PDA

View Full Version : Bash Orton, McDaniels, Moreno here.

honz
12-20-2009, 07:32 PM
Proceed.

ikillz0mbies
12-20-2009, 07:33 PM
You left out defense.

LRtagger
12-20-2009, 07:34 PM
And O-line

getlynched47
12-20-2009, 07:34 PM
Moreno? Orton? They did nothing wrong.

It was this freakin offensive line and the offense's inability to score any points at all.

This offense is shit.

broncobryce
12-20-2009, 07:35 PM
I will supply the kleenex

silkamilkamonico
I can't bask McDaniels. He's done more with this team this year than Mike Shanahan has in the last 3.

Kyle Orton sucks. McDaniels knows this I believe, whish is why you haven't seen any talks about him getting an extension, and why the playcalling is so conservative.

honz
This is for the posters that blame the same people no matter what. Smart posters are advised to post elsewhere.

BroncoWave
12-20-2009, 07:36 PM
:jumpsoutwindow:

LRtagger
12-20-2009, 07:37 PM
All I have to say is...Hillis should be playing QB, RB, and Oline...probably defense too. We would have won today if he threw all the passes and got 50 carries.

underrated29
12-20-2009, 07:38 PM

It was this freakin offensive line and the offense's inability to score any points at all.

This offense is shit.

Its a result of playcalling.

The playcalling was once again horrible. We ran on first down either off tackle to the left or right, every single time. And evertime they stuffed us. So we then had 2nd and 11. EVERY TIME.

I like MCD as a coach, but IMO his playcalling is very very poor. Piss poor. We are so predictable, and we never ever ever take advantage of single coverage.

The OL couldnt block, but when we call the same plays over and over and over again. Its not hard to stop us. We also never ever work the middle of the field. Its funny too because when i said that in the other thread, later on we ran a seem route or cross to stokley and it went for like 60 yards.

We run the most predictable offense ever. Mfmcd sucks imo at play calling.

GEM
12-20-2009, 07:39 PM
Playcalling was crap.

sneakers
12-20-2009, 07:39 PM
Moreno runs too tenatively.....gimme a Mike Anderson type who will smash it up in there.

sneakers
12-20-2009, 07:40 PM
This is for the posters that blame the same people no matter what. Smart posters are advised to post elsewhere.

or Posters who only show up to the forum when the broncos lose.

GEM

So....who do you blame then? We left a good 21 points on the board, who do you blame then?

broncogirl7
Play calling sucks, offensive line sucks, Orton is NOT a mobile quarterback, and why in the hell is Hillis not playing?

sneakers
12-20-2009, 07:42 PM
Play calling sucks, offensive line sucks, Orton is NOT a mobile quarterback, and why in the hell is Hillis not playing?

no shit

LawDog
12-20-2009, 07:43 PM
I can't bask McDaniels. He's done more with this team this year than Mike Shanahan has in the last 3.

Kyle Orton sucks. McDaniels knows this I believe, whish is why you haven't seen any talks about him getting an extension, and why the playcalling is so conservative.

8 wins in a season is exactly what Shanahan has done with this team. How has McD done "more". He's only shuffled the cards - with the same result.

getlynched47
Russ Hochstein and Tyler Polumbus were spanked like Daddy's little girls all game long

Alphonso Smith is just horrible. No wonder why we signed Ty Law to take his place and even let Tony Carter handle nickelback duties

and Josh McDaniels........well he's just full of fail. His confidence in his stupid offensive system is what is killing us. IT DOESN'T WORK!!!

broncobryce
Everyone is a little to blame I'm sure. But the O-line and D-line played terrible.

LRtagger
12-20-2009, 07:46 PM
So....who do you blame then? We left a good 21 points on the board, who do you blame then?

I blame Hillis...if he had mixed the gatoraid properly in the coolers we would have won. He mixed it with too much water.

dogfish
12-20-2009, 07:47 PM
Playcalling was crap.

i've really grown to like the guy, and i think we've seen some real flashes this year of what this team can be-- i still feel very positive about our potential going forward-- but yea. . . wow. . . right now dude looks like the polar opposite of the "offensive genius" he was billed as. . . for all the hype about his amazing offensive system, after seeing it on the field all year it looks like he has about six plays in his playbook. . .

**** it. . .

*sighs*

chalk it up as a learning experience, cross your fingers that we might still get in this year, and hope the learning part of "learning experience" really does apply. . . i think josh has a chance to be a hell of a coach, but he has an awfully long way to go, and he HAS to figure out how to make adjustments, compensate for some of our weaknesses, and go away from things that aren't working. . . .

broncogirl7
12-20-2009, 07:47 PM
no shit

No shit is right!~ We had this game and we choked! Playoffs...not gonna happen unless McD pulls his head out of his ass and starts with some real play-calling.

silkamilkamonico
12-20-2009, 07:49 PM
8 wins in a season is exactly what Shanahan has done with this team. How has McD done "more". He's only shuffled the cards - with the same result.

He's already done more with less.

Defense and special teams are better.

He's trying to run his system with Shanahan's marginally talented players.

Also, and most importantly, at least now we know we might have a chance, because we actually have a defense and special teams. Something Shanahan has no concept of.

Timmy!
12-20-2009, 07:56 PM
i've really grown to like the guy, and i think we've seen some real flashes this year of what this team can be-- i still feel very positive about our potential going forward-- but yea. . . wow. . . right now dude looks like the polar opposite of the "offensive genius" he was billed as. . . for all the hype about his amazing offensive system, after seeing it on the field all year it looks like he has about six plays in his playbook. . .

**** it. . .

*sighs*

chalk it up as a learning experience, cross your fingers that we might still get in this year, and hope the learning part of "learning experience" really does apply. . . i think josh has a chance to be a hell of a coach, but he has an awfully long way to go, and he HAS to figure out how to make adjustments, compensate for some of our weaknesses, and go away from things that aren't working. . . .

Great post man. I still like McD, but the entire offensive game plan today was horrible, completely horrible. You needs to actually LEARN that Moreno sucks monkey balls in short yardage and how to make some friggin adjustments instead of thinking it's just an execution issue. That said, the O-line getting killed, and the run D getting completely torched sure didn't help.

Somehow, the Broncos still have a 1 game lead and still control their own destiny. Sounds a lot like last year right? Will the results be the same? Maybe. We find out exactly what this team is made of next week on the road in a game everybody and their cousin thinks we will lose.

dogfish
12-20-2009, 08:01 PM
He's already done more with less.

Defense and special teams are better.

He's trying to run his system with Shanahan's marginally talented players.

Also, and most importantly, at least now we know we might have a chance, because we actually have a defense and special teams. Something Shanahan has no concept of.

sorry silk, but that's simply not right. . . i actually agree with you that, in terms of the big picture, things do look a bit more hopeful (although another shitty loss to a bottom feeder team in a big game late in the season has me questioning that conclusion some). . .

but you can't pin the offense's failures on "shanahan's marginally talented players," and offense is most certainly the system that josh is trying to run. . . look what he inherited-- marshall, royal, stokley, scheffler, graham, clady, kuper and harris are anything but marginally talented, and the starting QB and running back are guys that mcdaniels picked. . .

and the hacks that shenanigans brought in on defense are long gone. . .

i would agree that josh needs more than one year to flip the roster and get his own personnel in place, but he walked into a situation where he had PLENTY to work with on "his" side of the ball, and he has done very, very little with it. . . hopefully he spends the offseason barricaded in an office somewhere in dove valley, regardless of how we finish this year, because he has a lot of work to do. . .

cuzz4169
12-20-2009, 08:05 PM
Moreno runs too tenatively.....gimme a Mike Anderson type who will smash it up in there.

We have him his name is peyton hillis.

honz
12-20-2009, 08:07 PM
Mainly the OLine and Dline. However, I'm a firm believer that you win and lose as a team, especially in football. Someone makes one more play for us out there and we win and all is hunky dory on BroncosForums.

silkamilkamonico
12-20-2009, 08:07 PM
sorry silk, but that's simply not right. . . i actually agree with you that, in terms of the big picture, things do look a bit more hopeful (although another shitty loss to a bottom feeder team in a big game late in the season has me questioning that conclusion some). . .

but you can't pin the offense's failures on "shanahan's marginally talented players," and offense is most certainly the system that josh is trying to run. . . look what he inherited-- marshall, royal, stokley, scheffler, graham, clady, kuper and harris are anything but marginally talented, and the starting QB and running back are guys that mcdaniels picked. . .

i would agree that josh needs more than one year to flip the roster and get his own personnel in place, but he walked into a situation where he had PLENTY to work with on "his" side of the ball, and he has done very, very little with it. . . hopefully he spends the offseason barricaded in an office somewhere in dove valley, regardless of how we finish this year, because he has a lot of work to do. . .

I'm talking about the problems along the oline interior. That needs to be addressed immediately.

It's also quite clear that McDniels is going to want another Rb or 2. Especially if he believes Hillis doesn't fit his system. He rotated up to 4 RB's a game in New England, and he likes to have package guys for situations.

There's also clearly a discomfort level in short yardage. He's gone from play action, to running up the middle, to now QB sneaks. He's trying to find something that works.

I think he still feels there's a few players short of making his offense work. They don't need to be special talents, just guys he wants for packages in his system.

A lot of people don't agree with me, but I also believe he's figuring out that Orton might not be his guy. Play calling has regressed, specifically in passing situations and 2 minute drills, towards a much more conventional style.

Being comfortable with your QB can mask a lot in terms of playcalling, and that clearly hasn't been the issue in Denver, IMHO.

Dreadnought
12-20-2009, 08:12 PM

This offense is an abject failure, and we are 2-6 since the Bye. Now how exactly arewe supposed to polish this turd?

Orton actually has held up his end, more than I expected. I'd like to see him on this team in some role for the future (ideally as a reliable backup to a first rate QB.)

Now, whats actually wrong? First and foremost McDaniels worthless offensive system and his playcalling. No two ways about it. Not only that but he has proved to be stubborn. This mess won't work, and he won't fix it. He inherited superb skill position guys and one of the best O-lines in the business, and he has screwed that up in a big way.

Second - sorry to break it to you guys - but Moreno is not the difference maker you expect out of a first round pick. He's just not. He runs with the power of Quentin Griffin, but with little speed.

Improvement? I've seen none outside of Nolan's defense. In fact, this offense is significantly worse than last years, and that is entirely self inflicted. And that you can't fairly blame on Orton. We won six games on enthusiasm and fire. Great. That seems to be his only trick, and its worn thin.

dogfish
12-20-2009, 08:16 PM
I'm talking about the problems along the oline interior. That needs to be addressed immediately.

It's also quite clear that McDniels is going to want another Rb or 2. Especially if he believes Hillis doesn't fit his system. He rotated up to 4 RB's a game in New England, and he likes to have package guys for situations.

There's also clearly a discomfort level in short yardage. He's gone from play action, to running up the middle, to now QB sneaks. He's trying to find something that works.

I think he still feels there's a few players short of making his offense work. They don't need to be special talents, just guys he wants for packages in his system.

A lot of people don't agree with me, but I also believe he's figuring out that Orton might not be his guy. Play calling has regressed, specifically in passing situations and 2 minute drills, towards a much more conventional style.

Being comfortable with your QB can mask a lot in terms of playcalling, and that clearly hasn't been the issue in Denver, IMHO.

it's very obvious that the interior OL needs to be shored up, and i'm sure it will over the offseason. . . and i actually do kinda lean towards your stance on orton-- i appreciate his strengths and what he has been able to accomplish here, but whether it's on him or on the playcalling (equal responsibility, IMO), the guy is captain three and out waaay too much of the time. . . better pass protection, a more consistent running game and more creative playcalling would all help, but i agree that sometimes the QB has to step up in less than ideal circumstances and make a freakin' play. . .

all that said, i still think JMFMCD should be able to get considerably more out of the talent we do have on offense than what he is. . . every team has some weaknesses, and the great coaches find ways to hide them while maximizing their strengths. . . he definitely hasn't been able to do that this year, and i really hope to see that change as he gets more experience. . .

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-20-2009, 08:17 PM
**** **** **** **** **** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ****

broken12
12-20-2009, 08:18 PM
bull crap, its the fact that defenses can come up and jam our wr at the line of scrimmage knowing that there are no routs further than 10 yards, making it easier for the dline to get onto the qb, it might not be the qb's fault, more the scheme that has been incorporated this year! if we dont challenge teams to defend the field they will not respect, thus letting them jam us off our routes! and making our qb hold the ball! orton taking sacks sucks too!

BroncoTech
12-20-2009, 08:21 PM
We seem to run the same play over and over again and expecting different results on the offensive side of the ball to not being able to stop the raiders when they run their only running play over and over again. This is hell on Earth.

In short we ran it to the right about 6 more times than we should have. Most teams that beat the raiders throw a lot down the middle like the seam pass to Stokely. That's open all day.

The more football I watch the more I'm concerned the NFL is rigged. There were some non-call interference plays that changed momentum. What about the mysterious laser pointer, conspiracy abounds. How is it the NFL network schedules undefeated teams in week 14, back to back broadcasts. It's all rigged.

Bozo Jr.
12-20-2009, 08:26 PM
The blame falls on the shoulders of the play calling, the horrid OL play, and the thrashing our "D" took on the ground. As much as I like and respect JMCD, his lack of adjustments on offense is hurting us badly.

Orton is quite accurate when given perfect protection, but anything less than perfect and the 'ol boy is just too slow to escape the pressure when the pocket collapses. I'm not hating on him, as a matter of fact I really like his attitude as a team first QB. That being said, I really like Brandstater as well and hope he develops fast....like by next season.

silkamilkamonico
12-20-2009, 08:28 PM
bull crap, its the fact that defenses can come up and jam our wr at the line of scrimmage knowing that there are no routs further than 10 yards, making it easier for the dline to get onto the qb, it might not be the qb's fault, more the scheme that has been incorporated this year! if we dont challenge teams to defend the field they will not respect, thus letting them jam us off our routes! and making our qb hold the ball! orton taking sacks sucks too!

Again, why call a route where your Wr has to run 10+ yards when your QB is getting hit by the time your Wr hits the 7 yard mark?

Dean
12-20-2009, 08:30 PM
We seem to run the same play over and over again and expecting different results on the offensive side of the ball to not being able to stop the raiders when they run their only running play over and over again. This is hell on Earth.

In short we ran it to the right about 6 more times than we should have. Most teams that beat the raiders throw a lot down the middle like the seam pass to Stokely. That's open all day.

The more football I watch the more I'm concerned the NFL is rigged. There were some non-call interference plays that changed momentum. What about the mysterious laser pointer, conspiracy abounds. How is it the NFL network schedules undefeated teams in week 14, back to back broadcasts. It's all rigged.

Yeah, it seems like the Twilight Zone. Time keeps replaying but no matter how hard you try you continue to repeat your past mistakes.

Dreadnought
12-20-2009, 08:30 PM
Again, why call a route where your Wr has to run 10+ yards when your QB is getting hit by the time your Wr hits the 7 yard mark?

Now why is that? This was perhaps the best pass blocking outfit in football last year, with basically the same guys. Its either on McDaniels schemes or Orton's inability and lack of feel for a rush - I suspect some of each.

silkamilkamonico
12-20-2009, 08:34 PM
Now why is that? This was perhaps the best pass blocking outfit in football last year, with basically the same guys. Its either on McDaniels schemes or Orton's inability and lack of feel for a rush - I suspect some of each.

It was a great blocking system because of the scheme that was used. The player's fit the scheme. It was also outdated, and useless in small yardage situations, which is partly why you're seeing so many probelms in short yardage this year.

I don't think it's the scheme. In fact, every analyst you hear talkiong about McDaniels has full trust that his scheme will work in Denver when he has his players.

You couldn't run Shanahan's scheme with New England's oline, just like you can't run Belichek (McDaniels) scheme with Shanahan's oline.

topscribe
12-20-2009, 08:52 PM

Well no, Dread, it's not really the same guys. Hamilton finally got old, and
Hochstein is a career backup. Wiegmann has gotten old, too. And Harris isn't in
there, either. That's three out of the five positions, leaving just two who have
been rocks in theirs, i.e., Clady and Kuper, of course . . .

-----

Timmy!
12-20-2009, 09:03 PM

Weigman isn't playing near as well as he did last year. Not having Harris is killing us (Polumbus sucks monkey balls) and last year Hamilton was actually playing decently enough to not be replaced mid season. Orton's lack of mobility doesn't help, but the O-line is getting at LG, C, and RT in pass protection. Don't get me started on how many D-lineman are in the backfield on lots of running plays (which I think is more due to scheme than the pass protection).

Dreadnought
12-20-2009, 09:25 PM
Weigman isn't playing near as well as he did last year. Not having Harris is killing us (Polumbus sucks monkey balls) and last year Hamilton was actually playing decently enough to not be replaced mid season. Orton's lack of mobility doesn't help, but the O-line is getting at LG, C, and RT in pass protection. Don't get me started on how many D-lineman are in the backfield on lots of running plays (which I think is more due to scheme than the pass protection).

Well no, Dread, it's not really the same guys. Hamilton finally got old, and
Hochstein is a career backup. Wiegmann has gotten old, too. And Harris isn't in
there, either. That's three out of the five positions, leaving just two who have
been rocks in theirs, i.e., Clady and Kuper, of course . . .

I would be more inclined to agree that this is the root of the problem had we been relativey sack-free early on in the Season. That wasn't really the case

topscribe
12-20-2009, 09:33 PM
I would be more inclined to agree that this is the root of the problem had we been relativey sack-free early on in the Season. That wasn't really the case

True, Harris was in there. But it quickly became apparent to me that Hamilton
and Wiegmann were done.

I would really like to see the Broncos trade down in the draft, if they can, and
grab some interior linemen and get in a FA or two . . .

-----

JDL
12-20-2009, 09:42 PM

This offense is shit.

Anyone who thinks this should go rewatch MJD against Indy... every other play there was a Colt cutting off the play and he just cuts it back to the backside for a big play.

Moreno missed hole after hole today. On the goaline he just ran right into the back of the OL like he was going to somehow push his guy and the def. guy into the endzone???? Moreno never cuts it back, misses those cutback lanes all the time and just hasn't been a huge playmaker. I watch the best backs in the league routinely break tackles or turn nothing into something. Moreno seems to be so in awe that when the hole is not that, he doesn't try and do anything, he just slams it right at a defender.. I dunno, he has A LOT of blame.

Alphonso Smith gives up YET ANOTHER big play in as many weeks.

Pathetic Run D.

This is not a team that deserves the playoffs, I hope they make it for the experience, but we've gotten to enjoy yet another season of atypical Shanahan Broncos football.... it really sucks.

Nomad
12-20-2009, 09:45 PM
Yeah, it seems like the Twilight Zone. Time keeps replaying but no matter how hard you try you continue to repeat your past mistakes.

That's a good way to put it!!

HORSEPOWER 56
12-20-2009, 10:25 PM
OUR OFFENSE SUCKS ASS! From a crap QB who can't make pre-snap reads and can only throw up to 10 yards accurately but won't throw more than 3 yards consistently, to a RB who can't pick up the blitz, to an O-line who can't make pre-snap reads and can't move an 80 year old woman in a wheelchair off the LOS, to an offensive genius coach who can't realize he's being outcoached by a guy who's probably mentally retarded and make the necessary adjustments to his game plan, we're terrible from top to bottom.

We don't look like a playoff team, we're not playing like a playoff team, we don't DESERVE to be a playoff team and if through the grace of God we manage to back ourselves in this year we will be exposed, embarrassed and sent home with nothing to show for it except probably more "records" put up against us - yep, the bad kind.

There, that about covers it. **** KYLE ORTON!

Lonestar
12-20-2009, 10:38 PM
have not read most of this thread so IF I repeat something others have said YOUR brilliant.. I also have only seen stats and hi-lite from today and in some other games..

if you disagree with us your wrong.. real simple..

we have had issues with the short yardage stuff for eons.. the only decent RED inside the 5 runner we have had was Mike Bell.. and he is tearing it up for NO now..

our OLINE is to light in the ass to power block and ZBS just not work well deep in the redzone..IF we were good at it to start with..

that may have been a mistake to change over to pulling guards until we had the power OLINE we need to pull that off..

but we did and did well with it for a while.. but other teams got wise to what we were doing and caused us to go back to the ZBS we all knew and loved so well BUT with only two players that really knew it from last year Kuper and Clady (Weigmann but I think he is getting to old) and with both of them on either side of the OLINE it just is not cohesive to be effective.. But again frankly it did not work well in the red zone anyway..

the DLine is also light in the ass and Nolan has played "smoke and mirrors" ( just to use a phrase) with it all year and actually has gotten more production out of them that I thought possible.. than ANYONE thought possible..

we need quality NT that weighs more that Josh's mother in law.. someone above 325 more like 340 to anchor that NT spot to tie up 2-3 OLINE guys every play.. once we get that the running all over us will stop..

Orton from what I can see is doing what he is told to do and doing it well..
passing for 62+% QB rating 88.9.. nice TD to int ratio..

in todays game 278 passing yards and a TD.. a nice 35+ yard pass to Scheffler late in the game and IIRC heard correctly a lot of dropped passes today that hit the WR/RB/TE's in the hands.. now I did not see the game so those of you that have know what happened there..

as for play calling it sounded like they called a conservative game considering they were playing a bottom dweller.. little did they know that they would run for 250+ yards on them today DL failure IIRC.. and the QB's (2) that threw for about 68 and 47 yards respectively neither of which they game planned for..

sorry not sure what the hoopla is all about.. other than we got beat in the last minutes by a bottom dweller with tons of talent on the squad and a damned good defense.. a team that beat CIN and PIT this year an nearly beat SAN twice and PHL once... those folks are good teams..

I said it going into the season we were rebuilding and have a lot of newbies all learning newbie jobs in newbie schemes for everyone but Josh and #10.. that also means the coaches learning it also..

we were going to win some we should not and lose a few we should not..

This folks was a trap game like the term or not we were not ready mentally to play this team and I'll bet everyone was looking forward to PHL after winning a big game last week..

it is going to take another draft maybe two to totally fix the LOS issues we have because like it or not we win and lose games at the LOS..

GEM
12-21-2009, 01:11 AM
The only think I really want to bash right now is my head against a wall. So freaking frustrating.

NameUsedBefore
12-21-2009, 03:29 AM
Most of it is on McDaniels for many of the reasons already stated throughout the board.

sneakers
12-21-2009, 06:38 AM
**** **** **** **** **** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ****

Is that Morse code?

CoachChaz
12-21-2009, 08:54 AM
Most of it is on McDaniels for many of the reasons already stated throughout the board.

I agree. Many of those reasons stated have been blind bias and hatred, and therefore I agree that based on those reasons...McDaniels will be blamed.

broncofaninfla
12-21-2009, 09:41 AM
It all starts and stops with Mcd. He IS to blame. I'm tired of him saying it's the players not excuting. It's up to him to call a play and implement a scheme that doesn't get disrupted by the opposing defense time and time again. This guy was supposed to be some offensive guru but I haven't seen it yet. I've been guilty of being critical of Orton but it's on the play calling. We need a REAL OC and scheme change for next season. Mcds personel decisions are questionable as well. Jordon over Hillis, Really?

CoachChaz
12-21-2009, 10:09 AM
It all starts and stops with Mcd. He IS to blame. I'm tired of him saying it's the players not excuting. It's up to him to call a play and implement a scheme that doesn't get disrupted by the opposing defense time and time again. This guy was supposed to be some offensive guru but I haven't seen it yet. I've been guilty of being critical of Orton but it's on the play calling. We need a REAL OC and scheme change for next season. Mcds personel decisions are questionable as well. Jordon over Hillis, Really?

With all due respect...this is the most ridiculous comment I've read. The line cant execute a straight block on first and goal...the QB cant execute a quick slant with DB's playing 5 yards off...

...and yet we expect the coach to be more creative and have these same players execute more elaborate plays. Ridiculous

blamkin86
12-21-2009, 10:19 AM
My apologies for posting something half-way intelligent.

I actually agree with the last post - asking McD to do much with that OLine is kinda silly.

Even a modest football fan could see the run wasn't working yesterday. Blame the O-Line, maybe injuries, I don't know.

I do think McD should take some criticism for continuing to use the run when a) it clearly wasn't working and b) the short pass over the middle was open an awful lot.

I also think Kyle showed why he won't be around next year. He needed to step up and make the win and he didn't. I know that's kinda vague but the expectations on a QB are really lofty these days.

I'm surprised I'm posting on the negative side here - I am still a huge fan and HAD we established the run (like we did the first Raiders game) we would all be talking about the Eagles and the Playoffs.

One last comment - if you think the team is "about the same" as last year, you're out of your mind. I don't care if the record is exactly the same. We have been in most of the games we lost - Shanny kept assembling teams you knew could not compete before the game even started. Yeah, Indy beat us again, but we were competing at the end.

Way, way more excited having McDaniels here than Shanny. Sorry Mike.

broncofaninfla
12-21-2009, 10:25 AM
With all due respect...this is the most ridiculous comment I've read. The line cant execute a straight block on first and goal...the QB cant execute a quick slant with DB's playing 5 yards off...

...and yet we expect the coach to be more creative and have these same players execute more elaborate plays. Ridiculous

I'll agree to disagree with you because I don't see it any other way. Our scheme IS to blame. Our play calling is predictable and anemic. The DB's know we are dinking and dunking and the defense can stack the line as a result and disrupt our running plays as well as play the pass as well. The play calling needs to open up and be more agressive and the plays need to be tailored to our current roster NOT to Mcd's preferred scheme. We'll need to add new players to run his scheme next season but the playoffs are in our grasps this year. Mcd is stubborn and seems incapable of tailoring a scheme to fit his players.

CoachChaz
12-21-2009, 10:41 AM
I'll agree to disagree with you because I don't see it any other way. Our scheme IS to blame. Our play calling is predictable and anemic. The DB's know we are dinking and dunking and the defense can stack the line as a result and disrupt our running plays as well as play the pass as well. The play calling needs to open up and be more agressive and the plays need to be tailored to our current roster NOT to Mcd's preferred scheme. We'll need to add new players to run his scheme next season but the playoffs are in our grasps this year. Mcd is stubborn and seems incapable of tailoring a scheme to fit his players.

Which brings us full circle. If you dont have the players capable of performimg the simplest aspects of ANY scheme, how do you open it up and call more "creative" plays? And how do you tailor anything when your line cant hold a block longer than half a second?

broncofaninfla
12-21-2009, 10:47 AM
Which brings us full circle. If you dont have the players capable of performimg the simplest aspects of ANY scheme, how do you open it up and call more "creative" plays? And how do you tailor anything when your line cant hold a block longer than half a second?

Mcd set this roster and accepted the guys we had to play with this season. It's on Mcd. Remember these same guys performed in the past when we ran a different scheme.

EMB6903
12-21-2009, 10:50 AM
where is the bash woodyard or polumbus thread?

4th and 10 and woodyard lets a 3rd string te make a play... A completely different player then we all saw last year.

CoachChaz
12-21-2009, 10:51 AM
Mcd set this roster and accepted the guys we had to play with this season. It's on Mcd. Remember these same guys performed in the past when we ran a different scheme.

We went through 23 running backs last year and threw for 4000+ yards. When were they excelling at run blocking?

CoachChaz
12-21-2009, 10:52 AM
where is the bash woodyard or polumbus thread?

4th and 10 and woodyard lets a 3rd string te make a play... A completely different player then we all saw last year.

Woodyard is fine...it's obviously McDaniels fault for not playing him properly

topscribe
12-21-2009, 11:13 AM
I also think Kyle showed why he won't be around next year. He needed to step up and make the win and he didn't.

Yes, Orton failed miserably in stopping the Raiders in their last TD drive, didn't he?

If I recall, the Broncos were ahead until that time . . .

-----

weazel
12-21-2009, 02:30 PM
I blame Javon Walker

Superchop 7
12-22-2009, 07:33 PM
Orton has the arm of a muppet.

McDaniels......all ego.....all the time.

Moreno is a negative yardage human highlight reel.

CoachChaz
12-23-2009, 08:17 AM
Orton has the arm of a muppet.

McDaniels......all ego.....all the time.

Moreno is a negative yardage human highlight reel.

Superchop's posts contain zero thought or reason

Edited for accuracy

honz
12-23-2009, 03:54 PM
Good to see this thread is still going strong. Now I know the BroncosForums meltdown is still not over. I'll check back in tomorrow.

Lonestar
12-23-2009, 04:13 PM
We (with a few exceptions) tend to be a more knowlegeable and mature group here a I suspect a lot less hateful. :salute:

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel.