PDA

View Full Version : My Broncos Christmas Wish...

EastCoastBronco
12-23-2009, 09:26 AM
Realized that no one had started one of these yet so I figured I would. Let me start by wishing all of you guys a great holiday season, however you may celebrate it. It's been a crazy ride this year and, as always, it's been fun being on the ride with all of you.

That being said...

My Broncos wish is that we finally make the playoffs again this year and wind up heading to San Diego and beating them again in their own house. Seeing that damn half cocked smirk wiped off of Phyllis River's face would keep me warm on many a January and February night...;-)

claymore
12-23-2009, 09:28 AM
My wish, we hit gold on every player in the draft.

Shazam!
12-23-2009, 09:34 AM
I said in the offseason that 9 wins would be a success with all the changes. They're on track and I'd be happy with that. Anything else to me is icing on the sweet cake.

Now on the other hand, if they lose the last two and finish 8-8, that is an epic failure and a collapse equal to last year. Winning 2 out of 10 is pathetic and after a 6-0 start, that's a complete disaster. I've supported McDaniels as much as anyone, and I hate to be so cut and dry, but that's the scenarios I see.

The SD playoff scenario? That would be sweet.

Merry Christmas all.

missingnumber7
12-23-2009, 09:54 AM
My Broncos wish is that we finally make the playoffs again this year and wind up heading to San Diego and beating them again in their own house. Seeing that damn half cocked smirk wiped off of Phyllis River's face would keep me warm on many a January and February night...;-)

I hope we make it as the 6 seed...and meet the Chuggers in the AFC champ game. And do to the Chargers what we did on a Monday night in October.

NightTrainLayne
12-23-2009, 10:05 AM
I wish that Bronco Nation would quit being so negative. Peace on Earth, Goodwil toward men, yadda, yadda, yadda.

broncofaninfla
12-23-2009, 10:49 AM

That would make my Hoilday season!!!

Merry Christmas to all!! :salute:

MasterShake
12-23-2009, 10:52 AM
For the love of Santa...please...just make the playoffs.

SOCALORADO.
12-23-2009, 11:19 AM
Just make the playoffs.

Superchop 7
12-23-2009, 11:29 AM
I hope the Broncos find a franchise QB.

I hope that Orton is signed as our #2 long term.

I hope that McDummy places Hillis as #2 RB and drops Moreno to #3.

I hope that McDummy drops his ego down a bunch of notches. (See previous wish)

I hope that Cody is our starting NT next year.

I hope that Brandon, Doom, and Clady receive long term deals.

As for this year, well, we do not deserve to skid into the playoffs.

CoachChaz
12-23-2009, 11:46 AM

I hope that Orton is signed as our #2 long term. *None available, try next year*

I hope that McDummy places Hillis as #2 RB and drops Moreno to #3. *Insanity. Hillis will never be better than Moreno*

I hope that McDummy drops his ego down a bunch of notches. (See previous wish) *pessimistic assumption based on uninformed speculation*

I hope that Cody is our starting NT next year. *take a 400 pound, out of shape guy and make him play in Denver and watch him die*

I hope that Brandon, Doom, and Clady receive long term deals. *Doom gets nothing if he starts asking for Ware money*

As for this year, well, we do not deserve to skid into the playoffs. *no one expected us to get this close and we dont have the talent to be this close. we dont deserve anything*

Hope this helps

EastCoastBronco
12-23-2009, 11:57 AM

I hope that Orton is signed as our #2 long term.

I hope that McDummy places Hillis as #2 RB and drops Moreno to #3.

I hope that McDummy drops his ego down a bunch of notches. (See previous wish)

I hope that Cody is our starting NT next year.

I hope that Brandon, Doom, and Clady receive long term deals.

As for this year, well, we do not deserve to skid into the playoffs.

Hey Choppy. This is a WISH list. Like Clint says to Gene Hackman at the end of Unforgiven..."Deserve's got nothin' to do with it..." BANG!

Lonestar
12-23-2009, 12:18 PM
A very Merry Christmas
to all and a great
Happy New Year also..

May our Broncos play to their potential in 2010 and may our draft be the best in our history from the bears top 6 pick to our last pick.. May they all contribute from day one and replace the few wankers left from past seasons..

Peace
and
Joy to Y'all..

Denver Native (Carol)
12-23-2009, 12:25 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS - HAPPY HOLIDAYS

As I remember the last few Bronco seasons, think about all of the many changes the Broncos went thru this year, I am totally pleased with what the Broncos have achieved so far this year,

I also think it is very unfair for some to criticize Coach McDaniels. If the past Bronco teams would have met or exceeded expectations, the changes would NEVER have been made. It amazes me that some find fault with our new regime, but let what happened in the past slide.

camdisco24
12-23-2009, 12:27 PM
PLAYOFFS Please!

Ill also take some tougher O-line guys
JUST A FEW touches for Hillis
And a Sandy Eggo choke in the playoffs!

GO BRONCOS AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!

broncophan
12-23-2009, 12:43 PM
well.....since we can't play a do-over game against the Raiders....or Skins.....I wish for 2 wins to end the season....and a playoff spot.....that if we get.... it will be earned....if we don't get it.....we didn't earn it.

I also hope(esp) when Vick is in there Sunday.....we bring all the "dogs"....and rush him like crazy.

Merry Christmas to all!!!

GO BRONCOS!!!

JDL
12-23-2009, 01:26 PM
Everyone seems to forget the massive overhauls in prior years too (we've blown the D up so many damn times, made so many coaching changes... only to see a total inept late season collapse.

I wish Denver would find some continuity and not screw up next years draft. (they actually go hand in hand... good drafting = continuity) Yay ... continuity!

Medford Bronco
12-23-2009, 09:52 PM
Just win our last two games and stop having bad Decembers every year since 2005

hotcarl
12-23-2009, 11:17 PM
maybe a nice sweater (its cold LOL) berrrrr:coffee:

Nomad
12-24-2009, 08:05 AM
Just win our last two games and stop having bad Decembers every year since 2005

Right on! We're there at the doorstep and excuses won't get us into the playoffs but a couple wins will!! I wish the BRONCOS actually show up to play this game and against KC! It would suck to beat Philly and be letdown against KC!!

broncophan
12-24-2009, 08:57 AM
Right on! We're there at the doorstep and excuses won't get us into the playoffs but a couple wins will!! I wish the BRONCOS actually show up to play this game and against KC! It would suck to beat Philly and be letdown against KC!!

OMG......don't even say that....but I could see that happening as well....

Nomad
12-24-2009, 09:00 AM
OMG......don't even say that....but I could see that happening as well....

:lol:Sorry I was thinking out loud!:pouting::D

Superchop 7
12-24-2009, 10:20 AM
maybe a nice sweater (its cold LOL) berrrrr:coffee:

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Get a Thermogenic, works like a charm.

pnbronco
12-24-2009, 12:42 PM
Merry Christmas To All
I hope Everyone has a Wonderful & Safe New Year

I am so grateful to have Dawkins on this team. It is my wish that our young ones learn what a true leader is and what it means to play with heart.

I wish for our team to find continuity. I wish for strong drafts.

Most of all I wish for a strong finish. Whether we make the playoffs or not I just want them to play hard and do the best that they can.

This team has exceed my expectations so I'm happy. At this point they are doing 25% better than I thought they would, if they win one more it's 33% better. Nothing in my life this year has been 25% better, heck a good show for me this year was only 25% down, so it's all relative.....

Nomad
12-24-2009, 12:51 PM
Merry Christmas To All
I hope Everyone has a Wonderful & Safe New Year

I am so grateful to have Dawkins on this team. It is my wish that our young ones learn what a true leader is and what it means to play with heart.
I wish for our team to find continuity. I wish for strong drafts.

Most of all I wish for a strong finish. Whether we make the playoffs or not I just want them to play hard and do the best that they can.

This team has exceed my expectations so I'm happy. At this point they are doing 25% better than I thought they would, if they win one more it's 33% better. Nothing in my life this year has been 25% better, heck a good show for me this year was only 25% down, so it's all relative.....

I was listening to Fran Tarkenton the other day on a FSR interview and he said the players of today have 'too much quit in them' and do not play with the passion and toughness as the players from many years ago!!
In a way i agree with him!!

nmbroncosfan
12-24-2009, 05:51 PM
I wish the Broncos would catch on fire again like they did in the earlier part of the season and run the table. That would be so sweet!

horsepig
12-24-2009, 08:53 PM
:cool:
I said in the offseason that 9 wins would be a success with all the changes. They're on track and I'd be happy with that. Anything else to me is icing on the sweet cake.

Now on the other hand, if they lose the last two and finish 8-8, that is an epic failure and a collapse equal to last year. Winning 2 out of 10 is pathetic and after a 6-0 start, that's a complete disaster. I've supported McDaniels as much as anyone, and I hate to be so cut and dry, but that's the scenarios I see.

The SD playoff scenario? That would be sweet.

Merry Christmas all.

I predicted 3-5 wins, so
i'm happy about that part. The typical late season collapse is VERY disheartening.

I'm also wishing for more heartbreak for the Sparklers.

My main wish for fatso Santa though, is for McD and the whole organization to be able to stop this pathetic late season fold trend before it becomes an irreversable part of the franchise's m.o.:cool:

nevcraw
12-24-2009, 10:32 PM
I wish for:

"enough with the my bads just make the ******g play" - coach and team.

Bozo Jr.
12-25-2009, 06:53 PM
I wish the Broncos would catch on fire again like they did in the earlier part of the season and run the table. That would be so sweet!

And after we run the table, Aaron Rodgers demands a trade to Denver, then the Dynasty would officially have begun! :elefant::shocked::elefant: