PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Royal, Larsen out against Eagles

Denver Native (Carol)
12-25-2009, 05:10 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_14069899?source=rss

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said at his Christmas press gathering Friday that returner/receiver Eddie Royal (neck) and fullback/special teams standout Spencer Larsen (hamstring) would not play Sunday against the Eagles.

The injuries are a blow to the Broncos' special teams. It's possible Kenny McKinley, a fifth-round drafted rookie, would handle most of the return duties and become the No. 5 receiver. Royal's absence could also mean another catch or two for Brandon Stokley and Jabar Gaffney. It's also possible veteran receiver Brandon Lloyd could dress for the first time this season.

Royal has averaged less than 2 catches and 22 yards the previous nine games so his production would be more greatly missed in returns.

With Larsen out, McDaniels acknowledged Peyton Hillis would be the Broncos' fullback against the Eagles.

BroncoAV06
12-25-2009, 05:16 PM
Hillis will be held out because he needs to be ready to return kicks.......

Denver Native (Carol)
12-25-2009, 05:22 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/ under video/audio

Nomad
12-25-2009, 05:43 PM
That's too bad, someone has to step up....Hillis and Stokley (playing receiver) because I forgot who else returns, maybe that kid from South Carolina!! Sounds like Buck will be able to have a go at it??

nevcraw
12-25-2009, 06:01 PM
whatever rinkles Mcd has in his skinny playbook, he may want use them this week. A FB pass or 2 would be nice to see.

Northman
12-25-2009, 06:14 PM
Wasnt McKinley known for being a good ST's guy?

Nomad
12-25-2009, 06:36 PM
Wasnt McKinley known for being a good ST's guy?

McKinley from South Carolina is who I was thinking of. I thought he did a good job when given the few opportunities!!

dogfish
12-25-2009, 07:25 PM
****!

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-25-2009, 08:03 PM
Every dog has his day, I hope to see the big man in the end zone showing us a Mile High Salute.
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh203/yaboymikejoneswhomikejonesthreefourbaby/NFL/Hillis.png

UnderArmour
12-25-2009, 08:40 PM
Royal? Who is that? Does he play receiver?

Bozo Jr.
12-26-2009, 12:30 AM
Hopefully with Royal out, we can get Stokes into the game plan. The guy is "$"
and is always there when you need the big play. That is when he is on the field at least.

He's still my favorite Bronco!

Ravage!!!
12-26-2009, 03:02 AM
We know the excuse for Hillis not getting carries will be THIS week again. "he's the only FB since Larsen is out" (whatever that means).

Nomad
12-26-2009, 09:16 AM
Hopefully with Royal out, we can get Stokes into the game plan. The guy is "$"
and is always there when you need the big play. That is when he is on the field at least.

He's still my favorite Bronco!

People are aggrevated not seeing more of Hillis but I'm like you and wonder why Stokely isn't in on more plays and he does have sure hands. I know he's been injured and concern with the concussions but I thought he was ok now!

broncofaninfla
12-26-2009, 11:35 AM
Coach also said there would be somebody else playing fullback this week as well but didn't say who. Hillis will be a ghost like he has all season.

dogfish
12-26-2009, 01:03 PM
We know the excuse for Hillis not getting carries will be THIS week again. "he's the only FB since Larsen is out" (whatever that means).

McD just announced that Hillis won't be starting at fullback, as he's too valuable as a backup fullback to risk him-- lamont jordan will be starting at fullback. . . .

Ravage!!!
12-26-2009, 01:40 PM
McD just announced that Hillis won't be starting at fullback, as he's too valuable as a backup fullback to risk him-- lamont jordan will be starting at fullback. . . .

RIGHT... thats much better. "He's too valuable as the back-up fullback." WTH does this mean??? Has anyone EVER.. EVER used this excuse with any other player at ANY other position, in the HISTORY of watching NFL games? Seriously. Has anyone heard this excuse before this season? This completely stumps me, and for the life of me don't know why the media isn't asking "WHAT THE HELL DOES THIS MEAN?"

rcsodak
12-26-2009, 09:06 PM
McKinley from South Carolina is who I was thinking of. I thought he did a good job when given the few opportunities!!

Spurrier loved him.

rcsodak
12-26-2009, 09:08 PM

Ok...that simply didn't make any sense. :confused:

rcsodak
12-26-2009, 09:09 PM
RIGHT... thats much better. "He's too valuable as the back-up fullback." WTH does this mean??? Has anyone EVER.. EVER used this excuse with any other player at ANY other position, in the HISTORY of watching NFL games? Seriously. Has anyone heard this excuse before this season? This completely stumps me, and for the life of me don't know why the media isn't asking "WHAT THE HELL DOES THIS MEAN?"

YEAH! That's almost as bad as Shanny always saying they were just "1 or 2 players away"!!!!

:coffee:

dogfish
12-26-2009, 09:27 PM
Ok...that simply didn't make any sense. :confused:

sarcasm detector on the fritz RC?

maybe you need another cup of coffee. . . . :lol:

rcsodak
12-26-2009, 11:52 PM
sarcasm detector on the fritz RC?
maybe you need another cup of coffee. . . . :lol:
Eh...prolly another dose of pain meds/muscle relaxants. lol

Got dumped on by the snowman yesterday....16" of the pretty white stuff. The drifts were higher than my blower, so in the attempt to shovel some of it, I tweaked my lower back.

Anyway...

...that's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :D