PDA

View Full Version : New Coach, New QB, New Defense, Same Broncos.

LoyalSoldier
12-27-2009, 07:56 PM
Anyone remember seeing something like this season before? I do, 2006.

We started 7-2 and then went 2-5 the rest of the way. The defense started out on an amazing pace while the offense rode that bus. Then the defense started to show some weakness and the offense never really picked up the slack.

Fast start and weak finish. I don't see any difference just yet from this years team.

broken12
12-27-2009, 08:00 PM
we have just lost 7 of our last 9 that not very good in my opinion!

Watchthemiddle
12-27-2009, 08:03 PM
It's the Jake Plummer curse...:laugh:

7-4 when he was replaced by boy wonder...and the Broncos have not been the same since. Haven't had a winning season either. I think he did something to curse us on the way out.

CraigHwk
12-27-2009, 08:04 PM
Our D is light years better than our crap last year.

However our O is a non-scoring pathetic joke.

Medford Bronco
12-27-2009, 08:05 PM
Hey this team was lucky to be 6-0

Lucky win vs Cincy
some breaks vs NE and SD.

they overacheived.

They played their guts out today and I am proud of them.
Maybe next year they can get over the hump. Who knows.

Dean
I am not pleased with the loss but the team played hard from start to finish and for the most part played well.

Buck ran well and the secondary recievers made some plays.

broncophan
we have just lost 7 of our last 9 that not very good in my opinion!

losing 7 of 9 doesn't bother me as much as losing to the skins....and the raiders.....those are the 2 losses that are killers...

Medford Bronco
12-27-2009, 08:06 PM
losing 7 of 9 doesn't bother me as much as losing to the skins....and the raiders.....those are the 2 losses that are killers...

The Raider loss was the worst, Esp vs Russel that awful QB.

He looks like he ate the football for lunch and dinner and he beat us:tsk:

Overtime
12-27-2009, 08:07 PM
McDaniels did what he could with what he had, not all of his fault. However, Orton needs to ******* go. I don't give 2 shits what he did this year...we need a QB who can stretch the field, and make the tough throws and Orton can not. This 7 & 8 yard bullshit ain't gonna cut it.

Dump him and go with Brandstater, we all saw that kid in the pre-season and what he can do, time for him to take the reigns and run with it.

I also noticed that Chris Johnson RB for the Titans will be a free agent next year. We need to pick him whatever the cost, Moreno can be our 3rd down & goal line back.

Dump Orton, Dump Suckhalter, Dump Hillis, Dump Lamont Jordan (more like trade 'em for some draft picks) or maybe some defensive line help and start getting a CB ready to replace Champ Bailey because his days are numbered.

We need a good safety (Eric Berry preferably, or someone like him), and some better LB's.

I'm not gonna throw McDaniels under the bus during his first season, but if Orton's back next year I'm gonna be pissed.

camdisco24
12-27-2009, 08:15 PM
I'm not gonna throw McDaniels under the bus during his first season, but if Orton's back next year I'm gonna be pissed.

Orton will be back next year.... I just dont see McD going for a new QB.
I think Orton could stretch the field more if he had O-linemen to give him more time to throw. THATS what we need IMO.

I not throwing out the fact Branstater could step up during camp or something. But as of now, Orton is the best QB we got. But he needs help badly.

muse
12-27-2009, 08:17 PM
Anyone remember seeing something like this season before? I do, 2006.

We started 7-2 and then went 2-5 the rest of the way. The defense started out on an amazing pace while the offense rode that bus. Then the defense started to show some weakness and the offense never really picked up the slack.

Fast start and weak finish. I don't see any difference just yet from this years team.

Yes and no...whilst the end result appears to be the same, the manner in which it happened has been a far cry from the Shanahan days (for what it's worth). We've had a damn difficult schedule, especially when it came to playing teams at the wrong time (Ravens coming off a 4 game losing streak and a bye; playing the Steelers off a bye with Polamalu returning; playing Wash who were on a 4 game losing streak and heating up). Not that that is an excuse because you play who you get...but we've had a lot of fight where a Shanahan team would've folded and today has been a prime example of that.

Northman
12-27-2009, 08:20 PM
Sure beats the 4-12 predictions some of you knuckleheads gave us earlier this year.

broncofaninfla
12-27-2009, 08:20 PM
McDaniels did what he could with what he had, not all of his fault. However, Orton needs to ******* go. I don't give 2 shits what he did this year...we need a QB who can stretch the field, and make the tough throws and Orton can not. This 7 & 8 yard bullshit ain't gonna cut it.

Dump him and go with Brandstater, we all saw that kid in the pre-season and what he can do, time for him to take the reigns and run with it.

I also noticed that Chris Johnson RB for the Titans will be a free agent next year. We need to pick him whatever the cost, Moreno can be our 3rd down & goal line back.

Dump Orton, Dump Suckhalter, Dump Hillis, Dump Lamont Jordan (more like trade 'em for some draft picks) or maybe some defensive line help and start getting a CB ready to replace Champ Bailey because his days are numbered.

We need a good safety (Eric Berry preferably, or someone like him), and some better LB's.

Mcd did what he could with what he had ? Really? His play calling was nothing short of pathetic. Failed bubble screens, running out of the shot gun and wasting downs feeding balls to Moreno. Yet another game that we were out coached. We kept it close in spite of this though and happy with the effort.

broncophan
12-27-2009, 08:21 PM
Sure beats the 4-12 predictions some of you knuckleheads gave us earlier this year.

I was one of those "knuckleheads".....:D

Noway
12-27-2009, 08:21 PM
yeah, and raiders were hot, hot, hot when you played them at home.

Noway
12-27-2009, 08:24 PM

As in "we're not as pathetic as everyone thought we were gonna be so really we're winners".

pnbronco
12-27-2009, 08:25 PM

Lucky win vs Cincy

they overacheived.

You and me both Med. I see us going in the right direction. We were suppose to make the playoff last year and folded. We suppose to be at the bottom of the West this year and we're not.

We need some more talent. The D to stay the same instead of changing every year. A calm off season with the focus being totally on football and working on timing.

Playing with guts and heart is back, that's why I'm so proud of them.

LoyalSoldier
12-27-2009, 08:29 PM

Strange wasn't the biggest knock against the Broncos under Cutler was that they may have won games, but they never made the playoffs?

The good news is our record has nothing to do with our draft pick.

We may yet be a good team in the future, but thus far I see the same trend I have seen the last 3 or 4 years in that our team plays great up until crunch time.

pnbronco
12-27-2009, 08:31 PM
Yes and no...whilst the end result appears to be the same, the manner in which it happened has been a far cry from the Shanahan days (for what it's worth). We've had a damn difficult schedule, especially when it came to playing teams at the wrong time (Ravens coming off a 4 game losing streak and a bye; playing the Steelers off a bye with Polamalu returning; playing Wash who were on a 4 game losing streak and heating up). Not that that is an excuse because you play who you get...but we've had a lot of fight where a Shanahan team would've folded and today has been a prime example of that.

Wow you are on fire tonight, great post. We may have the same results, but we got here in such a different way. We had a damn hard schedule and the chaos that surrond this team was a lot to overcome.

Northman
12-27-2009, 08:32 PM
As in "we're not as pathetic as everyone thought we were gonna be so really we're winners".

I call it progress considering.

Northman
12-27-2009, 08:34 PM
Strange wasn't the biggest knock against the Broncos under Cutler was that they may have won games, but they never made the playoffs?

The good news is our record has nothing to do with our draft pick.

We may yet be a good team in the future, but thus far I see the same trend I have seen the last 3 or 4 years in that our team plays great up until crunch time.

