PDA

View Full Version : Rough Day for WR's

missingnumber7
12-28-2009, 11:43 AM
First no Royal hurts takes a big chunk out of the return game and a little bit of a wild card out of the offense.

Then Mckinley goes down. This kid is turning into an OK returner. He's starting to see the seams better and looks like he might break one or two from time to time.

Then the ultimate slap in the face with Stokely getting ejected. Actions very unlike Brandon and his experience. Yes it was PI, and yes the touch was very questionable as the official was stepping towards him as he swung his arm. I'm hopeing that it doesn't result in a suspension.

However, Lloyd didn't appear to play that poorly as a replacement and had 2 nice catches that I saw.

Is Royal a long term deal or was it just a he's not ready this week so we are going to make sure he's ready for next week thing?

Has anyone heard anything about Mckinley, didn't get a chance to see any post game comments and obviously McD might say something about it at the presser.

dogfish
12-28-2009, 01:06 PM
with our receiver corps so banged up, i was hoping we'd look for chef a little more. . .

BroncoWave
12-28-2009, 01:15 PM
I thought Lloyd looked pretty good. I think we would be fine with a Marshall/Stokely/Gaffney/Lloyd WR corps if we were to make the playoffs.

honz
12-28-2009, 01:37 PM
with our receiver corps so banged up, i was hoping we'd look for chef a little more. . .
We did look for Scheff and he proceeded to drop one or two and then didn't fight for the ball when Orton threw it deep to him.

dogfish
12-28-2009, 01:41 PM
We did look for Scheff and he proceeded to drop one or two and then didn't fight for the ball when Orton threw it deep to him.

yea, i guess he did have a couple of drops. . . .

SmilinAssasSin27
12-28-2009, 02:15 PM
Lloyd looked good. the kid has always had talent, but consistency and maturity have been a concern.

As far as Stokley is concerned, he should be suspended. that was stupid and childish on his part.

jjtodd5
12-28-2009, 02:21 PM
I thought Lloyd looked pretty good. I think we would be fine with a Marshall/Stokely/Gaffney/McKinley WR corps if we were to make the playoffs.
I would be fine with that to but McKinleys going on IR.

missingnumber7
12-28-2009, 02:26 PM
Is there a place to view a list of available WR's? Not that we are going to need any, I think that Lloyd fits in fine, as well as using the TE's we may see more of Quinn.

BroncoWave
12-28-2009, 02:58 PM
I would be fine with that to but McKinleys going on IR.

Oops, I meant Lloyd, not McKinley

BroncoWave
12-28-2009, 02:59 PM
Lloyd looked good. the kid has always had talent, but consistency and maturity have been a concern.

As far as Stokley is concerned, he should be suspended. that was stupid and childish on his part.

:eek: you cannot be serious! He barely grazed the ref's hand and it was inadvertent at that. It would be flat out ridiculous if he is suspended for that.

missingnumber7
12-28-2009, 03:33 PM
:eek: you cannot be serious! He barely grazed the ref's hand and it was inadvertent at that. It would be flat out ridiculous if he is suspended for that.

This plus...if you look at the Giants/Cowboys, Giants/Eagles, and Giants/Redskins games this year they all had fights and ejections...and in none of those cases were players suspended.

Watch the video of the whole incident again. The official is not saying a word to Brandon...just pointing to the sideline and walking towards him as he swings his arm. He just clipped his finger...and barely at that. Add to the fact that Stokely had his jersey excessivly grabbed...i think he doesn't get suspended, plus the official WILL be reprimanded.

camdisco24
12-28-2009, 03:39 PM

woah now.... Yes he "touched" the ref but it was not his intent. If he went up to the guy and slapped him, then suspend him. But that was clearly an accident so there is no need for further action IMO. Ejection was enough.

Anyways, speaking of WR's... Gaffney was on his game yesterday. He really stepped up. How long did we sign him for?

missingnumber7
12-28-2009, 03:46 PM
<object width="580" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X0vlRkdlpSU&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X0vlRkdlpSU&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="580" height="360"></embed></object>

jjtodd5
12-28-2009, 04:21 PM
Anyways, speaking of WR's... Gaffney was on his game yesterday. He really stepped up. How long did we sign him for?

Gaffney signed a 4 year deal according to Rotoworld. http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?id=1716&sport=NFL

If Royal picks it up again and we can bring Marshall back, we'd have a great 3 reciever set for the next couple years.

SmilinAssasSin27
12-28-2009, 05:11 PM

Rule #1: You don't touch the refs. PERIOD. No excuse for what he did You say it was accidental and maybe he didn't mean to make contact, but DID HE RUN 30 YARDS TO GET IN HIS FACE? Unacceptable.

BroncoWave
12-28-2009, 05:18 PM
Rule #1: You don't touch the refs. PERIOD. No excuse for what he did You say it was accidental and maybe he didn't mean to make contact, but DID HE RUN 30 YARDS TO GET IN HIS FACE? Unacceptable.

Unless there is a rule that mandates a suspension for touching a ref, you are flat out wrong. Sorry.

If it's up to the discretion of the commissioner, he would be an idiot to suspend him because it clearly wasn't intentional.

Thankfully for us, it was Stokley instead of Marshall. The commissioner would probably have suspended him for looking at the ref wrong.

SmilinAssasSin27
12-28-2009, 05:25 PM
And this commish is not about setting precedent when it comes to rules safety for all parties, right?

BroncoWave
12-28-2009, 05:32 PM
And this commish is not about setting precedent when it comes to rules safety for all parties, right?

:lol: yeah, that ref was sooooo unsafe!

dogfish
12-28-2009, 05:32 PM
meh. . . missing one game due to the ejection should be more than enough-- you never can tell with the new commish, but i'd be pretty surprised if they tacked on an additional suspension. . .

SmilinAssasSin27
12-28-2009, 05:35 PM
:lol: yeah, that ref was sooooo unsafe!

He was not at all unsafe, but has that stopped Godell in the past? Dude is all about establishing his dominance. Maybe that is out of his system now as I thought for sure there would be a handful of suspensions from the Giants/Skins game, but I still wouldn't be surprised if Stokley feels the wrath...if not simly as punishment for him, but as a message for all others.

jjtodd5
12-28-2009, 05:37 PM
I would be shocked if stokely gets suspended. I had to watch it a couple times to even see that he touched the ref at all.

BroncoWave
12-28-2009, 05:41 PM
He was not at all unsafe, but has that stopped Godell in the past? Dude is all about establishing his dominance. Maybe that is out of his system now as I thought for sure there would be a handful of suspensions from the Giants/Skins game, but I still wouldn't be surprised if Stokley feels the wrath...if not simly as punishment for him, but as a message for all others.

Wait, now I'm confused. First you said YOU think he should be suspended, then you said if Goodell does suspend him, it will only be because he wants to establish his dominance. Which one is it?

SmilinAssasSin27
12-28-2009, 06:24 PM
Wait, now I'm confused. First you said YOU think he should be suspended, then you said if Goodell does suspend him, it will only be because he wants to establish his dominance. Which one is it?

I feel he should be. Don't try to switch my words. You don't touch the refs.

missingnumber7
12-29-2009, 09:27 AM

So if this is true why didn't Ohara get suspended for throwing a punch. Or Jacobs get Ejected for throwing a punch, or Haynesworth, who has a history, get ejected and suspended? If Stokely gets suspended...I'm crying Foul and quite loudly.