PDA

View Full Version : Lost Odyssey & Dark Messiah of Might and Magic Elements

fcspikeit
02-12-2008, 05:14 PM
I haven't bought a game in a while and I am going to buy one or the other. I was hopping to get feedback from someone who has played either of these games.

I love RPG's. They both look good, it looks like Lost Odyssey might be turn based battle like Final fantasy? I am not a fan of that system. I like Elder Scrolls and it seems Dark Messiah looks to be pretty close to that. But the story & graphics look better on Lost Odyssey.

So, I am torn. What do you think?

NameUsedBefore
02-13-2008, 02:03 AM
Dark Messiah is very glitchy. You can get a demo of it somewhere; I'd look up forums or some other source to see if its all fixed up. It seemed like it had a lot of potential when I played it.

I've never even heard of Lost Odyssey, though.

fcspikeit
02-14-2008, 02:31 PM
I haven't bought a game in a while and I am going to buy one or the other. I was hopping to get feedback from someone who has played either of these games.

I love RPG's. They both look good, it looks like Lost Odyssey might be turn based battle like Final fantasy? I am not a fan of that system. I like Elder Scrolls and it seems Dark Messiah looks to be pretty close to that. But the story & graphics look better on Lost Odyssey.

So, I am torn. What do you think?

I found out Lost Odyssey is a turn base RPG :( Also, there seems to be a lot of dialog to get through and the battles are few and far between. They said they had to wonder around back and forth to get the random battles to occure. I guess you can encounter a high boss at early levels. The bosses rank is not set off of yours. Therefore you have no chance in winning the battle, they also said the boss battles take a long time. Probably because of all the scroll windows you have to get through to select your turn base attack. Man I hate that!

I will have to look for more info on Dark Messiah of Might and Magic Elements.. Thanks for the heads up about it NameUsedBefore :salute:

NameUsedBefore
02-14-2008, 05:12 PM
Other action-RPGs that you might want to look into are Deus Ex and Deus Ex: Invisible War. They're excellent games, but pretty old and a 'modern' setting as opposed to the Medieval-esque stuff you typically see in RPGs. Sweet storylines, though (stories change depending on your actions).

fcspikeit
02-14-2008, 05:32 PM
Other action-RPGs that you might want to look into are Deus Ex and Deus Ex: Invisible War. They're excellent games, but pretty old and a 'modern' setting as opposed to the Medieval-esque stuff you typically see in RPGs. Sweet storylines, though (stories change depending on your actions).

Are they open world play or are they mission/level based? Most games have the main story objectives but I like the others that also have the open world play and side quest's.

I don't particularly like shooters either. I thought both of the games you mentioned were shooter? One of my favorite games of all time was Shenmue 1 and 2. I also liked Jade Empire. There have been many but I like the games that take a while to finish. 50 + hour games.

The others just feel like a waist of money to me. I also really like the games that you can level your Char up without doing the main missions. When I played Elder scrolls Morrowind I was maxed out when I got to the end. The main enemy was pathetically easy. I couple blows and he was dead. I could wipe out an entire town and never use a potion.

NameUsedBefore
02-14-2008, 08:18 PM
Ever play Diablo 2? It sounds right up your alley.

fcspikeit
02-14-2008, 09:18 PM
Ever play Diablo 2? It sounds right up your alley.

No I have not... It is PC only right? I do play Guild Wars on PC but I mainly play 360. Do you have to pay a monthly subscription to play like WOW?

NameUsedBefore
02-14-2008, 11:06 PM
Diablo 2 + Exp are free to play online. They're pure hack-n-slash but you really can't go wrong if that's what you're into.