PDA

View Full Version : If Houston wins and we win..

Tom Nalen
12-27-2009, 08:04 PM
we are in the playoffs as the sixth seed.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-27-2009, 08:08 PM
We don't deserve the playoffs this year, I don't want to see the Broncos go in there and get killed in game one, I'd rather have us try again next year.

broncophan
12-27-2009, 08:09 PM
We don't deserve the playoffs this year, I don't want to see the Broncos go in there and get killed in game one, I'd rather have us try again next year.

I get so sick of seeing comments like this.....

Tom Nalen
12-27-2009, 08:10 PM
I am not ready to stop watching the broncos play football.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-27-2009, 08:11 PM
NE @ Houston
Bal @ Oakland
Pitt @ Miami
KC @ Denver

What do you think the odds are of us making the playoffs?

JDL
we are in the playoffs as the sixth seed.

Not true.

Houston gets knocked out at the conference record stage. Tiebreaker process starts over.

Houston is basically irrelevant unless Baltimore or NY Jets lose

If one of those teams loses then the other gets the 5th seed and THEN and only then can you have the Pit/Hou/Den 3-way we can win.

Sorry... it is a ridiculous long-shot now for us to go.

HORSEPOWER 56

He's right, though. If we can't beat playoff teams in December, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

Tom Nalen
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=currentstandings

if houston wins and we win..we are in..the other results dont matter.

Medford Bronco
12-27-2009, 08:12 PM
NE @ Houston
Bal @ Oakland
Pitt @ Miami
KC @ Denver

What do you think the odds are of us making the playoffs?

NE could lie down in there game so they get the 4 seed and rest Brady.

It aint over yet.

Jets are no guaranty to beat Cincy either.

Miami is going to get squashed by Pitt

Northman
12-27-2009, 08:15 PM

I agree. A couple of years ago i saw people rooting for us to lose for better draft position. Its so sad to see stuff like that.

If thats what we need next week than ill be pulling for Houston.

broncophan
12-27-2009, 08:18 PM
He's right, though. If we can't beat playoff teams in December, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

If our team is good enough to make the playoffs.....we will go.....I don't care if we go 0-4 in December.We "deserve" to go if after the 16 game season.....we are one of the top teams.....according to league rules...
none of this bs....I would rather not go....and try again next year garbage....you have got to be kidding me....

JONtheBRONCO
12-27-2009, 08:20 PM
We are 8-7 with a 6-5 conference record.

Ravens 8-7 with a 6-5 conference record.

Houston and Pitt are both 8-7 with 5-6 conference records.

Jets are 8-7 with a 6-5 conference record but are 2-4 in the division, we are 3-2 in the division.

I could be completely wrong here but i thought it went by record, then conference, then division, the heads up tie breaker.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-27-2009, 08:20 PM

Yet you keep reading them and responding. :tsk:

JDL
12-27-2009, 08:22 PM

Jets win and there in - no matter what.

So,

Say Baltimore, Denver and Houston tie...

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.

(NOT APPLICABLE)

2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)

(NOT APPLICABLE)

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

HOUSTON ELIMINATED - See bolded-enlarged text above. We revert to two-club tiebreaker because Denver and Baltimore both have 5 conference losses while Houston has 6. THIS DOES NOT PROCEED TO STEP 4, YOU START OVER.

4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9. Best net points in conference games.
10. Best net points in all games.
11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
12. Coin toss

When the first Wild-Card team has been identified, the procedure is repeated to name the second Wild-Card, i.e., eliminate all but the highest-ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. In situations where three or more teams from the same division are involved in the procedure, the original seeding of the teams remains the same for subsequent applications of the tie breaker if the top-ranked team in that division qualifies for a Wild-Card berth.

So, unless I am missing something about the NFL Rules posted above... then it is what it is and the non-league playoff generator is incorrect.

broncophan
12-27-2009, 08:24 PM
Yet you keep reading them and responding. :tsk:

Never said other opinions could not be posted.....:confused:

JONtheBRONCO
12-27-2009, 08:24 PM
Right now the wildcards are the the Broncos at #5, and the Jets at #6. Ravens are #7. If the Ravens, Jets and the Broncos win next week, I would imagine it would be the Ravens @ 5 and the Broncos @ 6, over the Jets because we would have a better divisional record.

JONtheBRONCO
12-27-2009, 08:25 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8147d1c0&template=no-right-rail-with-comments&confirm=true

camdisco24
12-27-2009, 08:25 PM

Any "fan" who doesnt want to see their team in the playoffs needs to go jump on another bandwagon. I dont care if we "deserve it" or not, every single team that makes the playoffs is apart of an elite bunch and I want to be in THAT BUNCH. Who cares if we lose in the first round? After everything this team overcame during the offseason, making the playoffs would put a huge smile on my face and I'm sure other true Bronco fans would agree.

Broncos fans are better than what i've seen on this board today. Come on guys!

:salute:

Tom Nalen
12-27-2009, 08:26 PM
guys..just use the link i provided..if the jets win, ravens win, steelers win, broncos win and the Texans win..ravens get the fifth and we get the sixth.

Northman
12-27-2009, 08:28 PM
Jets win and there in - no matter what.

So,

Say Baltimore, Denver and Houston tie...

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.

(NOT APPLICABLE)

2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)

(NOT APPLICABLE)

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

HOUSTON ELIMINATED - See bolded-enlarged text above. We revert to two-club tiebreaker because Denver and Baltimore both have 5 conference losses while Houston has 6. THIS DOES NOT PROCEED TO STEP 4, YOU START OVER.

4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
9. Best net points in conference games.
12. Coin toss

When the first Wild-Card team has been identified, the procedure is repeated to name the second Wild-Card, i.e., eliminate all but the highest-ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. In situations where three or more teams from the same division are involved in the procedure, the original seeding of the teams remains the same for subsequent applications of the tie breaker if the top-ranked team in that division qualifies for a Wild-Card berth.

So, unless I am missing something about the NFL Rules posted above... then it is what it is and the non-league playoff generator is incorrect.

NFL.com has the Jets and Denver as the wildcards right now.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8147d1c0&template=no-right-rail-with-comments&confirm=true

Watchthemiddle
12-27-2009, 08:28 PM

Any team that makes the playoffs deserves it...and some that don't make it like NE last year deserved it based off of going 11-5.

Any "fan" that says their team doesn't deserve to go to the playoffs is a sick fan. I would much rather watch my team play 17 games than 16. All it takes is to get hot in one game and who knows what could happen..just ask AZ last year.

broncobryce
12-27-2009, 08:29 PM
We better get in the playoffs.

Devilspawn
12-27-2009, 08:31 PM
Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format).

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
9. Best net points in common games.
12. Coin toss

I got this from NFL.com. If I'm not mistaken, it's not a head to head like a Pitt/Bal vs. Denver, but a head to head as if all of these playoff teams are in the same division and the two teams with the highest % amongst the teams get it.

One thing that is certain is that the Jets get in if they win, regardless.

Assuming the four 8-7 teams win next week:

Denver (0-2, 0.00)
Houston (0-0)
Pitt (2-1, .667)
Baltimore (2-1, .667)

Denver and Houston get eliminated from this scenario, and then comes down to Pitt and Baltimore, which reverts back to divisional record, which goes to the Ravens who have a better record.

I don't think the Texans game matters. It looks like the Jets and Ravens control their own destiny. Denver gets in if they win and Baltimore AND Pittsburgh lose, not one or the other I THINK.

This is my own calculation and can be wrong. I for one will pray for you guys as you may hve to join the Dark Side and root for you know who. :elefant:

Tom Nalen
12-27-2009, 08:32 PM
I reiterate...use the link provided by yahoo sports.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-27-2009, 08:35 PM
Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format).

5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
12. Coin toss

I got this from NFL.com. If I'm not mistaken, it's not a head to head like a Pitt/Bal vs. Denver, but a head to head as if all of these playoff teams are in the same division and the two teams with the highest % amongst the teams get it.

Denver (0-2, 0.00)
Houston (0-0)
Pitt (2-1, .667)
Baltimore (2-1, .667)

Denver and Houston get eliminated from this scenario, and then comes down to Pitt and Baltimore, which reverts back to divisional record, which goes to the Ravens who have a better record.

I don't think the Texans game matters. It looks like the Jets and Ravens control their own destiny. Denver gets in if they win and Baltimore AND Pittsburgh lose, not one or the other I THINK.

This is my own calculation and can be wrong. I for one will pray for you guys as you may hve to join the Dark Side and root for you know who. :elefant:

I will never root for the ******* raiders.

camdisco24
12-27-2009, 08:35 PM
You sound like a ******* idiot right now, bandwagon? I was a broncos die hard before your mother decided not to swallow you, don't ever question my fandom you little faggot you don't even know me.

Go **** yourself.

Calm down man. There's going to be alot of people on here questioning your fandom if you continue to make comments on "deserving" to make the playoffs. I hate it when fans diss their own team. Sorry I like to be positive. :coffee:

jrelway
12-27-2009, 08:36 PM
none of this shit matters if we lose next week. i wont be a bit surprised if the chiefs end up beatin us down next week.

JDL
12-27-2009, 08:38 PM
I reiterate...use the link provided by yahoo sports.

Check your link... it is now updated to current. Your scenario puts Baltimore and New York in... thanks.

jrelway
12-27-2009, 08:38 PM
Calm down man. There's going to be alot of people on here questioning your fandom if you continue to make comments on "deserving" to make the playoffs. I hate it when fans diss their own team. Sorry I like to be positive. :coffee:

its called being pissed off after a loss. not everyone can stay positive after a loss like this. dont call out anyones fanhood.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-27-2009, 08:40 PM

Questioning my fandom and "being positive" are quite dissimilar, and I never "dissed my own team" I said my team doesn't deserve to got to the playoffs which is true as we've lost seven of our last nine games, it's not about starting fast it's about finishing strong. If you can't finish you don't deserve to be playing past december.

JDL
12-27-2009, 08:40 PM
Three or More Clubs

5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
12. Coin toss

Denver (0-2, 0.00)
Houston (0-0)
Pitt (2-1, .667)
Baltimore (2-1, .667)

You quoted the wrong tibreaker... that is the tiebreaker for division opponents. See my post above.

camdisco24
12-27-2009, 08:43 PM
its called being pissed off after a loss. not everyone can stay positive after a loss like this. dont call out anyones fanhood.

I dont expect everyone to be positive, but this whole "deserving" thing just blows my mind. I dont mean to call out anyone's fanhood, but i just expect better from fans who I believe are the best in the NFL. And the name callling on the board today has been insane. So sad.

camdisco24
12-27-2009, 08:46 PM
Questioning my fandom and "being positive" are quite dissimilar, and I never "dissed my own team" I said my team doesn't deserve to got to the playoffs which is true as we've lost seven of our last nine games, it's not about starting fast it's about finishing strong. If you can't finish you don't deserve to be playing past december.

Like I said above, I dont mean to question anyone's fanhood. You wouldnt be here if you werent a Bronco fan. (Unless you're a troll, which you're not) We are just going to have to agree to disagree on the whole "deserving" thing because I would never support your logic on that one.

And this whole name calling thing is so childish... we are better fans than that.

Tom Nalen
12-27-2009, 08:55 PM
According to yahoo sports...its win and we are in.

JDL
12-27-2009, 08:58 PM
According to yahoo sports...its win and we are in.

Did you use your playoff generator again? If you click on week 17 and click all the 8-7 teams to win... Ravens and Jets are in... NOT Denver, that means that Denver does not control their own destiny... unless something is being badly misinterpreted in the league rules and I would love to see what that is, but it is doubtful... NFL.com has not updated their site and people just really don't seem to understand tiebreaking procedures. I would love it if I was wrong... but the rules are as stated above and a lot of fans are in for a rude awakening I believe.

Devilspawn
12-27-2009, 09:03 PM
ESPN is saying that the Jets and Ravens control their own destiny. The other online tiebreakers may not be updated yet.

Tom Nalen
12-27-2009, 09:04 PM
damn my last refresh did it..ugh I really wanted to believe otherwise :(

camdisco24
12-27-2009, 09:05 PM
Im no confused right now... I think the yahoo one is off actually.
Right now the NFL one has us seeded at #5... I'm going to believe that one since it is on NFL.com. Im having a hard time following all the rules with as close as it is. Some of the tie breakers are tough to judge.

Northman
12-27-2009, 09:07 PM
Im no confused right now... I think the yahoo one is off actually.
Right now the NFL one has us seeded at #5... I'm going to believe that one since it is on NFL.com. Im having a hard time following all the rules with as close as it is. Some of the tie breakers are tough to judge.

