PDA

View Full Version : Tony Scheffler's Last Year as a Bronco?

Buff
12-18-2009, 08:42 PM
I just listened to an interview on 104.3 the fan with Tony Scheffler and it sounds like he's as good as gone after the season.

He said that he was very close to ending up with another team before the season based on what his agent has told him... And he also said that he feels another team out there can probably offer him a bigger role in their offense and that this year's offense hasn't "evolved". He said he thinks about his contract status and where he may end up everyday.

I'd like to see us sign him long term, I think his size and speed combo is an underutilized weapon of ours. But I wouldn't bet on it.

Give it a listen- http://www.fm1043thefan.com/channels/audioOnDemand/Story.aspx?ID=1177294

titan
12-18-2009, 08:45 PM
Would hate to see him go. His td catch against the Chargers in San Diego was one of the best plays of the year.

claymore
12-18-2009, 08:48 PM
He could be a star IMO. As much attention that gets thrown on other unused guys..... He is a factor that we cant replace right away.

honz
12-18-2009, 08:49 PM
Would like to keep him, but somebody's gotta go. Scheff is a nice weapon, but not irreplaceable by any means.

spikerman
12-18-2009, 08:50 PM
When he traded two picks to move up to pick up Quinn, one of several draft day moves that baffled the hell out of me, I figured Scheffler was as good as gone. Somehow I don't feel very confident about replacing Scheffler with a guy who caught something like a total of 12 passes in college.

Timmy!
12-18-2009, 08:51 PM
Figured he was as good as gone when we drafted Quinn. I obviously like Schef, but won't cry if he goes. He's not a good fit in this offense, has problems staying healthy, and drops easy balls sometimes. That said he's got great size, speed, and makes insane catches.

SM19
12-18-2009, 08:51 PM
I don't blame him. He's been consistently underutilized.

claymore
12-18-2009, 08:56 PM
Would like to keep him, but somebody's gotta go. Scheff is a nice weapon, but not irreplaceable by any means.

Figured he was as good as gone when we drafted Quinn. I obviously like Schef, but won't cry if he goes. He's not a good fit in this offense, has problems staying healthy, and drops easy balls sometimes. That said he's got great size, speed, and makes insane catches.

Guy has made some amazing catches, has stretched the field as a TE and is a real weapon that has to be accounted for.

With our line problems, he isnt as replaceable as it would seem. Is Quinn our new pass catching TE? If so throw him in now.

Sheffler isnt a HOF guy, but he is far from a bust.

Superchop 7
12-18-2009, 08:58 PM
Yeah, I heard it too.

Did you hear Nate Jacksons comments ?

I'm definately on the same page with Nate.

On Hillis....."I think it's an ego thing with Josh"

Buff
12-18-2009, 09:00 PM
Yeah, I heard it too.

Is that what he said? I heard Dmac say he'd ask Nate about Hillis after the break, but then I tuned out for a while and missed what he said... Do you remember anything else about what he said about Hillis?

claymore
12-18-2009, 09:01 PM
Yeah, I heard it too.

Well Sheffler is proven, Hillis is just a boy toy with us. Not the same thing IMO.

rcsodak
12-18-2009, 09:02 PM
Would hate to see him go. His td catch against the Chargers in San Diego was one of the best plays of the year.

Too bad he can't have more than one of them in a year. :yawn:

McD's prolly saving him for the postseason, as fragile as he is. :D

claymore
12-18-2009, 09:07 PM
Too bad he can't have more than one of them in a year. :yawn:

McD's prolly saving him for the postseason, as fragile as he is. :D

Maybe 3 yard screens and 22 reception days from Marshall take away from Sheff.

spikerman
12-18-2009, 09:07 PM
Maybe 3 yard screens and 22 reception days from Marshall take away from Sheff.

Don't forget runs up the middle for negative yardage.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-18-2009, 09:10 PM
I wish we would throw to sheff more, dude is a factor but he could be so much more than that. Throw him the ball over the top he'll take the hit.

claymore
12-18-2009, 09:11 PM
Don't forget runs up the middle for negative yardage.

well, If JMCD hates Shanahan drafted players, I would rather a quick purge than a slow fizzle.........

spikerman
12-18-2009, 09:11 PM
well, If JMCD hates Shanahan drafted players, I would rather a quick purge than a slow fizzle.........
I can't argue with that.

claymore
12-18-2009, 09:13 PM
I can't argue with that.

All I can do is try not to over react. :eek:

Buff
12-18-2009, 09:26 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d8138f6ec/Tony-Scheffler-Highlight-WK-06-vs-Chargers-2009

claymore
12-18-2009, 09:29 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d8138f6ec/Tony-Scheffler-Highlight-WK-06-vs-Chargers-2009

Meh, Quinn can do that. :shocked:

KCL
12-18-2009, 09:31 PM
All I can do is try not to over react. :eek:

Don't hurt yourself trying... :faint:

claymore
12-18-2009, 09:34 PM
Don't hurt yourself trying... :faint:

Its a difficult time for Ol Claymore.

KCL
12-18-2009, 09:34 PM
Its a difficult time for Ol Claymore.

Always.........

dogfish
12-18-2009, 10:07 PM
he's long gone, i've been saying it all year. . . it's going to be a damn shame watching him light it up playing for a team that will really utilize his ability. . . he has the skill set to be a top five, maybe top three receiving TE, but he's an afterthought in this offense. . .

i guess josh must have something against big white guys. . . :heh:

Mike
12-18-2009, 10:25 PM
Royal, Sheff, and Hillis have all been under-utilized this whole season.

spikerman
12-18-2009, 10:29 PM
One guy I really thought would get a lot of action this year is Brandon Stokley. I see what Wes Welker does in that Patriots offense and I realize he's a little older, but Stokley was Wes Welker before Wes Welker. I thought he would light it up in this offense, but he seems to be buried on the bench. Another personnel move that leaves me :confused:

claymore
12-18-2009, 10:30 PM
Royal, Sheff, and Hillis have all been under-utilized this whole season.

So... Why? They were all bright spots last year, so was Marshall.

KCL
12-18-2009, 10:31 PM
Just send that big TE to KC...we could use one.;)

claymore
12-18-2009, 10:31 PM

You guys would devour him.

spikerman
12-18-2009, 10:32 PM

Too late! You had one and let him go. :D

spikerman
12-18-2009, 10:33 PM
So... Why? They were all bright spots last year, so was Marshall.

That, my friend, is the $64,000 question. All I know is that this offense doesn't scare anybody.

honz
12-18-2009, 10:54 PM
Everyone except Marshall is being underutilized according to fans. Maybe we are just spreading the ball around more...

Even Marshall has had games where he was hardly a factor.

claymore
12-18-2009, 10:56 PM
Everyone except Marshall is being underutilized according to fans. Maybe we are just spreading the ball around more...

Even Marshall has had games where he was hardly a factor.

Who's gettin the ball then?

honz
12-18-2009, 10:59 PM
Marshall has 86 catches. We then have 6 guys that have between 19 and 34 catches. Very balanced.

claymore
12-18-2009, 11:02 PM
Marshall has 86 catches. We then have 6 guys that have between 19 and 34 catches. Very balanced.

33% of Marshalls catches came on Sunday. That is not balance.

honz
12-18-2009, 11:08 PM

It was only one game. And Marshall is easily our best receiver...he should be force fed.

BroncoWave
12-18-2009, 11:19 PM

Actually, it does show balance for the 12 prior games because before last week, Marshall's overall #'s were much closer to the rest of our backs and receivers. Last week was an anomaly. And like Honz said, Marshall is easily our best WR so it makes sense that he's have more catches than anyone else. And I'm not sure who taught you math but 21 is not 33% of 86. Try closer to 25%.

claymore
12-18-2009, 11:29 PM
Actually, it does show balance for the 12 prior games because before last week, Marshall's overall #'s were much closer to the rest of our backs and receivers. Last week was an anomaly. And like Honz said, Marshall is easily our best WR so it makes sense that he's have more catches than anyone else. And I'm not sure who taught you math but 21 is not 33% of 86. Try closer to 25%.

Yeah, I thought it was 22 and I put some averaging in there. My fault. But its still a HUGE number, and an anomaly at the very least.

BroncoWave
12-19-2009, 12:12 AM
Yeah, I thought it was 22 and I put some averaging in there. My fault. But its still a HUGE number, and an anomaly at the very least.

But that doesn't back up your argument that we're not spreading the ball around. In fact, it refutes it. If we weren't spreading the ball around, he'd be catching close to 21 passes much more often.

dogfish
12-19-2009, 12:18 AM

you can't have him!

:eviltongue:

getlynched47
12-19-2009, 01:26 AM
Tony Scheffler is as good as gone. He'll get an offer to be a starting tight end for some NFL team (Baltimore? Kansas City? Miami? Jacksonville?) this offseason. Its a shame that we wasted such talent. Our head coaches ego is very irritating. Instead of morphing his offense to the players he has, he doesn't do it. We have major weapons in Peyton Hillis and Tony Scheffler and Brandon Stokley...heck even Daniel Graham. But he isn't willing to "change" his offense to accommodate these playmakers....screw that.

Timmy!
12-19-2009, 01:33 AM
Tony Scheffler is as good as gone. He'll get an offer to be a starting tight end for some NFL team (Baltimore? Kansas City? Miami? Jacksonville?) this offseason. Its a shame that we wasted such talent. Our head coaches ego is very irritating. Instead of morphing his offense to the players he has, he doesn't do it. We have major weapons in Peyton Hillis and Tony Scheffler and Brandon Stokley...heck even Daniel Graham. But he isn't willing to "change" his offense to accommodate these playmakers....screw that.

Riiiiiiight. So, despite not using all this "talent" on the roster, this moron of a rookie head coach is on the verge of making the playoffs in his 1st year despite what many called a killer schedule. Something "the Mastermind" could NOT do with all this "talent" the last 3 years? Please. Let's give a little credit where credit is due shall we?

getlynched47
12-19-2009, 01:42 AM
Riiiiiiight. So, despite not using all this "talent" on the roster, this moron of a rookie head coach is on the verge of making the playoffs in his 1st year despite what many called a killer schedule. Something "the Mastermind" could NOT do with all this "talent" the last 3 years? Please. Let's give a little credit where credit is due shall we?

Well........considering that I never called him a moron or attacked his success...what's your point??? :confused:

I'm talking about our mediocre offense not incorporating our biggest offensive weapons because McDaniels ego gets in the way. Get it???

Timmy!
12-19-2009, 02:32 AM
Well........considering that I never called him a moron or attacked his success...what's your point??? :confused:

I'm talking about our mediocre offense not incorporating our biggest offensive weapons because McDaniels ego gets in the way. Get it???

So, getting Marshall 21 catches isn't getting our weapons the ball? Spare me the Hillis BS, it doesn't fly as I'm on record many times for more carries by Hillis. For the record, Schef is on pace for something around 35 catches. He had all of 40 last year. TE's are more responsible for blocking than receiving in this offense. We can bitch all we want. If all goes well the Broncos make the playoffs with their best record in 4 years while 85% of people eat serious crow (yes, that's a big fat plate you get to devour). I'm far from delusional, the offense has issues, and needs work. That said, our head coach is a rookie, and he's doing pretty damn well. Hopefully he learns. If you think Shanny didn't have an ego that blinded him from the truth you're friggin blind. Shef is going 2 walk for more $$$, no biggie. Care to answer why the brilliance of Shanny didn't do crap for 3 years straight despite utilizing all this talent on the roster?

bcbronc
12-19-2009, 04:55 AM
one reason I believe Scheffler is being overlooked is because one of his strengths is taking advantage of mismatches down the field. unfortunately, we don't have an (offence) that can get the ball downfield.

I do like that McD has split Scheff out wide in the redzone, and some weeks he's been a key part of the game plan. I hope Scheffler is kept around, but I don't consider him a top priority.

MileHighCrew
12-19-2009, 09:36 AM
Last year I was debating buying a 15 jersey and an 88 jersey. I think he is going to be a Sharpe type TE. I went with the Marshall

Lonestar
12-19-2009, 10:31 AM
He is a good pass catcher deep. Not a great blocker, not great YAC.

Is gonna take major bucks to keep. Not a great fit in the offensive schene if he can't block. Where Josh wants veristle players he is a one trick pony.

To those that say adapt the O to him, why when we have more weapons than we can use WHY.

Use the ones we have more and let those "specialty" players move on.

Mikes scheme involved the TE a lot ,this one does not.

Someone also said we don't do verticle well this O is designed for mismatches and getting open underneath and YAC. Not Tonys strong point.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel.

Nomad
12-19-2009, 10:40 AM
McDaniels will build his team the way he sees fit and if Scheffler isn't what he's looking for then so be it! Thanks for being a BRONCO and good luck with your next team!!

claymore
12-19-2009, 11:21 AM
I feel better about this being sober. :D

Hopefully we can get picks for some of these guys. I think we could have got something for Hillis and Sheffler, now they will both walk. ( I dont think Hillis will make the team) He is in the same boat as Sheff, all world talent, but he cant block. And JMCD requires more versatility. Good luck to both.

dogfish
12-19-2009, 12:10 PM
He is a good pass catcher deep. Not a great blocker, not great YAC.

Is gonna take major bucks to keep. Not a great fit in the offensive schene if he can't block. Where Josh wants veristle players he is a one trick pony.

To those that say adapt the O to him, why when we have more weapons than we can use WHY.

Use the ones we have more and let those "specialty" players move on.

Mikes scheme involved the TE a lot ,this one does not.

Someone also said we don't do verticle well this O is designed for mismatches and getting open underneath and YAC. Not Tonys strong point.

what games have you been watching? chef runs very well in the open field for a guy that's 250+ pounds. . . .

broncobryce
12-19-2009, 01:03 PM
I love all broncos, but I am not going to cry about players not getting as much action as last season. They will be getting a lot more action in the playoffs this year most likely, because playing at all is more action than watching the playoffs from your couch.

Lonestar
12-19-2009, 01:28 PM
IIRC Hillis is not a FA still should have a couple years on a contract.

In fact he may be a H back for us next year. And thus the reason we will not overpay to keep tony S.

spikerman
12-19-2009, 01:44 PM
IIRC Hillis is not a FA still should have a couple years on a contract.

In fact he may be a H back for us next year. And thus the reason we will not overpay to keep tony S.

I thought there was a rumor sometime in the last offseason about Hillis being converted to tight end or used as an H-back. I think the trading of two picks to draft Quinn negates that plan though.

getlynched47
12-19-2009, 01:45 PM
So, getting Marshall 21 catches isn't getting our weapons the ball? Spare me the Hillis BS, it doesn't fly as I'm on record many times for more carries by Hillis. For the record, Schef is on pace for something around 35 catches. He had all of 40 last year. TE's are more responsible for blocking than receiving in this offense. We can bitch all we want. If all goes well the Broncos make the playoffs with their best record in 4 years while 85% of people eat serious crow (yes, that's a big fat plate you get to devour). I'm far from delusional, the offense has issues, and needs work. That said, our head coach is a rookie, and he's doing pretty damn well. Hopefully he learns. If you think Shanny didn't have an ego that blinded him from the truth you're friggin blind. Shef is going 2 walk for more $$$, no biggie. Care to answer why the brilliance of Shanny didn't do crap for 3 years straight despite utilizing all this talent on the roster?

:doh:

Again, you're putting words into my mouth that I NEVER SAID.

I'm not questioning McDaniels' success. I'm not saying that "McDaniels is a reason we won't make the playoffs" or any bullshit like that.

Why the hell you keep bringing up Shanahan??? I never mentioned him ONCE!!!

Damn :coffee:

Lonestar
12-19-2009, 02:59 PM
I thought there was a rumor sometime in the last off season about Hillis being converted to tight end or used as an H-back. I think the trading of two picks to draft Quinn negates that plan though.

Quinn is primary a blocking TE and will like this year get some catches.. more of a keep them honest than being a game breaker..

Unless Hillis is hated by Josh and I do not think that to be true he is a hole card just waiting to be played.. has not been needed till the last game when Bucky went down..

I suspect that he had not gotten enough reps in practice and they were gun shy to use him..

but he is cheap contract wise where Scheffler will be wanting big bucks.. and Hillis can do the H back thing real well. and has great hands..

I suspect he will be our Kevin Faulk next year as everyone gets the scheme down better..

we have blown this team up on both sides of the ball and we have come along way but we still have a long way to go to totally understand it and execute the schemes..

Buff
01-01-2010, 02:27 PM
So, I was gone the first part of the week when it was reported that Scheff would be deactivated because of his attitude. I'm really going to be aggravated if he goes to a new team and excels. He seems to have all the tools as a pass-catching TE, but for whatever reason those aren't valued in the current system.

Either way, I think it's pretty clear that Philly was his last game in a Broncos uniform.

Tempus Fugit
01-01-2010, 02:34 PM
So, I was gone the first part of the week when it was reported that Scheff would be deactivated because of his attitude. I'm really going to be aggravated if he goes to a new team and excels. He seems to have all the tools as a pass-catching TE, but for whatever reason those aren't valued in the current system.

Either way, I think it's pretty clear that Philly was his last game in a Broncos uniform.

I was mildly surprised that he was on the team this year, and I certainly don't expect him back next season.

rcsodak
01-01-2010, 05:45 PM

:lol:

Not in this thread.....

:lol:

rcsodak
01-01-2010, 05:48 PM
I feel better about this being sober. :D

Hopefully we can get picks for some of these guys. I think we could have got something for Hillis and Sheffler, now they will both walk. ( I dont think Hillis will make the team) He is in the same boat as Sheff, all world talent, but he cant block. And JMCD requires more versatility. Good luck to both.

Plus, remember....

With no CBA, teams will be RESTRICTED in bringing in FA's, to the number of FA's they LOSE!

Looks to me that McD is already starting to plan for the future and no cap.

rcsodak
01-01-2010, 05:50 PM
I thought there was a rumor sometime in the last offseason about Hillis being converted to tight end or used as an H-back. I think the trading of two picks to draft Quinn negates that plan though.

Quinn was referred to as being one of the Better blocking TE's. It was McD that said he thought he was underutilized in the pass catching dept.

Sheff can't block. And since the Olinemen can't either, I'd say Quinn/Daniel are what's left.

claymore
01-01-2010, 05:51 PM

Either way, I think it's pretty clear that Philly was his last game in a Broncos uniform.I didnt see that this happened. Its like a mini revolt in the locker room or something.

Plus, remember....

With no CBA, teams will be RESTRICTED in bringing in FA's, to the number of FA's they LOSE!

Looks to me that McD is already starting to plan for the future and no cap.
At this point Im scared to let McDaniels pick anyone. I dont know how long he will be here, and if he brings in a shit ton of "his" guys we will just have to go thru this again.,

rcsodak
01-01-2010, 05:53 PM
I didnt see that this happened. Its like a mini revolt in the locker room or something.

At this point Im scared to let McDaniels pick anyone. I dont know how long he will be here, and if he brings in a shit ton of "his" guys we will just have to go thru this again.,

Clay, your 'shanny is showing'..... :D

SmilinAssasSin27
01-01-2010, 06:25 PM
But isn't this "revolt" occurring from the guys who had issues BEFORE the season as well? Scheff was pissed that Jay got traded and BM is a douche. When the majority is in turmoil then I'll be concerned.

Lonestar
01-01-2010, 06:46 PM
If marshall is indeed out I suspect that he will want all pass catching options on the field..if for NO other reason than to show case him as a RFA..

That is what I would do..

Dreadnought
01-01-2010, 10:18 PM
Beyond idiotic, and a purely self inflicted wound from a coach who is clearly not up to this job. He epitomizes every failwed and/or awful boss I have ever had in my life. Exact same personality.

I'll take my family to the movies this Sunday. Screw this team.

Ravage!!!
01-01-2010, 11:55 PM
Hmmm.

So first it was Cutler with the attitude problem, then it was Marshall, now its Scheffler and Hillis. Seems odd that so many players that were this team's big play makers are now all of a sudden these "problems." What could be the common link?

So most likely we won't have Marshall next season. No Scheff... maybe no Bailey, no Hillis, no stokely... possibly Graham.

who else am I missing?

dogfish
01-02-2010, 12:25 AM
Hmmm.

So first it was Cutler with the attitude problem, then it was Marshall, now its Scheffler and Hillis. Seems odd that so many players that were this team's big play makers are now all of a sudden these "problems." What could be the common link?

So most likely we won't have Marshall next season. No Scheff... maybe no Bailey, no Hillis, no stokely... possibly Graham.

who else am I missing?

mitch berger, ben hamilton, tyler polumbus and russ hochstein, hopefully. . . . :D

Brand
01-02-2010, 12:32 AM
Gosh! All those Hall of Fame candidates, huh?

Lonestar
01-02-2010, 01:05 AM
said in another thread but both scheff and marshall are jays BFFs.. with scheff having the same agent as jay..

does anyone else think there may be some tampering going on here..

dogfish
01-02-2010, 01:43 AM
said in another thread but both scheff and marshall are jays BFFs.. with scheff having the same agent as jay..

does anyone else think there may be some tampering going on here..

why, because the bears really need another TE when they've already got two good ones? or because they're going to go after marshall, even though they don't have a 1st OR a 2nd round pick next year to offer?

nope. . . no tampering. . .

JDL
01-02-2010, 01:46 AM
Actually, that isn't it at all... Marshall has NEVER been tight with Jay... EVER. That is common knowledge actually.

Separate that right from the start, even Cutler ok'd with Shanahan thoughts of moving Marshall in the offseason, Cutler had a long history of calling Marshall out... there is not some BFF relationship there... there just isn't... that's silly.

Hillis and Stokely are pissed off (everyone forgets how Stokely got demoted to #3 WR) well, this offseason he said that Leach was treated very 'unfairly' by the Broncos. Leach was good friends with Hillis, Scheffler and co... he was perhaps the most popular guy on offense according to most accounts... weird for a long-snapper, but think of Reggie Rivers back in the day (very popular back up type player) or who is the Defensive LB/Special Teams guy... man.. my memory....Shannon Sharpe's best friend,... Keith Burns. Damn that took a minute.

Anyway... Marshall is a money thing pure and simple... everything else is a power struggle over the way Bates was shown the door and Leach. The guys on offense loved those guys. Cutler had a temper-tantrum... Scheffler and Stokely spoke out...

This has, right or wrong, always been about McDaniels trying to put HIS stamp on the team and railing against Shanahan's guys.

It is weird that McDaniels even took the job because he had such great disdain when he was with the Patriots for the Broncos offense, rumors persist he thought Cutler was a punk.

Quite frankly, I think McDaniels age is at issue, he just doesn't seem to command authority and respect from the team and he tries force that loyalty with some silly antics. This stuff shouldn't be being handled in the media, I'm sorry, it really shouldn't. Maybe McDaniels will figure that out, but the truth is that I think there is a very large portion of the fan base that will NEVER accept McDaniels ... they started to give him a reprieve based on early results, but I think fans are sick and f-ing tired of the turmoil surrounding this team... Scheff, Stokely, HIllis are supposedly good guys... not many organizations are run like a dictatorship quite like the Patriots and the guys have not bought into the message or system... they did on D, but isn't that really Nolan?? as much as anyone? I mean if McDaniels is spending any time over there at this point you have to question things because the offense has held this team back, not the D. The offense has scored a mere 302pts so far... maybe we get to 320 or so. We have a shot at being worse than that 1999 offense with all the injuries. 98 and 97 were no picnic either pts wise.

But really, I think some fans won't forgive him, some fans just don't like his attitude (irrespective of the Cutler thing) and some people are just really sick and tired of all the drama around the team and want a veteran coach in there to restore calm and discipline.

I don't know about any of that. Certainly a coach, in the abstract, needs more than 1 year. But, you have to think to yourself, if a couple of those miracle plays don't happen earlier in the year, and that 6-0 start doesn't happen and we did win 5 or 6 wins... how long is McDaniels leash. It is one thing for the team to lose, but on the cusp of fighting for a playoff berth for a coach to lose, seemingly, total control of his team?? It is a real big problem...... He doesn't seem to have anyone but his ex-pats on his side... you really don't hear much support for him. That worries me... I want a coach the players respect and buy into... it almost seems like that isn't happening... and it shouldn't require a mass purging to get a professional football player to play hard for you and respect you. Stokely is the consumate pro.... Hillis may not be bright or whatever, but nobody has ever accused that kid of being lazy before or not tough.

Just incredibly bothersome that with an important game on the line, it almost seems like he's lost the team... we will definitely see on Sunday... if that team comes out and lays down??? It would really make me think... no doubt he is staying, but the guy simply has to regain some control and authority over this team... we need a coach in place that the team plays hard for... and that is the bottom line.

Lonestar
01-02-2010, 01:56 AM
well I guess all the reports and comments about Jay giving brandon lots of support during the rough times this summer were all Bovine excrement then..

IIRC they were kindred souls and texting each other a lot..

as for the bears not wanting a great passing catching TE that used to be jays roomate.. well if the star QB wants something I'd guess the GM who bent over backwards to get him will try to pull off some magic..

they both still have the same agent and I suspect that there has indeed been some tampering..

two players attitudes do not go down the toilet at the same time that jay had a good relationship with last year..

Lonestar
01-02-2010, 02:01 AM
It has been a long time since we have had so many negative nancies on here..

breaks my heart to see such a lack of confidence in Josh and his team.. in week six there was NONE.. save a couple of haters..

I have always said this team would be a contender in 2010. and that any improvement would be a huge upgrade over where we were..

sorry no one else sees where we are going..

shank
01-02-2010, 02:01 AM
jr, meet greg olsen.

http://www.nfl.com/players/gregolsen/profile?id=OLS094822

Lonestar
01-02-2010, 02:04 AM
jr, meet greg olsen.

http://www.nfl.com/players/gregolsen/profile?id=OLS094822

I know who he is BFD, jay liked scheff more..

dogfish
01-02-2010, 03:31 AM
I know who he is BFD, jay liked scheff more..

so they're going to throw away the guy they just spent a 1st round pick on a few years ago, who's been a better NFL player than scheffler so far, just because jay whispered in the GM's ear since he and chef roomed together at training camp? come on now. . .

neither cutler nor jerry angelo is on the grassy knoll-- please put away the tinfoil hat and drop the whacky conspiracy theory. . . :laugh:

EastCoastBronco
01-02-2010, 11:07 AM
Scheff's a quality pass receiver but if we are not going to use him in our scheme (blatantly obvious this year) then we might as well get some cash for him. As it stands right now we are wasting his talent AND his trade value.

Nomad
01-02-2010, 11:19 AM
Scheff's a quality pass receiver but if we are not going to use him in our scheme (blatantly obvious this year) then we might as well get some cash for him. As it stands right now we are wasting his talent AND his trade value.

You're on a roll this morning! I agree, why keep him if he's not going to be used!! Start trading these guys or getting picks to beef up these lines!!

dogfish
01-02-2010, 02:57 PM
Benching "doesn't sit well" with Scheffler
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post

All but buried amid the Brandon Marshall drama is Broncos coach Josh McDaniels' benching of tight end Tony Scheffler for the game Sunday against the Kansas City Chiefs for a non-injury-related reason.

"I'm a competitor and have worked extremely hard this offseason to be able to fight for a chance to make the playoffs," Scheffler said Friday. "Him taking that away doesn't sit very well with me or some of my teammates."

Scheffler has been frustrated by his reduced role this season — he has 31 catches for 416 yards in 15 games, after catching 40 passes for 645 yards in 13 games last year.

He apparently expressed his frustration to a few teammates after the Broncos' 30-27 loss last Sunday to Philadelphia, and word got back to coach Josh McDaniels.

Scheffler was informed Wednesday by an assistant coach that he would not be dressing for the game Sunday against the Chiefs and would spend the week of practice on the scout squad.

"To be honest, I haven't even heard from Josh," Scheffler said.

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_14108873?source=emailskipframe-profootballtalk.nbcsports.com#ixzz0bUFL71PF

Northman
01-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Adalius didnt hear from BB either. lol

Mike
01-02-2010, 03:22 PM
I've been supportive of the new coach since he got here, but he is starting to wear me down. Heaven help the guy if Denver loses tomorrow.