PDA

View Full Version : redskins wearing 21

shank
02-10-2008, 11:19 PM
i remember last year, the nfl wouldn't let lynch and champ wear 27 to honor d-will at the pro bowl, and this year they let the 3 redskins wear 21 to honor sean taylor.

did this irk anyone like it did me? every 10 seconds the announcers brought up how they were wearing the number to honor their lost brother, but never mentioned the fact that broncos wanted to do it last year, but were not allowed.

it would have been a small annoyance to me, but because they made such a big deal about it the whole game, i am kinda pissed about the whole thing.

MOtorboat
02-10-2008, 11:21 PM
I don't know, I didn't watch.

But no, I had no problem with it at all...

shank
02-10-2008, 11:30 PM
i don't want to be misunderstood, i have nothing against sean taylor or the redskins for honoring him, it just reminded me of how the nfl wouldn't let the broncos honor darrent only 1 year ago.

MOtorboat
02-10-2008, 11:33 PM
i don't want to be misunderstood, i have nothing against sean taylor or the redskins for honoring him, it just reminded me of how the nfl wouldn't let the broncos honor darrent only 1 year ago.

Understood...and agreed...

Drill-N-Fill
02-10-2008, 11:55 PM
Look at this way. Too bad they didn't let for Darrent. But be happy they did for Taylor.

Nothing more to say about it.

Benetto
02-11-2008, 12:55 AM
I was extremely upset when ESPN did a little segment on recent deaths in Sports during media week. They were mainly talking about how the Pats player lost his life on a jet ski, and the Sean Taylor tragidy..They mentioned Everyone who has passed in the last couple years, from Reggie White to the recent death of the Rams owner. Not once did they mention Darrent or Damien.

I couldn't believe it. I even rewinded the segment to make sure I didn't miss anything, And not even a mention of either of them.

Not just as a Broncos fan, but a Human being I was outraged for no mention.

I wanted to throw my remote at the TV..but Instead I sent a "You should be ashamed of yourselves" type Email to about 20 different ESPN corporate email addresses I found. I even sent an Email about this to PTI, and Woody Paige.

That was a week ago, and still no response, explaination or private Email appology from anyone. I hope Karma bites them in their bias, mother loving, Patriot slurping asses.

BroncoBJ
02-11-2008, 01:09 AM
I'm just glad the Roger Gooddell and the NFL Didn't screw up twice.(well They screw up each day but in this case at least).

They obviously showed how idiotic they were by not letting them wear #27. But then Sean Dies and they realize that they screwed up once by not letting Champ and John wear #27 so they didn't want to make the same mistake twice.

I do wonder if Sean had died first and they let them wear #21 if Darrent had died this year would they have let Champ and John wear #27? Probably not because Gooddell is an ass.

I'm glad they decided to let them honor it but I am sad that our guys wern't allowed to. Darrent Williams was a human being too.

oh well..
Vick and me both think the same way:

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o61/Portis26AnimatedPics/NFL%20Funnies/VickandCommish.jpg

broncosfanscott
02-11-2008, 02:42 AM
I am a little pissed that Champ and Lynch were not allowed to wear #27 in last year's Pro Bowl.........not surprised either.

Glad to see they did get it right for someone though.

MOtorboat
02-11-2008, 08:34 AM
I was extremely upset when ESPN did a little segment on recent deaths in Sports during media week. They were mainly talking about how the Pats player lost his life on a jet ski, and the Sean Taylor tragidy..They mentioned Everyone who has passed in the last couple years, from Reggie White to the recent death of the Rams owner. Not once did they mention Darrent or Damien.

I couldn't believe it. I even rewinded the segment to make sure I didn't miss anything, And not even a mention of either of them.

Not just as a Broncos fan, but a Human being I was outraged for no mention.

I wanted to throw my remote at the TV..but Instead I sent a "You should be ashamed of yourselves" type Email to about 20 different ESPN corporate email addresses I found. I even sent an Email about this to PTI, and Woody Paige.

That was a week ago, and still no response, explaination or private Email appology from anyone. I hope Karma bites them in their bias, mother loving, Patriot slurping asses.

I saw the end of something like that, but it was Fox's pregame for the Super Bowl...and I asked myself this question before getting upset...D-Will died before the Super Bowl, did they honor him last year?

Italianmobstr7
02-11-2008, 11:21 AM
That upsets me too. D-Will deserved to be honored by his teammates, just as Sean Taylor deserved to be honored by his.

Retired_Member_001
02-11-2008, 03:00 PM
This really upsets me as well. It also really upsets me at how the rest of the NFL wear #21 on their helmets but no one was there to wear #27. I mean unlike DNash and Maquise Hill, DWill died DURING the NFL playoffs so the NFL could have atleast made the rest of the league put DWill's number on their helmets. I really really hate Roger Goodell, what he has done here has made me hate him more. I will never know why Sean Taylor's death gets more recognition than DWill's.

Also why wasn't Roger Goodell at DWill's funeral?

I don't want what I have just said to come out wrong. Sean Taylor was actually a great guy contrary to what some believe and I'm glad he has been honoured, but I am outraged no one said anything about DWill.

Watchthemiddle
02-11-2008, 04:16 PM
THe Redskins and Daniel Snyder have a louder voice.

The Broncos will always play next in line.

I hope by letting the skins wear #21 its a sign that they learned their lesson last year.

I have stopped letting things like this get to me. D Will and Nash were in our family. As long as we never forget, then who cares about what everyone else does.

shank
02-11-2008, 04:56 PM
THe Redskins and Daniel Snyder have a louder voice.

The Broncos will always play next in line.

I hope by letting the skins wear #21 its a sign that they learned their lesson last year.

I have stopped letting things like this get to me. D Will and Nash were in our family. As long as we never forget, then who cares about what everyone else does.

because the way it was handled disrespects our family (as you put it). i can't have someone do that and not get upset.