PDA

View Full Version : Al Wilson to sign?!......

BOSSHOGG30
02-12-2008, 10:16 AM
with the lions?

Former Broncos LB Al Wilson will visit with the Lions on Tuesday.

Wilson, who's been medically cleared after suffering a neck injury in 2006, would be an ideal fit in coach Rod Marinelli's defense. The Lions need a run stuffer badly to supplant Paris Lenon, who Detroit intends to move outside.
Source: Denver Post

weazel
02-12-2008, 10:21 AM
good for Al, I hope he makes the team!

turftoad
02-12-2008, 11:00 AM
I think the Broncos need a run stuffer too.

topscribe
02-12-2008, 11:01 AM
If Al is truly healthy, I wish the Broncos would go after him . . .

-----

Requiem / The Dagda
02-12-2008, 11:02 AM
Sweet, now I can see him destroy Vikings players twice a year. Best of luck to #56.

Rick
02-12-2008, 11:03 AM
As much as I never thought him to be as good as others did, he just was not a dominating run stuffer IMO, he was certainly good.

Bring him back to play MLB, move DJ back to Weakside, and trade off Gold.

ChampWJ
02-12-2008, 11:38 AM
Maybe he's just testing the waters to determine his worth. I don't think this necessarily rules out the Broncos just yet.

jrelway
02-12-2008, 11:47 AM
if he is good to go, the broncos should give him a shot to compete..thats the least they can do. I wouldnt mind having him back. im sure the players wouldnt mind playing with al again also. say no to detroit al. they ruin the careers of players.

topscribe
02-12-2008, 11:55 AM
if he is good to go, the broncos should give him a shot to compete..thats the least they can do. I wouldnt mind having him back. im sure the players wouldnt mind playing with al again also. say no to detroit al. they ruin the careers of players.

One of the most talked about issues has been the void of leadership among
the front seven. Besides being a Pro Bowler, Wilson was not only a leader
up there, but he was the heart and soul of that defense. And I really think
D.J. would be thrilled at assuming his natural position where I believe he
could be a superstar (just look at his rookie year's stats there).

I don't know . . . maybe I don't know what I'm talking about here. But I think
I would haunt Wilson until he agreed to come back.

-----

jrelway
02-12-2008, 11:57 AM
it is what it is, we're a better defense with him. period.

Watchthemiddle
02-12-2008, 12:36 PM
If he does play again, whoever lands him is getting one heck of a MLB.

Slick
02-12-2008, 12:42 PM

-----

I agree Top. He was a leader and an emotional spark plug going back to his days at Tennessee. The day we drafted him, brought a smile to my face. He's just a competitor. Those qualities are what we missed most.

DJ may have more physical talent, but he doesn't provide that leadership the way Al did. If Lynch retires, there goes another player with those same qualities.

AlWilsonizKING
02-12-2008, 01:42 PM
AlWilsonizKING and I will support him wearing OnB or SnB.

:salute:

PEACE!!!

Slick
02-12-2008, 01:54 PM

PEACE!!!

Loyal to the bone.

Good to see you AWIK. :salute:

PEACE!!!(TM AWIK)

AlWilsonizKING
02-12-2008, 01:59 PM
Loyal to the bone.

Good to see you AWIK. :salute:

PEACE!!!(TM AWIK)

Got that right Slick......when Atwater was playing (my all time fav) I even went as far as getting an "Official" NY J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets Atwater jersey, straight from NY!!!...was told only a few were made, since no Jets fans really knew who Atwater was :confused:

I still wear it if we happen to play the Jets....my ex wore it last time and said she got so many rude comments from people who didn't even take the time to see WHO THE PLAYER ON THE JERSEY WAS....hahahahaha "Ignorance is Bliss"

(btw, love the TM!!):beer:

PEACE!!!

broncohead
02-12-2008, 09:20 PM
Won't worry about drafting a LB in day one if AL comes back. There probibly is a slim chance though. Other teams will probably be willing to dish out more cash.

Bronco9798
02-12-2008, 09:58 PM
Al doesn't need to come back. Time to keep moving on.

Rick
02-12-2008, 10:00 PM
More importantly after we reportedly tried to deal him to atleast 2 different teams and ultimately released him, he probably won't want to come back.

gobroncsnv
02-12-2008, 11:25 PM
I could deal with having him back IF he returned to his form of the first several years of his career. Was a MUCH better tackler then. His leadership would be very important, but we already have folks who miss tackles. Obviously, with Al, it wasn't lack of desire, it was lack of health. But when he is ON, he's a thing of beauty to watch. I would take him back IF he's ALL THE WAY BACK. He can't get his youth back, but that is a tough position to play without healthy shoulders and neck.

OB
02-12-2008, 11:47 PM

PEACE!!!

Al can wear me any day LMAO

OB
02-12-2008, 11:53 PM
I am old school and I think certain players should always play on their team

I would totally welcome his leadership - it is def. a major issue with us - Cutler just doesnt have it (hopefully he will get it someday - but who to learn better from)

If he's healthy and could help the team (and at this point I could play MLB and be an improvement :lol: ) I say lets go for it - just watch the $$$$ - no reason to get stupid about that

And I saw his injury - I bout cried my ass off - i was so scared he got super hurt - i know it effected him but im soooo glad it wasnt more serious

ikillz0mbies
02-13-2008, 12:21 AM
I actually think Cutler is starting to become a leader. He's showing emotion and is very vocal with other players. There is absolutely no doubt Al Wilson will bring a VETERAN leadership on the team and perhaps some fire. But there is one thing he brings that I think is needed, and that is locker room leadership. He is one of those guys that can bring the whole team together when the going gets tough. Just know, he might not come back so just hope someone in the locker room can be a leader like Al.

Timmy!
02-13-2008, 01:31 AM
IF he is truly healthy, Captain Al would be a great addition.

MyBroncosFootball
02-13-2008, 11:42 PM
How much do you think Al Wilson will sign for?

AlWilsonizKING
02-13-2008, 11:48 PM
Just poppin' in to say AlWlisonizKING and don't you forget it!!

;):laugh::salute:

PEACE!!!

omac
02-14-2008, 04:06 AM

-----

DJ wouldn't be thrilled to go back to will; in his interview, he views his move to mike as a promotion and he'd rather stay there. He said if he had to be moved again, he wouldn't want to play sam. So by his words, we can infer that moving him out of this position would be a demotion to him. Besides, DJ was one of the few bright spots on our defense.

I wouldn't want Al Wilson to come back and play for the Broncos, because I'd be fearful for his health everytime anyone lays a vicious hit on him. Besides, he just wasn't as effective later on, maybe because of his injury.

Give DJ time and he could develop into the heart of this Denver defense. For a guy who just took over the position, plus with all the problems in Denver since trying to implement Bates' system, he's done pretty well.

YoungMoneyMay
02-14-2008, 05:32 AM
If the Broncos are smart they would sign Al Wilson. Wilson might not be so great but he is pretty solid. Plus that would give us a chance to move DJ Williams back to weakside. Atleast untill we can find a natural MLB.

Stargazer
02-14-2008, 05:50 AM
GL to Al in trying to return to the NFL.

Al isn't coming back to Denver. Get used to it people. He's finished in Denver.

YoungMoneyMay
02-14-2008, 06:02 AM
GL to Al in trying to return to the NFL.

Al isn't coming back to Denver. Get used to it people. He's finished in Denver.

Your right. I just want to get DJ back to weakside and groom a natural MLB

YoungMoneyMay
02-14-2008, 06:04 AM
DJ wouldn't be thrilled to go back to will; in his interview, he views his move to mike as a promotion and he'd rather stay there. He said if he had to be moved again, he wouldn't want to play sam. So by his words, we can infer that moving him out of this position would be a demotion to him. Besides, DJ was one of the few bright spots on our defense.

I wouldn't want Al Wilson to come back and play for the Broncos, because I'd be fearful for his health everytime anyone lays a vicious hit on him. Besides, he just wasn't as effective later on, maybe because of his injury.

Give DJ time and he could develop into the heart of this Denver defense. For a guy who just took over the position, plus with all the problems in Denver since trying to implement Bates' system, he's done pretty well.

Your right he was 2nd in the league with around 160 tackles or something. But those tackles for the most part was about 7-10 yards up the field. I think he could mature into a good MLB but hes a Great weakside backer.

omac
02-14-2008, 07:26 AM
Your right he was 2nd in the league with around 160 tackles or something. But those tackles for the most part was about 7-10 yards up the field. I think he could mature into a good MLB but hes a Great weakside backer.

Probably because of a DL that was poor against the run. Still, he's had some tackles for losses, like in the Pittsburgh game. I do hope he matures into a great MLB.

Joel
02-14-2008, 09:44 AM

-----
If he's healthy and we can afford him this is a no brainer, IMHO. It's not even about the whole "we can't do that to D.J.!" thing; we have two starting caliber LBs right now (and some would debate that... ) and we need a minimum of three. If Al came back we'd be where I want to be again: A great MLB and a great OLB as his heir apparent, plus a solid coverage Will who can dedicate himself to covering backs and ends because the other two have the blitzing and run stuffing covered. We'd still need good depth and a NT or two to tie up blockers and allow blitzers into the backfield (just like when Al was healthy) but I think there's no question Als return would be a big improvement to the team, and we no longer have two QBs earning $7 mill apiece to get in the way of it.