Yea, NFL.com has us a 6th seed. Bmore has more division losses than us so i dont know if that is how they are determining it. Either way, anything can happen but Denver needs to win first and foremost.

JDL
12-27-2009, 09:08 PM
Like I said...

Step 1

Jets or Ravens have to lose

Step 2

Texans have to win or Steelers have to lose

Step 3

Denver obviously must win.

We may know our fate before kickoff as the only other late game I believe of importance is the Ravens traveling to the west coast to face Oakland.

We need Jets to lose early and either Texans win or Steelers loss early... then our game will be win and in.... if Jets win, then we need Baltimore to lose while we play KC.

camdisco24
12-27-2009, 09:09 PM
We are higher than the jets because of our division record.
We are higher than the Ravens because of Division record as well. (EDIT: Technically we have a better record since we are 3-2 they are 3-3)
We are higher than HOU, PIT because of Conference record.

Thats what im seeing right now.

JDL
12-27-2009, 09:10 PM
Yea, NFL.com has us a 6th seed. Bmore has more division losses than us so i dont know if that is how they are determining it. Either way, anything can happen but Denver needs to win first and foremost.

Division record does not matter for tiebreaker for Wildcard team determination... unless it is two division opponents. Which is not the case this year. It is probably the reason NFL.com is screwed up right now, but it is not correct.

Tom Nalen
12-27-2009, 09:10 PM
So after reading all the tie breaking articles I have come up with:

We make the playoffs with a Broncos win + Jets loss or Baltimore loss and a Houston win

or if 2 of the four remaining 8-7 teams lose.

Northman
12-27-2009, 09:11 PM
Division record does not matter for tiebreaker for Wildcard team determination... unless it is two division opponents. Which is not the case this year. It is probably the reason NFL.com is screwed up right now, but it is not correct.

Maybe, but they are a valid site. Ill check it again tomorrow when the dust settles.

JDL
12-27-2009, 09:12 PM
http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

When you read the above... please skip past the first set of tiebreakers... it is for breaking a tie within the division... proceed to the BIG bolded section that states

"TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM"

Division record is not part of this tiebreaker sequence and is irrelevant.

camdisco24
12-27-2009, 09:13 PM

Oh... well im off then. I thought Div record came into play for tiebreakers.

JDL
12-27-2009, 09:16 PM
Oh... well im off then. I thought Div record came into play for tiebreakers.

It does... just not for wildcard purposes unless you are breaking a tie with two division opponents. It appears that is the issue at NFL.com, but word is already spreading and things have been corrected on yahoo and ESPN.

Northman
12-27-2009, 09:21 PM
It does... just not for wildcard purposes unless you are breaking a tie with two division opponents. It appears that is the issue at NFL.com, but word is already spreading and things have been corrected on yahoo and ESPN.

Yea, i see it now.

The most likely senario for us to get in is to have Miami beat Pitt, Oakland beat Bmore (which the Faid have at home and have been playing better), and most likely the Bengals will sit some of their players so the Jets will probably win that game. So the key is to have Denver win, and have Pitt and Bmore lose. Both which are very possible.

camdisco24
12-27-2009, 09:24 PM

Gotcha, now im depressed... haha
We need a miracle. But im not giving up hope!

Denver Native (Carol)
12-27-2009, 09:26 PM
Someone please explain this. This was updated on NFL.com tonight at 8:00 pm ET, and it states if the season ended today - they show us playing Cincinnati, so if we win next week, how would that change?

JDL
12-27-2009, 09:29 PM
Yea, i see it now.

The most likely senario for us to get in is to have Miami beat Pitt, Oakland beat Bmore (which the Faid have at home and have been playing better), and most likely the Bengals will sit some of their players so the Jets will probably win that game. So the key is to have Denver win, and have Pitt and Bmore lose. Both which are very possible.

Personally, I lost a lot of faith in NFL.com based on NFL Network.

But, to complicate matters... (though there seems to be an issue at the common opponent tiebreaker)

FOR THE FIVE TEAMS TIED AT 8-7:

* RAVENS win AFC North tiebreaker over STEELERS (division record).
* BRONCOS, JETS and RAVENS win tiebreaker over TEXANS (conference record).
* BRONCOS win tiebreaker over JETS and RAVENS (strength of victory).
* — BRONCOS earn No. 5 spot. RAVENS win AFC North tiebreaker over STEELERS (division record).
* JETS and RAVENS win tiebreaker over TEXANS (conference record).
* JETS win tiebreaker over RAVENS (strength of victory).
* — JETS earn No. 6 spot. RAVENS win AFC North tiebreaker over STEELERS (division record).
* RAVENS win tiebreaker over TEXANS (conference record).
* — RAVENS earn No. 7 spot. TEXANS win tiebreaker over STEELERS (record vs. common opponents).
— TEXANS earn No. 8 spot.

