8) PIT loss + BAL loss + JAC loss + NYJ loss

9) PIT loss + HOU loss + JAC loss + NYJ loss

10) MIA loss or tie + NYJ loss + BAL loss + HOU loss + JAC loss or tie

NightTrainLayne
12-28-2009, 12:10 PM
Well. . .virtually every game next week will be worth watching at least. .. :D

CoachChaz
12-28-2009, 12:15 PM
Scenario #3 is probably the only realistic one. Unless Oakland pulls off another trick

UnderArmour
12-28-2009, 12:31 PM
Oh well. At least we get a top 15 draft pick if none of this works out.

BroncoWave
12-28-2009, 12:40 PM
Scenario #3 is probably the only realistic one. Unless Oakland pulls off another trick

I wouldn't say #2 is out of the question either. Miami could pull one off against Pitt. I'm still not sold on Pitt, myself. They really should have lost to GB and had Baltimore not absolutely imploded on themselves yesterday, they win that game by 20 points easily. And seeing as Miami still has one playoff scenario (albeit a huge longshot) they will still be playing to win I would assume.

Basically what it comes down to other than that though, is we gotta hope NE rests their starters against Houston and Cincy doesn't rest theirs against NY. That, or hope that Oakland can pull another upset.

broncophan
12-28-2009, 12:43 PM
So.....we could be very interested in the outcome of next Sunday's night game.........bengals/jets....

broken12
12-28-2009, 12:43 PM
first off cinci wont win, or try and win! if they win they get baltimore which is dumb. cinci wont win so scratch them scenarios...we need the raiders to pull a miracle to get in!

JONtheBRONCO
12-28-2009, 12:45 PM
Cincy won't rest starters. They are fighting for a #3 seed. The bad news? Cincy has never won in the meadow lands.

broncophan
12-28-2009, 12:46 PM
first off cinci wont win, or try and win! if they win they get baltimore which is dumb. cinci wont win so scratch them scenarios...we need the raiders to pull a miracle to get in!

I am sure Cincy is scared to death of Baltimore......Cincy beat them both games they played this year...:rolleyes:

Nomad
12-28-2009, 12:51 PM

Raiders will throw the game to spite the BRONCOS!!

Bengals never won in the Meadowlands, well hopefully this game will be their first!! Dolphins won't win!!

Most importantly, BRONCOS have to show up and win!! I'll be highly pissed if they lose this game regardless of the playoff picture!!

BroncoWave
12-28-2009, 12:53 PM
One thing that's interesting about Cincy getting their game flexed to Sunday Night, and one thing that could potentially help/hurt us is that they will know exactly who they would play if they won and if they lost.

Hopefully they'll see that a win would give them a game against us and they'll want to try to avenge that week 1 loss and they'll go out and play their starters against NY. Probably just wishful thinking but it would be cool.

BroncoWave
12-28-2009, 12:54 PM
Raiders will throw the game to spite the BRONCOS!!

Bengals never won in the Meadowlands, well hopefully this game will be their first!! Dolphins won't win!!

Most importantly, BRONCOS have to show up and win!! I'll be highly pissed if they lose this game regardless of the playoff picture!!

I still don't see why everyone is so certain Pitt will beat Miami. They have not played a good game since they beat US in week 9. If Miami plays well, I see no reason why they couldn't beat Pitt.

broncophan
12-28-2009, 01:00 PM
I still don't see why everyone is so certain Pitt will beat Miami. They have not played a good game since they beat US in week 9. If Miami plays well, I see no reason why they couldn't beat Pitt.

I think for me anyhow.......they are the superbowl champs and their backs have been to the wall.....at least the last two weeks.....and have found a way to win...and Miami is the lesser opponent compared to GB and Balt.

Nomad
12-28-2009, 01:02 PM

I don't know I just think the Steelers will win...you have to pick a team!!

Maybe it'll be another 'mud game' between these two!!

BroncoWave
12-28-2009, 01:03 PM
I think for me anyhow.......they are the superbowl champs and their backs have been to the wall.....at least the last two weeks.....and have found a way to win...and Miami is the lesser opponent compared to GB and Balt.

Did you watch the game yesterday, that had nothing to do with Pitt finding a way to win. Baltimore absolutely imploded. They had 2 TD's called back on stupid penalties and 1 TD lost on a dropped pass by a WIDE OPEN Derrick Mason. On those 3 drives, they wound up with 3 points instead of 21. They get those 3 TD's, that game is not even close. Assuming Miami doesn't also self-destruct next week, I think they will be right in that game with a chance to win at the end.

Nomad
12-28-2009, 01:05 PM

Well, the Steelers had alot of help yesterday from the zebras and Derrick Mason!! But I agree, Miami will have to prove to be the better team by winning until then I believe the Steelers win!

I believe the BRONCOS win, Steelers win, Ravens win, Patriots win and Jets win!

broncophan
12-28-2009, 01:07 PM
Did you watch the game yesterday, that had nothing to do with Pitt finding a way to win. Baltimore absolutely imploded. They had 2 TD's called back on stupid penalties and 1 TD lost on a dropped pass by a WIDE OPEN Derrick Mason. On those 3 drives, they wound up with 3 points instead of 21. They get those 3 TD's, that game is not even close. Assuming Miami doesn't also self-destruct next week, I think they will be right in that game with a chance to win at the end.

yea.......didn't see all of it....but good/great teams find a way to win........don't get me wrong......would love to see the fish win....

BroncoWave
12-28-2009, 01:09 PM
yea.......didn't see all of it....but good/great teams find a way to win........don't get me wrong......would love to see the fish win....

And I'm simply saying that it helps those good/great teams when the team on the other side of the field is self-destructing. I just think that Baltimore lost that game way more than Pitt won it.

broncophan
12-28-2009, 01:11 PM
And I'm simply saying that it helps those good/great teams when the team on the other side of the field is self-destructing. I just think that Baltimore lost that game way more than Pitt won it.

yep...ok then.......here's hoping to mistake free football from the dolphins......

Shazam!
12-28-2009, 01:47 PM
Broncs gotta beat KC first, and KC would love to beat Denver at home in their finale and ruin any chance at the Playoffs and avenge their own home blowout. I know Denver should win, but at this point anything is possible.

SmilinAssasSin27
12-28-2009, 02:08 PM
Bengals will lay down. Jets are in along w/ Bmore.

getlynched47
12-28-2009, 02:41 PM
DenverBroncos.com Postseason Scenarios:

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/postseason-scenarios/

Entering Week 17, the Broncos are in the thick of the postseason conversation. Here are the official scenarios that were released by the NFL on Monday morning.

Baltimore, the New York Jets, Denver, Pittsburgh and Houston can make the playoffs if they tie this week, with various other things happening. Jacksonville and Miami cannot make the playoffs with a tie.

Here’s how Denver clinches a playoff spot:
- DEN win + NYJ loss or tie + BAL loss or tie
- DEN win + NYJ loss or tie + PIT loss or tie
- DEN win + NYJ loss or tie + HOU win
- DEN win + BAL loss or tie + PIT loss or tie
- DEN win + BAL loss or tie + HOU win
- PIT loss + BAL loss + HOU loss + JAC loss
- PIT loss + BAL loss + HOU loss + NYJ loss
- PIT loss + BAL loss + JAC loss + NYJ loss
- PIT loss + HOU loss + JAC loss + NYJ loss
- MIA loss or tie + NYJ loss + BAL loss + HOU loss + JAC loss or tie

CoachChaz
12-28-2009, 02:46 PM
I just dont see Cincy laying down to the Jets. If the Jets win, Cincy plays them again the next week. Why would you want to give ANY opponent ANY kind fo confidence going into a playoff game? Doesnt make sense.

JDL
12-28-2009, 02:59 PM
The only scenario where I can see the Bengals trying to win is if they REALLY want to play Denver again.

I don't think that is going to be the case. They have a very good chance of being in a situation where if they lose (it is about 60-70%) they would face the Jets... well, remember when we had that same scenario with Indy. They played backups, got Denver's best punch, but then rolled us the next week. The reason you do that is the Bengals would have direct film of EXACTLY what the Jets wanted to do, and the Jets would only get game film of a very vanilla offense/base defense scheme.

I think our best hope is that Larry Johnson has a big day. Just sucks because Indy gave up the Def TD and SP TDs which was really the difference... ugh.

SmilinAssasSin27
12-28-2009, 05:04 PM
I just dont see Cincy laying down to the Jets. If the Jets win, Cincy plays them again the next week. Why would you want to give ANY opponent ANY kind fo confidence going into a playoff game? Doesnt make sense.

Why would you show your hand only to give them an entire week to adjust?

BroncoWave
12-28-2009, 05:07 PM
Another reason the Bengals might not want to rest their starters is because the 3 seed is better to have than the 4 seed on the off chance that both of those teams were to reach the conference championship, as that would give them a home game.

BroncoWave
12-28-2009, 05:08 PM
Why would you show your hand only to give them an entire week to adjust?

But if they beat the Jets this week they don't have to worry about seeing them again.

Medford Bronco
12-28-2009, 05:13 PM
BTW who does Cincy have as a backup QB. (I am too lazy to look it up)

I hope he is better than that puke Painter from Indy.

BroncoWave
12-28-2009, 05:15 PM
BTW who does Cincy have as a backup QB. (I am too lazy to look it up)

I hope he is better than that puke Painter from Indy.

J.T. O'Sullivan is the backup, so at least it's someone with NFL experience. Carson's little brother Jordan is the 3rd stringer.

SmilinAssasSin27
12-28-2009, 05:17 PM
But if they beat the Jets this week they don't have to worry about seeing them again.

But I'll say the same that I said for Indy. Would ya wanna face the Jets or Pittsburgh?

BroncoWave
12-28-2009, 05:23 PM
But I'll say the same that I said for Indy. Would ya wanna face the Jets or Pittsburgh?

By that point, they will know who their opponent would be. Let's just say for arguments sake that a win by them would guarantee they get the Broncos in the first round. Think they'd rather play the Jets for a second week in a row, or get revenge for what they feel was a fluke loss in week one? I think it's pretty simple.

Plus, like I said, the 3 seed has it's advantages over the 4. Let's say the Pats lose to Houston. If Cincy gets the 3, they would play SD in the second round and NE would play Indy. NE is VERY capable of beating Indy which would give the Bengals a home game in the AFCCG if they beat SD.

SmilinAssasSin27
12-28-2009, 05:28 PM
If "revenge" over the more dangerous team is the reason they prefer to face us than the much weaker Jets, than that'st stupid of Cincy.

And I would aklso say first things first. The 3 or 4 seeds should never assume anyone above them is going to lose. You can only control what you can control. If you prefer to play the Jets than the Steelers, Broncos, etc, then you make it happen.