PDA

View Full Version : Is the Season over?

Northman
12-20-2009, 07:46 PM
Maybe, maybe not.

But, good teams dont lose critical games down the stretch. There's not just one area to blame. Everyone gets a share of the blame here. But lets not kid ourselves, this is very familiar to what happened last year under Shanahan. Whatever motivation McD had at the beginning is starting to wear off fast. Yes, i understand that there is parity in the league. But again, playoff teams take care of business in crunch time when they need too. The next two weeks will test this team even more of how much they WANT it. Again, our defense gave up a lot of yards on the ground while we ourselves couldnt do anything. Again, we had to settle for FG's instead of TD's. Again, we can move the ball between the 20's but our redzone scoring is abysmal. Im happy that we have played above expectations but not happy that we have dropped a game to a team we should have beaten, at home no less. For those who want to point strictly at the defense, dont. With 4 minutes left you should be able with an offense with the talent we have grind out the clock or even go and score. And as i pointed out earlier today you have to have a QB who can take over when the rest of the team falters. At times this year we have seen the defense do what it can to keep us in the game or get us back in the game. The last two weeks we really needed the offense to come through and pick up the slack and they have not.

Now that my rant is over, lets hope we go and pull one out in Philly. :salute:

getlynched47
12-20-2009, 07:46 PM
Win in Philly :lol:

BroncoWave
12-20-2009, 07:53 PM
The Broncos apparently decided that being the first team to ever blow a 3 game lead with 3 to play last season wasn't impressive enough, so they decided to one up it by becoming the first 6-0 team ever to miss the playoffs. They are really outdoing themselves!

In all seriousness, though, I'm not ready to give up hope yet, but we are definitely on life support.

Lonestar
12-20-2009, 07:54 PM
did not get to see the game so I can't talk about what I did not see..

but it sounds like the D lost this one for us.. not able to stop the run..

can't comment on the play calling but it sounds like Orton did not cause the loss..

sounded like our OLINE is STILL to small to block good defensive lines like OAK has..

OAK has a ton of talent folks they have been drafting top ten for a LOOOONG time now since the super year.. and since Gruden left they have had lousy coaches.. but tons of talent..

every so often a team like that is gonna win some games and they have beat a few top teams this year..

we had zero film on Frye to look at kind of hard to defense that and if you can;t stop their RB what does it matter..

why is anyone surprised that we got beat....

time to move on..

Northman
12-20-2009, 07:55 PM

can't comment on the play calling but it sounds like Orton did not cause the loss..

sounded like our OLINE is STILL to small to block good defensive lines like OAK has..

OAK has a ton of talent folks they have been drafting top ten for a LOOOONG time now since the super year.. and since Gruden left they have had lousy coaches.. but tons of talent..

every so often a team like that is gonna win some games and they have beat a few top teams this year..

we had zero film on Frye to look at kind of hard to defense that and if you can;t stop their RB what does it matter..

time to move on..

We beat that team 26-6 in Oakland Jr. No excuses dude. Please.

Jaws
12-20-2009, 07:56 PM
I think we still sneak a wildcard spot.

ikillz0mbies
12-20-2009, 07:57 PM
Look, I'm not going to use the whole "first year coach, new system, etc." Truth is, Broncos should've had this game from the get-go. Instead, the offense was no where to be seen, Orton had no protection, the defense could not stop the run, and they shot themselves in the foot with penalties (something that has been recurring over the course of the entire season). Having Ryan Harris on IR really hurt this team.

With that said, I still have hope that the Broncos can win their next two. The Broncos have to play with fire in their eyes. To me, they did not play with any sense of urgency or passion today. They have to realize that they are in the driver's seat in making the playoffs. The talent is there. It's all about execution and knowing the assignments.

I haven't given up on this season at all and the only thing I want to see is the Broncos play in the damn playoffs. Beat those Eagles and Chiefs dammit! Go Broncos!

Northman
12-20-2009, 07:57 PM
I think we still sneak a wildcard spot.

If we do it will be because we back in. Ill take it if it happens but im not counting on Denver actually taking it themselves. They choked bigtime today no question. They should be ashamed.

MasterShake
12-20-2009, 07:59 PM
Look, I'm not going to use the whole "first year coach, new system, etc." Truth is, Broncos should've had this game from the get-go. Instead, the offense was no where to be seen, Orton had no protection, the defense could not stop the run, and they shot themselves in the foot with penalties (something that has been recurring over the course of the entire season). Having Ryan Harris on IR really hurt this team.

With that said, I still have hope that the Broncos can win their next two. The Broncos have to play with fire in their eyes. To me, they did not play with any sense of urgency or passion today. They have to realize that they are in the driver's seat in making the playoffs. The talent is there. It's all about execution and knowing the assignments.

I haven't given up on this season at all and the only thing I want to see is the Broncos play in the damn playoffs. Beat those Eagles and Chiefs dammit! Go Broncos!

We got owned at the Line of Scrimmage. Period. I still think we make the playoffs, but I'll be damned if we go anywhere! :lol:

cuzz4169
12-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Our redzone offense is pathetic...I blame that on play calling. Why the ***** is lamont jordan playing over hillis are you joking!!! Our coaching staff sucked a big one today. Horrable play calling all game. We 100% need a qb I understand the offense is limited to what can be called because orton cannot make all the throws. Well atleast chicago lost so hopefully we can get a top 5 pick....im just not sure if im a mccoy or bradford fan.

Timmy!
12-20-2009, 08:02 PM
Not having Buck had a pretty big impact that nobody has mentioned yet IMO. It's becoming obvious we can't run for crap without him.

TXBRONC
12-20-2009, 08:03 PM
The Broncos apparently decided that being the first team to ever blow a 3 game lead with 3 to play last season wasn't impressive enough, so they decided to one up it by becoming the first 6-0 team ever to miss the playoffs. They are really outdoing themselves!

In all seriousness, though, I'm not ready to give up hope yet, but we are definitely on life support.

It's called progress according to WTM and few others.

Watchthemiddle
12-20-2009, 08:07 PM
They should be 14-0 according to TX since the offense has had a whole 7 months together.

Nomad
12-20-2009, 08:16 PM
I'd be shocked if we can go into Philly and come out with a win! I figured this team would be ready and intense for this game though it would be close and a W for the BRONCOS. The air has been sucked out of this team once again by da Raiduhs!!

Italianmobstr7
12-20-2009, 08:34 PM
The Raiders won their super bowl today. Good for them. Really sucks for us. We have to win out to be guaranteed a playoff spot now. It's not impossible, but beating Philly on the road will be tough I'm sure. Hopefully this team pulls their heads out of their ass. Our D played good here and there, and so did our O, just not when they needed to most. In the red zone we were terrible. It cost us the game. The D gave up a ton of yards rushing but had us in position to grind out the last 4 minutes and our O couldn't do it. Hopefully next week the Broncos who started 6-0 show up and we beat the Eagles, we're going to need to to make the playoffs.

broncophan
12-20-2009, 08:36 PM

Yea.....let's put those down in the record books right next to giving up 35 points in one qtr. during the Superbowl, and in another Superbowl giving up the most points ever.......we don't need any more records of futility...

Traveler
12-20-2009, 09:33 PM
The Raiders won their super bowl today. Good for them. Really sucks for us. We have to win out to be guaranteed a playoff spot now. It's not impossible, but beating Philly on the road will be tough I'm sure. Hopefully this team pulls their heads out of their ass. Our D played good here and there, and so did our O, just not when they needed to most. In the red zone we were terrible. It cost us the game. The D gave up a ton of yards rushing but had us in position to grind out the last 4 minutes and our O couldn't do it. Hopefully next week the Broncos who started 6-0 show up and we beat the Eagles, we're going to need to to make the playoffs.

Sad to say, but very doubtful we beat Philly. OL & DL troubles too much to overcome IMO.

spikerman
12-20-2009, 09:36 PM

time to move on..

Jr, yes the defense played a "voyeur" scheme and they looked as pathetic as last year against the run, but the offense is what's killing the Broncos. If a team can't score more than 19 points against the Raiders they will have a lot of trouble winning a game. How pathetic are the Raiders on offense? According to the broadcast, the 13 points they scored in the first half are the most they've scored in the first half all year. The defense (while playing poorly) still held them to 20 points which appears to be too much for this atrocious offense to overcome.

The Broncos' offense has two problems as I see it. #1 They either lack the will or ability to take chances and go down the field so they can't score quickly. #2 Since they have to (or choose to) dink and dunk down the field they have to operate within the red zone where they lack the personnel to power the ball into the end zone. Add all that up and you have a team that has to settle for field goals which eventually costs it the game.

So yes, the defense definitely underperformed, or maybe they didn't. Maybe this is the best they can do since they inexplicably didn't address the weakness of the DL in the offseason, but the offense is what cost the Broncos today. This offense has been weak all season and there doesn't seem to be much improvement.

BroncoBJ
12-20-2009, 09:53 PM

Actually we'd be the 2nd 6-0 team to miss the playoffs.

Kinda sucks though. I was hoping to be the 1st. Oh well.

Hopefully next year we start 7-0 and blow it. :elefant:

But its nice to know that we control our own destiny still. I can picture this beating the Eagles and losing to the Chiefs.

It'd make sense for us.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-20-2009, 09:58 PM
Statistically it may not be over, but the Broncos have mailed this one in. If we do make the playoffs it will be through no fault of our own. Right now everyone in the AFC Wildcard race seems to be doing everything they can to get out of each other's way. None of the potential wildcard teams are playing worth a shit right now. I think no matter what our record is, we should forfeit our spot to Tennessee. At least they're still trying hard with nothing to really play for.

OUR OFFENSE IS OFFENSIVE!!!!! OUR QB SUCKS ASS!!! OUR COACH IS AN OFFENSIVE MORON!!!!

There, that about covers it.

Watchthemiddle
12-20-2009, 10:07 PM
Statistically it may not be over, but the Broncos have mailed this one in. If we do make the playoffs it will be through no fault of our own. Right now everyone in the AFC Wildcard race seems to be doing everything they can to get out of each other's way. None of the potential wildcard teams are playing worth a shit right now. I think no matter what our record is, we should forfeit our spot to Tennessee. At least they're still trying hard with nothing to really play for.

OUR OFFENSE IS OFFENSIVE!!!!! OUR QB SUCKS ASS!!! OUR COACH IS AN OFFENSIVE MORON!!!!

There, that about covers it.

Another "mail it in" post by you. What a great supporter you are.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Watchthemiddle
12-20-2009, 10:18 PM
Our season is not over.

We still have 2 games left and on any given sunday......

Anyway,

Just think...we could have been the favorites to go to the super bowl with our new QB but instead are sitting at 4-10 with that gunslinger savior ....:laugh::laugh:

So just when you think things couldn't get any worse, it could be worse.

getlynched47
12-20-2009, 10:24 PM
Not having Buck had a pretty big impact that nobody has mentioned yet IMO. It's becoming obvious we can't run for crap without him.

Yeah. Correll Buckhalter IS the running game :rolleyes:

sarcasm

Lonestar
12-20-2009, 10:58 PM
Jr, yes the defense played a "voyeur" scheme and they looked as pathetic as last year against the run, but the offense is what's killing the Broncos. If a team can't score more than 19 points against the Raiders they will have a lot of trouble winning a game. How pathetic are the Raiders on offense? According to the broadcast, the 13 points they scored in the first half are the most they've scored in the first half all year. The defense (while playing poorly) still held them to 20 points which appears to be too much for this atrocious offense to overcome.

The Broncos' offense has two problems as I see it. #1 They either lack the will or ability to take chances and go down the field so they can't score quickly. #2 Since they have to (or choose to) dink and dunk down the field they have to operate within the red zone where they lack the personnel to power the ball into the end zone. Add all that up and you have a team that has to settle for field goals which eventually costs it the game.

So yes, the defense definitely underperformed, or maybe they didn't. Maybe this is the best they can do since they inexplicably didn't address the weakness of the DL in the offseason, but the offense is what cost the Broncos today. This offense has been weak all season and there doesn't seem to be much improvement.

do you realize they held SAN to 24 points twice this year, PHL 9, PIT 24 and CIN 17..

in case you do not get it OAK Offense has been their problem all year.. at least under jarmarcus..

we were unable to stop them from running tonight that means the defense failed.. and the offense did about what was expected comparing them to the other better teams OAK has played..
at least that is how I see it..

miguelon
12-20-2009, 11:05 PM
No choice but to win out the rest of the season.

Play with a sense of urgency against the Cheesesteaks and the Chefs and we'll be in. Simple as that, no excuses.

Will they be able to do it? It's really up to them.

Day1BroncoFan
12-20-2009, 11:32 PM
I think our season ends on 1/3/09. If it goes on past that it won't be for long.

spikerman
12-20-2009, 11:36 PM
do you realize they held SAN to 24 points twice this year, PHL 9, PIT 24 and CIN 17..

in case you do not get it OAK Offense has been their problem all year.. at least under jarmarcus..

we were unable to stop them from running tonight that means the defense failed.. and the offense did about what was expected comparing them to the other better teams OAK has played..
at least that is how I see it..I would agree with you if the offense had shown up all season. Denver's offense has been pretty ineffective all year. True enough, the defense didn't play great today, but if the offense can't score more than 19 points and can't fix its red zone problems the team doesn't deserve to win anyway.

I also think that if Denver's offense had done its job and scored TDs instead of FGs the Raiders would have been forced to throw and not been able to run all over a very porous run defense - But that's just my $.02 worth.

Timmy!
12-20-2009, 11:38 PM
Yeah. Correll Buckhalter IS the running game :rolleyes:

sarcasm

/sarcasm

No, he's just the between the tackles running game. :shocked:

BroncoBJ
12-20-2009, 11:39 PM
Well... looking at the way everything is.

IF Denver wins this week.

AND

Pittsburgh loses
Jets lose
Jags lose
Dolphins lose

Then we clinch a playoff spot.

Its a lot to ask for. But thats how we can clinch this week, I believe.

We'll see what happens. I just hope we end the season like we started it.

6-0. :salute:

Superbowl Champs. :elefant:

LoyalSoldier
12-20-2009, 11:42 PM
It isn't over, but man it just got a lot harder. We dropped one of the easier of three games. If we win out we are still in good shape, but I would have rathered a win here and only need one more from KC instead of Phily.

Reidman
12-20-2009, 11:45 PM
We let Jamarcus Russel beat us on a last minute TD....

Playoffs...? You wanna talk playoffs..!?

BroncoBJ
12-20-2009, 11:51 PM
We let Jamarcus Russel beat us on a last minute TD....

Playoffs...? You wanna talk playoffs..!?

Hey, We let the #1 overall pick of a few years back beat us. Thats not too bad. :fight:

LoyalSoldier
12-21-2009, 12:12 AM
Hey, We let the #1 overall pick of the RAIDERS a few years back beat us. Thats not too bad. :fight:

You add that in there and it makes it all that much worse.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-21-2009, 12:16 AM
http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss194/canstusdis/ddj2ae.gif

Ravage!!!
12-21-2009, 12:39 AM

time to move on..

This is interesting. The offense can't score, and its the defense's fault. Last year, the "stats" didn't matter, only the W or L..... now its finding tons of excuses and "Orton didn't lose this one for us." So what is it?

Oakland's D-line is so good, they have dominated themselves right to a 4 win season. And do you REALLY think a good defense needs THAT much film on Charlie Frye to play solid defense? Really? Whats to know? What did he do that we didn't foresee?

Not to mention it was Fat-butt QB that led the last drive to beat us. How much film did we have on him?

jhildebrand
12-21-2009, 12:45 AM
Is the season over

If Mini-chek doesnt find a way to call better games it is. When you can't beat Oakland at home, a team probably doesn't deserve the playoffs.

Beat Philli and KC and we are in. I just see a massacre in Philli.

rcsodak
12-21-2009, 12:56 AM
We beat that team 26-6 in Oakland Jr. No excuses dude. Please.

Yes, and they were missing alot of key personnel, not to mention, led by a qb that pretty much helped the defense.

And it was 23-3. :coffee:

rcsodak
12-21-2009, 01:03 AM
If we do it will be because we back in. Ill take it if it happens but im not counting on Denver actually taking it themselves. They choked bigtime today no question. They should be ashamed.

Why in the hell do you want them in the playoffs so bad? Especially, by backing in?

It's no different than Notre Dame this year. They didn't feel they deserved to be in a bowl game, so they declined.

Same goes with the NFL. Not one player on that team should feel proud of "backing in" to the playoffs.

Good grief! I'd rather they win their last game of the year, and go out on somewhat of a high note, than "back in" to the playoffs and get humiliated like they did today, but worse.

This team has exceeded most all expectations. Good on McD & co. But they're NOT playoff caliber. I think that was made obvious after today's game.

Actually WANTING them to "back in"?

:tsk:

rcsodak
12-21-2009, 01:15 AM

What part of Reid/Fields/Holliday/Ayers/Smith/etc. don't you understand?

McD had 1 opportunity to "address the weakness of the DL". He did that by bringing in a new DL coach/DC and players.

Did you expect 1st rounders across the line? :rolleyes:

I'm still scratching my head about not seeing Hillis. Jordan had the highest avg. today, and isn't as near as powerful as Hillis is (imho). I just think Hillis would have done better, and possibly churned out some yards.
Plus, I'm wondering what the hell happened to the Oline.
Orton was constantly under pressure.

And I've never said this, but here goes: That was the WORST officiated game I've EVER watched, BAR NONE!

How many cheap shots did they put on Orton? And no calls!
How many pass interferences were there on denver's receivers? And no calls!
And Goodman's int call was BULL-SHIT! And extended the game winning drive! Talk about the officials playing a MAJOR part in an outcome!

/rant

rcsodak
12-21-2009, 01:25 AM
This is interesting. The offense can't score, and its the defense's fault. Last year, the "stats" didn't matter, only the W or L..... now its finding tons of excuses and "Orton didn't lose this one for us." So what is it?

Oakland's D-line is so good, they have dominated themselves right to a 4 win season. And do you REALLY think a good defense needs THAT much film on Charlie Frye to play solid defense? Really? Whats to know? What did he do that we didn't foresee?

Not to mention it was Fat-butt QB that led the last drive to beat us. How much film did we have on him?

Russell had been sacked 6x the last 2 games he played. How many times did denver sack him?
This was Fry's 1st game in over a year. How many times did Denver get to him?

Oak's Dline IS better than Denver's. Did you see Denver's Dline in the backfield as much as Oak's?
Did you see Denver's rb's run at will, for over 200yds?

Just because you have ODS (Orton Dymensia Syndrome), doesn't change the fact that the Defense lost the game!

All denver had to do to win, was to stop the ONE aspect of Oak's gameplan that they KNEW was coming.....the RUN! They even admitted they knew it was coming. And they STILL couldn't stop it!

At least Kyle didn't throw for 94yds/3int's. :coffee:

Italianmobstr7
12-21-2009, 01:36 AM
Sad to say, but very doubtful we beat Philly. OL & DL troubles too much to overcome IMO.

That's what MOST people said when we played Dallas, New England, San Diego, NY Giants too. We all thought we'd beat the Raiders again. Shit happens. It's any given Sunday. I have no doubt that our D will play lights out against the Eagles with Dawkins and the emotions that are going to be going. Our O-line and D-line were fine 4 weeks ago when we beat the Giants, no one was saying shit then. 1 loss to the Raiders doesn't mean that we suck, and it doesn't mean there's nothing left to play for. The Raiders also beat the Eagles, Bengals and Steelers this year. Do all of those teams suck too? No. None of them do.

The fairweather fans can go ahead and already assume a loss to the Eagles, but you're probably all the same who never thought we'd beat Dallas, NE, SD, or NYG... I'm sick of after a loss people act like the world is collapsing. I'm just as pissed as anyone that we lost to the ******* Raiders, but I'm not going to give up on the season until we have zero shot of making the playoffs, and no other Bronco fan should either. We've beaten good teams this year, and there is NO reason that we won't be able to do it again.

Italianmobstr7
12-21-2009, 01:42 AM
Why in the hell do you want them in the playoffs so bad? Especially, by backing in?

It's no different than Notre Dame this year. They didn't feel they deserved to be in a bowl game, so they declined.

Same goes with the NFL. Not one player on that team should feel proud of "backing in" to the playoffs.

Good grief! I'd rather they win their last game of the year, and go out on somewhat of a high note, than "back in" to the playoffs and get humiliated like they did today, but worse.

This team has exceeded most all expectations. Good on McD & co. But they're NOT playoff caliber. I think that was made obvious after today's game.

IF YOU WIN YOUR LAST 2 GAMES OF THE SEASON YOU'RE NOT BACKING IN!
You want to know why he wants us in the playoffs? Because he's a true ******* fan! The only way you have a shot at the Super Bowl is if you get in to the playoffs. Why do you want to miss the playoffs? What kind of fan are you? I've never seen a die hard fan want their team to miss the playoffs, especially for the 4th year in a row. Some real damn idiot Broncos fans when we lose. Pissing me off...

Watchthemiddle
12-21-2009, 01:46 AM
Is our season over?

No but it is over for the....
Bills
Browns
Raiders
KC
Skins
Bears - :laugh: Didn't a lot of people have them as preseason picks to go to the Super Bowl with the all world QB they picked up from the dumb Broncos?:laugh:
Lions
Carolina
Bucs
49ers
Seahawks
Rams - 1-11 record....isn't the head coach the same guy many on here wanted to be our next head coach?

Things could be worse. We are 8-6.....keep winning and we are in. There are so many teams in the AFC that are 7-7 wishing they could control their own destiny but must rely on others for help.

spikerman
12-21-2009, 06:37 AM
What part of Reid/Fields/Holliday/Ayers/Smith/etc. don't you understand?

McD had 1 opportunity to "address the weakness of the DL". He did that by bringing in a new DL coach/DC and players.

Did you expect 1st rounders across the line? :rolleyes: Sorry, I just don't see bringing in a bunch of other teams' backups and drafting a guy who has "bust" written all over him as addressing the defensive line (even though Ayers is actually a linebacker). Not looking for 1st rounders across the line, but drafting a D-lineman who has a chance for playing time might have been something to consider.

I'm still scratching my head about not seeing Hillis. Jordan had the highest avg. today, and isn't as near as powerful as Hillis is (imho). I just think Hillis would have done better, and possibly churned out some yards.
Plus, I'm wondering what the hell happened to the Oline.
Orton was constantly under pressure. I agree with you about Hillis. It's looking more and more to me like either McDaniels simply doesn't like Hillis as a player OR that everybody questioning McDaniels has pissed him off so much that he's decided there is no way in hell he's going to play him just because that's what the fans and media want. Either way, it's just one of many of his personnel decisions that I don't understand.

And I've never said this, but here goes: That was the WORST officiated game I've EVER watched, BAR NONE!

How many cheap shots did they put on Orton? And no calls!
How many pass interferences were there on denver's receivers? And no calls!
And Goodman's int call was BULL-SHIT! And extended the game winning drive! Talk about the officials playing a MAJOR part in an outcome!

/rant The officials had a rough day, but it went both ways. Remember that bogus intentional grounding call against the Raiders? Frye was clearly out of the pocket and the ball clearly passed the line of scrimmage. I have to admit that I didn't see anything too blatant against the receivers though. As for Goodman's call, are you talking about the one where he grabbed the receiver around his head before the ball got there? If so (and I'm as big a Broncos' fan as anyone) that was DPI.

Northman
12-21-2009, 07:05 AM

Nowhere in my post did i say i WANT them to back in. I said i would take it if it came to that. Ive stated time and time again that i want to them to earn it. :coffee:

Northman
12-21-2009, 07:08 AM
All denver had to do to win, was to stop the ONE aspect of Oak's gameplan that they KNEW was coming.....the RUN!

All Denver had to do was punch it in the endzone instead of settle for FG's like last year.....wait....

Northman
12-21-2009, 07:10 AM
There are so many teams in the AFC that are 7-7 wishing they could control their own destiny but must rely on others for help.

Sadly, Denver is helping. :tsk:

Nomad
12-21-2009, 07:18 AM
Sadly, Denver is helping. :tsk:

No what would be sad is if 'headcase' VY and co made the last WC seed and Denver is at home watching!!

Anyway you look at it, the Eagles game is our season. We win, we live to fight another game and if we lose, the KC game is just bragging rights to say we swept them then the BRONCOS go on vacation.

I want to see the BRONCOS in the playoffs but as I have said before by winning and not other teams losing.

Speaking of J Russell, who hung 31 on us last year? Was it him or someone else? Sadly I watched the game but forgot you was the QB:drinking::D

EastCoastBronco
12-21-2009, 07:28 AM
We can thank our lucky stars that Gradkowski wasn't starting or this would have been a runaway blowout for Oakland.... Damn game was at our field and we didn't even show up.

Northman
12-21-2009, 07:31 AM
No what would be sad is if 'headcase' VY and co made the last WC seed and Denver is at home watching!!

Anyway you look at it, the Eagles game is our season. We win, we live to fight another game and if we lose, the KC game is just bragging rights to say we swept them then the BRONCOS go on vacation.

I want to see the BRONCOS in the playoffs but as I have said before by winning and not other teams losing.

Speaking of J Russell, who hung 31 on us last year? Was it him or someone else? Sadly I watched the game but forgot you was the QB:drinking::D

Russell was on the final drive.

As for the game, im not into excuses. You dont get a turnover just like last week and have to settle for a FG 90% of the time. We know this was a problem last year and its rearing its ugly head again this year despite the change at QB. Is it good that we overacheived this year? Yea, it has been fun in certain moments but when it came to taking care of business with the bottom dwellars i thought we had gotten over that hump. Apparently not. Never the less we forge on in hopes that the team can pull out 2 more victories in the coming weeks.

CoachChaz
12-21-2009, 08:44 AM
We can thank our lucky stars that Gradkowski wasn't starting or this would have been a runaway blowout for Oakland.... Damn game was at our field and we didn't even show up.

Best assessment of yesterday's game that I've read yet

Traveler
12-21-2009, 09:35 AM
That's what MOST people said when we played Dallas, New England, San Diego, NY Giants too. We all thought we'd beat the Raiders again. Shit happens. It's any given Sunday. I have no doubt that our D will play lights out against the Eagles with Dawkins and the emotions that are going to be going. Our O-line and D-line were fine 4 weeks ago when we beat the Giants, no one was saying shit then. 1 loss to the Raiders doesn't mean that we suck, and it doesn't mean there's nothing left to play for. The Raiders also beat the Eagles, Bengals and Steelers this year. Do all of those teams suck too? No. None of them do.

The fairweather fans can go ahead and already assume a loss to the Eagles, but you're probably all the same who never thought we'd beat Dallas, NE, SD, or NYG... I'm sick of after a loss people act like the world is collapsing. I'm just as pissed as anyone that we lost to the ******* Raiders, but I'm not going to give up on the season until we have zero shot of making the playoffs, and no other Bronco fan should either. We've beaten good teams this year, and there is NO reason that we won't be able to do it again.

Fair weather fan or not, until this team can consistantly start beating the teams it should - especially at home, I ,as well as others, will continue to call this team out after games like this.

I understand that we are rebuilding and all the necessary pieces aren't in place. For the life of me though, I fail to see why this team in particular seems to get worse towards the end of the season.

It's almost to the point where I sometimes wish this team would get off to slow starts early in the season.

There are numerous factors in play here. Namely, JMFMcD's shitty playcalling, the OL & DL struggle to adapt to the new scheme, JMFMcD's unwillingness to adapt the scheme to our players strength's, i.e., more ZBS, involving Sheffler more in the passing game, reluctance to see if Hillis can actually help. I could go on.

We might still make the playoffs, but I am so frustrated and annoyed that we never seem to take control of our destiny when the opportunity is there. Sad part is that I'm not sure thre is anything that can be done to address the problem.

broncofaninfla
12-21-2009, 09:41 AM
Fair weather fan or not, until this team can consistantly start beating the teams it should - especially at home, I ,as well as others, will continue to call this team out after games like this.

I understand that we are rebuilding and all the necessary pieces aren't in place. For the life of me though, I fail to see why this team in particular seems to get worse towards the end of the season.

It's almost to the point where I sometimes wish this team would get off to slow starts early in the season.

There are numerous factors in play here. Namely, JMFMcD's shitty playcalling, the OL & DL struggle to adapt to the new scheme, JMFMcD's unwillingness to adapt the scheme to our players strength's, i.e., more ZBS, involving Sheffler more in the passing game, reluctance to see if Hillis can actually help. I could go on.

We might still make the playoffs, but I am so frustrated and annoyed that we never seem to take control of our destiny when the opportunity is there. Sad part is that I'm not sure thre is anything that can be done to address the problem.

I agree word for word :beer:

Dreadnought
12-21-2009, 09:56 AM

QFT - and I fail to see how blasting the team after a 2-6 stretch, highlighted by a bad loss against your most hated rival at Home makes you a "fair weather fan."

We caught lightning in a bottle for 6 weeks. A lucky bounce and 2 good wins against bad opponents had the team believing. After we won in week 4 I started believing some. By the time of the bye even Claymore was believing a little bit. We got fooled.

We started to see exactly the bad off season signs manifest themselves that got masked by the great 6 week run. McD's stubbornness. A bad offense that remained bad from week one and has if anything gotten worse - and which is a Major downgrade from the 2008 version. A defense that isn't as good as we hoped. And a team that is frankly below average and sinking - with clear signs that our coach is planning on doubling down on all the bad decisions he has made, out of a combination of insecurity and ego. The truth? The Raiders beat us because we aren't that much better than them anymore.

EastCoastBronco
12-21-2009, 10:17 AM
The way this team is playing this year I wouldn't be surprised in the least if we went into Philly next week and kicked their asses all over the field (You know Dawkins is going to be revved for this)...only to come back here and lose the finale to KC...It's just been that kind of a ride.
I'd actually love to see us make the playoffs for the simple reason that you never know which team is going to show. If the motivated, intense team that beat Dallas and the Giants shows up we could go all the way to the AFC championship. Even in the "Any Given Sunday" scenario I don't think we can take Manning and company down. They have that look of destiny about them...

Northman
12-21-2009, 11:56 AM
I have a stranger feeling. I think SD might just do it this year as far as making the SB. They are the only ones in my opinion that can take down the Colts.

Italianmobstr7
12-21-2009, 12:00 PM

I'm not saying that you shouldn't call out the team. They played like shit and didn't convert when they should have. That's not what I'm saying. You openly questioned another fan on why he would want his favorite team in the playoffs though! That's going a little far don't you think? I personally don't give a damn whether we win the last 2 games to get in, or we win 1 of 2 and "back in" as long as we're in is all that matters. EVERY Broncos fan should feel the same way. Even if we get into the playoffs and get smashed at least we were there. At least we can say we HAD a chance. That we were one of the 12 best teams. If you're a Broncos fan, and you don't want that then IMO you're not much of a Broncos fan at all... Obviously anything can happen any given Sunday so who is to say if we DO make the playoffs that we won't upset somebody? You just never know, and I'd rather have a chance at winning the Super Bowl than have absolutely 100% zero chance no matter how bad people think this team is.

Traveler
12-21-2009, 12:22 PM
IT7-

Slow your roll dude! I openly questioned someone on our playoff chances? That's a bit drama queenish, don't you think? The only thing I questioned was that are chances for beating Philly, in Philly, were slim because of our OL & DL troubles.

missingnumber7
12-21-2009, 12:38 PM
The way this team is playing this year I wouldn't be surprised in the least if we went into Philly next week and kicked their asses all over the field (You know Dawkins is going to be revved for this)...only to come back here and lose the finale to KC...It's just been that kind of a ride.
I'd actually love to see us make the playoffs for the simple reason that you never know which team is going to show. If the motivated, intense team that beat Dallas and the Giants shows up we could go all the way to the AFC championship. Even in the "Any Given Sunday" scenario I don't think we can take Manning and company down. They have that look of destiny about them...

That motivated team has shown up 1 time since the bye week. That team made regular appearances before the bye week. We have settled for FG's way to often since that dreaded week off and it seems like a trend. I hope that that motivated teams shows up for 6 games in the next 7 weeks. Because I truly believe if that team shows up we can win the super bowl. If they don't then I believe that the collapse this year is worse than last years and we could very easily lose the next two weeks and be done.

Northman
12-21-2009, 12:38 PM
Yea, i didnt see anything that Traveler did as far as questioning the playoff thing with me. I know RCS did but i also think he misunderstood where i was going with my post.

Italianmobstr7
12-21-2009, 03:54 PM
Why in the hell do you want them in the playoffs so bad?

This is the quote I have a problem with. If you think I'm being dramaish that's fine but I think anyone who calls themself a fan or a diehard should never ask a fellow fan this question because it is flat out retarded. I would rather be in the playoffs every year no matter how we get there and you SHOULD feel the same way but obviously you don't.

weazel
12-21-2009, 05:22 PM
Maybe, maybe not.

But, good teams dont lose critical games down the stretch. There's not just one area to blame. Everyone gets a share of the blame here. But lets not kid ourselves, this is very familiar to what happened last year under Shanahan. Whatever motivation McD had at the beginning is starting to wear off fast. Yes, i understand that there is parity in the league. But again, playoff teams take care of business in crunch time when they need too. The next two weeks will test this team even more of how much they WANT it. Again, our defense gave up a lot of yards on the ground while we ourselves couldnt do anything. Again, we had to settle for FG's instead of TD's. Again, we can move the ball between the 20's but our redzone scoring is abysmal. Im happy that we have played above expectations but not happy that we have dropped a game to a team we should have beaten, at home no less. For those who want to point strictly at the defense, dont. With 4 minutes left you should be able with an offense with the talent we have grind out the clock or even go and score. And as i pointed out earlier today you have to have a QB who can take over when the rest of the team falters. At times this year we have seen the defense do what it can to keep us in the game or get us back in the game. The last two weeks we really needed the offense to come through and pick up the slack and they have not.

I like you Northman, thats why it pains me to do this. but...

http://images.clipartof.com/small/38687-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Computer-Keyboard-With-A-Red-Enter-Key.jpg

weazel
12-21-2009, 05:25 PM
Maybe, maybe not.

lets hope that Tommy Kelly doesn't "pull one out" in Philly