From FoxSports.... I would sure love to be wrong.. but this is THEIR reasoning for it... there seems to be an issue at the Common Opponent tiebreaker

Northman
12-27-2009, 09:30 PM
Someone please explain this. This was updated on NFL.com tonight at 8:00 pm ET, and it states if the season ended today - they show us playing Cincinnati, so if we win next week, how would that change?

NFL.com is wrong. As much as i would like for them to be right it really wouldnt make sense considering our losses to Pitt and Bmore in straight up games.

JONtheBRONCO
12-27-2009, 09:36 PM
Basically, we need to win and root for:

The Bengals over the Jets; the Pats over the the Texans; the Ravens over the Raiders; the Dolphins over the Steelers.

OR

The Bengals over the Jets; the Ravens over the Raiders; the Steelers over the Dolphins; the Texans over the Pats

Those are the two most realistic scenarios in terms of talent and who could probably beat who.

OR

Just root for all the home teams next week.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-27-2009, 09:40 PM
NFL.com is wrong. As much as i would like for them to be right it really wouldnt make sense considering our losses to Pitt and Bmore in straight up games.

Here's another one:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace/seeds

Within that link it says:

AFC Playoff tiebreakers

* New England earns the No. 3 seed over Cincinnati based on strength of victory (.433 to Bengals' .403).
* Denver earns the No. 5 seed over N.Y. Jets and Baltimore based on strength of victory (.513 to Jets' .492 and Ravens' .387) and conference record over Houston (6-5 to Texans' 5-6).
* N.Y. Jets earn the No. 6 seed over Baltimore and Houston based on strength of victory (.492 to Ravens' .387 and Texans' .392).
* Baltimore finishes ahead of Houston based on conference record (6-5 over Texans' 5-6).
* Houston finishes ahead of Pittsburgh based on common games (3-1 over Steelers' 1-3).

Timmy!
12-27-2009, 09:43 PM
:lol:

Nobody knows. Great fun.

JDL
12-27-2009, 09:45 PM
[QUOTE=JDL;864310]

FOR THE FIVE TEAMS TIED AT 8-7:

* RAVENS win AFC North tiebreaker over STEELERS (division record).

OK - THIS IS CORRECT - NO DISPUTE IT IS STEP 1 IN TIEBREAKER

* BRONCOS, JETS and RAVENS win tiebreaker over TEXANS (conference record).

OK - THIS IS CORRECT

* BRONCOS win tiebreaker over JETS and RAVENS (strength of victory).

THIS IS INCORRECT SOV IS AFTER COMMON OPPONENT TIEBREAKER. I BELIEVE THE REASON THIS HAPPENS IS THAT NEXT WEEK THE RAVENS AND JETS PLAY A COMMON OPPONENT AND THAT TIEBREAKER PROBABLY DOES NOT MEET THE MIN. QUALIFICATIONS UNTIL THEY DO (MIN. 4 COMMON OPPONENTS OR GAMES REQUIRED, NOT SURE IF IT IS GAMES OR OPPONENT), BUT THEY WILL AND THEY WILL HAVE TO WIN TO CREATE THE CURRENT SCENARIO.

WHEN FACTORED IN,

COMMON OPPONENTS - IND, OAK, NE, CIN

DEN - 3-2
BAL - 0-4 (3 Opponents so far!!)
NYJ - 3-1 (4 Opponents)

BALTIMORE APPEARS TO BE THE REASON FOR THE 'IF THE SEASON ENDED TODAY' CONFUSION. ONCE THEY PLAY OAK NEXT WEEK THIS TIEBREAKER BECOMES RELEVANT.. (SORRY FOR THE ALL CAPS>>> JUST DISTINGUISING)

* — BRONCOS earn No. 5 spot. RAVENS win AFC North tiebreaker over STEELERS (division record).
* JETS and RAVENS win tiebreaker over TEXANS (conference record).
* JETS win tiebreaker over RAVENS (strength of victory).
* — JETS earn No. 6 spot. RAVENS win AFC North tiebreaker over STEELERS (division record).
* RAVENS win tiebreaker over TEXANS (conference record).
* — RAVENS earn No. 7 spot. TEXANS win tiebreaker over STEELERS (record vs. common opponents).
— TEXANS earn No. 8 spot.

MasterShake
12-27-2009, 09:45 PM

Nobody knows. Great fun.

We should do a playoff for the playoffs, like in Baseball.

JDL
12-27-2009, 09:48 PM
Ok, the above is the reason you will see some sites with the Broncos in the 5 seed. But, once next weeks games are played the common opponent tiebreaker will meet minimum qualifications and NY Jets will win that (if they win) with a 4-1 record in those games.

Timmy!
12-27-2009, 09:49 PM
We should do a playoff for the playoffs, like in Baseball.

The way I understand it, to make the playoffs the Bronco have to:

1. Win
2. A combination of any of the 2 (Bal,Pit,NYJ) must lose
OR

3. A combination of a Bal, or pit, or NYJ loss + Hou win
OR

4. The 3rd star of Orion settles in the 2nd phase of the moon on a Wednesday

:confused:

Medford Bronco
My head hurts.

Just win and pray :lol:

Northman
Here's another one:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace/seeds

Within that link it says:

AFC Playoff tiebreakers

* New England earns the No. 3 seed over Cincinnati based on strength of victory (.433 to Bengals' .403).
* Denver earns the No. 5 seed over N.Y. Jets and Baltimore based on strength of victory (.513 to Jets' .492 and Ravens' .387) and conference record over Houston (6-5 to Texans' 5-6).
* N.Y. Jets earn the No. 6 seed over Baltimore and Houston based on strength of victory (.492 to Ravens' .387 and Texans' .392).
* Baltimore finishes ahead of Houston based on conference record (6-5 over Texans' 5-6).
* Houston finishes ahead of Pittsburgh based on common games (3-1 over Steelers' 1-3).

Well, if thats the case than great. Works for me. :lol:

Medford Bronco
12-27-2009, 09:50 PM
4. The 3rd star of Orion settles in the 2nd phase of the moon on a Wednesday

post of the day:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

JDL
12-27-2009, 09:52 PM
Well, if thats the case than great. Works for me. :lol:

Unfortunately, it won't be after next week common opponents games are played, making that tiebreaker (which is before Strength of Victory) applicable.

Technically, if the season ended today, Baltimore doesn't meet the min. requirements for that tiebreaker having only played 3 common opponents, next week they play Oakland. So, technically this week we are the 5 seed, but in reality we are not.

Whew... that was a fun exercise... lol

Medford Bronco
12-27-2009, 09:55 PM
Unfortunately, it won't be after next week common opponents games are played, making that tiebreaker (which is before Strength of Victory) applicable.

Technically, if the season ended today, Baltimore doesn't meet the min. requirements for that tiebreaker having only played 3 common opponents, next week they play Oakland. So, technically this week we are the 5 seed, but in reality we are not.

Whew... that was a fun exercise... lol

Yeah I have tons of faith in Oakland to beat Balt:lol:

They only win in December in Denver to screw things up.

Yeah Cincy is going to not show up either. I think (sorry King but I think that is the case, why risk Carson Palmer in a meaningless road game)

Denver Native (Carol)
12-27-2009, 09:56 PM
SOOOOOOOOOO - I am as mixed up now as before. If we win, are we in, or do we need other things to happen?

Timmy!
12-27-2009, 09:58 PM
SOOOOOOOOOO - I am as mixed up now as before. If we win, are we in, or do we need other things to happen?

We would still need help. If the Jets and Ravens win, they are in. They are the 2 teams that control their own wildcard destiny, despite what NFL.com says.

Medford Bronco
12-27-2009, 09:59 PM
Denver needs help as posted earlier.

JDL
12-27-2009, 10:05 PM
Yeah I have tons of faith in Oakland to beat Balt:lol:

They only win in December in Denver to screw things up.

Yeah Cincy is going to not show up either. I think (sorry King but I think that is the case, why risk Carson Palmer in a meaningless road game)

And, Cincy may very well play the Jets in the first round... why show them your gameplan? when you can see their gameplan and adjust the next week.

