PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Marshall Rises To Starter

Tned
09-06-2007, 08:53 AM
Walker on Marshall

Javon Walker said the NFL world doesn't yet know how good Brandon Marshall is, but the second-year pro who has risen to starting split end didn't want to toot his own horn.Read More... (http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/local_story_249075024.html) [cbs4denver.com: CBS4 Broncos Insiders] - 9/6/2007 5:52:00 AM

SBboundBRONCOS
09-06-2007, 09:02 AM
its about time, i knew shanny would make this move but just not sure when, after all we couldnt have stokley play #2

Calibroncogrl47
09-06-2007, 09:10 AM
Wow.. I didnt see it coming but I am very excited about it.. Good for him!

anton...
09-06-2007, 09:26 AM
it was only a matter of time...

marshall will be a monster this season!!

:werd:
________
Waterbongs (http://glassbongs.org/)

Retired_Member_001
09-06-2007, 12:38 PM
He can be an amazing player. I'm not sure he is mentally there yet.

BroncoAV06
09-06-2007, 12:59 PM
I like Stokley in the slot, he made his living from there. I know the Broncos are not the Colts but in 3 WR sets he still looks like he can be productive even after his injury last year.

Marshall has loads of potential as a big possesion reciver. Would like to see him start of strong, just catch passes, make some yards after the catch. Anything to get teams to have to spread out the coverage more then just on Javon.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-06-2007, 02:12 PM
As most know I was one of the first people to even talk about Marshall, and even started the fan club right after he was drafted. Marshall passes the physical part of the game with flying colors, but it's really the mental aspect he, along with most players need to work on. He was in Shanahan's dog house in training camp for not going out there to compete when it was likely he could have. It was a mental thing, and Mike finally had enough and Brandon got out there.

It's the mental aspects of the game that make or break how well a player is going to be. There are too many times on the Broncos, and in the league in general where the most physically gifted players never live up to the hype because they're mentally weak, and approach the game like ***** cats.

Here's to Brandon getting past that.

Watchthemiddle
09-06-2007, 02:17 PM
I really hope this kid keeps a good head on his shoulders. I think he will. Javon is a stud and will hopefully keep this kid humble ( on the team and locker room ) but he can be a cocky as he wants on the field.

I am really liking the trio we are going to put on the field this year. First time in a long time I am not worring about our WR's.

SBboundBRONCOS
09-06-2007, 03:10 PM
As most know I was one of the first people to even talk about Marshall, and even started the fan club right after he was drafted. Marshall passes the physical part of the game with flying colors, but it's really the mental aspect he, along with most players need to work on. He was in Shanahan's dog house in training camp for not going out there to compete when it was likely he could have. It was a mental thing, and Mike finally had enough and Brandon got out there.

It's the mental aspects of the game that make or break how well a player is going to be. There are too many times on the Broncos, and in the league in general where the most physically gifted players never live up to the hype because they're mentally weak, and approach the game like ***** cats.

Here's to Brandon getting past that.

i think your right, but i dont really see it as much as a problem but more just due to his inexperience,

he had no idea scar tissue would build up on him, and that he would have to break it in and work through it, once he figured that out he was good in my book.

i just love his size, 6-4 hes huge even next to huge people (i noticed that at training camp, he just jumps out at you), and the way he just snatches the ball out of the air gets me really pumped to see what he can do in the spotlight,

i think we found someone very special here, hes going to have a great season :rockon:

RunYouOver
09-06-2007, 05:25 PM
Sounds good.

I'm positive he'll surprise the NFL World this year.:beer:

Skywalker
09-06-2007, 05:52 PM
Go Brandon :woot:

Skinny
09-06-2007, 05:57 PM
I really get a good giggle when i read people saying he's "inexperianced" and "unproven"!

lol, he was a rookie last season ! :smack:

I have high hopes for him and am really looking forward to see what he can do as a starter, especially lining up opposite Javon with Jay slinging the rock.

Barring injury, the sky's the limit for this young man.

broncosfanscott
09-06-2007, 07:22 PM
I am not surprised about him being named a starter with all the talent he has. He looked very good in the preseason and with Javon on the other side........very nice! :salute:

RBDynasty
09-06-2007, 08:02 PM
I can't wait to see what this guy can do as our #2! I wasn't too big on him when we first drafted him but he's shown enough flashes here and there that shows that he can be exciting and dangerous. Here's to hoping he and Javon just destroy opposing DBs this season! :beer: