PDA

View Full Version : Rep Bar

Cutler6MVP
02-08-2008, 11:52 PM
Does the rep bar every change from the one green bar we all have? I cant seem to find anyone who has more than one.

Someone please explain how this reputation system works.

Tned
02-08-2008, 11:56 PM
Does the rep bar every change from the one green bar we all have? I cant seem to find anyone who has more than one.

Someone please explain how this reputation system works.

It doesn't. We don't track reputation here, so everyone gets one bar, and one bar only.

Cutler6MVP
02-09-2008, 12:00 AM
It doesn't. We don't track reputation here, so everyone gets one bar, and one bar only.

Wouldnt it be nice to see who is respected and pretty knowledgeable on this board.

I think it would be a great idea to add that feature, who else is with me?

I take pride is my posts, and love to know when people respect my knowledge of the game and this team.

Tned
02-09-2008, 12:20 AM
Wouldnt it be nice to see who is respected and pretty knowledgeable on this board.

I take pride is my posts, and love to know when people respect my knowledge of the game and this team.

We have had long discussions about this, and at least at this time, decided against a rep system. This is largely due to how abused and cliquish things became at broncomania with their CP/Rep system.

Watchthemiddle
02-09-2008, 12:26 AM

We have the high 5 system. If your posts are good, people can hit the button and you will see who liked it.

dogfish
02-09-2008, 01:52 AM

not me!

Watchthemiddle
02-09-2008, 02:08 AM
Notice my name under Dog's post.

Thats a rep or CP around here.

Thats how we roll,.

Cutler6MVP
02-09-2008, 02:39 AM
Cool, but that doesnt give you overall accuracy of how credible or well liked someone is on this board. Like im going to do a complete background on a member when he replies to my post. Theres a reason why theres a rep system, it should be used here.

The Freak used it, and it was used well there.

Watchthemiddle
02-09-2008, 02:46 AM
Cool, but that doesnt give you overall accuracy of how credible or well liked someone is on this board. Like im going to do a complete background on a member when he replies to my post. Theres a reason why theres a rep system, it should be used here.

Well like Tned said, its been a long discussion on if we should have it or not and the majority of people here don't want it.

Its an abused system, and this board doesn't want it.

This is a way for us to be different from other sites such as Mania/Broncos Country.

Plus, does it matter on how well liked you or others are? Most of the time you can tell by their posts and responses on how "well liked" someone is.

We tend to not get all caught up in that stuff over here.

Jody
02-09-2008, 02:50 AM

Rep bars have no real bearing on us here. Like tned said, "The community has spoken". We do NOT want a rep system. I am enjoying a board without all the arguments that accompany the rep system. I doubt you'd see me ever supporting it again. Ahhh....the "peace" without having one. ;)

dogfish
02-09-2008, 02:51 AM

who needs a popularity contest? why not determine who you like based on your own observations and interactions, rather than on who else likes them?

Watchthemiddle
02-09-2008, 02:53 AM
who needs a popularity contest? why not determine who you like based on your own observations and interactions, rather than on who else likes them?

This board is still small enough to get to know everyone one here. You aren't going to get to know a poster or respect someone by a bunch of bars.

Tned
02-09-2008, 03:16 AM

Having said that, when I left BM I was right arount 10 on the CP list only about 50 CP short of All Pro. Now I have fallen to around 20th and am like 48 CP short of All Pro. It's kind of :sad:

Watchthemiddle
02-09-2008, 03:33 AM
Having said that, when I left BM I was right arount 10 on the CP list only about 50 CP short of All Pro. Now I have fallen to around 20th and am like 48 CP short of All Pro. It's kind of :sad:

Tned in my honest opinion, I feel that that system is one of the ONLY reasons people stay over there.

Sure some have created acounts here, but never come here . I feel too many are wrapped up in the whole CP thing.

I also feel that the good ones are here. They can have the rest...:beer:

Jody
02-09-2008, 09:22 AM

On the other hand Tned, I made All-Pro in like 8 months of being on BM.
In the end, it wasn't meaningful in any way, but the friendships were.

Day1BroncoFan
02-09-2008, 12:27 PM
I am happy with the way it is here without the "bars". I will make my determinations based on interaction as WTM said.

I do not miss all the cp garbage one iota.

Timmy!
02-09-2008, 02:17 PM
I personally miss the old rep bars like the freak had, and if somebody started a "poll" I would bet the results would be very close, as I'd bet many of the "new" members here would be for it. Not that it's a big deal, just something to think about.

dogfish
02-09-2008, 03:50 PM

T, you want me to go back over to mania and give you some CPs?

:lol: :lol:

On the other hand Tned, I made All-Pro in like 8 months of being on BM.
In the end, it wasn't meaningful in any way, but the friendships were.

yep-- i was in the top five over there in CP count, and it meant nothing to me. . . .

Cutler6MVP
02-09-2008, 06:59 PM
Its not about popularity with the rep system. It is about knowing who is credible and knowledgeable . I'm going to take someone who has no rep with a grain of salt. It's something that is needed in all boards. Why not get rid of how many posts a person has? What does that have to do with anything then?

If we do not have a rep system, I think we should get rid of how many posts a person has.

dogfish
02-09-2008, 07:38 PM
Its not about popularity with the rep system. It is about knowing who is credible and knowledgeable . I'm going to take someone who has no rep with a grain of salt. It's something that is needed in all boards. Why not get rid of how many posts a person has? What does that have to do with anything then?

If we do not have a rep system, I think we should get rid of how many posts a person has.

that would be fine with me-- i agree, it doesn't matter. . . .

Reidman
02-09-2008, 07:44 PM
Tned in my honest opinion, I feel that that system is one of the ONLY reasons people stay over there.

Sure some have created acounts here, but never come here . I feel too many are wrapped up in the whole CP thing.

There are still a few good ones I would like to see be regulars here but in time they will probably come around.

Anyway, what's the cp system even worth to anybody once you have 100 all pros thinking they are king of the hill...

I love what we have in place here now and the best part is, we have a voice in all of it!

dogfish
02-09-2008, 07:46 PM
There are still a few good ones I would like to see be regulars here but in time they will probably come around.

Anyway, what's the cp system even worth to anybody once you have 100 all pros thinking they are king of the hill...

I love what we have in place here now and the best part is, we have a voice in all of it!

answer-- it's worth nothing. . . . :beer:

speaking of regulars, have you noticed that redbirdy's in the house now?

Reidman
02-09-2008, 07:48 PM
answer-- it's worth nothing. . . . :beer:

speaking of regulars, have you noticed that redbirdy's in the house now?

Yeah, and she's a nurse now too...:laugh:

Looks like she has caught up on posting as well.....200 posts since yesterday...:eek:

dogfish
02-09-2008, 07:49 PM
Yeah, and she's a nurse now too...:laugh:

Looks like she has caught up on posting as well.....200 posts since yesterday...:eek:

holy shit!

Lonestar
02-09-2008, 08:41 PM

Sure some have created accounts here, but never come here . I feel too many are wrapped up in the whole CP thing.

They can stay there IMO. the superficial creeps..

We had so much CP whoring going on and bets for them.. I say NO Way Jose.. Had one bet once with someone it was more fun than anything else. But I earned mine the hard way.

Lonestar
02-09-2008, 08:43 PM

If you have not figured out who is who yet, you need to spend more time here ..

Watchthemiddle
02-09-2008, 08:49 PM

Exactly...400 members is like a small small town in Iowa or something. Everybody knows everybody.

And if its hard to find "credible" posters ask some of your former freaks who they are.

Jody
02-09-2008, 10:33 PM
Exactly...400 members is like a small small town in Iowa or something. Everybody knows everybody.

And if its hard to find "credible" posters ask some of your former freaks who they are.

WTM, perhaps he should define "credible". I know I've posted full of you know what many times. :lol: It just feels so 'natural'. ;)

Requiem / The Dagda
02-09-2008, 11:15 PM
Oh good Lord, no reputation bar. It's all about ego feeding, what we have here is awesome.

broncosfanscott
02-09-2008, 11:39 PM

Well if you want all kinds of CP's, orange bars, and that blinding white background, then BM is the place for you.

If you want to know who is credible and knowledgeable then do what Jr says, spend more time here. This place is about discussing topics from the Broncos and the NFL to pretty much anything else. Members will be able to give you a "Mile High Salute" or "High Five" your post if they like what you said.

As Tned said, there has been a discussion on this and as you can see we like it the way it is.

BroncoBJ
02-10-2008, 01:33 AM
It dont matter to me really.

I know who the good posters are and I know who the scumbags are. :salute:
We dont need bars to determine that :lol:

Rick
02-10-2008, 11:55 AM
No way to rep bars, and IMO no to the high five as well.

Mile high salute is good enough, you know by looking in the cp who game you a salute, no need to see that 5 people liked so and so's post.

The ego stuff is retarded.

Bronco9798
02-10-2008, 12:30 PM
I laugh when I see people think the rep, green bar thing is an ego thing. I don't get it. At the Freak we had the rep, the bar, all of it and nobody ever complained, nobody said a word about it, there were no threads about it, etc., it just existed, it was just there. Nobody even commented about it, because nobody cared. I'm sure everybody looked at their own but nobody ever complained about somebody else's or the system.

When I read these comments about ego and all the other stuff I'm amazed. We ex Freaks just know how to have a good a time and enjoy the forums without trivial things like a rep system getting in our way of having fun.

Now that we are over here, I don't think most of us care one way or another. I'm fine with it or without it. Most of us could care less.

Nomad
02-10-2008, 01:25 PM
I'm fine with it or without it. Most of us could care less.

I concur!

Day1BroncoFan
02-10-2008, 01:42 PM
I don't like it because of the people that abused it over on b'mainia. There would be threads like "Give me CP's" or "So n So negged me". It got to be such a pain in the rear. It seemed that at least on CP this or that comment mde it into every thread I read.

I don't miss it a bit. I would not be opposed to having a vote on the matter.

I will say that I would vote against it. I think there has been a vote on this or at least a discussion not long ago and it was agreed not to have it.

Kapaibro
02-10-2008, 01:43 PM

Dear god in heaven no!

MOtorboat
02-10-2008, 01:52 PM
I don't like it because of the people that abused it over on b'mainia. There would be threads like "Give me CP's" or "So n So negged me". It got to be such a pain in the rear. It seemed that at least on CP this or that comment mde it into every thread I read.

I don't miss it a bit. I would not be opposed to having a vote on the matter.

I will say that I would vote against it. I think there has been a vote on this or at least a discussion not long ago and it was agreed not to have it.

Wow, that's too bad, the only thread we ever had even relating to it was the "Neg Rep Thread."

That was kind of fun...

Nurse Red
02-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Wow, that's too bad, the only thread we ever had even relating to it was the "Neg Rep Thread."

That was kind of fun...

He's right... it got HORRIBLE over on Mania.

CP bets for everything made the 'purists' crazy... and if anyone ever got a neg there was guaranteed to be a brand new thread asking why we were all picking on so-and-so...

It got to the point one time where I think there were 5 different CP complaint threads up in different sub-forums. You practically couldn't get away from that trash.

Day1BroncoFan
02-10-2008, 01:55 PM

That was kind of fun...

I've never been to the freak board so couldn't say.

Tha only board I've been to that even has rep bars is b'mainia and that was a bad experience. Maybe if you had seen some of the threads over there you would think differently, maybe not.

MOtorboat
02-10-2008, 01:58 PM
He's right... it got HORRIBLE over on Mania.

CP bets for everything made the 'purists' crazy... and if anyone ever got a neg there was guaranteed to be a brand new thread asking why we were all picking on so-and-so...

It got to the point one time where I think there were 5 different CP complaint threads up in different sub-forums. You practically couldn't get away from that trash.

Wow, we didn't really have any problems at all...a few people would get bent out of shape for a neg rep, but it was usually the thread that pissed them off more than the rep.

I'll be honest, when I first saw the reactions to this thread, I really wanted to say, "Yeah, but isn't that like playing without keeping score," but those of us that migrated from BM had a much different experience with it than those of us who come from BF.

I wouldn't mind having it...I enjoyed it...maybe because I was well-respected :)...but then again, we never had anything like that...

Devilspawn
02-10-2008, 02:04 PM
No rep system is required. Just don't be a dumbass and you'll have all the rep you need. Be a dumbass and you'll have all the rep you deserve.

frauschieze
02-10-2008, 02:13 PM
Wow, we didn't really have any problems at all...a few people would get bent out of shape for a neg rep, but it was usually the thread that pissed them off more than the rep.

I'll be honest, when I first saw the reactions to this thread, I really wanted to say, "Yeah, but isn't that like playing without keeping score," but those of us that migrated from BM had a much different experience with it than those of us who come from BF.

I wouldn't mind having it...I enjoyed it...maybe because I was well-respected :)...but then again, we never had anything like that...

You were well respected? Are you sure? ;)

We've got the salute and the high-five. I think that works well enough. I will always miss the Neg Rep thread (RIP) but I will live without it. It obviously means more to those from BM to NOT have any sort of rep system than it does to me to have one.

And to be honest....I haven't really missed having it.

Jody
02-10-2008, 02:16 PM
I laugh when I see people think the rep, green bar thing is an ego thing. I don't get it. At the Freak we had the rep, the bar, all of it and nobody ever complained, nobody said a word about it, there were no threads about it, etc., it just existed, it was just there. Nobody even commented about it, because nobody cared. I'm sure everybody looked at their own but nobody ever complained about somebody else's or the system.

When I read these comments about ego and all the other stuff I'm amazed. We ex Freaks just know how to have a good a time and enjoy the forums without trivial things like a rep system getting in our way of having fun.

Now that we are over here, I don't think most of us care one way or another. I'm fine with it or without it. Most of us could care less.

It should have been that way at Broncomania too, but I've never seen so many caddy threads about so and so receives cp's because she's popular and how unfair, etc. It was pathetic, really....that might even be an understatement at that. So those of us from BM (who probably had 20,000 members???), do not want to see a repeat of that whole scenario. Better without any than that again. ;) I agree, it should have been problem-free and just fun!

Jody
02-10-2008, 02:17 PM
No way to rep bars, and IMO no to the high five as well.

Mile high salute is good enough, you know by looking in the cp who game you a salute, no need to see that 5 people liked so and so's post.

The ego stuff is retarded.

I agree old bear. ;)

Kapaibro
02-10-2008, 02:34 PM
It should have been that way at Broncomania too, but I've never seen so many caddy threads about so and so receives cp's because she's popular and how unfair, etc. It was pathetic, really....that might even be an understatement at that. So those of us from BM (who probably had 20,000 members???), do not want to see a repeat of that whole scenario. Better without any than that again. ;) I agree, it should have been problem-free and just fun!

CP wh0res and brothels anyone? :mad:

Nomad
02-10-2008, 02:55 PM
Life is rough on talk forums! Hilarious!:lol:

Rick
02-10-2008, 03:34 PM
I guess I personally just do not see how there can be a rep system and it not be about ego.

Noone can tell me they don't get a rise off of getting 2, 3, 4, whatever high fives on the bottom of thier post, or seeing their reb bar filled across the screen.

If all one cares about is that someone apreciated thier post and they do not care if anyone else see's that they were appreciated then all that they would need is the mile high salute with just a little hey that was a great post in a spot that noone but the user will see the congrats.

Why do we need to have flags and banners showing hey 2, 3, 4, people thought that guy made a great point, he must be cool? Or why do we need a bar across the screen telling us that that guy is smart or cool cause everyone gave him rep?

Maybe I am just niave...I just do not see anyway at all that rep that is visible to others can not be about the ego.

Bronco9798
02-10-2008, 03:36 PM
I guess I personally just do not see how there can be a rep system and it not be about ego.

Noone can tell me they don't get a rise off of getting 2, 3, 4, whatever high fives on the bottom of thier post, or seeing their reb bar filled across the screen.

If all one cares about is that someone apreciated thier post and they do not care if anyone else see's that they were appreciated then all that they would need is the mile high salute with just a little hey that was a great post in a spot that noone but the user will see the congrats.

Why do we need to have flags and banners showing hey 2, 3, 4, people thought that guy made a great point, hemust be cool? Or why do we need a bar across the screen telling us that that guy is smart or cool cause everyone gave him rep?

Maybe I am just niave...I just do not see anyway at all that rep that is visible to others can not be about the ego.

You just seem to have a hard on for it. Most of us don't. Like i said, most of us here had it for years. We had fun with it. I don't get your anger over it. You seemed like maybe you didn't get enough of it or something. You really like venting about it. It's basically just a thing....Wow....

Rick
02-10-2008, 03:38 PM
Who is venting? And who says I am angry? Or care?

I am simply in wonderment on how a system like this can not be about ego.

If people want it then whatever, I could careless personally, I just again don't see anyway a system like that can not be about the ego.

MOtorboat
02-10-2008, 03:44 PM
Who is venting? And who says I am angry? Or care?

I am simply in wonderment on how a system like this can not be about ego.

If people want it then whatever, I could careless personally, I just again don't see anyway a system like that can not be about the ego.

So wanting to know the people who agree with me is egotistical? And then earning "rep" points for it is also egotistical? I just don't see how it's really that big of a deal.

I don't have one problem with other people seeing the people who agree with me. Personally, it makes sense. Otherwise we'd have a ton of "I agree" posts, just telling us that they agree with us, or we'd never know.

Rick
02-10-2008, 03:47 PM
Wanting people to agree with you is not egotistical at all. People should have pride in what they post and nothing wrong with feeling appreciated.

What could be constude as egotistical is wanting everyone else see how appreciated one is.

Not having the one hundred I agree posts, that perhaps I can agree with.

atwater27
02-10-2008, 04:03 PM
We want to keep the repwhores in the red light district where they belong.
I do miss the negrep threads though.

Lonestar
02-10-2008, 04:42 PM
As I said before it really got out of hand on BM. So while it was great on the freak board is was such negative for us that was one of the first things we talked about when starting this a top five issue if It remember correctly..

The one thing that really pissed me off where the weasel that would neg you and not id themselves. they has no huevos. I know who they were but they did not have the balls to sign their name to it.. So have issues with it..

I have NEVER been one to mince words and always when giving + or - reps signed my name.. But then again it is not something we have to deal with here.

Like someone said most of the members here know who the great posters are and do not need to who is not by a point system..

MOtorboat
02-10-2008, 04:47 PM
As I said before it really got out of hand on BM. So while it was great on the freak board is was such negative for us that was one of the first things we talked about when starting this a top five issue if It remember correctly..

The one thing that really pissed me off where the weasel that would neg you and not id themselves. they has no huevos. I know who they were but they did not have the balls to sign their name to it.. So have issues with it..

I have NEVER been one to mince words and always when giving + or - reps signed my name.. But then again it is not something we have to deal with here.

Like someone said most of the members here know who the great posters are and do not need to who is not by a point system..

BM's system must seriously suck, because there were no anonymous reps over at BF.

Day1BroncoFan
02-10-2008, 06:54 PM
BM's system must seriously suck, because there were no anonymous reps over at BF.

That was one of the downfalls. Anonymous cp's, usually neg's given out were the ones that seemed to cause a lot of dissention. That and people begging for cp’s. I guess they figured it was worth the few neg’s they got for the posi’s they would get.

MOtorboat
02-10-2008, 06:58 PM
That was one of the downfalls. Anonymous cp's, usually neg's given out were the ones that seemed to cause a lot of dissention. That and people begging for cp’s. I guess they figured it was worth the few neg’s they got for the posi’s they would get.

No wonder all of you guys are upset about rep systems. Ours wouldn't let you neg rep without leaving a comment at all. You saw the name and message from every person who repped you, positive or negative.

Lonestar
02-10-2008, 07:12 PM
BM's system must seriously suck, because there were no anonymous reps over at BF..

I have to be carefully here but BM was run by one guy a and bunch of young gun mods.. No input from the masses, although there were a few of the "discussion" threads to my knowledge nothing ever came out of them to get changes made..

The last two controversies were over the IP system they started using with out explanation or warning and the color change went from about these colors to stark, blinding, eye searing white to match Bronco country..

While there was a gazillion post thread going on for months about the colors, the Lame excuse was we have to input on how everyone likes it, and then it will take time to change it.. The night we started this forum we had probably 35 different color combos tests changes, before we settled on these.. Which proved to anyone and all, the powers to be there lied to us..

Since this forum was set up they finally made some changes to not so absolutely blinding white to a more gray tone.. I suspect it was in response to our success, trying to keep the bleeding down.

Be glad you were not in the middle of that forum..

Day1BroncoFan
02-10-2008, 07:16 PM

I have to be carefully here but BM was run by one guy a and bunch of young gun mods.. No input from the masses, although there were a few of the "discussion" threads to my knowledge nothing ever came out of them to get changes made..

The last two controversies were over the IP system they started using with out explanation or warning and the color change went from about these colors to stark, blinding, eye searing white to match Bronco country..

While there was a gazillion post thread going on for months about the colors, the Lame excuse was we have to input on how everyone likes it, and then it will take time to change it.. The night we started this forum we had probably 35 different color combos tests changes, before we settled on these.. Which proved to anyone and all, the powers to be there lied to us..

Since this forum was set up they finally made some changes to not so absolutely blinding white to a more gray tone.. I suspect it was in response to our success, trying to keep the bleeding down.

Be glad you were not in the middle of that forum..

I think it's still "eye blinding white". My neighours complain about light coming out of my window when I go to that site. :D

Jody
02-10-2008, 07:21 PM
I think it's still "eye blinding white". My neighours complain about light coming out of my window when I go to that site. :D

Day1....that's the funniest joke I've heard yet about the white background over at BM. "Touche'!" :lol: So true too!

Lonestar
02-10-2008, 07:21 PM

I have not been back since AUG when I came here, I also told stevie to take a flying leap after coming here and seeing how easy it was to change the colors..

I do admit I went there twice when someone sent me a link to it I did not realize it was BM.. The last time I did that the colors seemed less blinding.. Maybe it was my Photo gray+ glasses kicked in faster than normal..

Day1BroncoFan
02-10-2008, 07:25 PM
I still go there now and again. It just doesn't seem the same as it used to and no they do not listen to feedback at all.

Jody
02-10-2008, 07:29 PM
I still go there now and again. It just doesn't seem the same as it used to and no they do not listen to feedback at all.

That was one of the reasons I left BM. They enjoyed belittling feedback, no matter how mature or thoughtfully phrased, and enjoyed going in "for the kill" (I call it) way too much. So true again, Day1, so true. ;) They never aimed it at me, but I got furious watching it aimed at so many others.

This place has a great advantage too, learning from mistakes we all witnessed time and time again over yonder. :D

Watchthemiddle
02-10-2008, 07:33 PM
That was one of the reasons I left BM. They enjoyed belittling feedback, no matter how mature or thoughtfully phrased, and enjoyed going in "for the kill" (I call it) way too much. So true again, Day1, so true. ;) They never aimed it at me, but I got furious watching it aimed at so many others.

This place has a great advantage too, learning from mistakes we all witnessed time and time again over yonder. :D

This place is starting with a great core of people. Lots of good minds, good personalities, good Mods, good Admin, and I think between what some of us learned on Mania as far as how NOT to run a board and what the Freaks learned...collectively, this board will be good for a long time to come.

Bronco9798
02-10-2008, 07:37 PM
I agree

Jody
02-10-2008, 07:49 PM
This place is starting with a great core of people. Lots of good minds, good personalities, good Mods, good Admin, and I think between what some of us learned on Mania as far as how NOT to run a board and what the Freaks learned...collectively, this board will be good for a long time to come.

I agree (is that more than 10 words 9798? ;) ).

You are right! The Freaks are our reminder not to take things quite so seriously as we all were, quite frankly, coming away from BM. We were 'gun shy' so-to-speak from being over there. They have already contributed in positive ways (overall). Even 9798 has. :D And that "old bear" (ricky).;)
Look at you, WTM, you used to be 'so shy'.... :lol:

Bronco9798
02-10-2008, 07:54 PM
I'm actually amazed at how much you guys talk about that rep thing as being so "bad". Hell we neg repped people for fun. We even had a neg rep thread that you went around and neg repped everybody that posted in it. We had fun giving neg rep, it was all in fun.

Jody
02-10-2008, 07:55 PM
I'm actually amazed at how much you guys talk about that rep thing as being so "bad". Hell we neg repped people for fun. We even had a neg rep thread that you went around and neg repped everybody that posted in it. We had fun giving neg rep, it was all in fun.

I never have felt the neg rep was bad. I enjoyed negging quite frankly... a lot.:D Way too much! Way, way, way too much! :D I'd like to be able to neg here quite honestly....a lot!

Bronco9798
02-10-2008, 07:57 PM
I never have felt the neg rep was bad. I enjoyed negging quite frankly... a lot.:D Way too much! Way, way, way too much! :D I'd like to be able to neg here quite honestly....a lot!

Seems like you all did it as a mean thing though. It's funny cause nobody, and I mean nobody competed for any rep over there. Hell, it never even discussed really. We're a strange bunch though.

Jody
02-10-2008, 07:59 PM
Seems like you all did it as a mean thing though. It's funny cause nobody, and I mean nobody competed for any rep over there. Hell, it never even discussed really. We're a strange bunch though.

Actually, I just aimed mine in retaliation of ONE, lone, pain in the ass poster.
She knows who he is. :lol: He would neg me without signing it and I'd go back in for the kill, for my neg points had a little more of a sting to them.;)
Of course it was to be mean, silly. :lol:

Watchthemiddle
02-10-2008, 08:03 PM

I guess I am not familiar with your rep system you guys had. Did you earn bars and a status?

We did on Mania and that is why the 'neg' rep was considered bad. You could only give one out if you had a certain "status" on the board so they weren't optional for everyone. Everytime I gave one out, you could bet the person receiving it would cry about getting one in a post or even start a thread about it.

That is why the CP system is looked down upon by many of us here. It was abused and abused and like I said earlier in this thread, I believe it is why many people have stayed on Mania. They are obsessed with it.

Bronco9798
02-10-2008, 08:04 PM
I guess I am not familiar with your rep system you guys had. Did you earn bars and a status?

We did on Mania and that is why the 'neg' rep was considered bad. You could only give one out if you had a certain "status" on the board so they weren't optional for everyone. Everytime I gave one out, you could bet the person receiving it would cry about getting one in a post or even start a thread about it.

That is why the CP system is looked down upon by many of us here. It was abused and abused and like I said earlier in this thread, I believe it is why many people have stayed on Mania. They are obsessed with it.

We had green bars and everything just like there I guess. It was just a tool there that you could have fun with is the way we took it. It was just a tool to have some fun with. It wasn't for competitive means in no way.

Bronco9798
02-10-2008, 08:05 PM
Well I guess it could of been competitive if we treated it that way.

Tned
02-10-2008, 08:08 PM

I think there were a few reasons why it got so testy at BM:

It was anonymous, and the negs were often used as retribution or simply because someone didn't like another, and you didn't know who did it.
There were statuses (titles, bigger avvy, multiple CC's in PMs, special forum, ability to neg) as your rep grew.
There was a big divide between people that thought CP should only be given for contributions, such as good posts about the Broncos, vs. given out for stinging together 3 smilies or as a result of a bet, or simply 'because'.
Since being able to neg came with reaching a Rep threshold, that further inflamed the issue of 'how' people got CP/Rep.

Without having lived it, I'm sure it is hard for you or anyone else to grasp, but it was a very divisive thing on BM. Especially the negs.

Bronco9798
02-10-2008, 08:13 PM
I think there were a few reasons why it got so testy at BM:

It was anonymous, and the negs were often used as retribution or simply because someone didn't like another, and you didn't know who did it.
There were statuses (titles, bigger avvy, multiple CC's in PMs, special forum, ability to neg) as your rep grew.
There was a big divide between people that thought CP should only be given for contributions, such as good posts about the Broncos, vs. given out for stinging together 3 smilies or as a result of a bet, or simply 'because'.
Since being able to neg came with reaching a Rep threshold, that further inflamed the issue of 'how' people got CP/Rep.

Without having lived it, I'm sure it is hard for you or anyone else to grasp, but it was a very divisive thing on BM. Especially the negs.

Yeah, I see that. I guess our concern was just having with it and just having fun in general. The Neg Rep was more fun than the positive actually, for us anyway. See you could implement it here and not a single freak would even worry about it or discuss it.

BroncoJoe
02-10-2008, 08:15 PM
While it was somewhat of a "status symbol" at the Freak, it was also used in fun.

That negative rep thread was a lot of fun too.

The freak was a community very similar to here. Not a ton of people - a fairly close knit group. We welcomed new comers, blasted the idiots. While it was a bit cliquish, we all pretty much go along.

Watchthemiddle
02-10-2008, 08:16 PM
It was all pretty trivial actually,,,,but the thing that got to me the most was when debating ( I would NEVER argue..:cool:) with another poster and then having another "buddy" come pile on you that had nothing to contribute to the debate say..."good point _______, CP to you" Just to rub it your face in a way. Nothing to add but to say that. Then they would exchange CP's with each other, kiss, hug, or do whatever.

BroncoJoe
02-10-2008, 08:17 PM
The one thing I liked about having a system is when a total troll would appear, if they got a lot of negative rep, they could only post in the septic tank (smack here, I think).

The users could control the maddness, so to speak.

Bronco9798
02-10-2008, 08:19 PM
The one thing I liked about having a system is when a total troll would appear, if they got a lot of negative rep, they could only post in the septic tank (smack here, I think).

Yeah that was fun. we would open up the red dots and plaster the ******. Those were some fun times. Some one would say "we have a troll, time to load up the red dots". That was fun.

frauschieze
02-10-2008, 08:30 PM
I just went back to relive some memories of the Neg Rep Thread.

Someone called me Al Davis' granddaughter in one. I can't remember who it was. ********!

Watchthemiddle
02-10-2008, 08:31 PM

Thats a great idea....:laugh:

frauschieze
02-10-2008, 08:33 PM
Remember the day we all decided to neg rep Niner because he was gone?

Bronco9798
02-10-2008, 08:35 PM
Remember the day we all decided to neg rep Niner because he was gone?

I do,,lol..I signed on and saw all red instead of green in my little rep boxes,,lol...

Krugan
02-10-2008, 08:42 PM
Hey look theres a dead horse, a very dead one, lets kick it just to make sure its dead, really it still has some hide on the left leg, cant have a dead horse with anything left on it, I like comma's, yay cheese!

Bronco9798
02-10-2008, 08:55 PM
If you go to the user friendly version, you can see your high five thingys in the upper right hand corner like we had at the freak. Why isn't this visible in the other version?

High Five: 388
High Fived 365 Times in 254 Posts

Cutler6MVP
02-10-2008, 11:35 PM

Thats a joke right? Some of us do have a life and I have better things to do than worry who is who on some message board. There is nothing negative about rep points, if you think so, you're not as bright as I thought.

People should be rewarded for what they post, if its intelligent and insightful. What good are those stupid high fives for is they dont do anything? Those are just stupid and pointless if you're not gaining any points.

dogfish
02-10-2008, 11:40 PM
Thats a joke right? Some of us do have a life and I have better things to do than worry who is who on some message board. There is nothing negative about rep points, if you think so, you're not as bright as I thought.

People should be rewarded for what they post, if its intelligent and insightful. What good are those stupid high fives for is they dont do anything? Those are just stupid and pointless if you're not gaining any points.

says the guy who wants rep points so he can know who's who around here. . . .

:lol: :spit: :pound:

irony at it's finest!

but yea, call the mod a dummy-- i'm sure that's a good way to get things changed on the board. . . . :lol:

BroncoBJ
02-10-2008, 11:47 PM
Why do these threads always have arguments in them?
My goodness. I thought only Threads about the Browns had arguements. I guess a rep system is the same way. :lol:

But I'm fine with a simple High 5 or a mile high salute :salute:

I dont care about my status much on this site. I'f I'm cool I'm cool, if I'm a fool I'm a fool. A rep bar doesn't make someone cooler in the online world

Cutler6MVP
02-10-2008, 11:53 PM
says the guy who wants rep points so he can know who's who around here. . . .

:lol: :spit: :pound:

irony at it's finest!

but yea, call the mod a dummy-- i'm sure that's a good way to get things changed on the board. . . . :lol:

Uh oh, good thing we dont have rep points, or I would be receiving some negative points.

hahaha

Tned
02-11-2008, 12:01 AM
If you go to the user friendly version, you can see your high five thingys in the upper right hand corner like we had at the freak. Why isn't this visible in the other version?

Because I forgot to remove it from the new theme like I did the old theme.

Tned
02-11-2008, 12:10 AM

I've now disabled it in both. I know that is probably the opposite of what you would have liked, but you can see from the reaction in this thread, and others, how a lot of the people that came from mania feel about tracking "points".

When I turned the high 5 on as a 60 trial, it was supposed to be without points being tracked. I overlooked that with this new template.

Lonestar
02-11-2008, 12:15 AM

Let me try this one more time..

Let me add, read this thread and you will see why it did not happen and probably will not.

People are rewarded for there posts both in Mile High salutes and HI 5's if that is not enough for you, so sorry Charlie..

Everyone else seems to be OK with it.

Cutler6MVP
02-11-2008, 12:21 AM

Let me add, read this thread and you will see why it did not happen and probably will not.

People are rewarded for there posts both in Mile High salutes and HI 5's if that is not enough for you, so sorry Charlie..

disable the high fives then. It is completely unnecessary now.

Lonestar
02-11-2008, 12:31 AM
disable the high fives then. It is completely unnecessary now.

