PDA

View Full Version : The new Official Milwaukee Brewers Thread

Pages : [1] 2

sneakers
09-06-2007, 02:22 AM
This is a continuation of the Brewers thread that I had at BM.

Hooray! Another win, and a big win 14-2!

Fielder (MVP!), Braun (Rookie of the Year), and Hart all hit 3-run home runs tonight. Jenkins also hit one, giving him 20 for the year (Hart also has 20 for the year). He now has the most 20 home run seasons in team history with 6.

But more importantly, our starting pitchers are out of their swoon. Gallardo pitched 7 shutout inning tonight. Suppan got his first victory since June a few days ago. And Villeneuva pitched well yesterday.

The call-ups from AAA are really contributing for us-they need to.

Here are the players we brought up:
IF Vinny Rottino
RHP Carlos Villanueva
RHP Chris Spurling
LHP Mitch Stetter
OF Mel Stocker
C Mike Rivera

Looks like some bullpen help, and some added depth to the infield. The catcher brought up I think was so that days when Miller is catching, we can use Estrada as a pitch hitter, and still have a catcher incase Miller gets hurt.

Only 23 games left!

sneakers
09-07-2007, 12:50 AM
Hooray! We are all tied up for first place again. We just need to keep hot for a couple more weeks and the division is ours!

rcsodak
09-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Hooray! We are all tied up for first place again. We just need to keep hot for a couple more weeks and the division is ours!

The Reds will sweep them out of 1st place......

sneakers
09-08-2007, 11:52 PM
The Reds will sweep them out of 1st place......

Not quite...rubber game is tommorow.

Great come from behind win tonight. 21 games to go.

Broncomania96
09-08-2007, 11:53 PM
Not quite...rubber game is tommorow.

Great come from behind win tonight. 21 games to go.

I though the reds had this game tonight, damn i guess thats why there there so far out of first place. Theres always next year though. :elefant:

rcsodak
09-09-2007, 12:27 AM
I though the reds had this game tonight, damn i guess thats why there there so far out of first place. Theres always next year though. :elefant:

One night, they look like the Reds of old.....

...the next night, they look like a AAA team.

Hopefully, these kids that are getting playing time now, will want to stick, next year, and help the team get back to where they need to be.

If only for some pitching...... :tsk:

sneakers
09-09-2007, 12:51 AM
One night, they look like the Reds of old.....

...the next night, they look like a AAA team.

Hopefully, these kids that are getting playing time now, will want to stick, next year, and help the team get back to where they need to be.

If only for some pitching...... :tsk:

Every team will look like poo one night, and win the next day 12-0. They key to be a playoff team is consistency.

Edit: It always seems with the Reds is that the offense is going to be there, and pitching not so much. They always have their surges in wins when pitchers enter the "dead arm" parts of the season (after about 3 weeks into the season, and in august) where all pitchers will struggle, and you will see some crazy scores like 14-12.

sneakers
09-09-2007, 07:23 PM
Guess who's all alone in first place again?

We won, cubs and cardinals both lost. Hooray!

Medford Bronco
09-09-2007, 09:29 PM
Guess who's all alone in first place again?

We won, cubs and cardinals both lost. Hooray!

good luck sneakers, for you I hope Milw makes it :salute:

sneakers
09-10-2007, 01:12 AM
good luck sneakers, for you I hope Milw makes it :salute:

Thanks, We'll see you in the playoffs hopefully.

broncosfanscott
09-10-2007, 02:02 AM
Good luck to your Brewers Sneakers. I am rooting for you......would be nice to see another team get its shot. :D

sneakers
09-10-2007, 04:38 AM
Good luck to your Brewers Sneakers. I am rooting for you......would be nice to see another team get its shot. :D

Thanks dude! We only have to hold on for 20 more games now....and we only have to get 9 more wins for our first winning season since 1992 :spit:

sneakers
09-11-2007, 01:11 AM
I wish would only score 9 runs each night. Why only 9? Because we are now 6-9 in games after a game in which we scored 10 or more runs.

So we scored 10 runs last night, and we lost 9-0 tonight. :shocked:

So we are back into a tie for 1st place with 19 games to go.

sneakers
09-11-2007, 11:27 PM
Yay! Another win today. The news is better, Cubs and Cardinals lost tonight.

That means we are 1 game up, and all alone in first place.

Go for the series win tomorrow against the Pirates...I think it is Dave Bush pitching tomorrow. Hopefully he will respond well from his shelling last time out. I think he will.

Medford Bronco
09-11-2007, 11:33 PM
Yay! Another win today. The news is better, Cubs and Cardinals lost tonight.

That means we are 1 game up, and all alone in first place.

Go for the series win tomorrow against the Pirates...I think it is Dave Bush pitching tomorrow. Hopefully he will respond well from his shelling last time out. I think he will.

Keep it up, as I know my Dodgers are done like burnt toast.

Good luck and I will root for you in the playoffs as well. New blood would be nice

sneakers
09-12-2007, 06:28 PM
I am going to see the Brewers on Friday with my mom and dad.

Let's go Astros, beat those Cubs. I didn't watch the game today (I just woke up) but I know we lost.:ahhhhh:

sneakers
09-16-2007, 12:09 AM
Well, the Brewers are now 2-4 with me in attendence this year. I went last night with my mom and dad. I did get a sweet Robin Yount Bobblehead.

sneakers
09-18-2007, 01:14 AM
Back to our winning ways...3 games in a row now. Stupid Cubs came from behind in the 9th inning! :mad:

sneakers
09-18-2007, 01:16 AM
13 games left in the season, and we only have to win 5 more games to have our first winning season since 1992. But of course I would rather they win 9 or 10 of those games and Win the division.

Medford Bronco
09-18-2007, 08:18 AM
13 games left in the season, and we only have to win 5 more games to have our first winning season since 1992. But of course I would rather they win 9 or 10 of those games and Win the division.

I think 9-4 will get you in. Good luck :beer:

sneakers
09-19-2007, 01:02 AM
Hey we are virtually tied for first place now. We are 78-72, and the Cubs are 79-73!

Only 12 games to go!

sneakers
09-20-2007, 02:59 AM
Stinkin Brewers! I thought we had this game won after comeback in the 9th inning...oh well.

11 game to go, and 1 game behind. :ahhhhh:

sneakers
09-23-2007, 12:42 AM
Stinkin' Brewers...We are going to need something incredible to happen with the cubs (they are the cubs, anything can happen) to win the division.

We still have 8 games left, 7 of which are at home. Hopefully we can win a bunch and force a 1 game playoff with the cubs.

sneakers
09-25-2007, 01:06 AM
One win down, 6 more to get.

I figure that if we sweep all the games at home here, and the cubs finish 3-3, we are in a 1 game playoff. So we need to win at home.

Looked really good tonight. Braun hit one over the scoreboard, and Fielder also crushed one too.

sneakers
09-25-2007, 07:19 PM
Hooray Rickie Weeks!! Leadoff home run!

sneakers
09-25-2007, 07:24 PM
Fielder(MVP!) just hit a home run now (49th)...it's starting to look just like last night! :D

sneakers
09-26-2007, 01:49 AM
Alright!! 2 wins down, 5 more to get. The Cubs lived up to their end of the bargain by losing tonight (Go Marlins!!).

lex
09-26-2007, 01:52 AM
Alright!! 2 wins down, 5 more to get. The Cubs lived up to their end of the bargain by losing tonight (Go Marlins!!).

How many games do you play against the Cardinals and how many against the Padres? Are you a little worried about the Padres? I know youre good at home but if you catch Peavy and Young it could be tough.

sneakers
09-26-2007, 01:56 AM
How many games do you play against the Cardinals and how many against the Padres? Are you a little worried about the Padres? I know youre good at home but if you catch Peavy and Young it could be tough.

One more against the Cards, and 4 against the Padres :ahhhhh:

I don't particularly like the way we match up against the Padres...but hopefully we can go out and still win.

lex
09-26-2007, 02:02 AM
One more against the Cards, and 4 against the Padres :ahhhhh:

I don't particularly like the way we match up against the Padres...but hopefully we can go out and still win.

Its gotta kind of suck being a Brewers fan. You know the networks want the Cubs to get in due to the massive audience the Cubs generate. It must suck to have this nice season and know people would like to throw it under the bus for $$$.

BTW, did you know the NL playoffs will be on WTBS this year? Well actually get to see Steve Stone again and Chip Caray...plus Brenly is supposed to do some games. ESPN is no longer in the MLB playoff business. They finally pulled the plug on Berman.

sneakers
09-26-2007, 02:10 AM
Its gotta kind of suck being a Brewers fan. You know the networks want the Cubs to get in due to the massive audience the Cubs generate. It must suck to have this nice season and know people would like to throw it under the bus for $$$.

BTW, did you know the NL playoffs will be on WTBS this year? Well actually get to see Steve Stone again and Chip Caray...plus Brenly is supposed to do some games. ESPN is no longer in the MLB playoff business. They finally pulled the plug on Berman.

Good, I love Chip Caray, and Steve Stone!!!

I don't really care how much the Brewers are televised nationally, they are on 140 games this year on FSN Wisconsin. Kind of like people in Colorado don't really care if the Broncos are televised nationally too much since they will see the games anyway...however people like you and me, it stinks having to watch the Chefs vs. Bears instead of the Broncos at 3pm on a Sunday.

sneakers
09-27-2007, 12:05 AM
Well, the cubs were trying to do what the cubs do best - implode in key moments...but unfortuantely we did too. Flippin Derick Turnbow walked the bases loaded, and then gave up a double.

So our chances are getting mighty slim.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-28-2007, 07:19 PM
From a Rockies' fan - GOOOOOOOOOOOO Brewers - beat SD :elefant:

lex
09-28-2007, 08:53 PM
From a Rockies' fan - GOOOOOOOOOOOO Brewers - beat SD :elefant:

And the Padres lead again. I actually wouldnt mind seeing the Brewers help the Rockies tonight provided the Cubs sweep Cincy.

lex
09-28-2007, 09:22 PM
Hey, Sneakers and the other Brewers fans. I wanted to extend congrats to you on your teams nice season. It looks like you might have a nice collection of young talent.

sneakers
09-29-2007, 11:21 PM
Hey, Sneakers and the other Brewers fans. I wanted to extend congrats to you on your teams nice season. It looks like you might have a nice collection of young talent.

Thanks lex, You guys sure turned it around since June and I am glad someone else won the division besides the stupid Cardinals.

sneakers
09-29-2007, 11:26 PM
Congrats to the Milwaukee Brewers for their first Winning season in 15 years!!:tee::congrats::bounce:

Still have 1 more game to go tomorrow. Hopefully Suppan can spoil the Padres chances of a Wildcard.

sneakers
10-02-2007, 02:51 AM
The Brewers have declined to pick up the $9 million team option for Geoff Jenkins for 2008. :Cry::bawling:

This ends his 10 year career as a Brewer. He was one of my favorite players throughout the years.

You could have told that this was going to be the case when Yost took him out of the outfield in the middle of the 9th innning Sunday so that he could get a standing ovation going off the field.

sneakers
10-30-2007, 03:11 AM
In case you didn't see, Prince Fielder was in Denver on Sunday to receive the National League Hank Aaron Award. Awarded for the most outstanding offensive player.

Next up for awards....Ryan Braun for NL Rookie Of The Year!

sneakers
11-12-2007, 06:35 PM
Congrats Ryan Braun on winning the NL Rookie of the Year award!

sneakers
11-21-2007, 05:33 AM
Brewers made a trade the other day sending Johnny Estrada to the Mets for reliever Guillermo Mota. Why would the Brewers leave themselves without a catcher? Perhaps they are just about to sign FA Jason Kendall.

sneakers
11-30-2007, 07:22 PM
Brewers finally addressed their bullpen by signing this David Riske from KC. He will possibly enter in a setup role. He had a 2.45 era last year in 65 games.

sneakers
12-09-2007, 01:01 AM
Looks like we have a new closer. :clap2: Nice to finally have an owner who is willing to dish out the cash to make the team better.

Free-agent reliever Gagne agrees to 1-year, $10M deal with Brewers

MADISON, Wis. -- The Milwaukee Brewers reached a preliminary agreement on a $10 million, one-year contract with free-agent reliever Eric Gagne, giving the team another option at closer after losing Francisco Cordero to free agency.

Gagne's deal, which is subject to him passing a physical, will allow him to earn an additional $1 million in performance bonuses, a person familiar with the negotiations said, speaking on condition of anonymity because the contract has not been finalized.

Gagne's agreement was first reported by the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel on its Web site.

"We're not there yet," Brewers general manager Doug Melvin said Saturday night at the Marquette-Wisconsin basketball game.

Melvin said the Brewers' interest in Gagne didn't indicate a lack of confidence in reliever Derrick Turnbow, considered the most logical candidate to take over as the Brewers' closer after Cordero finalized a $46 million, four-year deal with Cincinnati.

"We're just adding depth," Melvin said.

The Brewers were interested in trading for Gagne before last season's trading deadline, but lost out to the Boston Red Sox. Gagne struggled in Boston, going 2-2 with a 6.75 ERA in 20 games after being traded from Texas, but Melvin said he still considered the right-hander a potential closer.

"He's got a history of closing, and he's a guy that can help our bullpen on the back end," Melvin said.

Gagne had 152 saves with the Los Angeles Dodgers from 2002 to 2004, the most in a three-year period in major league history, and won the NL Cy Young Award in 2003. The Canadian's streak of converting 84 consecutive save opportunities in those years is far and away the longest in major league baseball.

sneakers
01-13-2008, 05:29 AM
We signed a center fielder from the Padres - Mike Cameron.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080111&content_id=2344199&vkey=hotstove2007&fext=.jsp

That means we will move Bill Hall to 3rd base, Braun then goes into the outfield. :elefant:

Bronco9798
01-13-2008, 07:53 AM
I'm a huge Reds fan. Brewers suck!!!!

sneakers
01-14-2008, 03:26 AM
I'm a huge Reds fan. Brewers suck!!!!

Who is your new manager??? Dusty Baker :shocked:.....Good luck.

Bronco9798
01-14-2008, 10:13 AM
Who is your new manager??? Dusty Baker :shocked:.....Good luck.

I wasn't happy with that either. But we did bring Walt Jockity (SP) to the front office. I was pleased with that.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-14-2008, 08:24 PM
I didn't know there was baseball in Milwaukee. When did that happen?

sneakers
01-15-2008, 02:24 AM
I didn't know there was baseball in Milwaukee. When did that happen?

'50s and 60's they had the Milwaukee Braves...they had a player named Hank Aaron, you may have heard about him.

Then 1970-present. You usually don't here much about the Brewers because they just had their first winning season in 15 years last year. :D

SmilinAssasSin27
01-15-2008, 08:55 AM
Hank Aaron? sounds familiar.

sneakers
02-09-2008, 07:41 PM
Ned Yost's contract was extended (or picked up) through the 2009 season. :beer: :congrats:

sneakers
02-20-2008, 01:10 AM
Today was the first official workout of the spring...only pitchers and catchers had to report, but everyone on the 40 man roster showed up.

Those turkeys rose prices at the Miller park concession stands again! They said that their distributors started charging them a fuel surcharge.

sneakers
02-26-2008, 01:28 AM
The brewers play their first exhibition game on thursday!!! :beer:

sneakers
02-29-2008, 09:12 AM
Ryan Braun!!!!!!!

He must like hitting in Arizona, he had a monster spring last year, and a fairly good regular season too ;)

sneakers
03-03-2008, 05:21 AM
The Brewers renewed Prince Fielder for 2008 for $670,000. They also renewed Ryan Braun for this year for $455,000.

Not bad. Better shell out the big buck in a couple of years though.

sneakers
03-19-2008, 05:35 AM
Poor Chris Capuano, started 5-0 last year, and never won another game. Now he is hurt in spring training!

sneakers
03-24-2008, 03:21 AM
No surprise, Ben sheets is our opening day starter for the 7th year in a row. Jeff Suppan will be the #2. From there, who knows...you have 5 guys competing for 3 spots.

MOtorboat
03-24-2008, 08:26 AM
No surprise, Ben sheets is our opening day starter for the 7th year in a row. Jeff Suppan will be the #2. From there, who knows...you have 5 guys competing for 3 spots.

Still? That's pretty late in camp not to know three of your starting five...

I would have to imagine its Vargas, Bush and Parra.

Who else is in the mix?

P.S. I think Rickie Weeks has a huge year....

CoachChaz
03-24-2008, 11:00 AM
Still? That's pretty late in camp not to know three of your starting five...

I would have to imagine its Vargas, Bush and Parra.

Who else is in the mix?

P.S. I think Rickie Weeks has a huge year....

...followed by off years from Braun and Hardy.

Bush will start and probably Vargas and Capuano. Add Gallardo once he comes back from the injury.

Parra will be better in long relief

MOtorboat
03-24-2008, 11:01 AM
...followed by off years from Braun and Hardy.

Bush will start and probably Vargas and Capuano. Add Gallardo once he comes back from the injury.

Parra will be better in long relief

Ah, Gallardo is out...hadn't heard that, and I forgot about him. They've got a good, young lineup...hopefully for the Brew Crew, Sheets can stay healthy.

studbucket
03-24-2008, 11:28 AM
Go Brewers!

The joke has always been you can't spell Weeks without 2 Es and a K...hopefully he can turn things around this year.

CoachChaz
03-24-2008, 11:42 AM
Ah, Gallardo is out...hadn't heard that, and I forgot about him. They've got a good, young lineup...hopefully for the Brew Crew, Sheets can stay healthy.

It's just one of those rotations and lineups where if they all play to their potential...they could be a playoff team. Unfortunately, there are always a few that choke.

Sheets, Hall, Cordero, Capuano, Jenkins...

MOtorboat
03-24-2008, 11:53 AM
That's what I'm talking about:
From yesterday's ESPN Spring Blog

WEEKS STRONG IN RETURN (9:42 p.m. ET)
Rickie Weeks returned from a hand injury and hit a three-run homer, leading the Brewers to a 5-4 victory over the Diamondbacks on Sunday.

Weeks, who had missed nearly a week, connected in the third inning. Brewers manager Ned Yost noted that Weeks also had an important day Saturday in a minor league game, his first action since injuring his hand on a headfirst slide.

"He went over there and got five at-bats in five innings, and that helped," Yost said. "A lot of times when players are struggling a little bit, to get repetitive at-bats, helps. It helps lock him in. A lot of times it's just a slight mechanical adjustment he has to make."
-- The Associated Press

CoachChaz
03-24-2008, 03:16 PM
Center fielder Bill Hall is moving to third base, third baseman Ryan Braun is shifting to left field, and Tony Gwynn Jr., Gabe Gross and Gabe Kapler will handle center until Mike Cameron returns from his 25-game suspension. Chris Capuano's elbow is shot, Yovani Gallardo is coming off knee surgery and J.J. Hardy has dropped 10 pounds because of a mysterious illness this spring. Prince Fielder is who's not happy with his contract situation.

sneakers
04-01-2008, 12:46 AM
Hooray Brewers!!

The Bullpen looked good (the starter looked really good) except for Gagne...but he will straighten it around. After that first walk the ump was totally squeezing his pitches to Fukadomi (or however you spell his name), it was crap.

Ryan Braun looks really good.

studbucket
04-01-2008, 07:16 AM
I really don't think Gagne will figure it out...I never liked the signing. Closing is 90% mental and he seems to have lost that edge 2 years ago. If he is still the closer in July I'll be shocked.

MOtorboat
04-01-2008, 07:23 AM
I really don't think Gagne will figure it out...I never liked the signing. Closing is 90% mental and he seems to have lost that edge 2 years ago. If he is still the closer in July I'll be shocked.

Turnbow?

CoachChaz
04-01-2008, 08:27 AM
The guy was solid in Texas. Being a set-up man and a closer are 2 totally different scenarios and mindframes and with the ritual he has...I can see where it messed him up. Gagne will be fine. I'd have more faith in him than in Turnbow.

sneakers
04-01-2008, 04:42 PM
Turnbow?

You just had to bring that up :tsk::tsk:

:D

studbucket
04-02-2008, 05:26 PM
Turnbow?

I have the same amount of faith in both of them (not much)...but at least Turnbow is more likeable in my eyes. You know what you will get with him. Gagne pretends to be what he used to be, then blows it. All this talk about fixing his mechanics when the problem is clearly in his head.

CoachChaz
04-03-2008, 07:39 AM
I have the same amount of faith in both of them (not much)...but at least Turnbow is more likeable in my eyes. You know what you will get with him. Gagne pretends to be what he used to be, then blows it. All this talk about fixing his mechanics when the problem is clearly in his head.

What? One blown save and suddenly he's a flop?

studbucket
04-03-2008, 08:07 AM
What? One blown save and suddenly he's a flop?

He was a flop long before he got to Milwaukee. Did you not watch him last year? He had a 1.346 WHIP (1.875 in Boston) and basically stunk up the joint. Boston couldn't get rid of him fast enough. Then Gagne shows up on the Mitchell Report, stating he was on HGH.

So in the last year he has:

1) Blown several saves; allowed 14 runs in his first 14 innings at Boston
2) Shown up on the Mitchell Report
3) Been hurt every other month.

And we're paying how much to do the same for us? I have no clue if there is anyone in the pen suited to closing, but I'm not exactly thrilled to have him. I think he might end up being the Jeffrey Hammonds of our bullpen.

This is not based after 1 start, this is how I've felt all offseason, it was a bad signing.

MOtorboat
04-03-2008, 08:11 AM
I think they should have saved the money and let Turnbow get a full season as the man. But hey, what do I know.

CoachChaz
04-03-2008, 08:11 AM
He was a flop long before he got to Milwaukee. Did you not watch him last year? He had a 1.346 WHIP (1.875 in Boston) and basically stunk up the joint. Boston couldn't get rid of him fast enough. Then Gagne shows up on the Mitchell Report, stating he was on HGH.

So in the last year he has:

1) Blown several saves; allowed 14 runs in his first 14 innings at Boston
2) Shown up on the Mitchell Report
3) Been hurt every other month.

And we're paying how much to do the same for us? I have no clue if there is anyone in the pen suited to closing, but I'm not exactly thrilled to have him. I think he might end up being the Jeffrey Hammonds of our bullpen.

This is not based after 1 start, this is how I've felt all offseason, it was a bad signing.

Last year, Boston used him as a set up guy. You don't spend your whole career in the same routine and then immediately change without issues. He was fine as a closer last year in Texas before the trade...he'll be fine in Milwaukee this year.

studbucket
04-03-2008, 08:21 AM
Last year, Boston used him as a set up guy. You don't spend your whole career in the same routine and then immediately change without issues. He was fine as a closer last year in Texas before the trade...he'll be fine in Milwaukee this year.

'His whole career' was not being a closer. He was a starting pitcher from 99-01, closed from 02-04, was injured almost all of 05-06, and then was half closer/half setup man in '07.

He has 3.5 years of being a closer, and it's been 4 years since he was good at it.

In response to MoBro, Turnbow's not much better, but if you ask "What have you done for me lately?", Turnbow's done a lot more than Gagne.

CoachChaz
04-03-2008, 08:31 AM
Last year, he saved 16 games in 17 opps with TX. Had a 2.16 ERA and 29 K's in 33 IP.

How can you say he hasn't done it in 4 years? Turnbow has been useless since his '05 season.

Gagne sucks as a set-up man...so be it. I guess the Mariners should give up on JJ Putz since he blew a save the other night too.

studbucket
04-03-2008, 02:08 PM
He had 20 save opportunities last year and blew 4 of them. That's blowing 20% of your chances, good closers don't do that!

I'm still not sure what Turnbow or Putz has to do with Gagne being crappy...

I'm just saying he's not good anymore. I watched the game on Monday, and watching him throw meatballs down the middle of the plate and struggle to hit the zone confirmed what I thought: $10 million is 20 times what he's worth.

I'll trade him to the Orioles for a bag of peanuts.

MOtorboat
04-03-2008, 02:24 PM
He had 20 save opportunities last year and blew 4 of them. That's blowing 20% of your chances, good closers don't do that!

I'm just saying he's not good anymore. I watched the game on Monday, and watching him throw meatballs down the middle of the plate and struggle to hit the zone confirmed what I thought: $10 million is 20 times what he's worth.

You're right the Top 10 Closers in the game don't, but from there, it starts getting to around 20%

SV SVO %Blown
Jose Valverde 47 54 12.96%
Joe Borowski 45 53 15.09%
Francisco Cordero 44 51 13.73%
Trevor Hoffman 42 49 14.29%
Francisco Rodriguez 40 46 13.04%
J.J. Putz 40 42 4.76%
Bobby Jenks 40 46 13.04%
Takashi Saito 39 43 9.30%
Todd Jones 38 44 13.64%
Joe Nathan 37 41 9.76%
Chad Cordero 37 46 19.57%
Jonathan Papelbon 37 40 7.50%
Billy Wagner 34 39 12.82%
David Weathers 33 39 15.38%
Jason Isringhausen 32 36 11.11%
Kevin Gregg 32 34 5.88%
Mariano Rivera 30 35 14.29%
Jeremy Accardo 30 34 11.76%
Ryan Dempster 28 31 9.68%
Al Reyes 26 30 13.33%
Brett Myers 21 24 12.50%
Bob Wickman 20 27 25.93%
Brian Fuentes 20 26 23.08%
Brad Lidge 19 27 29.63%
Brad Hennessey 19 24 20.83%
Manny Corpas 19 22 13.64%
Matt Capps 18 21 14.29%
Alan Embree 17 21 19.05%
Joakim Soria 17 21 19.05%
Eric Gagne 16 20 20.00%
Huston Street 16 21 23.81%
Chris Ray 16 20 20.00%

Bear in mind that there are 32 players on this list and 30 teams, so some teams are going to have closers that do blow 20% of their saves.

Keep in mind, of the guys who are around 20%, you have the guy who's proven he can blow 0% of his saves in the past.

CoachChaz
04-03-2008, 02:26 PM

He blew 3 of his save opportunities as a set-up man for Boston and only one as a true closer for Texas. The Putz reference was that Putz is considered a top 5 closer, but he blew up and lost one the other night...does that mean he's cooked? Gagne has had one bad outing AS A CLOSER in the past year and suddenly he's the worst thing out there. Overreaction

studbucket
04-03-2008, 02:57 PM
...Overreaction

Is it an over-reaction if I have said it was a bad signing all along? What if I was saying I was skeptical of how he would do all offseason? What if I removed him from my draft list because I wanted no part of him in fantasy.

1 blown save is just 1 step closer to what I think he is: washed-up.

CoachChaz
04-03-2008, 03:02 PM
Is it an over-reaction if I have said it was a bad signing all along? What if I was saying I was skeptical of how he would do all offseason? What if I removed him from my draft list because I wanted no part of him in fantasy.

I'm not going to get into linguistic logistics about it...and he may very well be cooked. All I'm saying is there really isn't anything legitimate to assume as much. Yes, he looked bad in Boston, but he was put in a situation he had never been in before and it altered his preparedness. Other than that...I have no reason to believe he'll fail. I might be because I thought the same thing when he signed with the Rangers and he simply proved me wrong.

sneakers
04-06-2008, 01:20 AM

He looked pretty good today, a flawless ninth inning for his 1st save as a Brewer.

CoachChaz
04-06-2008, 09:48 AM
Oh My God!!!! Gagne got a save with a strikeout and no hits. Is it a miracle or is it possible he might be able to do this closer thing?

SmilinAssasSin27
04-06-2008, 10:01 AM
I'm goin up to Shea next weekend to see the Mets host the Brewers. Can't wait.

sneakers
04-07-2008, 12:52 AM
Hooray Ben Sheets! :beer:

Complete game shutout! So he has gone 15+ innings this year without allowing a run! Hopefully he can stay healthy all year long.

Bronco4ever
04-07-2008, 02:00 AM
Hooray Ben Sheets! :beer:

Complete game shutout! So he has gone 15+ innings this year without allowing a run! Hopefully he can stay healthy all year long.

Hooray for Ben Sheets and Ryan Braun. Both of them are on my fantasy team and had excellent games today.

studbucket
04-07-2008, 11:50 AM
Oh My God!!!! Gagne got a save with a strikeout and no hits. Is it a miracle or is it possible he might be able to do this closer thing?

It might be a miracle, or a fluke ;)

CoachChaz
04-07-2008, 12:02 PM
It might be a miracle, or a fluke ;)

Yeah...it couldn't possibly be ability.

sneakers
04-13-2008, 02:25 AM
Hooray! We finally won a game in New York.....I think last year we got swept there. Ben Sheets is off to a good year, Bill Hall too!

Escobar
04-13-2008, 02:32 AM
good win today against johany santana.......surprised me

sneakers
04-13-2008, 03:08 AM
good win today against johany santana.......surprised me

Me too! :cool:

sneakers
04-15-2008, 11:39 PM
Tough luck for Dave Bush again.... :confused:

I think his fortune will change soon.

sneakers
04-20-2008, 03:45 AM
I hope ben sheets can stay healthy all year. He is 3-0 with 0.96 ERA....also Eric Gagne is starting to come around, he has his sixth save already this year.

We go for the sweep tomorrow!

sneakers
04-20-2008, 11:37 PM
Even though we didn't win today, we still had a very good 9 game road trip. We went 5-4...a heck of a lot better than we would have done last year.

sneakers
04-24-2008, 01:12 AM
Turnbow certainly knows how to make it more exciting than it needs to be every single time he pitches. But I am glad for him that he got the save tonight.

MOtorboat
04-24-2008, 09:24 AM
Turnbow certainly knows how to make it more exciting than it needs to be every single time he pitches. But I am glad for him that he got the save tonight.

So did Gagne get demoted, or did he just need a night off?

sneakers
04-27-2008, 06:37 AM
So did Gagne get demoted, or did he just need a night off?

He had pitched 6 days in a row.

But I went to Fridays game, and he pitched a scoreless inning, as he did Sat night when he got the save.

I have never been to a really boring game before, but Friday nights was close. It was 0-0 going into the 10th inning. The ball was not carrying at all...otherwise we would have had 3 home runs.

But I got to see the Miller Park roof leak again.

sneakers
04-30-2008, 12:19 AM
Hooray for Mike Carmeron! It's always nice to beat the cubs.

sneakers
05-03-2008, 05:21 AM
It's too bad about Turnbow, I liked the guy, but the last game he pitched in was ridiculous. Hopefully he will accept assignment so that he can go down and figure it out...because he can be really good. I think it is more in his head at this point.

sneakers
05-07-2008, 12:22 AM
Jeepers 4 games in a row....we are stinking it up and have fallen back to .500 :tsk:

sneakers
05-10-2008, 12:14 AM
Hooray! We finally won a game!

sneakers
05-13-2008, 12:32 AM
Ryan Braun is starting to hit.... 2 home runs yesterday, and 2 today. But more importantly, we won 3 of 4 from St. Louis, which was real important because we had lost 6 games in a row up til then.

Hogan11
05-13-2008, 12:42 AM
Man, has Fielder gotten fat or what?

sneakers
05-13-2008, 02:57 AM
Man, has Fielder gotten fat or what?

http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/Prince-Fielder-R.jpg

Hogan11
05-13-2008, 09:15 AM
http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/Prince-Fielder-R.jpg

He's gonna eat his way right out of the league if he isn't careful...I understand his weight is already effecting his performance some.

Medford Bronco
05-13-2008, 12:03 PM
He's gonna eat his way right out of the league if he isn't careful...I understand his weight is already effecting his performance some.

just like his daddy, who got HUGE and could not hit a fastball to save his life when he got older.

CoachChaz
05-13-2008, 03:39 PM
Fielder won't play past 30. Write it down

sneakers
05-14-2008, 05:42 AM
You guys are crazy...........and jealous :eviltongue:

Medford Bronco
05-14-2008, 08:16 AM
You guys are crazy...........and jealous :eviltongue:

lol not jealous, sad, I dont want him to blow up like a balloon and not hit anymore I like the guy.

and good win vs my up-and-down Dodgers last night :salute:

sneakers
05-18-2008, 02:02 AM
lol not jealous, sad, I dont want him to blow up like a balloon and not hit anymore I like the guy.

and good win vs my up-and-down Dodgers last night :salute:

We were so close to winning that second game of the series.....but oh well.

sneakers
05-21-2008, 04:45 AM
Have I mentioned how excited I am that we are playing the Pirates (although we always lose in Pitt) and the Nationals for the next 6 games? :D

Hogan11
05-21-2008, 09:00 AM
Have I mentioned how excited I am that we are playing the Pirates (although we always lose in Pitt) and the Nationals for the next 6 games? :D

You were lucky you got Maholm on an off night...he had been lights out at home. Of course the rest of the team didn't help him out much either (thanks Freddy :tsk:). I expect a better effort the rest of the series from them.

Hogan11
05-23-2008, 08:42 AM
That was a decent series for you, especially given the Brewers history @ PNC. I knew my Boys didn't have much of a shot against Sheets but I'm happy Gorz seems to have got back on track (hopefully)....Hell, I'm just happy my Boys can hang with teams that outspend them.

We'll meet again I'm sure :salute:

sneakers
05-27-2008, 02:50 AM
That was a decent series for you, especially given the Brewers history @ PNC. I knew my Boys didn't have much of a shot against Sheets but I'm happy Gorz seems to have got back on track (hopefully)....Hell, I'm just happy my Boys can hang with teams that outspend them.

We'll meet again I'm sure :salute:

What do we have like 13 more games against each other?

sneakers
05-27-2008, 02:51 AM
Hooray! We had a winning road trip. 4 wins and 3 losses.

sneakers
06-01-2008, 12:25 AM
Hooray!!! Back to .500!

Russel Branyon hit one in the 3rd deck in the outfield!! :eek:

lex
06-01-2008, 01:44 AM
Hooray! We had a winning road trip. 4 wins and 3 losses.

Good work. We need to clean up our road record. I think we're 3 games under .500 on the road.

MOtorboat
06-01-2008, 01:47 AM
Good work. We need to clean up our road record. I think we're 3 games under .500 on the road.

Aren't you a Cubs fan? :confused:

lex
06-01-2008, 01:55 AM
Aren't you a Cubs fan? :confused:

Indeed I am. We're about to play a number of games on the road. Thats what I was commenting on.

sneakers
06-01-2008, 04:26 AM

If you finish the season 3 games under .500, that would actually be very good, anything around a .500 away record will get you into the playoffs.

sneakers
06-02-2008, 05:47 AM
Hooray! We actually got a sweep....it seems that everytime we have won the first 2 games of the series, we ALWAYS lose the third.

I am happy for Dave Bush, he is starting to pitch like the Dave Bush of old.

sneakers
06-03-2008, 01:28 AM
I'm skeptical whether we will ever see Prince Fielder ever steal 3rd base again in his career. He did that tonight, and went 3-4, and is finally starting to get hot.

Finally playing good baseball.

sneakers
06-05-2008, 12:29 AM
Another sweep :eek:

I hope we don't have another day off again soon, because days off seem to kill winning streaks.

Ben Sheets is going tomorrow!!!

sneakers
06-16-2008, 03:43 AM
Finally we got a win for Seth McClung even though he has pitched really well for the last month.

sneakers
06-19-2008, 02:06 AM
The last time I said that we were on a winning streak, we lost 3 games in a row....so I will not say anything this time.

Ben Sheets :D

sneakers
06-24-2008, 04:02 AM
Ben Sheets!!!

He is good! Did he have to wait until the last year of his contract to have his best season? :confused:

studbucket
06-24-2008, 12:26 PM
Ben Sheets!!!

He is good! Did he have to wait until the last year of his contract to have his best season? :confused:

Well every other season, 1 of 2 things happened:

1) He got hurt.
2) He pitched great, and the he got 1.4 runs/game in support. Nobody's gonna win more than 10-12 games with that kind of supporting cast.

Go Brewers!

sneakers
07-01-2008, 12:30 AM
Well good news is we have the 3rd best record in the NL, bad news is that we are 3rd place in our division....I think we have the best record in baseball since May 20 (or at least we did a few days ago)...hopefully we can keep it giong slow but steady.

sneakers
07-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

sources: Indians Agree To Deal Sabathia To Brewers For Minor Leaguers
It Looks Like The Next Time C.c. Sabathia Takes The Mound He'll Be Donning A Milwaukee Brewers Jersey.

The Brewers And The Cleveland Indians Agreed In Principle To A Deal For The Reigning Al Cy Young On Sunday, Sources Told Espn The Magazine's Buster Olney. The Deal Is Contingent On Paperwork Being Finished And The Exchange Of Medical Records.

The Trade Was First Reported By The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

In A Text Message To Espn.com's Amy K. Nelson, Sabathia All But Confirmed The Deal.

"i'm Good, Excited," Sabathia Wrote. "it's Weird Leaving These Guys."

Cleveland Would Get Minor League Outfielder Matt Laporta, Who Is Hitting .288 With 20 Homers And 66 Rbis In 84 Games For Double-a Huntsville, And Others. The Other Players Do Not Include Top Prospects Alcides Escobar Or Mat Gamel, According To The Journal Sentinel.

Trading Up

If C.c. Sabathia Had Pitched For The Brewers His Entire Career, He Would Be Considered One Of The Best, If Not The Best, In Team History. Here's Why:

• Sabathia Has Two 17-win, 150-strikeout Seasons To His Name. The Brewers Have Just Three As A Franchise In Teddy Higuera ('86, '87) And Chris Capuano ('05).
• His 106 Career Victories Would Be The Second Most In Milwaukee History.
• Sabathia Has 237 Career Starts, Which Would Rank Second In Brewers History.
• His 1,265 Career Strikeouts Would Be A Milwaukee Record.

The Brewers Wanted Sabathia, Who Rejected A $72 Million, Four-year Extension From The Indians During Spring Training, On Their Pitching Staff In Time To Get Him Two Starts Before The All-star Break, According To Multiple Media Reports. Sabathia, Who Is 6-8 With A 3.83 Era This Season, Could Debut In Milwaukee Against The Colorado Rockies On Tuesday.

Brewers General Manager Doug Melvin Told The Journal Sentinel On Saturday That A Proposal Was On Table And He Awaiting Word From Indians Gm Mark Shapiro.

"mark Said He'd Be In Touch With Me," Said Melvin. "i'm Sure They've Got To Think Through Everything."

Laporta Was Scratched From Huntsville's Lineup Sunday, Another Indication The Deal Was Close.

Milwaukee, Which Hasn't Made The Playoffs Since 1982, Is Second In National League Standings Behind The Chicago Cubs.

The Brewers Have Been Considered The Front-runner In The Sabathia Sweepstakes. The Los Angeles Dodgers, Philadelphia Phillies And Tampa Bay Rays Were Among Other Teams Vying For His Services.

SmilinAssasSin27
07-06-2008, 09:16 PM
Nice pickup.

MOtorboat
07-06-2008, 10:41 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

:confused:

Aren't you a Brewers fan?

sneakers
07-07-2008, 12:03 AM

Aren't you a Brewers fan?

Yes, but I hate the trade.

sneakers
07-09-2008, 03:07 AM
Well, that big fat tub of a pitching slug got us a win tonight....by his incredible luck. But still, it is nice to win.

studbucket
07-09-2008, 04:07 AM
Well, that big fat tub of a pitching slug got us a win tonight....by his incredible luck. But still, it is nice to win.

I disagree, he has had a good ERA and should be a nice pickup for the Brewers. As a fan, I like this, it's the first instant impact trade the Brewers have made in years. Besides, you can't complain about fat pitchers after all the chances we gave Ruben Quevedo, now that guy was worthless.

MOtorboat
07-09-2008, 06:49 AM

That "big fat tub" has 107 wins in 7 1/2 years and has 1,270 strikeouts at the age of 27...oh, and he won the Cy Young in the better league.

lex
07-09-2008, 11:31 AM
I actually think its kind of cool to see Milwaukee going for it. Its nice to see this kind of buzz emanating from the NL Central. This is the kind of stuff you see more often in the AL East. I dont mind the Brewers so much. I kind of hope the Cardinals fade though.

sneakers
07-11-2008, 11:02 AM
I actually think its kind of cool to see Milwaukee going for it. Its nice to see this kind of buzz emanating from the NL Central. This is the kind of stuff you see more often in the AL East. I dont mind the Brewers so much. I kind of hope the Cardinals fade though.

I hope the Cards fade as well, it would be really neat to see the Cubs-Brewers come down to the wire, especially since they play the last 3 games of the season against each other. :D

sneakers
07-11-2008, 11:04 AM
I went to yesterdays game against the Rockies. 43,000+ yesterday on a flipping Thursday afternoon! It was unbelievable, normally there are only 20,000 people there on afternoon games during the weekdays.

Hooray for Corey Hart!!

SmilinAssasSin27
07-11-2008, 04:10 PM
You should see the Pirate games. They get at least 450 on weekdays.

lex
07-12-2008, 08:53 AM
I hope the Cards fade as well, it would be really neat to see the Cubs-Brewers come down to the wire, especially since they play the last 3 games of the season against each other. :D

Actually, it would be nicer if the Cubs would run away with it, in which case I would be ok with Milwaukee making the wild card. Im kind of hoping the Brewers would have to play the Mets/Phillies and that the Cubs could play the Rockies or Dodgers.

SmilinAssasSin27
07-12-2008, 08:56 AM
Rockies?

lex
07-12-2008, 09:10 AM
Rockies?
Indeed. The way the West is going, I wouldnt rule out the Rockies.

SmilinAssasSin27
07-12-2008, 09:22 AM
Until Holliday and Fuentes are gone anyway.

sneakers
07-19-2008, 03:44 AM
Mr Slug :slug: won again today for us.....he is 3-0 so far, keep winning!

MOtorboat
07-19-2008, 09:15 AM
Mr Slug :slug: won again today for us.....he is 3-0 so far, keep winning!

You know, he did win a Cy Young in the tougher league last year...:coffee:

SmilinAssasSin27
07-19-2008, 09:39 AM
Dude is the triple truth and could very well help the Brewers to the show. He has been a badass for years. Clevelanders were pissed to see him go. I just hope he's not a Yankee in 2009.

sneakers
07-20-2008, 05:19 AM
You know, he did win a Cy Young in the tougher league last year...:coffee:

I still have a right to call him a slug :proud:

Besides that was last year that he won it!! ;)

Only 3 games back!!!!! I wish those stupid cardinals would start losing!

sneakers
07-22-2008, 04:55 AM
I feel much better about this series now that we won the first game...

We go Suppan tomorrow, CC Slugbathia and Sheets the next two days.

sneakers
07-24-2008, 05:04 AM
Nice game pitching for Slugbathia....too bad the Cubs won otherwise we would be tied for first place right now.

sneakers
07-29-2008, 11:51 PM
hopefully the cubs have scored all their runs........we at least got Parra going tomorrow! :beer:

sneakers
07-31-2008, 01:42 AM
Still feel pretty good for the final two months....while I may not have full confidence that we win the division, I have full confidence that the Cubs will do something (the whole curse) to give us a chance.

Still got Dave Bush tomorrow...he has pitched pretty well of late.

BigDaddyBronco
08-04-2008, 09:20 PM
Nice fight between Parra and Fielder. Way to galvanize the team down the stretch.

Sneakers, who is fatter Fielder or Sabathia? :D

sneakers
08-04-2008, 11:48 PM
Nice fight between Parra and Fielder. Way to galvanize the team down the stretch.

Sneakers, who is fatter Fielder or Sabathia? :D

Sabathia is way fatter! "Fights" like that happen all the time in baseball, you see them happen a few times a season....a week later, you forget they even happened because ESPN will move onto the next bit of "news".

BigDaddyBronco
08-05-2008, 08:41 AM
Sabathia is way fatter! "Fights" like that happen all the time in baseball, you see them happen a few times a season....a week later, you forget they even happened because ESPN will move onto the next bit of "news".
I know, just thought I would give you some shit.

Go Cubbies! :D

sneakers
08-07-2008, 12:26 AM
I know, just thought I would give you some shit.

Go Cubbies! :D

See. Two days later and two straight victories later it is a non issue.

Hooray for playing 11 games against last place teams!!! :beer:

sneakers
08-10-2008, 12:51 AM
Hooray Ben Sheets! Only 4 games back now.

sneakers
08-13-2008, 01:32 AM
I love playing 11 games in a row against last place teams!

:cool:

I think we have CC slugbathia going tomorrow.

sneakers
08-20-2008, 11:37 PM
34 games left, and 2.5 up in the wild card!

sneakers
08-25-2008, 12:25 AM
Hooray JJ Hardy!

Too bad CC Slugbathia couldn't get his 9th win.

sneakers
08-25-2008, 12:32 AM
I forgot to mention that Miller Park has sold out 21 straight games...ever since we signed sluggy. And on pace to draw over 3 million this year....by far a Brewer record.

lex
08-30-2008, 09:36 AM
I forgot to mention that Miller Park has sold out 21 straight games...ever since we signed sluggy. And on pace to draw over 3 million this year....by far a Brewer record.

You still needed help selling out the Cubs series. That place was half Cubs fans during that series.

j/k

sneakers
08-31-2008, 06:56 PM
Sluggy pitched a 1-hitter today!!!!!!!!

And that one hit is under appeal...so we will find out monday if he has a no-hitter.

So right now we are only 4.5 games back of the cubs (we play them 6 more times) and 5.5 up in the wildcard!

Medford Bronco
08-31-2008, 11:16 PM
Sluggy pitched a 1-hitter today!!!!!!!!

And that one hit is under appeal...so we will find out monday if he has a no-hitter.

So right now we are only 4.5 games back of the cubs (we play them 6 more times) and 5.5 up in the wildcard!

I hope that gets overturned sneakers. that was a horrid call

The official scorer needs to lay off the sauce before doing games.

btw I feel a Brew crew vs Cubs NLCS. I would like that. (my team is sucky and not getting there so why not these two teams. :salute: )

sneakers
09-01-2008, 03:32 AM
I hope that gets overturned sneakers. that was a horrid call

The official scorer needs to lay off the sauce before doing games.

btw I feel a Brew crew vs Cubs NLCS. I would like that. (my team is sucky and not getting there so why not these two teams. :salute: )

I think it probably will be overturned....but still it won't feel the same as a more traditional no-hitter. (I didn't get to watch the game since I was sleeping, so I can't say for sure).

sneakers
09-06-2008, 11:51 PM
Hooray for Ben Sheets.....It would be awesome if he and Slugbathia pitched like they have been for the rest of the Year.....it could get pretty exciting. :D

sneakers
09-14-2008, 08:02 PM
Gosh we stink.....it seems whenever there is a series that we need to have..we always blow it.

studbucket
09-15-2008, 02:46 PM
Ned Yost fired, Dale Sveum interim manager.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3589405

I always thought coaches were fired too quickly, but maybe this is what the Brewers need? I don't really know.

Medford Bronco
09-15-2008, 03:44 PM
Gosh we stink.....it seems whenever there is a series that we need to have..we always blow it.

its still not over yet.

good luck the rest of the way.

look at my Dodgers, they were dead and all of a sudden
they started to win. things can change my friend.

good luck :beer:

sneakers
09-15-2008, 11:25 PM
Poor Ned Yost....I liked him. I think the owner forced the GM to do it, so I am wondering if the Brewers GM will be gone after the season too....I am sure he will have no problem finding another job.

12 more games to go....let's try to win 7 of them so we can get to 90 wins and in the playoffs.

keithbishop
09-16-2008, 07:38 AM
Stunning news. Yost was screwed. I can't believe the timing of the move.

sneakers
09-17-2008, 12:29 AM
Fielder starting hitting...hopefully that will spark our bats for the rest of the season!

sneakers
09-23-2008, 01:32 AM
Need to continue our winning ways against the Pirates....I think we are 11-1 against them this year.

Medford Bronco
09-23-2008, 04:05 PM
Need to continue our winning ways against the Pirates....I think we are 11-1 against them this year.

good luck my friend, I am pulling for you as the Brewer fans deserve the playoffs just like the Rays fans do :beer:

Medford Bronco
09-23-2008, 10:35 PM
Still alive sneakers, good win tonight :salute:

sneakers
09-27-2008, 05:09 AM
I don't think I ever been so nervous watching a baseball game as I was yesterday.

Our season attendence will be over 3 million fans after todays game!! That is by far a franchise record!

studbucket
09-27-2008, 07:39 AM
We just need 1 game, right? If we win tonight, do we have at least a tiebreaker locked up?

sneakers
09-27-2008, 05:59 PM
We just need 1 game, right? If we win tonight, do we have at least a tiebreaker locked up?

eh, it looks like everything is going to come down to Sunday. :tsk:

Requiem / The Dagda
09-27-2008, 08:28 PM
Haha Sneakers!

Timmy!
09-27-2008, 11:08 PM
*choke*

Medford Bronco
09-28-2008, 03:52 PM
*choke*

You mean the METS they are the chokers, not the Brewers :salute:

studbucket
09-28-2008, 04:06 PM
Well at least the Brewers won!

Playoffs for the first time in my lifetime!

Timmy!
09-28-2008, 04:14 PM
Congrats Brewers. I honestly hope they go all the way.

keithbishop
09-28-2008, 05:01 PM
Congrats, Brew Crew!

sneakers
09-28-2008, 05:35 PM
HOOOORAY!!!

It hasn't quite sunk in yet.....but hopefully I will win the lottery for the playoff tickets. :D

:beer:

BigDaddyBronco
09-28-2008, 05:36 PM
Congrats Brewers. Welcome to the Chicago Cubs!

Go Cubbies!!!

Medford Bronco
09-28-2008, 09:06 PM
congrats sneakers :beer:

sneakers
09-28-2008, 11:44 PM
congrats sneakers :beer:

Thanks!!!!!!!

Here is a picture of the Brewers and fans watching the final inning of the Marlins-Mets game on the scoreboard:

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/photographer/28/28728_large.jpg

sneakers
10-01-2008, 03:50 AM
Today is officially "Milwaukee Brewers Day" in the state of Wisconsin!

http://www.channel3000.com/print/17593581/detail.html

Doyle Proclaims 'Milwaukee Brewer Day' in Wisconsin
Doyle Also Makes Wager With Pennsylvania's Governor

UPDATED: 6:31 pm CDT September 30, 2008

MADISON, Wis. -- Gov. Jim Doyle announced that Wednesday will be "Milwaukee Brewers Day" in honor of the Brewers first trip to the postseason since 1982.

The Brewers face the Phillies in a best-of-five Major League Baseball National League Division Series.

"The Brewers performance, determination and teamwork epitomize the true meaning of sportsmanship and athleticism," said Doyle. "Today honors their tremendous achievement, which has made the state of Wisconsin, and fans nationwide, extremely proud."

According to a news release, Doyle and Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell made a friendly wager on the match up between the Brewers and the Phillies. Doyle offered up an assortment of Miller products, Wisconsin-made Klement’s Sausages and Secret Stadium Sauce, in the event the Phillies win the five-game series. Rendell wagered a selection of Yuengling Brewery Products and world famous Philadelphia cheesesteaks.

"Although I usually enjoy real Wisconsin cheese on my sandwich, I look forward to celebrating the Brewers victory with a tasty Philadelphia cheesesteak," said Doyle. "From dramatic walk-off home runs to dominant pitching performances, this has been the most exciting Milwaukee Brewer season in a quarter century and I am looking forward to a memorable October in Wisconsin."

"Pennsylvania and Wisconsin have much in common, from the official state symbols that we share -- the white tailed deer and milk -- to our love of baseball," said Rendell. "However, I am confident that our Phillies will be triumphant and I look forward to enjoying my Wisconsin gift basket, if only to find out what Secret Stadium Sauce tastes like."

The Brewers finished the 2008 regular season with a 90-72 record, securing the National League wild card. Philadelphia finished 92-70, winning the National League East Division.

sneakers
10-04-2008, 01:28 AM
We have the Phillies right where we want them....we were in the same position in '82, and came back to win the series 3 games to 2.

studbucket
10-05-2008, 09:49 AM
First playoff win since I've been alive, wooo!

I'm really trying to enjoy anything, since it will probably be a long time before I can enjoy it again :)

Broncolingus
10-05-2008, 10:57 AM
Still alive, baby...go Brewers!!!

sneakers
02-15-2009, 07:31 AM
I think we just stole another starting pitcher from the Cardinals.

sneakers
02-23-2009, 07:34 AM
Looks like Eric Gagne is back this year, but only in a minor league deal.....I think he will make 1.5 million if he is called up before June or July, otherwise he can be released.

MOtorboat
02-23-2009, 08:30 AM
Do you have enough solid starting pitchers?

studbucket
02-23-2009, 09:15 AM

Probably up in the air. Gallardo is great if he's healthy, Parra started off decent last year before getting worn down. Suppan is alright, Bush is OK, and the fifth starter is probably up in the air. Maybe Villanueva? I truthfully haven't been following the MLB much this year, I'm tired of the league and mainly miss football.

sneakers
03-29-2009, 05:54 AM

Does every team have enough starting pitching

:whoknows:

But my opinion is no.

We signed Brandon Looper in the offseason...so that should plug some holes.

Gallardo is like a mini Ben Sheets...same pitches and everything....I don't like Suppan for the amount of money we are paying him. But we still have good 'ole dependable Dave Bush (who has grown a full beard now, it is kinda creepy in a sexual predator type of way) who is always good for 10-12 wins a year and will always give you good innings. Oh, I almost forgot about Manny Parra, who is young and inconsistant but can be real good.

We also have Carlos Villaneuva and "Big Red" Seth McClung has started games for us in the past.

Peerless
04-12-2009, 10:59 PM
Prince Fielder got ROBBED from a grand slam tonight...

Btw, nice to see ya sneakers.

sneakers
04-12-2009, 11:25 PM
Prince Fielder got ROBBED from a grand slam tonight...

Btw, nice to see ya sneakers.

Stupid Jeff Suppan makes $13 million dollars a year to get lit up every start....

Peerless
04-12-2009, 11:31 PM
Stupid Jeff Suppan makes $13 million dollars a year to get lit up every start....

Whaat? Don't you enjoy watching him walk batters for some ER??

LOL He's sooooooo extremely bad.

sneakers
04-12-2009, 11:33 PM
It was frustrating watching the telecast because ESPN was audibly fellating the Cubs the whole time.

sneakers
04-15-2009, 12:17 AM
Gosh, we stink!

sneakers
04-19-2009, 04:22 AM
Finally a starting pitching performance to get excited about....too bad we lost 1-0.

sneakers
04-20-2009, 02:42 AM
Suppan had his first good outing since last August :shocked:

Hopefully we can salvage this road trip yet.

sneakers
04-23-2009, 11:36 PM
I think Dave Bush is easily my favorite Brewer.

edit: although I wish he would shave that ratty beard.

Peerless
04-24-2009, 09:40 PM
How about Yovanni Gallardo? Dayum...

And yes, Bushy gave an A+ effort too!

sneakers
04-30-2009, 04:02 AM
How about Yovanni Gallardo? Dayum...

And yes, Bushy gave an A+ effort too!

Our pitching staff may not be as bad as we expected....If Dave Bush can get through the first inning, he is usually money...he gets in trouble when he puts up crooked numbers in the first inning.

I love playing the Pirates!!

sneakers
05-05-2009, 11:36 PM
Poor Pirates.....17 in a row!

sneakers
05-07-2009, 04:52 AM
Finally Manny Parra got a win....but it is pretty easy when you are spotted 9 runs by the second inning.

sneakers
05-09-2009, 01:24 AM
Dave. Bush.

sneakers
05-14-2009, 11:39 PM
hooray Brewers!

9 out of the last 11.

Peerless
05-15-2009, 10:19 AM
I'm nervous about this Cardinal series....

sneakers
05-18-2009, 12:23 AM
I'm nervous about this Cardinal series....

The rain helped us out on Friday! I wish we could have Suppan pitch every game against the Cardinals....what is he? 5-1 now as a brewer against the cardinals.

How bout manny parra getting 3 wins in a row!

sneakers
05-22-2009, 12:08 AM
How the heck did we come back? It's crazy, I gave up on the game

sneakers
05-24-2009, 02:08 AM
I HATE playing the twins, every single year despite how good we are or how bad they are, they always kick our butts!

sneakers
06-07-2009, 12:10 AM
What was up with Jeff Suppan tonight? He actually pitched like he was being paid $13 million this season.

sneakers
06-09-2009, 01:41 AM
I think the Brewers get 6 picks in the first 3 rounds in the upcoming draft.

sneakers
06-14-2009, 05:19 AM
Stinkin' Manny Parra got sent down to AAA....but if you remember last year, Dave Bush struggled early, spent a month or two in the Minors, and came back, had an excellent second half and is one of our best pitchers.

sneakers
06-20-2009, 05:34 AM
Why couldn't have kept raining!??!?!!

sneakers
06-29-2009, 05:03 AM
Aparently we are 0-4 this season against pitchers making their MLB debuts

sneakers
07-07-2009, 03:40 AM
Stinkin' Ryan Braun should just be quiet....otherwise the pitchers will start critsizing him when he goes into a slump....

but don't fret, all will be well once Dave Bush returns from his tired arm.

sneakers
08-02-2009, 03:09 AM
So last year we traded for a #1 pitcher before the all-star break....this year, what do we trade for? A #5 starter in Claudio Vargas. Yay!

CoachChaz
08-03-2009, 06:55 AM
So last year we traded for a #1 pitcher before the all-star break....this year, what do we trade for? A #5 starter in Claudio Vargas. Yay!

There isnt much in your farm system to entice a team to give up a Halladay, Peavy or a Lee. You guys needed bullpen help. Still couldnt come up with pieces to entice anyone

sneakers
08-03-2009, 04:53 PM
There isnt much in your farm system to entice a team to give up a Halladay, Peavy or a Lee. You guys needed bullpen help. Still couldnt come up with pieces to entice anyone

We have plenty of position players in the farm (Alcedes Escobar will probably play shortstop next year in MIL, and JJ Hardy will move to 3rd base), but no AA or AAA level starting pitching....

sneakers
08-13-2009, 02:52 AM
So cutting Bill Hall, that I can understand...
Bringing up Alcedes Escobar, I can understand that too....

But sending JJ Hardy down the the minors!>!>?!?!?!

WTF!?!?!?!

edit: The problem isn't our offense...it is that we have the worst starting pitching ERA in the National League! (And yet we are only 2 games below .500)

sneakers
03-07-2010, 01:33 AM
Chris Capuano lives!!!

Braun, Escobar homer in six-run fifth for Brewers
(AP) – 6 hours ago

PHOENIX — Ryan Braun and Alcides Escobar each homered during a six-run fifth inning and the Milwaukee Brewers beat the San Francisco Giants 12-1 in a game between split squads Saturday.

Randy Wolf threw two innings of one-hit baseball for the Brewers, who won for the first time in three games this spring.

Chris Capuano, who has not appeared in a major league game since 2007 due to two Tommy John elbow ligament replacement surgeries, struck out the first two batters he faced and finished with two scoreless innings.

Byung-Hyun Kim gave up Braun's towering shot to left to make it 6-1.

Giants starter Kevin Pucetas allowed one hit in three innings with a strikeout. Center fielder Andres Torres doubled and tripled in three at-bats for San Francisco.

sneakers
04-07-2010, 01:26 AM
*******!

http://sports.espn.go.com/newyork/mlb/news/story?id=5060292

Levine calls out Brewers owner

BOSTON -- New York Yankees president Randy Levine fired an executive-level brushback pitch at Milwaukee Brewers owner Mark Attanasio.

Levine's message: Stop whining.

Levine believes Attanasio should stop publicly lamenting the Brewers' troubles in signing first baseman Prince Fielder while pointing out how much the Yankees spend on salaries.

"I'm sorry that my friend Mark continues to whine about his running the Brewers," Levine told ESPNNewYork.com in a phone interview Tuesday morning. "We play by all the rules and there doesn't seem to be any complaints when teams such as the Brewers receive hundreds of millions of dollars that they get from us in revenue sharing the last few years. Take some of that money that you get from us and use that to sign your players.

"The question that should be asked is: Where has the hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue sharing gone?"

The Yankees' payroll is expected to be about $200 million this year; the Brewers' will be in the $80 million range.

Levine made his comments in reaction to an Attanasio quote in a USA Today story about the average salaries of this year's players. Attanasio -- as he has done before -- made sure to mention the discrepancy in how much the Yankees spend on players in comparison to other teams.

"We're struggling to sign [Fielder] and the Yankees infield is making more than our team," Attanasio told the paper.

The Yankees infield will make $85.225 million this year. Third baseman Alex Rodriguez will make $33 million, which is slightly less than the Pirates' entire payroll of nearly $35 million.

Derek Jeter, who is a free agent at the end of the season, will take in $22.6 million. Mark Teixeira is scheduled to earn $20.625 million.

Robinson Cano, meanwhile, must survive on a measly $9 million.

Fielder, who is represented by Scott Boras, is a free agent at the end of the 2011 season. Boras' clients usually wait until free agency before signing, but the two sides are reportedly in negotiations.

In the initial seven years of the luxury tax, the Yankees have paid teams nearly $175 million in revenue sharing, according to the BizofBaseball.com. That is 92 percent of the total revenue sharing that has been doled out.

sneakers
04-13-2010, 08:12 AM
Stupid Doug Davis, there was a reason we got rid of him his first goaround in milwaukee.

broncophan
04-22-2010, 04:17 PM
Jesus.............20-0 the brewers spanked the pirates, to complete their 3 game sweep....:(

sneakers
04-23-2010, 05:30 AM
Jesus.............20-0 the brewers spanked the pirates, to complete their 3 game sweep....:(

I certainly do like it when we play the Pirates.

broncophan
04-23-2010, 02:57 PM
I certainly do like it when we play the Pirates.

lol........I bet you do.....just like fans of many other teams...

sneakers
04-28-2010, 05:12 AM
Trever Hoffman has got to go, he stinks this year...

Denver Native (Carol)
04-28-2010, 12:12 PM
Trever Hoffman has got to go, he stinks this year...

You could see it coming before this year. Don't remember if it was last year's all star game, or the year before that, but he is the one who blew the lead/win for the national league when he was still with SD.

sneakers
05-09-2010, 11:37 PM
You could see it coming before this year. Don't remember if it was last year's all star game, or the year before that, but he is the one who blew the lead/win for the national league when he was still with SD.

Since I posted this, he hasn't blown a save!

So yeah, he has to go! :lol:

sneakers
05-09-2010, 11:38 PM
Yay! 6 of 10 in West Coast road trip....haven't had one as good as that in a long time.

sneakers
06-01-2010, 02:10 AM
It will be a miracle if we finish at .500 this year.

sneakers
04-11-2011, 05:08 AM
5 of 6 after starting 0-4, we may not suck that bad this season after all.

sneakers
04-22-2011, 01:42 AM
Yay! We signed Ryan Braun through 2020! Richest Brewer in history! lol

sneakers
05-30-2011, 04:45 PM
After an 8-1 homestand we gotta prove we can win on the road.

sneakers
06-12-2011, 05:20 AM
Wooo! only a half game back!

sneakers
08-09-2011, 05:24 AM
Let's beat the Cardinals and their bush league manager tonight!

sneakers
08-20-2011, 06:06 PM
Friggin brewers!!!

Oh well, at least the rotten cardinals keep loosing :laugh:

sneakers
09-04-2011, 09:50 PM
13 is the number

sneakers
09-05-2011, 05:47 PM
Woooooo!

sneakers
09-12-2011, 12:52 AM