PDA

View Full Version : 31% elect to trade down... So?

MHCBill
02-11-2008, 12:38 PM
The recent poll I conducted for our selection at #12 prior to the combine and free agency was decided by a 31% decision to trade down from our current slot.

So, which of these offers would you take?

BOSSHOGG30
02-11-2008, 12:56 PM
I'd take Dallas two 1st rounders in a heart beat. Pick up Safety Smith and DT Balmer

MHCBill
02-11-2008, 01:09 PM
I also would take Dallas' two #1's in a heartbeat.

CoachChaz
02-11-2008, 01:14 PM
I take the Dallas deal, but I doubt they offer it, so I went with TB.

Requiem / The Dagda
02-11-2008, 01:14 PM
None of these scenario's.

mclark
02-11-2008, 01:30 PM
Ok, so Dallas wants our #12. I'm not sure why they want our #12.

But valuewise, we could get Dallas's #22 plus their second and third round picks. (1200 for Denver's #12; 780 for Dallas' #22, + 300 for #60 (Dallas round 2) + 132 for #92 (Dallas' round three)

We could take Balmer or Connor perhaps with the first pick and then have 3 more first day picks.

But why would Dallas do that? Who do they want at #12 that much?

tubby
02-11-2008, 01:37 PM
If we can 3 picks in the first 2 rounds I would be very happy to walk away with a DT, a LB, and a RB.

Preferably - Pat Sims, Cutis Lofton, and Jamal Charles. (all late first, early second round prospects IMO)

BOSSHOGG30
02-11-2008, 01:40 PM
Ok, so Dallas wants our #12. I'm not sure why they want our #12.

But valuewise, we could get Dallas's #22 plus their second and third round picks. (1200 for Denver's #12; 780 for Dallas' #22, + 300 for #60 (Dallas round 2) + 132 for #92 (Dallas' round three)

We could take Balmer or Connor perhaps with the first pick and then have 3 more first day picks.

But why would Dallas do that? Who do they want at #12 that much?

I don't think they are looking at our #12... unless they are looking at a 3 team trade like for example... Dallas traded Broncos to move up to 12 and Miami trades back to 12 so Dallas can trade up to #1 so they can take Darren McFadden. But that is very unlikely.

BOSSHOGG30
02-11-2008, 01:41 PM
If we can 3 picks in the first 2 rounds I would be very happy to walk away with a DT, a LB, and a RB.

Preferably - Pat Sims, Cutis Lofton, and Jamal Charles. (all late first, early second round prospects IMO)

That would be nice

Requiem / The Dagda
02-11-2008, 01:43 PM
I don't think they are looking at our #12... unless they are looking at a 3 team trade like for example... Dallas traded Broncos to move up to 12 and Miami trades back to 12 so Dallas can trade up to #1 so they can take Darren McFadden. But that is very unlikely.

It's impossible. Nobody has the ammunition to do that. Nobody has ever made such a quantum leap up the boards.

I don't think any of these scenarios are real plausible; besides Tampa Bay's - if a quarterback where there for them to want to take.

What business do playoff teams have trading up so much? Green Bay doesn't give up value, they get value. Same goes for Dallas.

I'd take any of these scenarios if there was a real chance of them happening, but probably not.

underrated29
02-11-2008, 01:48 PM
dallas would be sweet, but i dont see it at all.

I like the idea to trade back to det and get rodgers and a pick maybe a 3rd or 4th conditional and if he plays x time we get a 6th instead or soemthing.

But alas that wont happen either me thinks.

BOSSHOGG30
02-11-2008, 01:50 PM
It's impossible. Nobody has the ammunition to do that. Nobody has ever made such a quantum leap up the boards.

I don't think any of these scenarios are real plausible; besides Tampa Bay's - if a quarterback where there for them to want to take.

What business do playoff teams have trading up so much? Green Bay doesn't give up value, they get value. Same goes for Dallas.

I'd take any of these scenarios if there was a real chance of them happening, but probably not.

Dallas has 2 first round picks... they have Marion Barber as well to throw in there.

Barber is probably worthy of a 1st round pick grade, so that means that the really have 3 first round picks, plus they could always throw in next years or even some 2nd day picks.

I think Dallas has the ammo to move up to #1 if they truely wanted to.

But like I said before... I doubt they will, but Miami really wants to trade back, and we all know how much Jerry Jones likes McFadden.

BOSSHOGG30
02-11-2008, 01:57 PM
I think a trade with New England or the Jets is more likely.

Retired_Member_001
02-11-2008, 02:53 PM
I'd love to take the two Dallas picks. We could get a good OT and a good LB in the first round, which would really boost this team. Or we could draft a good OT, draft a good RB and then draft a good LB in the second round. I guess it all depends on FA.

Anyway I'd love to take this trade, but I just don't see it happening. Dallas can't get McFadden at #12 so they won't want to do it.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-11-2008, 05:50 PM
Gimme the pix from big D...Tampa would be a very close 2nd.

OB
02-11-2008, 09:32 PM
Nothing to do with reality - since I assume none of these would be possible - but why not take the philly deal -

3 of the 4 deals have 3 picks - so auto disq the one that has only two (dallas) so with philly vou get 2 1st rounders one now (one for the future and lets face it - if you dont plan for the future in advance these days your just silly)i and a 4th which you can trade down for a few other picks or you use that great postion to draft hopefully a superstar - 4th down the line aint so bad

OB
02-11-2008, 09:34 PM
Dallas has 2 first round picks... they have Marion Barber as well to throw in there.

Barber is probably worthy of a 1st round pick grade, so that means that the really have 3 first round picks, plus they could always throw in next years or even some 2nd day picks.

I think Dallas has the ammo to move up to #1 if they truely wanted to.

But like I said before... I doubt they will, but Miami really wants to trade back, and we all know how much Jerry Jones likes McFadden.

As good a season (with a wade ending) that they had they are lucky - why trade marion barber though?

Skinny
02-11-2008, 10:17 PM
I'd like to see us sit where we are, try to find a team to trade Foxy, M.Bell, or JWalk with for a Draft pick (won't get much for Bell i know) ... work some magic and get back into the 3rd round ...

1) Clady
2) Sims
3) Wheeler/Henderson/LB in general ...

Maybe ...

I'd like that ...

[edit] though i doubt Mikey goes OT with the 1st pick ... maybe ... :D

OB
02-11-2008, 10:40 PM
I'd like to see us sit where we are, try to find a team to trade Foxy, M.Bell, or JWalk with for a Draft pick (won't get much for Bell i know) ... work some magic and get back into the 3rd round ...

1) Clady
2) Sims
3) Wheeler/Henderson/LB in general ...

Maybe ...

I'd like that ...

[edit] though i doubt Mikey goes OT with the 1st pick ... maybe ... :D

I havent figured out if a JWalk trade would cost us $$ - if so :tsk::tsk: We need OT and a pass rush (or whatever makes our current better) - IMO giants won the Sb with pass rush

Skinny
02-11-2008, 11:37 PM
I havent figured out if a JWalk trade would cost us $$ - if so :tsk::tsk: We need OT and a pass rush (or whatever makes our current better) - IMO giants won the Sb with pass rushHonestly OB, it's not the money i'm worried about, Bronco players in the past have been very gracious with their salarys and taking paycuts or redoing their contracts for the better of the team. Though we would take a pretty big hit in cap, i think Javons salary can be made up for. If it has'nt been already with Lepsis retiring ... he left a big lump of change on the table. And money wise we're alot better off this off season than we were last year at this time.

It's Javons knee plain and simple, attitude aside ...

If he agrees to take a pay cut and stay, fine. Then the team is not locked up in a big contract and can still address needs. Javon still has the ability that a Coach wants to put him in the starting lineup ... big/important play ability, he is a #1 WR.

But him staying may also hold the Coaching Staff still in moving forward at the WR position ... it may not, that's just a concern of mine. What if his knee acts up again after just the 2nd game of the Season?? If Mikey prepares for that either FA or the Draft, both hopefully, i'm all for Javon being on the roster in 08'. But if Mikey does'nt and Javon is still in a Bronco uni ... i'm worried. With that said i don't see how Mikey can't address this in some way, form or fashion ...

But that's a chance i'd hate to take with this Offense ... it's the best thing we have going for us right now. Just nip it in the bud and move on ... strictly business ...

And yeah, the Gnats strength 'Defense', matched up to a 'T' with the Patsies strength 'Offense'. It's all about 'Match-ups' ...

What's a 'Pass Rush' ... :confused:

:laugh: ...

OB
02-11-2008, 11:46 PM
Honestly OB, it's not the money i'm worried about, Bronco players in the past have been very gracious with their salarys and taking paycuts or redoing their contracts for the better of the team. Though we would take a pretty big hit in cap, i think Javons salary can be made up for. If it has'nt been already with Lepsis retiring ... he left a big lump of change on the table. And money wise we're alot better off this off season than we were last year at this time.

It's Javons knee plain and simple, attitude aside ...

If he agrees to take a pay cut and stay, fine. Then the team is not locked up in a big contract and can still address needs. Javon still has the ability that a Coach wants to put him in the starting lineup ... big/important play ability, he is a #1 WR.

But him staying may also hold the Coaching Staff still in moving forward at the WR position ... it may not, that's just a concern of mine. What if his knee acts up again after just the 2nd game of the Season?? If Mikey prepares for that either FA or the Draft, both hopefully, i'm all for Javon being on the roster in 08'. But if Mikey does'nt and Javon is still in a Bronco uni ... i'm worried. With that said i don't see how Mikey can't address this in some way, form or fashion ...

But that's a chance i'd hate to take with this Offense ... it's the best thing we have going for us right now. Just nip it in the bud and move on ... strictly business ...

And yeah, the Gnats strength 'Defense', matched up to a 'T' with the Patsies strength 'Offense'. It's all about 'Match-ups' ...

What's a 'Pass Rush' ... :confused:

Point taken with JDubs ( :lol: ) knee - wasnt thinking about that part of it - deep down i always hoped he would come up for us big time :sad: IMHO i think the DW had a lil to do with his performance this year - that just maybe the girl in me thought :laugh:

broncohead
02-12-2008, 12:31 AM
I started saying that DAL would be an ok trade partner like 2wks ago and still go. We could give them Foxworth and #12 for their 1st rounders. They could be targerting the top WR in the draft, who knows.

Stargazer
02-12-2008, 04:08 AM
I know this is off-topic, but why does everyone assume Dallas will dump their picks & possible players for the #1 overall? Only to select a RB?

And to add that, why does everyone assume Dallas will dump 2 #1's to move up an x amount draft position? Say #12 to the Broncos? That doesn't make any sense at all.

Yeah, I now the reason why Dallas will find some way to get to the top pick. Dmac, Jones graduated from Arkansas, so Jones wants Mcfadden. Dolphins hold the #1 pick. The big tuna a former cowboy. The Dolphins want to trade down. JJ holds two #1's.

I think all of this BS talk is what it is. Total BS two months out.

People seem to forget, the Cowboys didn't even make the championship game. They are on the rise, and can definately use their #1's to grab quality players to help build a championship. I wouldn't be surprised if Dallas takes one of their #1's and move up X amount of selections to grab a player. But, to completely dump their #1's I find ludicrous.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-12-2008, 08:45 AM
Honestly OB, it's not the money i'm worried about, Bronco players in the past have been very gracious with their salarys and taking paycuts or redoing their contracts for the better of the team.

That's when we had A) a solid core of decent guys and B) when we were winning. I'm afraid the new crop will be quite less willing to give up their loot as much as Rod, Al, etc were.

Superchop 7
02-12-2008, 08:08 PM
If we trade down with Dallas, we would probably be looking at these guys with our 1a,1b,2a selections.

1) Cromartie, there is no way I would pass on this talented db at that point in the draft, I know he isn't a need, but I believe he will be a star in the league in a few years.

1) Sam Baker, alot of value, alot of need.

1) Balmer, I don't see him going until at least the bottom of the first, good value at that point.

2) Abidi, fits our style of linebacker to a tea.

2) Moore, filling a need, talented, I still prefer Okam and Harrison, but, 1 DT in the hand is better than 2 in the bush. (and would help get the media off their tail)

SmilinAssasSin27
02-12-2008, 08:12 PM
Connor, Mayo, Wheeler or bust

broncohead
02-12-2008, 10:06 PM
If we trade down with Dallas, we would probably be looking at these guys with our 1a,1b,2a selections.

1) Cromartie, there is no way I would pass on this talented db at that point in the draft, I know he isn't a need, but I believe he will be a star in the league in a few years.

1) Sam Baker, alot of value, alot of need.

1) Balmer, I don't see him going until at least the bottom of the first, good value at that point.

2) Abidi, fits our style of linebacker to a tea.

2) Moore, filling a need, talented, I still prefer Okam and Harrison, but, 1 DT in the hand is better than 2 in the bush. (and would help get the media off their tail)

1a- Balmer, Phillips, Connor
1b- Connor, Williams, Baker, Sims
2- Wheeler, Lofton, Morgan