PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Name Jeff Goodman Asst. General Manager

bmarsh15
02-08-2008, 02:35 PM
Jeff Goodman has been named Assistant General Manager of the Denver Broncos, the team announced Friday.

Goodman will assist General Manager Ted Sundquist in all duties associated with the position. He enters his third season with the Broncos, having spent the previous two years as a college scout evaluating the Southeast region for the franchise.

Before joining the Broncos, Goodman gained considerable experience in contract negotiations during three years as an associate in the law firm of Balch & Bingham LLP in Birmingham, Ala. In that capacity, he worked in the firm's litigation section and its sports agency and regulation practice area.

A former wide receiver at the University of Florida, Goodman earned a bachelor's degree from Florida in business management in 2000 and a juris doctorate degree from Florida State University in 2003.

Link:
http://www.milehighreport.com/story/2008/2/8/133325/2238

lex
02-08-2008, 02:37 PM
Sundquist's replacement?

DenBronx
02-08-2008, 02:46 PM
doesnt look good for sunquist. makes you wonder if they are grooming this guy for 2009.

BeefStew25
02-08-2008, 02:47 PM
Gator wide reciever. No wonder he isn't playing football anymore.

BOSSHOGG30
02-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Hopefully he doesn't draft Florida wide receivers just because he went there!

bmarsh15
02-08-2008, 03:00 PM
At least maybe we can get better draft picks and free agency than the the sundquist I'm not sure if our guy is going to be there so we trade up 4 spots and give a 3rd and 6th rounder and the usual picks of Willie Middlebrooks, George Foster, Ashley Lilie, Deltha O'neal, Marcus Nash and a whole bunch of others.

G_Money
02-08-2008, 04:26 PM
having spent the previous two years as a college scout evaluating the Southeast region for the franchise.

So it was his call on Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall, Moss and Thomas.

He apparently has the ear of the GM, and you can't call Cutler or Marshall bad choices, exactly.

Don't mind giving that guy a leg up at all.

~G

Broncolingus
02-08-2008, 04:48 PM
Shocker that a Gator alumn would be Shanny's new puppet in the front office...

Can you already hear him saying, "...Mike has input as the Head Coach, sure, but I hold and execute the position of General Manager of the Denver Broncos. These decisions are ultimately mine."

Uh-huh...

Requiem / The Dagda

He apparently has the ear of the GM, and you can't call Cutler or Marshall bad choices, exactly.

~G

Ed Lambert gets the nod on Cutler (great connections with Vanderbilt), and I'd say Marshall as well. As he was also evaluating that part of the country.

He's Jim Goodman's son. Nepotism at it's best, the Denver Broncos. . .

dogfish

~G

sure you can. . . .

if you're a chief's fan. . . . :D

G_Money
02-08-2008, 05:22 PM
Ed Lambert gets the nod on Cutler (great connections with Vanderbilt), and I'd say Marshall as well. As he was also evaluating that part of the country.

He's Jim Goodman's son. Nepotism at it's best, the Denver Broncos. . .

C'mon Dream, let me pretend.

~G

Requiem / The Dagda
02-08-2008, 05:30 PM
C'mon Dream, let me pretend.

~G

I try to be positive, and heck - maybe it's good to get a young guy in there. Maybe he does have an eye for talent, we'll see though!

G_Money
02-08-2008, 05:37 PM
Sundquist has a lot riding on this draft. We all know Shanny's not taking the fall for personnel decisions even though he has his whole hand in that pot, so Sundquist needs to come through on this roll of the dice.

With our FA woes and our pre-06 drafting snafus, there has to be consistent change for the better or somebody head is gonna have to roll. Cutler and Marshall buy some time, but especially if last year's draft is a washout, this draft has to be productive.

Luckily for Ted, it has the potential to be very lucrative for us, even with our dearth of 1st day picks.

But since Sundquist isn't exactly in charge of 100% of the GM duties on this team, it wouldn't be that hard to "replace" him with another crony...

~G

Lonestar
02-11-2008, 10:33 PM

~G

I think it was dingers call on Jay, Marshall and Bates call on moss and thomas..

Probably scouted out but IMO those two had major things to say about them..

Lonestar
02-11-2008, 10:36 PM
Sundquist has a lot riding on this draft. We all know Shanny's not taking the fall for personnel decisions even though he has his whole hand in that pot, so Sundquist needs to come through on this roll of the dice.

With our FA woes and our pre-06 drafting snafus, there has to be consistent change for the better or somebody head is gonna have to roll. Cutler and Marshall buy some time, but especially if last year's draft is a washout, this draft has to be productive.

Luckily for Ted, it has the potential to be very lucrative for us, even with our dearth of 1st day picks.

But since Sundquist isn't exactly in charge of 100% of the GM duties on this team, it wouldn't be that hard to "replace" him with another crony...

~G

Since bates took the fall this year and Dinger was feed up with mikey he has to have a fall guy for next year.. because we all know he will not fall on the sword and take blame.. He needed another butt boy.