PDA

View Full Version : Week 15 Power Rankings

CoachChaz
12-22-2009, 08:25 AM
32. St. Louis (1-13) – Gave Houston a scare...but then who doesnt

31. Tampa Bay (2-12) – Might have won themselves out of the race for Mr. Suh

30. Detroit (2-12) – Nice effort against a playoff team. The core has a big upside.

29. Kansas City (3-11) – They’ll be more interesting to see once they find an O line.

28. Cleveland (3-11) – Cribbs is making every case he can to get paid

27. Buffalo (5-9) – I don’t know which is worse. Watching them play or watching NE squeak by them

26. Oakland (5-9) – Interesting that they can beat the tougher teams, but no one else

25. Seattle (5-9) – Where do they go from here in rebuilding

24. Chicago (5-9) – Can Cutler get to 30 INT’s?

23. Washington (4-10) – Can Shanahan right this ship?

22. Carolina (6-8) – The pass rush decided it wanted to play against Brett

21. San Francisco (6-8) – Every week I think Singletary is les and less the right man for the job

20. NY Jets (7-7) – Threw away a chance to take a jump in the playoff push

19. Atlanta (7-7) – Ofiicially no better than a spoiler at this point

18. Houston (7-7) – Too much talent to be here, but not many AFC team have a BETTER record

17. Tennessee (7-7) – Coach…you have Tennesee ranked way too high. Really?

16. Miami (7-7) – Yet another AFC team squandering a Wild Card boost

15. Jacksonville (7-7) – Need to play NE like they did Indy in order to stay alive

14. Pittsburgh (7-7) – Big Ben looking like Drew Brees. Too bad they’re better off running the ball

13. NY Giants (8-6) – Playoff hopes still alive. Gotta hope the Cowboys fall apart

12. Denver (8-6) – Good thing the fans didn’t have playoff hopes to begin with.

11. Cincinnati (9-5) – Three tough losses in a row. Minnesota, San Diego and Chris Henry

10. Arizona (9-5) – has to be the least feared of all the NFC playoff candidates…but we said that last year too

9. Baltimore (8-6) – Seem to be the only other team that wants in the playoffs

8. Dallas (9-5) – Is there a more inconsistent team in the NFL?

7. New England (9-5) – Coasting into the playoffs. Not looking dominant

6. Green Bay (9-5) – Schedule “should” make them a lock for a WC spot

5. San Diego (11-3) – Easy to hope they’ll fall apart in the playoffs, but hard to imagine they will.

4. Philadelphia (10-4) – I know, I know. I shouldn’t have a 10 win team ranked this high at this point in the season. Especially if that team is Philly. I just couldn’t help myself

3. New Orleans (13-1) – The first time they play an above average defense…they’ll lose. Where did I hear that before?

2. Minnesota (11-3) – Brett’s real beef should be with the o-line that tried to get him killed

1. Indianapolis (14-0) – Always seem to be down…but never out.

Northman
12-22-2009, 08:35 AM
I would criticize you for the ranking of Philly but you took care of that yourself. WTF were you thinking? lol

Other than that, its solid.

Dortoh
12-22-2009, 10:20 AM
ratbirds are still too low IMHO :)

Ravage!!!
12-22-2009, 10:26 AM
I th ink NE is too high. I know they have their past rep, and maybe they get things straightened out, but they again looked bad going against a bad team this past sunday.

CoachChaz
12-22-2009, 10:50 AM
I th ink NE is too high. I know they have their past rep, and maybe they get things straightened out, but they again looked bad going against a bad team this past sunday.

I agree, but does Dallas, Cincy, Baltimore, etc, really look that much better than them right now?

GEM
12-22-2009, 10:53 AM
Good job, Coach!

Ravage!!!
12-22-2009, 11:19 AM
I agree, but does Dallas, Cincy, Baltimore, etc, really look that much better than them right now?

Yes... to me Dallas and Baltimore do. Although, I'm not as high on Baltimore's offense (especially the young QB) as some. But truthfully, Dallas is looking REALLY REALLY good right now.

underrated29
12-22-2009, 11:25 AM
I think Den is too high.

I think Pitts and Jax are better teams than us, or atleas if we were to play either team we would lose.

CoachChaz
12-22-2009, 12:27 PM
Yes... to me Dallas and Baltimore do. Although, I'm not as high on Baltimore's offense (especially the young QB) as some. But truthfully, Dallas is looking REALLY REALLY good right now.

Why? Be cause they've won 1 out of their last 3 games against a team that we all knew would get exposed eventually?

Poet
12-22-2009, 02:54 PM

CIncinnati lost to two top five teams and swept Baltimore.

Baltimore is also a lock to lose to Pittsburgh. They could barely beat them when Dixon and Polamalu were out.

I'm not making excuses for my team; the Vikings manhandled them and the Chargers beat them. What's worse is that Cincinnati practically beat themselves in the SD game. That first and 25 made me want to order shots of hard liquor, three pre-snap penalties, I wanted to spit fire.

I still think we're a top ten team; we swept Pittsburgh and Baltimore, we beat Green Bay. That right there is a slew of pretty impressive wins. Two of our losses came to two of the best teams, and we took SD to the brink. We lost to Denver, who is a WC team atm, and we had one embarrassing loss against the Raiders.

Baltimore cannot beat us. Period. Palmer owns them. Our defense completely manhandled them twice and our stagnant offense moves the ball well against them.

I understand Dallas and Arizona, but Baltimore has lost to us twice and is a game behind us.

We're going for the double clinch (this is not a segway for you to tell us about another sexual escapade of yours Coach ;) ) because Pittsburgh is going to beat Baltimore and we'll beat KC.

/off soapbox.

CoachChaz
12-23-2009, 07:37 AM
Who was it that asked me to rank Cincy #32?

And unfortunately, I have no stories that refer to a "double clinch". Unless of course I tell the story about the twins. One was really hot and the other was kind of disfigured. Just born that way I guess. but...they said is was a package deal, so who am I to say no.

Poet
12-23-2009, 02:19 PM
Who was it that asked me to rank Cincy #32?

And unfortunately, I have no stories that refer to a "double clinch". Unless of course I tell the story about the twins. One was really hot and the other was kind of disfigured. Just born that way I guess. but...they said is was a package deal, so who am I to say no.

34, sir, ranked 34. I also posted that after getting off the phone with a friend of mine who is a Chargers fan. :tsk:

Ugly twins need loving too.

claymore
12-23-2009, 02:46 PM
Bengals suck!

Poet
12-23-2009, 02:51 PM
Bengals suck!

Your wife is cheating on you with Tim Brown.

Medford Bronco
12-23-2009, 02:59 PM
24. Chicago (5-9) – Can Cutler get to 30 INT’s?

This says it all.

I said before the year I hope Cuter had a year as bad as Testaverde did when he was young in Tampa. I am not far off. Testaverde threw 35 pics in 1988 on a much worse team than Tampa was then.

Vinnie eventually became a pretty good QB in Cleveland, Balt and then the Jets. He even managed to have a year in 1998 that was unbelievable with the Jets. 29 tds and 7 pics in 13 games. Vinnie Testaverde Lifetime Stats (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TestVi00.htm)

Hopefully Jay gets there someday. I just dont see it too soon after all.

Medford Bronco
12-23-2009, 03:02 PM
ratbirds are still too low IMHO :)

I want to see the Ravens play NE in the playoffs. They would be awesome.

NE the 4 seed and Ravens the 5 seed

and I hope we get the 6 seed vs Cincy.

We shall see.

Great work as always coach:beer: