PDA

View Full Version : What can we do to beat Philly?

Medford Bronco
12-23-2009, 09:15 PM
So I am over the Raider loss. Its toast and time to move on.

Now in the spirit of Christmas lets see what we can get as a "gift"
to beat Philly.

They put their pants on one leg at a time just like Denver does so
it is not impossible as most in the media believe.

Okay, first off we NEEED TO RUN THE BALL. (emphasis mine)
Get Moreno going and sprinkle in HILLIS yes that guy IF Buck is still hurt (is he?) No Jordan please, he sucks.

Second we must win the turnover battle. If not then it will be impossible to win this game or almost impossible :defense: is the key in this game

Third, pressure McNabb, No rushing 3 and dropping 8. That is a bad play. Must rush 4 or 5 all the time on passing downs.

Fourth. Lock Champ with some help on Deshawn Jackson. He can kill us if we let him. This D can get the job done.

Fifth stop whatever running game Philly has. At least they are not a huge running team. I think this plays into our favor.

Lastly get up on them and not play comeback. We can do this. They are not 14-0. Any team can beat anyone in the NFL if they execute.

Meds prediction.

Denver 24 Philly 21

Go Broncos. :beer:

BroncoWave
12-23-2009, 09:17 PM
I got a pair of the yellow and brown striped socks for x-mas. The good luck from me wearing them this Sunday will lead us to victory! :salute:

Medford Bronco
12-23-2009, 09:18 PM
I got a pair of the yellow and brown striped socks for x-mas. The good luck from me wearing them this Sunday will lead us to victory! :salute:

any maybe you get get the Sox A Gonzales as well ;):salute:

sorry for off topic

good karma, Go Broncos :salute:

camdisco24
12-23-2009, 09:20 PM
Stop McNabb and get things going early on Offense and we can stick with the Eagles.
It'll be a tough game but IMO we have ALOT more to play for than the eagles. Lets hope McD gets the troops fired up this week. We cannot play flat like we did against the Raiders.

BroncoWave
12-23-2009, 09:22 PM
Stop McNabb and get things going early on Offense and we can stick with the Eagles.
It'll be a tough game but IMO we have ALOT more to play for. Lets hope McD gets the troops fired up this week. We cannot play flat like we did against the Raiders.

Yeah, but it's not like the Eagles have nothing to play for. They still have their division and a possible first round bye on the line. You gotta believe they will be bringing their all as well.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-23-2009, 09:22 PM
Everything so far locally indicates Buck will play.

Medford Bronco
12-23-2009, 09:23 PM
It'll be a tough game but IMO we have ALOT more to play for than the eagles. Lets hope McD gets the troops fired up this week. We cannot play flat like we did against the Raiders.

Philly is playing for a division title vs Dallas and the Giants so they have a lot on the line as well. This should be a night game.

I dont want to see the Colts who have nothing to play for vs the Jets :puke:

Medford Bronco
12-23-2009, 09:23 PM
Everything so far locally indicates Buck will play.

Good, he can burn his old team hopefully. Some nice long runs. :salute:

Nomad
12-23-2009, 09:28 PM
I'm not very confident in the BRONCOS, but I haven't lost hope and will be cheering for them on Sunday!!

My mind tells me the Eagles are going to mop the floor with the BRONCOS and my heart tells me the BRONCOS will show up and win by 6 !!

camdisco24
12-23-2009, 09:37 PM
Philly is playing for a division title vs Dallas and the Giants so they have a lot on the line as well. This should be a night game.

I dont want to see the Colts who have nothing to play for vs the Jets :puke:

I guess I just feel like its ALOT more important for us because im a Bronco fan. haha

The Glue Factory
12-23-2009, 09:40 PM
Play like they did in Q2-3 against Indy. 'Nuff said!

Rick
12-23-2009, 09:51 PM
Score...

MasterShake
12-23-2009, 10:09 PM
If we can finish drives in the Red Zone for TD's, we have a great shot. Our defense is still really good, IMO. Running game is important, too. We can't get in a shootout or fall behind.

Superchop 7
12-23-2009, 11:09 PM
The Eagles have a problem stopping the no-huddle offense.

Thats all I've got.......very solid team.

getlynched47
12-23-2009, 11:10 PM
To beat Philly, stop the run. Force Donovan McNabb to test our #2 ranked passing defense. It's that simple. It was the same plan versus Oakland, except the Broncos forgot the part where they need to stop the run.

Offensively, we need to capitalize in the redzone. Settling for field goals won't get it done in the NFL, especially against the playoff-bound Eagles.

Shazam!
12-23-2009, 11:12 PM
If Vick comes in at all I hope Dawkins busts him up. That is all.

hotcarl
12-23-2009, 11:12 PM
To beat Philly, stop the run. Force Donovan McNabb to test our #2 ranked passing defense. It's that simple. It was the same plan versus Oakland, except the Broncos forgot the part where they need to stop the run.

Offensively, we need to capitalize in the redzone. Settling for field goals won't get it done in the NFL, especially against the playoff-bound Eagles.

thanks for this, buddy. i hope the broncos can read your mind because this shit is :salute:

BroncoWave
12-23-2009, 11:20 PM
If Vick comes in at all I hope Dawkins busts him up. That is all.

I don't see why he wouldn't come in. He's actually been pretty decent in the times he's gotten on the field in their past few games. And if we defend the run the way we did against Oakland he scares me. That play where Frye had a 26 yard rush could have been a TD with Vick. I still vividly remember what happened last time Vick played against Denver. That was definitely not pretty.

hotcarl
12-23-2009, 11:25 PM
I don't see why he wouldn't come in. He's actually been pretty decent in the times he's gotten on the field in their past few games. And if we defend the run the way we did against Oakland he scares me. That play where Frye had a 26 yard rush could have been a TD with Vick. I still vividly remember what happened last time Vick played against Denver. That was definitely not pretty.

oh well who gives a shit!!! :salute:

hotcarl
12-23-2009, 11:56 PM
I hope Philly HATES Dawkins by the end of the game.:defense:

yeah tha teill bie shwertt you df fuging peiicee of hiuman tradjsh i hu'dofpe we cahn marke a starter ment aghast thahoose a-HOLES! sddf ou donpkt want anakny ehsu GO jsdgBRONCHCOS! DAWSEKINS!@!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY

:salute:

jhildebrand
12-24-2009, 12:15 AM
Get the pidgeon that helped the Raiders beat them :lol:

In all seriousness, you beat philly with doom and dawk causing havoc on the defensive side, run the ball, and take chances at the seems when you go deep. SD and Oak have both beat philly.

UDX
12-24-2009, 12:25 AM
I don't think this game will be an issue. So far that I noted in these end games (I have to admit I been watching nfl for just about 4 years) it's the loosers that want to make you not go to playoffs. Winners don't care just like Arizona last year - once you clinch it's like whatever. KC would worry me more being a division rival.

Question - had Denver won Oakland game - would they have clinched considering all the other teams lost that needed to loose (except I am thinking pittsburgh)? Steelers, Ravens will be interesting this week for sure.

Hopefully I get to watch the Denver game since I am in Chicago (yes, yes yes it's because I like Kyle).

Regardless, they must win - that's it, I can't wait for sunday.

BroncoWave
12-24-2009, 12:39 AM
I don't think this game will be an issue. So far that I noted in these end games (I have to admit I been watching nfl for just about 4 years) it's the loosers that want to make you not go to playoffs. Winners don't care just like Arizona last year - once you clinch it's like whatever. KC would worry me more being a division rival.

Question - had Denver won Oakland game - would they have clinched considering all the other teams lost that needed to loose (except I am thinking pittsburgh)? Steelers, Ravens will be interesting this week for sure.

Hopefully I get to watch the Denver game since I am in Chicago (yes, yes yes it's because I like Kyle).

Regardless, they must win - that's it, I can't wait for sunday.

You do realize Philly still has a lot to play for? They still haven't clinched their division and they still have a shot at a first round bye. They will bring their best effort against us.

And to answer your question, no, Denver would not have clinched, but it would have likely all but secured their spot.

UnderArmour
12-24-2009, 12:42 AM
If the Broncos score more points than the Philadelphia Eagles, there is a 100% chance they will emerge victorious on Sunday. Never in NFL history has a team lost who has outscored the other team, so to beat Philly, the Broncos must score more points than Philly.

camdisco24
12-24-2009, 02:12 AM
If the Broncos score more points than the Philadelphia Eagles, there is a 100% chance they will emerge victorious on Sunday. Never in NFL history has a team lost who has outscored the other team, so to beat Philly, the Broncos must score more points than Philly.

You are so wise.
:salute:

red98
12-24-2009, 02:16 AM

Your theories intrigue me and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter...:laugh:

Seriously, we need a great game from our D, pressure on McNab etc.

But it's going to take a monster game from Orton, quick tempo passing no mistakes, to win this game.

JDL
12-24-2009, 04:38 AM
1) Commit to the run. (with more Zone-blocking runs)

2) Give Moreno regular breathers. It's his first season. I don't care if it is Hillis or Jordan at this point, but when he is clearly battling fatigue, don't give him MORE work!

3) Run specific plays for Royal to get the ball in his hands, whether a reverse or WR screen, he is dangerous with the ball in his hands and if Orton can't get the ball to him on slant routes, find other ways.

4) Play McNabb soft. In other words, hold back most big blitzes. Concentrate and be ready for screen passes. Force McNabb to be patient, it is something he isn't particularly good at and when he tries to force it, make him pay.

5) Otherwise, no turnovers and don't let the game turn into a shootout. Frustrate the Eagles by making it slow-paced and just a drag-out type fight, like we did to teams earlier in the season. Don't be cute, be ugly, tough ugly... hitting hard, make them pay for every yard, and make them work down the field, try to eat clock. This was really the formula early in the season and this is how we beat a good team on the road.

JDL
12-24-2009, 04:40 AM
BTW, watch the hell out for Weaver... tough runners seem to be more problematic for Denver than scat back types. Gang tackle him, PLEASE!

sneakers
12-24-2009, 05:24 AM
Must resist saying "score more points than the eagles".....

Northman
12-24-2009, 06:34 AM
Bring out the ugly uniforms.

Nomad
12-24-2009, 08:57 AM

Most accurate answer here:lol:

broncophan
12-24-2009, 09:06 AM
Stop Deshawn Jackson.......he has had a helluva year
Don't let Vick beat ya...
Play like we did against the NY football Giants...

Nomad
12-24-2009, 09:23 AM
Brian Westbrook is going to start, so I hope the BRONCOS doesn't make him look like a HOF!!! Run :defense: better show up! I think Vick will be the X factor!

broncofaninfla
12-24-2009, 09:33 AM
The Eagles are a better team and by far better coached. Our offense is putrid and play calling predictable and our defense is playing like they are flat worn out from bailing out the offense all season long........ We need to get lucky to beat the Eagles and hope McNabb and D Jackson have off games.

broncophan
12-24-2009, 09:38 AM
The Eagles are a better team and by far better coached. Our offense is putrid and play calling predictable and our defense is playing like they are flat worn out from bailing out the offense all season long........ We need to get lucky to beat the Eagles and hope McNabb and D Jackson have off games.

D Jackson will make Champ look silly.....so Champ will need help.....imo........and as Nomad pointed out......Westbrook coming back as well.....is just something else for our defense to have to deal with...

dogfish
12-24-2009, 01:06 PM
What can we do to beat Philly?

go tanya harding on mcnabb's knee before the game?

nah. . . but we do need to pressure him, and that means mixing up our blitzes the way we did in the first game against san diego. . . bring guys from different spots-- find a way to get doom isolated against their tight ends, who are average at best in pass pro, instead of trying to get around jason peters all day. . . if we can force mcnabb to get the ball out of his hands quickly to prevent those big plays from developing down the field, it's a big advantage. . . and give our corners help over the top against jackson at all times! even if somebody gets isolated on the other side. . .

they have a fast defense that flies to the ball-- we should test them with play action. . . but if josh calls fifteen screen plays, we won't win this game-- philly's defense has been going up against one of the league's best screen offenses every day in practice for years now, we go to the well too much and they'll blow that shit up. . . moreno needs to be decisive and hit the holes hard-- no hesitation and tiptoeing behind the line this week. . . we also need to mix up our first down playcalling a little more, and stay out of those third-and-longs where sean "i learned everything i know from the great jim johnson" mcdermott loves to unleash those exotic blitzes. . .

and perhaps most important of all, we NEED to put up some touchdowns when we get into the red zone. . . marshall, graham and chef match up well with philly's smallish DBs-- we need to exploit that if we're going to win. . .

