PDA

View Full Version : So despite the loss, can we still get in the playoffs?

Overtime
12-27-2009, 06:42 PM
Despite the loss (pending) to the Eagles can we still get in the playoffs if we beat KC next week?

BroncoWave
12-27-2009, 06:48 PM
Yes, we will need a Jets loss + either a Houston win OR Pitt loss OR Bal loss

MOtorboat
12-27-2009, 07:05 PM
Good call.

Douche.

camdisco24
12-27-2009, 07:18 PM
To early for this kind of thread.

Overtime
12-27-2009, 07:36 PM
To early for this kind of thread.

well it was 27-10 when I created this and Orton had just thrown his 2nd pick, we were playing like ass, and didn't figure on a comeback...so that's why I created it.

MOtorboat
12-27-2009, 07:38 PM
well it was 27-10 when I created this and Orton had just thrown his 2nd pick, we were playing like ass, and didn't figure on a comeback...so that's why I created it.

Very intelligent...as usual...

Overtime
12-27-2009, 07:47 PM
Very intelligent...as usual...

not like it matters, we just lost the game anyway

JDL
12-27-2009, 08:00 PM
Despite the loss (pending) to the Eagles can we still get in the playoffs if we beat KC next week?

Not without a Jets loss.

or

both BAL/PIT losing

or

Baltimore loses and Houston gets to 9-7

Then in a Pittsburgh/Houston/Denver 3-way (Denver gets in on conference record.)

In other words... Denver is f-ed... period. No playoffs this year. That was gone last week.

broken12
12-27-2009, 08:02 PM
we lost to pittsburge so we end up tied with them and they got the tiebreaker....head to head is first!

HORSEPOWER 56
12-27-2009, 08:09 PM
Next week:

NE @ Houston - NE win.
Bal @ Oak - Bal win
Pit @ Mia - depends on if Miami really wants to play spoiler or if they'll mail it in
KC @ Den - a game we should win but that was what we said about Washington and Oakland. :mad:

So, we need a win and a Houston win or Pitt loss to get in. In short, possible, but extremely unlikely. I think it's safe to say that our playoff hopes are over.

JDL
12-27-2009, 08:25 PM
we lost to pittsburge so we end up tied with them and they got the tiebreaker....head to head is first!

Unless we can create a 3-way tie with a team they have lost to or have not played. Then there is NO applicable head 2 head... because one of the 3 teams has not either a) beaten both other teams or b) lost to both other teams. You then move onto the next applicable tiebreaker. Thus, you have the Houston scenario.

But, to get to that point is ridiculously difficult and a lot has to happen. (Pittsburgh can't win a tiebreaker with Baltimore to even get to this step, so Baltimore has to lose... or the Jets do and then Baltimore gets the 5 seed, leaving Pittsburgh and whomever else to battle for the 6 seed.)

broken12
12-27-2009, 08:28 PM
850 koa just said we the fifth seed ???? As of right now!

underrated29
12-27-2009, 08:29 PM
we are the first team to blow a 3 game lead at end of season to miss playoffs.

We are first team to start 6-0 and miss playoffs.

We will make the playoffs next year and I suspect win the division. Right now we suck- and as much as I like Orton- he will not lead us anywhere unless we get ALL the other chips in place.....(way to long to do that)

broken12
12-27-2009, 08:31 PM
Nfl.com also says we are listed as fifth seed right now not sure if its right but if it is win and we in!

MOtorboat
12-27-2009, 09:13 PM
Nfl.com also says we are listed as fifth seed right now not sure if its right but if it is win and we in!

That's if the season ended today.

It doesn't.

Crush05
12-27-2009, 09:43 PM
You know if we make it or not for a rebuilding season and a complete team overhaul from coaches to players we cannot be to upset if we do not make it, but we do not need to be happy we also. Our season was a series of ups and downs but we have learned this new system and with the off season we will be better for it! Just my opinion. I am a Broncos fan playoffs or not!! Prefer the playoffs though to quiet all the ney sayers!

DenBronx
12-27-2009, 09:48 PM
kinda sucks when you get into the playoffs by default. we have a melt down every year.