PDA

View Full Version : Denver officially in the Pacman Sweepstakes

bmarsh15
02-10-2008, 04:50 PM
Here's the link:
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080210/COLUMNIST0202/802100399/1002/SPORTS

claymore
02-10-2008, 04:54 PM
I would be surprised if we took him. But, if there is a non leader on the team I think that is a CB or Kicker.

lex
02-10-2008, 04:54 PM
The biggest question that arises in those meetings: "You think there's a team out there that will give us a draft pick for this whack job?"

The answer: Yes. You might even see a small-scale bidding war among a handful of franchises that are blinded by Jones' on-field ability.

Those teams — Oakland, Denver, maybe Dallas — know the Titans are likely to cut Jones if/when he is reinstated but might not want to fight the competition if he's on the open market.

It doesnt really make any sense. I really hope its wishful thinking on the Tennessee side of things.

fcspikeit
02-10-2008, 05:58 PM
Someone brought this up before and was flogged!

I know we need a kick/punt returner but why and the hell would we go after the poster boy for all that is wrong in the NFL today?

Mikey has taken some chances before but this would be a stretch even for him. I just have a hard time believing it to be true.

I'm sure he will and up playing for someone, I can't imagine the fans of that team will be happy about it. Could he really and up playing for the Broncos?

Is there any chance if given another chance he could change his ways?

Fan in Exile
02-10-2008, 06:03 PM
There's nothing official about this at all. I can't see it as anything more than a smokescreen. We don't need a CB and there's no way that a returner is worth all of the baggage that he has. Maybe a team that was hurting in the secondary but otherwise had a great D would be willing to risk it, but there's no reason for us to.

Skinny
02-10-2008, 06:07 PM
There's nothing official about this at all. I can't see it as anything more than a smokescreen. We don't need a CB and there's no way that a returner is worth all of the baggage that he has. Maybe a team that was hurting in the secondary but otherwise had a great D would be willing to risk it, but there's no reason for us to.New Orleans possibly ...

frauschieze
02-10-2008, 06:34 PM
A million times......NO! We don't need a CB. We don't even need a kick returner as badly as we need guys who block well on special teams. With both lines in dire need of help....why would we even be interested?

And that's even before getting to the character issues......

Escobar
02-10-2008, 06:37 PM
titans would be stupid to let him go........

Watchthemiddle
02-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Oakland would be a perfect fit.

:coffee:

Bronco9798
02-10-2008, 08:14 PM
Pac-Man will not be a Bronco. Go ahead and close this thread.

TIA!!!!!!!

BeefStew25
02-10-2008, 08:15 PM
Pacman is borderline human.

dogfish
02-10-2008, 08:20 PM
that's funny, i didn't realize david climer from the tennessean.com was an official representative of the denver broncos. . . .

this is nothing but pure speculation on the part of a local journalist, based on the team's past history of taking chances on problem children. . . after the darrent williams trajedy, i just can't see pat bowlen giving the green light to bring a gun-toting idiot to town on his dime. . . . nothing to see here, move along. . . .

Watchthemiddle
02-10-2008, 08:34 PM
that's funny, i didn't realize david climer from the tennessean.com was an official representative of the denver broncos. . . .

this is nothing but pure speculation on the part of a local journalist, based on the team's past history of taking chances on problem children. . . after the darrent williams trajedy, i just can't see pat bowlen giving the green light to bring a gun-toting idiot to town on his dime. . . . nothing to see here, move along. . . .

Thats exactly it. Every year the Broncos get lumped into the "pick up slum" catagory because of some very bad choices Shanahan has made over the years.

Simple Jaded
02-10-2008, 08:38 PM
I wouldn't mind replacing Foxworthless with a talent like Jones, but like Dogfish said, it isn't likely to happen.

It'd be nice to finally have a punt returner, but one of those would be as useless as a screen door on a submarine with Denver's ST's.

I forget who said it, but it was funny and absolutely true: Even a three legged Devin Hester would suck on Denver's punt/kick return team......

WARHORSE
02-11-2008, 02:23 AM
Only reason he mentioned Denver is because we were in the T.O. sweepstakes, and Dallas took him. As for the Faders, well...........

This article isnt stating that the Broncos are interested in aquiring Pacmaniac.

Haynesworth maybe.

lol...........

BOSSHOGG30
02-11-2008, 09:06 AM
At least he wouldn't have to travel as far to get in trouble in Vegas.

BeefStew25
02-11-2008, 09:14 AM
My wife used to work for his agent, so I have had some dealings with PacMan. He is a piece of rat poop, to be totally honest. I can't believe he can still find a lawyer, an agent, crap, a dry cleaner.

I hope Goodell isn't conned by Pac Man anymore. This dude needs to be an example. Lifetime ban. Do it.

MHCBill
02-11-2008, 09:19 AM
titans would be stupid to let him go........

Yea... stupid to let a thug punk like Pacman Jones go.

He's such a good citizen to keep employed.

Who cares right? He's fast and can play some good football. That's all that matters.

Some people really make me sick.

BOSSHOGG30
02-11-2008, 09:41 AM
I will be sick to my stomach if we have Pacman on our roster this year or any year.

turftoad
02-11-2008, 12:25 PM
I dislike punks.

mclark
02-11-2008, 12:56 PM
No way.

Retired_Member_001
02-11-2008, 02:54 PM
My wife used to work for his agent, so I have had some dealings with PacMan. He is a piece of rat poop, to be totally honest. I can't believe he can still find a lawyer, an agent, crap, a dry cleaner.

I hope Goodell isn't conned by Pac Man anymore. This dude needs to be an example. Lifetime ban. Do it.

I agree.

It'll be one of the only good things Goodell has done whilst being NFL Commish.

Day1BroncoFan
02-11-2008, 03:45 PM
Please no trouble making boneheads.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-11-2008, 05:45 PM
Not happening, but what I do find interesting is the fact that he has been convicted of only 1 of his transgressions...and it was a minor one. For all the hoopla and negativity, this dude has kept out of real trouble. I find it fascinating cuz ya know his agent is gonna bring it up to some stupid team.

BeefStew25
02-11-2008, 05:48 PM
Not happening, but what I do find interesting is the fact that he has been convicted of only 1 of his transgressions...and it was a minor one. For all the hoopla and negativity, this dude has kept out of real trouble. I find it fascinating cuz ya know his agent is gonna bring it up to some stupid team.

Yeah, I am sure the paralyzed bouncer in Vegas would agree.

AFGAHNI_BATTLE_DONKEY
02-12-2008, 02:43 AM
i hope we get him. we get a good young corner and our return game problems will be fixed.

Stargazer
02-12-2008, 04:17 AM

Bronco fans have the next 3 months in regards to rumors and specuation. Damn, don't rain on the parade.

mclark
02-12-2008, 11:54 AM
The good thing about PacMan is you'd always know where to find him....at the closes titty bar in town, day and night.

Medford Bronco
02-12-2008, 12:29 PM
Please keep this waste of life away from our team. Didnt we learn enough with the Travis Henry debacle

YoungMoneyMay
02-14-2008, 05:43 AM
I think this would be a great pick up for us if we could land him. Sure he was a problem in the past but maybe he has matured and grown up after being out of the NFL for a year. We could use another CB also. After Bailey everybody else is solid or average. But i would mainly want him for special teams duties. Guy is explosive as anybody in the NFL.

dogfish
02-14-2008, 05:53 AM
aren't you supposed to be banned or something?

Joel
02-14-2008, 09:13 AM
Here's the link:
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080210/COLUMNIST0202/802100399/1002/SPORTS
I'm already worried about how we'll be able to convince Domonique to stay as a nickel back when he could start at CB on half the teams in the League, why would we want the ego, money vacuum, morale killer and off field distraction/delinquent that is Pac-Man Jones? If we're going to drop that kind of cash and take that kind of risk, why not do it for something we actually NEED, like a NT, LT or WR (congratulations, folks; the news Rod needs more surgery and Javon wants to sit on the bench injured for a different team convinces me we need WRs)?

With Lepsis retiring, Nalen living on borrowed time, NO defensive middle and a HoF WR who's still hurt plus another who seems to think convalescence entitles him to be #1 on a Super Bowl team, we have too many holes to waste money and roster space on a ticking time bomb at a position we have quality players. Oh, and we need a couple more fast, strong good tacklers at LB. And Lynch is aging. Yeah, CB is so far down on my priority list it isn't even funny (at all) but even if that weren't true Pac-Man would be way down on my list of desirable CBs. I think it speaks volumes that the article linked basically amounts to "Please say he can play so we can screw another team out of draft picks when we dump him".