Ravage!!!
12-24-2009, 01:10 PM
turnovers. If we get lucky, and get turnovers, then we have a chance. We are going to need to play a game like we did in the first 6 games of the season, something we haven't seen in 8 weeks.

If we can keep Philly from scoring, at all, in the second half of the game, then it gives our offense a chance.

underrated29
12-24-2009, 01:12 PM
westbrooke is done. I had him ff last year and this year. One hit from DJ and westy is going to fold hardcore. DJ is just bringing the pain this year.

I worry about mcnabb and mccoy. Philly likes to go deep a lot. So lets get to mcnabb before his wr can get deeep/open. I thought we would open the flood gates against the faiders last week. And for whatever freaking reason we did not.

When we blitz we are really successful. We need to show donovan what that feels like. Its nuts too, when the season started nolan could smell the blood in the water. Now not so much, maybe playing it safe because of the offense. I dont know, but man, i guess i am just a really agressive individual. Get in his head early and let him mess the game up from there on out.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-24-2009, 02:08 PM
Last night on Ch4 sports, Vic Lombardi stated something interesting - "Out of the 10 wins that Philadelphia has so far this year, only 2 of them have come against a team who has a winning record - they have beat the NY Giants twice"

Poet
12-24-2009, 02:27 PM
Philly gets most of it's mileage out of big plays on offense. They feel that it's only a matter of time before one of their burners finds a hole in coverage. Your secondary is a strength, so that's basically the matchup of the day.

I expect Denver's front seven to get some sacks, and I also expect them to falter on a few screens and quick outs. McNabb will probably end up getting some scrambling yards, that's just how that goes.

The wildcard is obviously the wildcat. Vick poses enough of a threat that he's worth worrying about.

I don't know who wins this game. I don't expect much out of Westbrook, and their new RB isn't bad, but he's not a gamebreaker yet.

You have to run the ball in this game. The best place for Philly's offense to be is on the bench.

This is a game you can win, in my pickem pool I have Philly, but not by a long shot, so good luck.

Lonestar
12-25-2009, 11:22 AM
It will be a tough game to win.

They have a lot of weapons on O.

Their D was designed by a master.

But then on any given sunday.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel.

Nomad
12-25-2009, 06:39 PM
I'm not very confident in the BRONCOS, but I haven't lost hope and will be cheering for them on Sunday!!

My mind tells me the Eagles are going to mop the floor with the BRONCOS and my heart tells me the BRONCOS will show up and win by 6 !!

I'm going with my heart and the BRONCOS win!!

BRONCOS 29

Eagles 23

Bozo Jr.
12-25-2009, 07:10 PM
I'm going with my heart and the BRONCOS win!!

BRONCOS 29

Eagles 23

That would be so fantastic!
At this point if we can put up a 10-6 after all the
ups and downs this season I would be thrilled!

This week against Philly I would love to see a few
big plays down field early to try and catch them sleeping.
If it succeeds and we go up by a few scores early, we then
use some ZBS and pound the ball on the ground. All the while
building on our lead. It doesn't matter to me what RB is
having the success, just as long as it's working.

This game, (if we can pull out a win), could do a lot
to build confidence going into week 17 and into the playoffs
as well! Have Faith in our Team folks, we all know if our team
and coaches executes their game plan we could and should
win this game.

silkamilkamonico
12-25-2009, 08:28 PM

Yea, Andy Reid has looked like a coaching genius against the likes of numerous sub .500 teams they have beat.

broncophan
12-25-2009, 08:33 PM
Yea, Andy Reid has looked like a coaching genius against the likes of numerous sub .500 teams they have beat.

Well.....we are 2-6 in our last 8 games........so it is not like the eagles are playing one of the nfl powerhouses this Sunday either.....hopefully it is not more of the same...

silkamilkamonico
12-25-2009, 09:17 PM
Well.....we are 2-6 in our last 8 games........so it is not like the eagles are playing one of the nfl powerhouses this Sunday either.....hopefully it is not more of the same...

I still don't see under all the circumstances how that translates to superior coaching from Philly's staff though.

broncophan
12-26-2009, 12:05 PM
I still don't see under all the circumstances how that translates to superior coaching from Philly's staff though.

He just said the eagles are "far better outcoached" than the broncos.......hard to argue with that,........

Biz1
12-26-2009, 12:17 PM
I realize many of you will not like hearing this, but keeping McNabb/Vick &Co. off the field is how you beat Philly...and we all know what that means.

However, that doesn't mean McD cannot throw in some of those plays that were used early last Fall. Since this is a must win, expect Josh to go conservative(I would). I think it gives Denver the best chance of success. If they lose, I would state the same as a HC to the press. Since the L would eliminate Denver from the playoffs, then I would completely open the offense for the final game and use it to build upon.

But, let's all just assume you win tomorrow:beer:

HORSEPOWER 56
12-26-2009, 12:40 PM
We have to play a perfect game with no turnovers and hope the Eagles don't show up. Other than that, I don't see much chance of winning. Philly is playing their best ball of the year and we're playing our worst. Unless there is a big reversal of fortunes, I don't think we have much chance. The offense MUST score TDs.

It's not hopeless and anything can happen (that's why you play the game) but unless we're a totally different team than we were for the last few weeks, I don't think this will be pretty.

Ravage!!!
12-26-2009, 01:41 PM
I say is SPOT on to protect our back-up FB.... thats the perfect place to start.

broken12
12-26-2009, 03:27 PM
trade them offensive gameplans then line up all our defense within 8 yds line of scrimmage!

Bozo Jr.
12-26-2009, 03:37 PM
Food poisoning crossed my mind. Then we would win for sure!

silkamilkamonico
12-26-2009, 03:37 PM
He just said the eagles are "far better outcoached" than the broncos.......hard to argue with that,........

Not sure I agree with that.

We were expected to finish anywhere from 3-13 to 6-10 according to a lot of analysts and experts. Coaching has gotten us to 8-6. Denver is also 5-4 against teams that are still alive for the playoffs. Philly is 2-3 (Beat Giants twice) against teams alive for the playoffs. So while our coaching not only has done a better job than what was expected this year, they've done a better job of getting the teams ready against the better competition than Philly has.

I would even argue Denver has done a better job coaching than Philly has.

BroncoSojia
12-26-2009, 04:03 PM
Pray?

Medford Bronco
12-26-2009, 10:12 PM
I realize many of you will not like hearing this, but keeping McNabb/Vick &Co. off the field is how you beat Philly...and we all know what that means.

However, that doesn't mean McD cannot throw in some of those plays that were used early last Fall. Since this is a must win, expect Josh to go conservative(I would). I think it gives Denver the best chance of success. If they lose, I would state the same as a HC to the press. Since the L would eliminate Denver from the playoffs, then I would completely open the offense for the final game and use it to build upon.

But, let's all just assume you win tomorrow:beer:

Actually a loss would not elminate them. If Balt beats Pitt I think it can open the door for Denver at 9-7 with tie breakers over the Jets, Houston amongst others. I dont want to figure it out.

I just hope for a win, even by 1 pt on a blocked extra point:lol:

Biz1
12-27-2009, 12:03 PM
Actually a loss would not elminate them. If Balt beats Pitt I think it can open the door for Denver at 9-7 with tie breakers over the Jets, Houston amongst others. I dont want to figure it out.

I just hope for a win, even by 1 pt on a blocked extra point:lol:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/312801-nfl-playoff-scenarios-broncos-control-their-own-destiny

Here's a current article...looks like you really need to win out, but that Ravens/Steelers early game is huge for Denver.