Actually, the biggest knock was that despite having a talent like Jay we didnt have a winning record. But, considering how he is lighting it up in Chicago and going to the playoffs himself...err....wait.

gobroncsnv
12-27-2009, 08:37 PM
Sounds like the result of the game today showed that nobody knew what time the game started... 2pm is what I heard, but the team must have thought it didn't start until 4. Maybe McD could get a coordinator for that...

I was on the road and didn't get to watch it... not sure that I will.

LoyalSoldier
12-27-2009, 08:37 PM
Actually, the biggest knock was that despite having a talent like Jay we didnt have a winning record. But, considering how he is lighting it up in Chicago and going to the playoffs himself...err....wait.

Ok and for having a defense play the way we have had them play this year. Why is it we have lost so many games?

What I am asking for is consistency. If we are going to roast the teams of years past for certain failures then we need to do the same for this team. And before you say "OH McD is in his first year!" yes that is true, but that only means he isn't going to get fired for this year. That doesn't absolve him any blame.

pnbronco
12-27-2009, 08:44 PM

I know...do you remember that someone from SI predicted Chicago to go to the Super Bowl?. Hardly any of the writers had us winning more than 4 games. So at this point we won double what the experts had as at.

I know that I'm a glass half full person and that drives many of you nuts. In order for me to judge where I am today I have to look at where I started and the beginning of Sept this team tooked pretty darn bleak.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-27-2009, 08:49 PM

Post of the thread.

Northman
12-27-2009, 08:58 PM
Ok and for having a defense play the way we have had them play this year. Why is it we have lost so many games?

What I am asking for is consistency. If we are going to roast the teams of years past for certain failures then we need to do the same for this team. And before you say "OH McD is in his first year!" yes that is true, but that only means he isn't going to get fired for this year. That doesn't absolve him any blame.

Blame for what? Trying to put together a team in his vision? How bout the guy from Miami? He has been there two years and still fighting mediocrity. How bout Kubes? Going on what? 4 years now and they are still around a .500 team. So what is the amount of time you as a fan are going to give a guy like McD to get this team in the position for a championship?

LoyalSoldier
12-27-2009, 09:02 PM
Blame for what? Trying to put together a team in his vision? How bout the guy from Miami? He has been there two years and still fighting mediocrity. How bout Kubes? Going on what? 4 years now and they are still around a .500 team. So what is the amount of time you as a fan are going to give a guy like McD to get this team in the position for a championship?

Wow complete lack of understanding.

I said that it means he is going to have another shot to rectify his mistakes from this season, but that doesn't mean he has no blame this season. I am saying you can't brush off the criticism just because he is in his first year.

It is like in college when you mess up on your first midterm. You will have another shot to correct the first mistake and if you take advantage of it all will be fine, but the fact is that first midterm is going to weigh against you.

Northman
12-27-2009, 09:05 PM
Wow complete lack of understanding.

I said that it means he is going to have another shot to rectify his mistakes from this season, but that doesn't mean he has no blame this season. I am saying you can't brush off the criticism just because he is in his first year.

It is like in college when you mess up on your first midterm. You will have another shot to correct the first mistake and if you take advantage of it all will be fine, but the fact is that first midterm is going to weigh against you.

So then basically you know he is wet behind the ears as a first year coach but you complain for the sake of complaining instead of truly understanding the strides the team has made this year regardless. Gotcha. Thank you captain obvious.

LoyalSoldier
12-27-2009, 09:19 PM
So then basically you know he is wet behind the ears as a first year coach but you complain for the sake of complaining instead of truly understanding the strides the team has made this year regardless. Gotcha. Thank you captain obvious.

No I complain because I am a freaking realist and not a homer. So far I have been laughed at the whole season when I have been right so many times. I wish I was wrong many of those times, but everything I warned people about earlier in the season came true. You can find posts of mine going back to the first Raiders games warning about our redzone efficiency. Heck I will go back and find every single post I made if needed. The funny thing is no matter how many times I am right I still get the same treatment.

We have made strides and we have also regressed quite a bit in areas. Our offense is way worse than last year and our defense is way better. In the end it comes out to be a wash because our team is no better off than it was last year.

Now comes the time to see if McD was just coasting off of Shanahan's players or if he is worth his weight.

Northman
12-27-2009, 09:28 PM
No I complain because I am a freaking realist and not a homer. So far I have been laughed at the whole season when I have been right so many times. I wish I was wrong many of those times, but everything I warned people about earlier in the season came true. You can find posts of mine going back to the first Raiders games warning about our redzone efficiency. Heck I will go back and find every single post I made if needed. The funny thing is no matter how many times I am right I still get the same treatment.

We have made strides and we have also regressed quite a bit in areas. Our offense is way worse than last year and our defense is way better. In the end it comes out to be a wash because our team is no better off than it was last year.

Now comes the time to see if McD was just coasting off of Shanahan's players or if he is worth his weight.

Made strides with a first year coach. Spin it however you want loyal. If this was Shanahan i might feel your plight. But no "realist" was expecting a SB this year. Most "realist" were expecting improvements and growing pains implementing a new offense, etc. You get flack because you choose to focus on the negatives instead of the positives. But even with all that you say you know he is a first year coach yet your complaining as if he is a 12 year veteran. The criticisms on you are justified in my opinion. The things you pointed out were things people already knew were going to happen this year. No one expected this offense (let me rephrase that) most people didnt expect this offense to be the same as last year. So why it is you are surprised baffles me.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-27-2009, 09:30 PM

Sometimes reality just has to slap folks in the face. Our collapse this season was telling for the team, both coaches and players. With the current age of our team and unwillingness it appears to change our game plan, I don't foresee a whole lot changing for us next year.

The offense might improve in some areas (if we actually re-sign Marshall) but the defense is heading for a fall. Holliday, Dawkins, Davis, Champ, Law (who's only a rental), and Goodman are all getting longer in the tooth. The scheme has covered many of the personnel deficiencies on defense but let's face it - we're old on defense.

Maybe if we get lucky we'll actually draft some guys to improve this team and help maintain the defense instead of drafting un-needed TEs and WRs who don't even play. Hopefully, we can fix whatever problems we have on both lines, but I doubt it. Shanny was always great a drafting O-Linemen (George Foster excepted). We'll see if McDaniels and Xanders can have some success.

PS- we need a QB in the worst way, too.

Texas Bronco
12-27-2009, 09:31 PM
Our D is light years better than our crap last year.

However our O is a non-scoring pathetic joke.

I agree, fix the O, leave the D alone and we should see some good things happening!! Another words deflate McD's head a little.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-27-2009, 09:39 PM
Made strides with a first year coach. Spin it however you want loyal. If this was Shanahan i might feel your plight. But no "realist" was expecting a SB this year. Most "realist" were expecting improvements and growing pains implementing a new offense, etc. You get flack because you choose to focus on the negatives instead of the positives. But even with all that you say you know he is a first year coach yet your complaining as if he is a 12 year veteran. The criticisms on you are justified in my opinion. The things you pointed out were things people already knew were going to happen this year. No one expected this offense (let me rephrase that) most people didnt expect this offense to be the same as last year. So why it is you are surprised baffles me.

Nobody was expecting a Superbowl, but starting off 6-0 and finishing like we are isn't just "new coach blues". It shows a lack of focus and an inability or worse unwillingness to adjust. When we went 0-4 after the bye week it should've been a huge slap in the face. It wasn't. We were unprepared for Indy, Oakland, and this week against Philly. We made the same mistakes over and over in all of those games and they were the same mistakes we'd made before.

Our coach may be a "rookie", but this team is far from it. We have enough supposed veteran leadership that should fix these problems. The difference between us and say the Sparklers isn't talent or luck. It's the fact that their veterans take over on the field and will the team to win. Our QB goes and sits by himself on the sidelines and drinks gatorade and spits a lot after every 3 and out. It just doesn't seem important to him. If he gets yelled at by McD, he tucks tail, lowers his head and goes to his lonely spot on the bench.

