PDA

View Full Version : Land of Misfit Teams

Shazam!
12-23-2009, 11:44 PM
Welcome to the Land of Misfit teams. These poor, hapless souls and pieces of worthlessness have never won anything of note and are laden with a history of failures.

The worst of these in the Land are the teams that give you a high in the regular season, but then come the Playoffs in crunch time where it matters most, it is only disappointment. They end up leaving you stranded, frustrated and filled with feelings of angst at witnessing their latest failure and postseason disaster... again.

Their fanbase talks a lot of trash during the regular season... until their postseason ends in failure. Then, they come back dejected and humilated as reality sets in. There was a lot of talk of what 'could be' but actually wasn't. How the losing will end but it never does. It was like it was all a big lie, believing in something that never was.

The San Diego Chargers are the loveable fools of the Land, who have led their respective Division in recent years, but have never won anything worth talking about and have nothing to show for it. They look like Chamiponship contenders... for a little while. All those years of getting their brains beat in must have caused some kind of permanent damage to their psyche.

Teams with Championship glory are not there. Even the NY Jets and KC Chiefs are not in the Land because they at least have glory days and history to cling to. Hell, even world class losers like Buffalo and Minnesota aren't there either.

They are on the Land with some other teams who are big, big losers. This is like being Cleveland Browns status. That is very, very embarassing.

Some teams may temporarily escape this Land, or falsely believe they have permanently, only to return immediately to the Land of Mediocrity. San Diego has done this many, many times. Their fans will be heckled along the way. Those who have not been affected by the sickness realize that they will come crashing back down to earth very, very soon and are eager to ridicule the hapless fan base as they return to the Land, dreaming of Championship glory that isn't coming.

There is a Merry Christmas for these teams followed by a rotten start to the New Year.

Maybe next year... again.

pumpdoc
12-24-2009, 07:27 AM
Counter smack? Hahaha

weazel
12-24-2009, 11:05 AM
that was well written, nice job.

I will say that the Chargers looks pretty good right now and Rivers is playing great.

...They might even win a playoff game this time!!! (I couldn't leave nicely...)

Bozo Jr.
12-25-2009, 02:08 PM
that was well written, nice job.

I will say that the Chargers looks pretty good right now and Rivers is playing great.

...They might even win a playoff game this time!!! (I couldn't leave nicely...)

They might. But everyone knows they won't. I can't wait to see Rivers pompous ass pouting on the sidelines again, and LT shedding a few more tears. He should be crying over his finished career. That joke of a RB is done! lol

pumpdoc
12-26-2009, 08:44 AM
We did our part last night, now can you do yours by beating the Eagles? I'd love nothing better than to face the Broncos in the playoffs............................

Bronco Bible
12-26-2009, 11:10 AM
We did our part last night, now can you do yours by beating the Eagles? I'd love nothing better than to face the Broncos in the playoffs............................

Be very careful you might just get what you wish for!!!!!!

Bronco Bible
12-26-2009, 11:14 AM
They might. But everyone knows they won't. I can't wait to see Rivers pompous ass pouting on the sidelines again, and LT shedding a few more tears. He should be crying over his finished career. That joke of a RB is done! lol

But I am sure he will think he went out "classy" remember he has a very high opinion of himself.

Medford Bronco
12-26-2009, 10:25 PM
I see the misfits
as the Browns, have they even won since Otto Graham.

The Rams since Kurt Warner left

ursamajor
01-01-2010, 07:21 AM
I see the misfits
as the Browns, have they even won since Otto Graham.

The Rams since Kurt Warner left

Jim Brown?

Medford Bronco
01-01-2010, 01:32 PM
Jim Brown?

okay I might be off by 5 years but he Browns are a joke in the Super Bowl era.

Shazam!
01-17-2010, 09:19 PM
BUMP!

San Diego thought they have finally found their way out of The Land of Misfit Teams, only to come crashing down to reality face first.

The Chargers are definitely atop the chain of Misft Teams, with a history of ineptitude and failure.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T.K.O.
03-05-2010, 01:50 PM
i saw this comment at pft after a T.O. article....cracked me up:laugh:

jlbay says:
March 5, 2010 1:29 PM
They should trade for Jay Cutler and Jeremy Shockey . . . that way they could have divas at every offensive skill position:

QB: Cutler (waaaaaw . . . I don't want to play for this team trade me)
RB: Benson (who was a good soldier this year but has a history of Diva-ism)
WR: Ocho Cinco (Mr. Eight Five - no Eighty Five)
WR: TO (Too Obnoxious)
TE: Jeremy Shockey (I'm too sexy for New York)

Wow that would be one hell of an all-Diva lineup . . . the crying would be louder than the stadium noise.