That is not the consensus of the members.. They like them BOTH..

broncosfanscott
02-11-2008, 02:16 AM

And that is what we call check-mate. :D

BroncoBJ
02-11-2008, 02:23 AM
And that is what we call check-mate. :D

That is what we call PWNT to the max :salute:

broncosfanscott
02-11-2008, 02:25 AM
That is what we call PWNT to the max :salute:

PWNT? :confused:

Cutler6MVP
02-11-2008, 09:35 AM
That is not the consensus of the members.. They like them BOTH..

Please explain why?

If we are not even keeping track of how many high fives, why keep them around?

If we arent going to do rep, why not atleast count the number of high fives you receive and have given.

I think thats middle ground to what I originally proposed.

All im saying is, if we are not going to have rep or counted high fives(which is fine by me) we should disable the high fives or whatever else this board has.

BeefStew25
02-11-2008, 09:38 AM
I think we should have a weekly ranking until the middle of March, where we then take the top 65 posters and have them post tournament style until we are down to the final two, of which they can have a post-off on a Monday night in early April. The winner will get a trophy and a visit to the White House, in addition to a nationally televised interview with Billy Packer and Jim Nantz.

MOtorboat
02-11-2008, 10:45 AM
I think we should have a weekly ranking until the middle of March, where we then take the top 65 posters and have them post tournament style until we are down to the final two, of which they can have a post-off on a Monday night in early April. The winner will get a trophy and a visit to the White House, in addition to a nationally televised interview with Billy Packer and Jim Nantz.

Want me to come up with the formula?

Jody
02-11-2008, 05:49 PM
Please explain why?

If we arent going to do rep, why not atleast count the number of high fives you receive and have given.

All im saying is, if we are not going to have rep or counted high fives(which is fine by me) we should disable the high fives or whatever else this board has.

Can we get Dr. Phil in here please? :lol:

Day1BroncoFan
02-11-2008, 05:50 PM
Can we get Dr. Phil in here please? :lol:

Or Dr. Velcro. Calling Nurse Red!

Jody
02-11-2008, 05:52 PM
Or Dr. Velcro. Calling Nurse Red!

We need a shrink, not a wink. ;)
Silly Day1. :D

Cleveland Rocks
02-11-2008, 05:57 PM
Don't care for the bar. Never cared for the bar. Will never care for the bar.

Day1BroncoFan
02-11-2008, 06:00 PM
We need a shrink, not a wink. ;)
Silly Day1. :D

True.

Broncospsycho77
02-11-2008, 06:10 PM

I've got a better idea.

Let's unfairly rank teams based on rankings from two polls and a computer formula, and then designate the majority of the winners to smaller post-offs, while the better posters may post in larger venues. The top two should immediately play in a final without any proof that they can beat opposing posters. This should take place between mid-December to early February. The winner gets confetti sprayed on them and a shiny glass trophy.

Day1BroncoFan
02-11-2008, 06:14 PM
I've got a better idea.

Let's unfairly rank teams based on rankings from two polls and a computer formula, and then designate the majority of the winners to smaller post-offs, while the better posters may post in larger venues. The top two should immediately play in a final without any proof that they can beat opposing posters. This should take place between mid-December to early February. The winner gets confetti sprayed on them and a shiny glass trophy.

The losers have to move to Baltimore.

BeefStew25
02-11-2008, 06:14 PM
I've got a better idea.

Great idea....and will will base matchups on how many friends each poster can bring to the post off. Lonely? Sorry, to Shreveport you go. Famous? Your pick, Phoenix, LA, Miami or New Orleans....

Broncospsycho77
02-11-2008, 06:16 PM
Great idea....and will will base matchups on how many friends each poster can bring to the post off. Lonely? Sorry, to Shreveport you go. Famous? Your pick, Phoenix, LA, Miami or New Orleans....

Better yet, we can factor in "strength of schedule" and "margin of victory" in past games to determine who gets in... even more, have a "plus one" system where the winner of the two highest profile games duke it out. Winner goes to DisneyLand.

Jody
02-11-2008, 09:19 PM
Please explain why?
;)

http://mythreeshrinks.com/img/MyThreeShrinks-300x300.jpg

Broncospsycho77
02-12-2008, 02:14 PM
Please explain why?

The high 5s are used not as a scoring meter for posters, but rather as a public acknowledgement of a solid post, whether well-researched, agreeable, or plain funny. No reputation point is connected to it to ensure that the forum does not become heirarchical in nature and allows new members to be on the same ground as older ones.

A forum is not a contest, so a point system is not needed. The high 5 system is recently new to the site as a full feature, and the use of it is only to show a good post compared to maybe a troll post or a weak post. That's all.

KCL
02-12-2008, 03:08 PM
We don't need no stinkin rep/CP count. :rolleyes:

DallasChief
02-12-2008, 03:17 PM
I would like neg rep for this thread. Other then that, I don't care one way or the other.