JONtheBRONCO
12-27-2009, 10:10 PM
Just root against the Steelers and the Jets. That simple.

JONtheBRONCO
12-27-2009, 10:14 PM
or you can root for the steelers, balt and cincy and against NE.

getlynched47
12-28-2009, 02:10 AM
NBC's Football Night In America had Jets and Ravens as the wildcard teams as of right now.

If both lose and we win, we're in.

sneakers
12-28-2009, 02:21 AM
This is way complicated for my wittle mind

Reidman
12-28-2009, 06:55 AM
Of course all of this is irrelevant as Denver will most likely lose a lopsided blowout to KC at home and leave fans feeling just as they have the past few years...

How's that for optimism...

With that being said it sounds like there are too many stars that need to align for playoffs to happen...it was a good run though, better than most anticipated..

Nomad
12-28-2009, 10:18 AM
I agree. A couple of years ago i saw people rooting for us to lose for better draft position. Its so sad to see stuff like that.

If thats what we need next week than ill be pulling for Houston.

First off Denver has to win next Sunday which isn't a given (I know you know that), so BRONCOS has to win. Secondly, like another poster said I want to keep watching the BRONCOS as well, but I'm not going to lie, I'm extremely disappointed in this team down the stretch especially what they had!!

Oh well, if we're destined to make the playoffs through default then so be it (not proud of it but I'll take it), I wish the BRONCOS would have been more convincing.

Nomad
12-28-2009, 10:21 AM
Of course all of this is irrelevant as Denver will most likely lose a lopsided blowout to KC at home and leave fans feeling just as they have the past few years...

Some reason I have that feeling as well!!

Devilspawn
12-28-2009, 10:24 AM
Here are the updated scenarios:

Denver clinches a playoff spot with:

1) DEN win + NYJ or BLT loss or tie + MIA win or tie
2) DEN win + NYJ loss or tie + BLT loss or tie
3) DEN win + NE loss + NYJ or BLT loss or tie

4) DEN tie + HST or NYJ loss + BLT loss + PIT loss
5) DEN tie + HST loss + NYJ loss + PIT or BLT loss
6) DEN tie + HST tie + NYJ or BLT loss + PIT loss or tie
7) DEN tie + HST tie + NYJ loss + BLT loss

8) JAX loss or tie + BLT loss + NYJ loss + HST or PIT loss
9) PIT loss + JAX or BLT loss + NYJ loss + HST loss
10) PIT loss + JAX tie + NYJ or BLT loss + HST loss
11) PIT loss + JAX loss + BLT loss + HST loss

Denver Native (Carol)
12-28-2009, 10:48 AM
Found the following. Did not check to see if it is the same as what Devilspawn posted:

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_14079419

The NFL's Week 16 turned the AFC playoff picture into a baffling maze of what-if scenarios with one week remaining in the season. But what does it all mean for the Broncos?

The Broncos will earn a wild-card playoff spot if they beat Kansas City next week in Denver and two of three teams lose: the N.Y. Jets, Baltimore and Pittsburgh.

But there's more.

The Broncos will earn a wild-card spot with a win and:

# A Ravens loss at Oakland and a Steelers loss at Miami.

# A loss by the New York Jets at home against Cincinnati, along with either a Ravens loss or Steelers loss.

# A Jets loss and a win by the Houston Texans against New England.

# A Ravens loss and a Texans win.

So besides beating the Chiefs, the Broncos need at least two other outcomes to go exactly their way to get in.

For background, the NFL's tie-breaking procedure for wild-card spots — when three or more teams are involved — includes 12 steps, the last being a coin flip.

But for the sake of clarity, the Broncos currently trail the Jets and Ravens. If the Broncos reach 9-7 and the Jets and Ravens lose or the Jets and Steelers lose or the Ravens and Steelers lose or all three lose, it would propel Denver into at least the sixth spot in the AFC.

Medford Bronco
12-28-2009, 05:03 PM
Here are the updated scenarios:

Denver clinches a playoff spot with:

1) DEN win + NYJ or BLT loss or tie + MIA win or tie
2) DEN win + NYJ loss or tie + BLT loss or tie
3) DEN win + NE loss + NYJ or BLT loss or tie

4) DEN tie + HST or NYJ loss + BLT loss + PIT loss
5) DEN tie + HST loss + NYJ loss + PIT or BLT loss
6) DEN tie + HST tie + NYJ or BLT loss + PIT loss or tie
7) DEN tie + HST tie + NYJ loss + BLT loss

8) JAX loss or tie + BLT loss + NYJ loss + HST or PIT loss
9) PIT loss + JAX or BLT loss + NYJ loss + HST loss
10) PIT loss + JAX tie + NYJ or BLT loss + HST loss
11) PIT loss + JAX loss + BLT loss + HST loss

This is not going to happen.
The Raiders help the Broncos :lol:
Sorry DS I know they can win but will they try. Al Davis hates Denver
Also Cincy is going to lie down vs the Jets. They have ZERO reason to try to win.

The Colts lying down gave a Huge Xmas gift to the Jets. Heck we cant complain they did it for us in 04 when Sorgi played vs Denver and Denver won 33-14 I think.

take care of busniness. dont lose to Oak at Home and at Wash. Thats all I got. ;puke::mad:

T.K.O.
12-28-2009, 05:18 PM

nope if you add to that playoff scenario a jets win it eliminates us.....the jet:mad:s must lose

Denver Native (Carol)
12-28-2009, 07:56 PM
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/postseason-scenarios/

Entering Week 17, the Broncos are in the thick of the postseason conversation. Here are the official scenarios that were released by the NFL on Monday morning.

Baltimore, the New York Jets, Denver, Pittsburgh and Houston can make the playoffs if they tie this week, with various other things happening. Jacksonville and Miami cannot make the playoffs with a tie.

Here’s how Denver clinches a playoff spot:
- DEN win + NYJ loss or tie + BAL loss or tie
- DEN win + NYJ loss or tie + PIT loss or tie
- DEN win + NYJ loss or tie + HOU win
- DEN win + BAL loss or tie + PIT loss or tie
- DEN win + BAL loss or tie + HOU win
- PIT loss + BAL loss + HOU loss + JAC loss
- PIT loss + BAL loss + HOU loss + NYJ loss
- PIT loss + BAL loss + JAC loss + NYJ loss
- PIT loss + HOU loss + JAC loss + NYJ loss
- MIA loss or tie + NYJ loss + BAL loss + HOU loss + JAC loss or tie

Medford Bronco
12-28-2009, 08:10 PM
:Cry::yield:

Entering Week 17, the Broncos are in the thick of the postseason conversation. Here are the official scenarios that were released by the NFL on Monday morning.

Baltimore, the New York Jets, Denver, Pittsburgh and Houston can make the playoffs if they tie this week, with various other things happening. Jacksonville and Miami cannot make the playoffs with a tie.

We need Pigs to fly. It aint gonna happen:Cry::yield:

Oak is not going to help us. I wish Cincy still had to win. They can beat the Jets but will they? Houston can beat NE if NE lays down, which they could

we screwd ourselves losing to pathetic Oak and Russell. We got what we deserve unfortunately :mad:

Reidman
12-29-2009, 05:56 AM

We started the season 6-0 and this is what it comes down to for making the playoffs....Un-frickin-believable!

CoachChaz
12-29-2009, 09:18 AM
This is not going to happen.
The Raiders help the Broncos :lol:
Sorry DS I know they can win but will they try. Al Davis hates Denver
Also Cincy is going to lie down vs the Jets. They have ZERO reason to try to win.

The Colts lying down gave a Huge Xmas gift to the Jets. Heck we cant complain they did it for us in 04 when Sorgi played vs Denver and Denver won 33-14 I think.

take care of busniness. dont lose to Oak at Home and at Wash. Thats all I got. ;puke::mad:

If you are playing a team in week 17 and you could very easily play that same team the following week in the playoffs...why would you lie down against them and give them any confidence and momentum heading into the more important of the games? I dont buy it. I say Cincy goes in and plays their hand against the Jets and eliminates them.

CoachChaz
12-29-2009, 09:22 AM
We started the season 6-0 and this is what it comes down to for making the playoffs....Un-frickin-believable!

We are a team that hasnt been to the playoffs in a few years, changed our coaching regime and alot of players are are essentially rebuilding and we still have a shot at a playoff spot.

Look at where we are and where we came from and compare it to the defending Super Bowl Champions and the team they beat in the AFC Championship last year and tell me our situation is so pathetic. No one ever realizes the positives.