be a good team, and would do a lot with the offense! so to have someone bat for you and that weekend you tell that person take some time off, so i can make some moves to trade you was totally wrong for the coach to do! yeah cutler acted like a baby! isnt that what manning did this weekend, all qb's are divas and think everything revolves around them, look at manning, brady, and favre, and the way they act when something doesnt go their way!! cutler was backstabbed and to deny it is wrong!

If you weren’t a Jay Cutler fan before, you’re really going to like him now.

Remember how upset Cutler was after his name came up in trade talks over the weekend? Well according to SI.com’s Peter King, Cutler had already asked the Broncos to trade him, long before the events of this weekend took place.

Via Rotoworld.com:

According to SI’s Peter King, Jay Cutler had asked the Broncos to trade him after the team lost offensive coordinator Jim Bates to USC after the season.

Cutler wasn’t happy about losing Bates or head coach Mike Shanahan, and he’s not handling the recent trade talks well at all. It doesn’t look like the Broncos are going to trade Cutler at this point, so, as King suggested, “maybe both sides need to get into marriage counseling.”

You’re kidding me right? Cutler had already asked to be traded after Shanahan and Bates were fired, yet said he was shocked when his name came up in trade talks over the weekend? I guess he still could have been surprised by all the news, but for him to say how upset he was about the whole thing makes him look two-faced with this latest information coming to the table.

If you weren’t a Jay Cutler fan before, you’re really going to like him now.

Remember how upset Cutler was after his name came up in trade talks over the weekend? Well according to SI.com’s Peter King, Cutler had already asked the Broncos to trade him, long before the events of this weekend took place.

Via Rotoworld.com:

According to SI’s Peter King, Jay Cutler had asked the Broncos to trade him after the team lost offensive coordinator Jim Bates to USC after the season.

Cutler wasn’t happy about losing Bates or head coach Mike Shanahan, and he’s not handling the recent trade talks well at all. It doesn’t look like the Broncos are going to trade Cutler at this point, so, as King suggested, “maybe both sides need to get into marriage counseling.”

You’re kidding me right? Cutler had already asked to be traded after Shanahan and Bates were fired, yet said he was shocked when his name came up in trade talks over the weekend? I guess he still could have been surprised by all the news, but for him to say how upset he was about the whole thing makes him look two-faced with this latest information coming to the table.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/dec/30/broncos-cutler-shanahan-firing/

Cutler on Shanahan firing: 'I’m not pleased with it at all'

ENGLEWOOD — Broncos owner Pat Bowlen stunned people across the NFL Tuesday by letting Mike Shanahan go.

And count a surprised, angered quarterback in Jay Cutler among them.

"I'm disappointed, I'm shocked, I'm not happy about it, I'm not pleased with it at all," Cutler said by phone Tuesday. "We had zero inkling this was going to happen. I didn't have a clue."

Cutler was particularly interested to hear what the fate of current quarterbacks coach Jeremy Bates would be. Bates just finished his first year as the team's play-caller on game day.

Already Tuesday, rumors were running rampant through the league the Broncos were going to seek a replacement with a background in offense to continue grooming Cutler.

Northman
12-29-2009, 02:27 PM
Jay Cutler= Vinny Testeverde. End of discussion

titan
12-29-2009, 03:09 PM
I've been rooting against Cutler all year and taking joy in his interceptions mainly because it gives the Broncos a better first round draft choice. For me the Cutler hating is over after this season. If he succeeds in Chicago so be it (at least he's not in the AFC)

Denver Native (Carol)
12-29-2009, 03:24 PM
I've been rooting against Cutler all year and taking joy in his interceptions mainly because it gives the Broncos a better first round draft choice. For me the Cutler hating is over after this season. If he succeeds in Chicago so be it (at least he's not in the AFC)

I for one would LOVE to see Cutler NOT being the main topic on here - neither in hating OR worshiping.

UnderArmour
12-29-2009, 03:38 PM
I for one would LOVE to see Cutler NOT being the main topic on here - neither in hating OR worshiping.

Cutler is the reason for us getting a high first round pick next year though, so this season and in this thread he is the main topic. Next year and there on, I'm rooting for him to beat all the AFC teams he plays except the Broncos.

Traveler
12-29-2009, 03:41 PM
:D Who's Jay Cutler? Never heard of him. Oh, wait! Isn't he that bodybuilder or something? ;)

Traveler
12-29-2009, 03:42 PM
Cutler is the reason for us getting a high first round pick next year though, so this season and in this thread he is the main topic. Next year and there on, I'm rooting for him to beat all the AFC teams he plays except the Broncos.

Do we play the NFC North next season?

Nomad
12-29-2009, 05:04 PM

I hope so because that would mean the BRONCOS play in Minneapolis this time!! And I would surely be there!!

ursamajor
12-29-2009, 07:26 PM

Jay has been improving in the RZ over the last few games. Late in the season true, but something that I have noticed.

Aromashadu let the cat out of the bag that Cutler was constantly changing the plays that Turner was sending in, including the game winner to DA. He saw that the Vikings were in man, and sending in a heavy blitz, and Turner was calling for a run up the middle. Cutler checked out of it and sent both DA and Earl on flies. Jay saw DA even with Winfield, and put the ball out there for DA to make a play on.

They kept showing Turner. Once he was shaking his head, the other he was redfaced. Jay finally gave Ron's crap scheme and philosophies the finger. Kudos Jay.

bcbronc
12-29-2009, 08:33 PM
Jay has been improving in the RZ over the last few games. Late in the season true, but something that I have noticed.

Aromashadu let the cat out of the bag that Cutler was constantly changing the plays that Turner was sending in, including the game winner to DA. He saw that the Vikings were in man, and sending in a heavy blitz, and Turner was calling for a run up the middle. Cutler checked out of it and sent both DA and Earl on flies. Jay saw DA even with Winfield, and put the ball out there for DA to make a play on.

They kept showing Turner. Once he was shaking his head, the other he was redfaced. Jay finally gave Ron's crap scheme and philosophies the finger. Kudos Jay.

agreed. nothing better than a hot-headed qb with decision making issues overriding the coach. :beer:

UnderArmour
12-29-2009, 08:50 PM

Can this be confirmed?

We play the NFC West, but Cutler beating all the AFC teams he plays except the Broncos benefits us.

ursamajor
12-29-2009, 10:55 PM
Can this be confirmed?

We play the NFC West, but Cutler beating all the AFC teams he plays except the Broncos benefits us.

The Audible on the last play is on every major sports site.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=capress-fbn_vikings_bears-026782153&prov=capress&type=lgns

I cant find the link on the CBMB to where DA said Jay was routinely checking out of plays, but when I come across it again I will post it here.

JDL
12-30-2009, 12:48 AM
I would love to see Cutler turn it around and grow up, personally. He has fantastic potential and I hate to see greatly talented players not achieve greatness. It is such a shame.

I'm over the whole offseason and have moved on and I think as time goes by most will move on as well.

Though, I do have expectations that we continue to strive to find a true franchise QB and not settle for an adequate starter (but Orton was never SUPPOSED to be the point of the whole trade.. and people continue to cling to the idea that he was... he was the throw-in... not the main part of the deal.)

broken12
12-30-2009, 01:38 AM
I would love to see Cutler turn it around and grow up, personally. He has fantastic potential and I hate to see greatly talented players not achieve greatness. It is such a shame.

I'm over the whole offseason and have moved on and I think as time goes by most will move on as well.

Though, I do have expectations that we continue to strive to find a true franchise QB and not settle for an adequate starter (but Orton was never SUPPOSED to be the point of the whole trade.. and people continue to cling to the idea that he was... he was the throw-in... not the main part of the deal.)

not according to mcd

pnbronco
12-30-2009, 08:02 AM

Well put JDL, it was not a player for player trade.

I'm over the whole off season too. Actually the only reason I even cared a couple of weeks into the reg season was that posters would use his success as reason to attack Coach and Kyle. I'm just glad we are going to get a good pick out of the deal.

Superchop 7
12-30-2009, 04:44 PM
Ahem....

Unlike the Bronco's......Jay had had to learn to "read" the Mike position.

Obviously.....he is starting to get the hang of it.

honz
12-30-2009, 05:57 PM
not according to mcd

He's supposed to back his QB. I doubt Orton would gain a great deal of confidence if his coach told everyone that he was a throw in of the deal. Please learn how to use common sense and post about more points than simply "McD sucks".