Dawkins is the only guy on the sideline other than McD and Marshall that shows any type of passion. That's our biggest problem, we have no passion on this team. Oh, our QB is pretty bad, too.

spikerman
12-27-2009, 09:41 PM
The Broncos have to address both lines next year. I could understand them overlooking the offensive line last year based on past success, but I still, for the life of me, can't figure out why they stubbornly refused to focus on the front seven (with the exception of Ayers) with anything more than stop gaps and undrafted free agents.

spikerman
12-27-2009, 09:43 PM
The difference between us and say the Sparklers isn't talent or luck.
I would disagree with this. I think the Chargers are much more talented from top to bottom.

Northman
12-27-2009, 09:47 PM
Nobody was expecting a Superbowl, but starting off 6-0 and finishing like we are isn't just "new coach blues". It shows a lack of focus and an inability or worse unwillingness to adjust. When we went 0-4 after the bye week it should've been a huge slap in the face. It wasn't. We were unprepared for Indy, Oakland, and this week against Philly. We made the same mistakes over and over in all of those games and they were the same mistakes we'd made before.

Our coach may be a "rookie", but this team is far from it. We have enough supposed veteran leadership that should fix these problems. The difference between us and say the Sparklers isn't talent or luck. It's the fact that their veterans take over on the field and will the team to win. Our QB goes and sits by himself on the sidelines and drinks gatorade and spits a lot after every 3 and out. It just doesn't seem important to him. If he gets yelled at by McD, he tucks tail, lowers his head and goes to his lonely spot on the bench.

Dawkins is the only guy on the sideline other than McD and Marshall that shows any type of passion. That's our biggest problem, we have no passion on this team. Oh, our QB is pretty bad, too.

Our 6-0 start had more to do with opportunity than dominance. Thus, there is where your problem is. You got enamored with numbers instead of understanding how it came about. Despite a few games this year i have seen this team compete and play much better than they did overall last year. All of this again happening under a first year coach. The team still makes their fair share of mistakes but a 6-0 start does not proclaim them to elite status. You have to watch and understand the games instead of looking just at the w/l column.

Texas Bronco
12-27-2009, 09:48 PM
I would disagree with this. I think the Chargers are much more talented from top to bottom.

Yep and much more consistent.

horsepig
12-27-2009, 09:59 PM

Lucky win vs Cincy

they overacheived.

You're right, we should be sitting at about 5-10 right now. Is that progress?

Yeah, because they're playing many of these games with some balls.

07, 08 teams would have lost this one 48-10.

MOtorboat
12-27-2009, 10:03 PM

Oh dear.

Don't bring that up...it's not a popular topic.

Nevermind the hypocrisy of criticizing a team/coach so harshly for winning eight games when you thought they'd only win two...

spikerman
12-27-2009, 10:04 PM
One thing that really concerns me is that the offense never really seemed to improve as the year went on. I'm not thrilled with the passing or running game. I know that the standard answer is that McDaniels doesn't have his guys in there yet, but I would think that a coach should adapt the scheme to fit his personnel until he gets his players set - if it's not a "rebuilding year".

If this season was about learning and rebuilding I can understand that, but if that's the case I wish he would have played the youngsters even more (including the rookie QB). He basically had a free pass this year because Bowlen said before the year even started that he didn't expect to get to the SB this year. He should have played as many young guys as possible and let them learn the system and learn how to be an NFL player.

I'm worried that as a middle of the road team it didn't do enough to build for the future this year. Instead of playing Jack Williams, it cut him to sign a one year player, Quinn and Smith barely got on the field and Brandstater didn't get any playing time under live fire. Unless the team thought it could compete for a Super Bowl this year, it should have played those guys and let them get a year under their belt.

I've loved the way they've competed most of the time, but I really don't think they did much to improve themselves in the future. Of course that's just my $.02 worth and I could be wrong.

LoyalSoldier
12-27-2009, 10:04 PM

Oh wait so we aren't allowed to admit what our problems are just because he is a 1st year head coach? Sorry that isn't how it works. Being a first year head coach means I expect him to screw up, but admitting that he screwed up isn't calling for his head or anything of the sort.

Strange I remember anytime I was learning something new, my Dad/Teacher/Coach would expect me to make mistakes, but they would still point out those mistakes regardless of their expectations.

The acknowledgment of mistakes doesn't have to stop just because he is a new player to the table.

Timmy!
12-27-2009, 10:05 PM
Oh dear.

Don't bring that up...it's not a popular topic.

Nevermind the hypocrisy of criticizing a team/coach so harshly for winning eight games when you thought they'd only win two...

Oh my.

Medford Bronco
12-27-2009, 10:08 PM
The Broncos have to address both lines next year. I could understand them overlooking the offensive line last year based on past success, but I still, for the life of me, can't figure out why they stubbornly refused to focus on the front seven (with the exception of Ayers) with anything more than stop gaps and undrafted free agents.

The O line needs to change to a traditional blocking one for McDs system

no more zbs. Not that I hate it but it does not fit McDs way of moving the ball. Shanny is gone, so go with what the coach wants

spikerman
12-27-2009, 10:14 PM
The O line needs to change to a traditional blocking one for McDs system

no more zbs. Not that I hate it but it does not fit McDs way of moving the ball. Shanny is gone, so go with what the coach wants Right, but he doesn't have the personnel to do that. If the guys he has now are ones he's planning to keep long-term, then fine, teach them the power blocking system. If this year was about winning, then keep the zbs until the right personnel are in place. Changing the system without the personnel to pull it off guaranteed a lack of success.

cuzz4169
12-27-2009, 10:17 PM
Mcd did what he could with what he had ? Really? His play calling was nothing short of pathetic. Failed bubble screens, running out of the shot gun and wasting downs feeding balls to Moreno. Yet another game that we were out coached. We kept it close in spite of this though and happy with the effort.

I agree we run a double screen with our blocking TE on 3rd and long in the redzone!!! Are you kidding me.

tomjonesrocks
12-27-2009, 11:23 PM

I'll take the knucklehead bait. This team collapsed. The team overachieved the first half of the season and McDaniels deserves credit for that. But, sorry, at the end of the day, this team was who we thought they were--I agree with the OP.

Loss to Oakland, loss to the the Redskins. Inexcusable, and makes it hard to give credit for much else for me. Those "glass half full" types here, I'm envious, because this is all profoundly disappointing from my perspective.

Let's see the roster turnover continue, QB included. McDaniels has 2 more years to get over 8 wins the way I see it. For this year--more of the same bitter pill. The jury's not in one way or the other.

BroncoWave
12-28-2009, 12:00 AM

You do realize this is real life, not Madden? Where are we supposed to find the money to pay Chris Johnson with all the free agents on our own team that we have to pay?

Watchthemiddle
12-28-2009, 12:23 AM

Your one of those who only focus's on the skilled positions.

What we need to do is seriously shore up the O and D lines. Offensive line needs to be first priority this offseason. I don't care who is the QB, if you don't have time to stretch the field, you don't have time to stretch the field.

Then after you shore up the o line, bring in someone to balance out Elvis on the other side. After that, how about a WR not named B marsh that can stretch the field. You kind of need that also if you want to stretch the field.

Start Brandstater?? :laugh: Your judging that off of his PRESEASON performance playing against guys that are now selling insurance and not even in the league.

red98
12-28-2009, 10:42 AM
I don't care who is the QB, if you don't have time to stretch the field, you don't have time to stretch the field.

Big Ben (47 sacks) and Aaron Rodgers (50 sacks) disagree.

skycoyote
12-28-2009, 11:23 AM
There too small. They've been too small. Until they get some big lineman in here, it will always be the same team.

CoachChaz
12-28-2009, 12:05 PM
There too small. They've been too small. Until they get some big lineman in here, it will always be the same team.

But no...if our 270 pound linemen ran a ZBS against the 330 pound DL's, we'd be undefeated.

Lonestar
12-28-2009, 12:45 PM
But no...if our 270 pound linemen ran a ZBS against the 330 pound DL's, we'd be undefeated.

Until we get in the red zone and then we suck like we have for a decade..
it works great between the 20's after that when the field gets condensed or on third and short..

our red zone O has been bad since TD, Zim and Stink moved on. or about that time frame..

we had one good year when MA and then Mike Bell was turned loose but for the most part the ZBS is not good enough for POWER football.
IMHO

pnbronco
12-28-2009, 01:10 PM
tomjonesrocks:
Loss to Oakland, loss to the the Redskins. Inexcusable, and makes it hard to give credit for much else for me. Those "glass half full" types here, I'm envious, because this is all profoundly disappointing from my perspective.

The biggest disapointment for me was to lose to the Raiders. On the other hand I never changes my expectations from the beginning of the season. I saw what they had to overcome and I'm really happy that they are on the right road.

Cheese has the best line in her sig:

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

I've been a fan for over 25 years now and we've seen a lot of ups and downs. I get hugs from many past players because they know that I was a fan regardless of the W/L record and they have always appreciated the support.

Also when I looked at NFL.com today I saw that there are 15 teams that know they are eliminated, I was sure we would be one of them last Sept. So I'm grateful for the hard work that this team has done and I look forward to more growth. Hey I have a lot of respect for fans of the Lions to only win 2 games in 2 years would test anyones fanship.

SmilinAssasSin27
12-28-2009, 02:19 PM
Keep in mind that we started to struggled when:

A) Baltimore showed the league that our LG could be abused, and then;
B) when Harris went out.

W/ a stronger OLine, we win 2 more games.

The one that kills was the Oakland one though. The Washington one hurt, but the QB got hurt, not much you can do there. No excuses for the Fader loss.

Northman
12-28-2009, 02:23 PM
I'll take the knucklehead bait. This team collapsed. The team overachieved the first half of the season and McDaniels deserves credit for that. But, sorry, at the end of the day, this team was who we thought they were--I agree with the OP.

Let's see the roster turnover continue, QB included. McDaniels has 2 more years to get over 8 wins the way I see it. For this year--more of the same bitter pill. The jury's not in one way or the other.

Yea, Philly lost to Oakland too. KC beat Pitt, etc. Shit happens. Fact is, the team played better than most of you guys predicted and played far more competitive than they have the last 3 years. If you want to give a bunch of shit to a first year coach who is trying to change the mentality of this team for the better knock yourself out. But right now you just have mud on your face. If you expected a SB this year than you just dont understand what is going on with this franchise right now.

SmilinAssasSin27
12-28-2009, 02:26 PM
In the pre-season, I predicted a worse record, but a better all around team. We beat KC and we get a better team with a better record. I know we're all disappointed due to the collapse, but I can now see where this squad is headed. I could not say this under Shanny's flailing defensive "philosphies."

Lonestar
12-28-2009, 04:31 PM
we RE ON THE RIGHT TRACK JUST NOT UP TO SPEED NOR DO WE HAVE ALL TEH HORSES TO PULL THE TRAIN sorry about that this new baby keyboard the caps lock key is where the a is supposed to be..

we will get more horses this coming year and considering how the team has played this year few really have room to whine about it..

unless one had their heads in the sand this team needed a change and they got it ans should be much better next year..

SmilinAssasSin27
12-28-2009, 05:23 PM
And if the schedule resumes the initial rotation, we'll be facing what should be a much easier schedule. Instead of Dallas, Philly, NYG and a tough Wash defense, we'd get San Fran, Seattle, St. Louis and Zona. We'd play the AFC South which is similar to the North, but we'd also face secons place teams NYJ and Bmore/Pitt instead of NE and Indy.