PDA

View Full Version : The Broncos get a potential boost

TXBRONC
12-18-2009, 12:05 AM
If you all are not aware of this yet, the Colts just defeated the Jaguars 35-31. So with that loss Jacksonville is now 7-7 on the year. That will help the Broncos playoff aspirations as long as they take care of their business.

Brand
12-18-2009, 01:03 AM
Miami, Jets and Ravens to consider......

topscribe
12-18-2009, 01:14 AM

No, Oakland to consider.

Then Philly.

Then Kansas City.

If the Broncos consider and beat them, they don't have to consider anybody else . . .

-----

Shazam!
12-18-2009, 01:47 AM
Jax going down is all good, but going out and kicking the sliver and black shit out of the filthy Raiders and getting the 9th is all that matters.

Italianmobstr7
12-18-2009, 01:52 AM

If 2 of those 3 teams lose it means were guaranteed a spot in the playoffs as long as we beat Oak and KC.

BroncoWave
12-18-2009, 02:20 AM
No, Oakland to consider.

Then Philly.

Then Kansas City.

If the Broncos consider and beat them, they don't have to consider anybody else . . .

-----

For the Broncos, yes. For us as fans, no problem with cheering against the teams chasing us to make the Broncos job easier. Makes all the other games more exciting. I was cheering on the Colts like they were the Broncos tonight and it was a very fun game to watch.

BroncoBJ
12-18-2009, 02:51 AM
Its funny how things play out.

Earlier in the year I rooted for the Fins to beat the Colts, the Jags to beat em, Houston to beat them the first time...

and stuff... Then I started rooting for Indy. Because if they had lost those games, it'd be even tougher for us in the playoff picture.

But thats cause back then, I was hoping for a division title and a top seed.

But after we started losing, I was rooting for the Colts to just knock off our wildcard opponents. :lol:

silkamilkamonico
12-18-2009, 03:19 AM
No, Oakland to consider.

Then Philly.

Then Kansas City.

-----

I like.....

....let's earn our way into being a playoff team at the end of the season, not have it handed to us because sombody else didn't want it.

BroncoBJ
12-18-2009, 03:52 AM
I like.....

....let's earn our way into being a playoff team at the end of the season, not have it handed to us because sombody else didn't want it.

Actually, if you have a better record then the other teams that missed out then don't you "earn your way" in to the playoffs?

Theres no such thing as backing in to the playoffs IMO. Of course you don't want to lose the games leading up to the playoffs, But if you win more then the other teams, you're getting in. :lol:

Nomad
12-18-2009, 07:29 AM
No, Oakland to consider.

Then Philly.

Then Kansas City.

-----

I like.....

BRONCOS just need to win especially with 2 home games, if they can't win at home then why should they go to the playoffs!! I still believe that Steelers and Chargers game hurt us terribly. BRONCOS had their chance last year to earn their way to the playoffs (*cough* as SD did and that team was a great example of earning their way to the playoffs) and we know the results, let's see how the BRONCOS do this year with a lot of differents parts to the machine!!

CoachChaz
12-18-2009, 08:24 AM
...and we'll be even better next year. No complaints about the 2009 Broncos

gobroncsnv
12-18-2009, 08:31 AM
...and we'll be even better next year. No complaints about the 2009 Broncos

Yeah, just even having a SHOT at the playoffs is more than I expected this year. Being 1 game behind the div leader, being #1 in the wildcard slot, way more than I was expecting.
Next year, another season's experience behind us, looking at a decently high draft pick, will only get better. Nevertheless, I'm going to enjoy our ride in the playoffs, however short.

BroncoWave
12-18-2009, 09:49 AM
I like.....

Who cares how we get in? After missing it 3 years in a row, I will take it anyway we can get it. If all our competitors want to lose and make it easier for us to get in, I will take it.

I hate the mindset that if we have to get in by other teams losing, we didn't "earn it". That's baloney. Unless you go 16-0 to 13-3 or so, you HAD to have other teams lose at SOME point in the season to get in. If those losses by those other teams happened to be at the end of the season, so be it.

BroncoWave
12-18-2009, 09:50 AM
Actually, if you have a better record then the other teams that missed out then don't you "earn your way" in to the playoffs?

Theres no such thing as backing in to the playoffs IMO. Of course you don't want to lose the games leading up to the playoffs, But if you win more then the other teams, you're getting in. :lol:

Thank, you! Saying a team "backed into the playoffs" it just ridiculous to me. If you have a better record than the teams you were competing with for a spot, you freaking earned it, regardless of how you arrived there.

pnbronco
12-18-2009, 10:04 AM
Yeah, just even having a SHOT at the playoffs is more than I expected this year. Being 1 game behind the div leader, being #1 in the wildcard slot, way more than I was expecting.
Next year, another season's experience behind us, looking at a decently high draft pick, will only get better. Nevertheless, I'm going to enjoy our ride in the playoffs, however short.

I so agree Coach and GBSNV. This team has done so much more that I could of dreamed of. If someone had told me where we would be the # 1 wildcard at this time of year I would have told them to stop drinking or share more...:laugh:

broncophan
12-18-2009, 10:44 AM
Yea....pretty amazing 13 games into the season and we are talking playoffs around here...

GO BRONCOS.....

Brand
12-18-2009, 11:01 AM
Yea....pretty amazing 13 games into the season and we are talking playoffs around here...

GO BRONCOS.....

We did that last year, but this year the team has a real chance to do it.....

NightTrainLayne
12-18-2009, 11:15 AM

Just over a year ago Dewayne Bowe dropped that on-sides kick from the Chargers, and then the Panthers rolled up our defense like a cheap rug. I pretty well knew we were in trouble then, but still couldn't process the idea that Buffalo could beat us at home.

Of course they did, and ended my playoff hopes.

Two home losses to terrible teams last year in the last 6 games of the season (Oakland & Buffalo) sealed Shanny's fate.

So far this team under McD has taken care of business against inferior opponents, and done fairly well at home. We've got two home games left against decidedly inferior opponents. In the NFL you have to take advantage of each and every one of those opportunities.

If we could have beat Oakland or Buffalo at home last year we likely would still have Shanny as a coach.

SOCALORADO.
12-18-2009, 11:26 AM
I would really like to see DEN beat up on the fade, and then go beat down PHIL myself. Come home for a huge momentum building roll over the hapless mulletts, that leads right into Foxborough and a HUGE playoff game!
No more losses....

CoachChaz
12-18-2009, 11:46 AM
If we play NE in the playoffs, we need to do 2 things. Blitz the hell out of Brady and let Orton have a field day.

T.K.O.
12-18-2009, 02:35 PM
i kinda think the pats are gonna fall apart and miami gets the division.
also could somebody check my orange colored mathematics ?
if we win out and finish 11-5 and the bolts lose to cincy and tenn.
the way i see it both the broncos and chargers would be 5-1 in the div. but we would be 8-4 in the conf and they would be 7-5....is that the first tiebreaker ? if so the div. is not out of the question even though we're 2 games back.
i know its all wishfull thinking at this point but hey.....we blew a 3 game lead with 3 to go maybe the bolts will return the favor !:D:defense::salute:

T.K.O.
12-18-2009, 02:38 PM
I would really like to see DEN beat up on the fade, and then go beat down PHIL myself. Come home for a huge momentum building roll over the hapless mulletts, that leads right into Foxborough and a HUGE playoff game!
No more losses....

sounds good...shoot an email over to mcD and make sure he is up to date on your plan !
:salute::beer:

broncophan
12-18-2009, 07:07 PM

yea.....but I would say this season is just a little more surprising that we are talking playoffs.....................:confused:

TXBRONC
12-18-2009, 07:32 PM

I have to agree with Top here. Denver has to take care of their own business. However, that doesn't mean that I wont be rooting for those three teams to stumble so that Denver has clear path to the playoffs.

pnbronco
12-18-2009, 08:19 PM
I have to agree with Top here. Denver has to take care of their own business. However, that doesn't mean that I wont be rooting for those three teams to stumble so that Denver has clear path to the playoffs.

You and me both TX. Go Broncos...take care of business with the Raiders.

I was listening to the radio, the fan, on the way home and the guys are saying the right things. They understand that Sunday is not a gimmie, that they don't want to let the Raider think they have a chance.

BroncoBJ
12-18-2009, 09:51 PM
Check out my nice little scenerio where we can still make the playoffs even if we lose the last 3:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=custom&14=44114155&15=51000441&16=45155541

:elefant:

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-18-2009, 10:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM

silkamilkamonico
12-19-2009, 01:49 AM

Starting out something like 6-1, and then 7-4, and then trying to hang on while losing games at the end of the season, and hoping some of these other teams that are winning at the end somehow lose so you get in is very much backing into the playoffs.

It's all something that was trademarked by Shanahan during the last 10 years of his tenure, with the exception of the 1 season.

BroncoWave
12-19-2009, 01:58 AM
Starting out something like 6-1, and then 7-4, and then trying to hang on while losing games at the end of the season, and hoping some of these other teams that are winning at the end somehow lose so you get in is very much backing into the playoffs.

It's all something that was trademarked by Shanahan during the last 10 years of his tenure, with the exception of the 1 season.

Would you rather back into the playoffs or miss the playoffs? I'd rather back in every time. You're just as much in the playoffs as the other 11 teams. I think the term "backing into the playoffs" is the most overused thing in sports.

silkamilkamonico
12-19-2009, 02:01 AM
Would you rather back into the playoffs or miss the playoffs? I'd rather back in every time. You're just as much in the playoffs as the other 11 teams. I think the term "backing into the playoffs" is the most overused thing in sports.

I'd rather back in then miss the playoffs, but we're not in a situation of missing the playoffs.

At this point we better make the playoffs, or it will be an epic collapse, much in the same way last year was, when we tried backing our way in, only to trip up and hit our head on the SD freight train known as the super Chargers.

rcsodak
12-19-2009, 02:23 PM
Thank, you! Saying a team "backed into the playoffs" it just ridiculous to me. If you have a better record than the teams you were competing with for a spot, you freaking earned it, regardless of how you arrived there.

No. Losing the last 3 games, WHILE the other teams are ALSO losing their last few games, is NOT "winning your spot".

Just because a team has 1 more conference win than the rest, or was a game up on the competition, losing out IS "backing into the playoffs"; no matter HOW pretty you paint your picture.

rcsodak
12-19-2009, 02:26 PM
Just over a year ago Dewayne Bowe dropped that on-sides kick from the Chargers, and then the Panthers rolled up our defense like a cheap rug. I pretty well knew we were in trouble then, but still couldn't process the idea that Buffalo could beat us at home.

Of course they did, and ended my playoff hopes.

Two home losses to terrible teams last year in the last 6 games of the season (Oakland & Buffalo) sealed Shanny's fate.

So far this team under McD has taken care of business against inferior opponents, and done fairly well at home. We've got two home games left against decidedly inferior opponents. In the NFL you have to take advantage of each and every one of those opportunities.

If we could have beat Oakland or Buffalo at home last year we likely would still have Shanny as a coach.

That's conjecture on your part, NTL.

I could also see Bowlen just getting fed up with the constant toe-stubbing, and no real improvement.

Who's to say he hadn't made up his mind at the beginning of last season, and that Shanny was 'dead man walking', unless he attained certain parameters?

rcsodak
12-19-2009, 02:35 PM

Not that it matter what fans "want", but I'm sure the players would much rather have another game to play. If for nothing else, but the added check.

But if the team is NOT going in on a winning note. If the team is NOT going to win. If the team IS going to get blasted/embarrassed, I'd rather the team get a better draft slot in April.

Granted, most coaches will tell you "anything can happen" once they get into the playoffs...but for the realists...... :rolleyes:

I don't really get much gratification out of saying "at least denver MADE the playoffs", if they go 1-n-done. All that means is another team with the same record, but NOT in the playoffs, gets to pick earlier. And frankly, that can mean more for the FUTURE of the team than playing a week longer.

BroncoWave
12-19-2009, 02:59 PM
Not that it matter what fans "want", but I'm sure the players would much rather have another game to play. If for nothing else, but the added check.

But if the team is NOT going in on a winning note. If the team is NOT going to win. If the team IS going to get blasted/embarrassed, I'd rather the team get a better draft slot in April.

Granted, most coaches will tell you "anything can happen" once they get into the playoffs...but for the realists...... :rolleyes:

I don't really get much gratification out of saying "at least denver MADE the playoffs", if they go 1-n-done. All that means is another team with the same record, but NOT in the playoffs, gets to pick earlier. And frankly, that can mean more for the FUTURE of the team than playing a week longer.

The Cardinals "backed" into the playoffs last season, losing 4 of their last 6, 3 of them in blowouts. They went on to go a crazy Santonio Holmes catch away from winning the Super Bowl.

The whole "backing" into the playoffs idea is crap. Once you're in, anything can happen. It's just an excuse people use to justify early playoff losses when they happen.

Lonestar
12-19-2009, 03:09 PM
That's conjecture on your part, NTL.

I could also see Bowlen just getting fed up with the constant toe-stubbing, and no real improvement.

Who's to say he hadn't made up his mind at the beginning of last season, and that Shanny was 'dead man walking', unless he attained certain parameters?

could be the reason Mike promised to get into the playoffs he might have been told playoffs or bust..

but until Pat writes a tell all books we will never know..

silkamilkamonico
12-19-2009, 03:51 PM
The Cardinals "backed" into the playoffs last season, losing 4 of their last 6, 3 of them in blowouts. They went on to go a crazy Santonio Holmes catch away from winning the Super Bowl.

The whole "backing" into the playoffs idea is crap. Once you're in, anything can happen. It's just an excuse people use to justify early playoff losses when they happen.

What happened in 2 of Shanny's playoff appearances, both instances where the team "backed" it's way in the playoffs because they played like ----? Indianapolis is still scoring oon that defense.

If a team is "happy" just to be in the playoffs when they lose something like 5 of their last 7 games, it's a franchise that has significantly low expectations.

"Hey! At least we made the playoffs!"

rcsodak
12-19-2009, 04:02 PM

LMAO! Funny how you used the "anything...happen"....

To get to the playoffs, they ran the table in their division. Not saying much. Then, the only beat three other teams:Mia/Dal/Buf. OUCH!
They got slammed by the good teams they played.
That tells me, that they were LUCKY! Lucky they play in the NFCW. Lucky they didn't have to play Nyg/Min. For the 1st time in the NFC, NONE of the Top 3 seeds made it to the Championship! That's kinda helpful.

They beat an ATL (by 6) team with a rookie QB, from a division where the last place team has historically won it the next year. Hardly convincing.

Then they beat another team from the same division, CAR, who decided to become a passing team, when they weren't. And were led by a QB whose best years are behind him (if he ever had them). Poor coaching?

Frankly, Fitz got wild, and their defense became a dominant, turnover-making machine. Plus it doesn't hurt to have a future HoF QB.

What part of the above, do you see in Denver?

BroncoWave
12-19-2009, 04:12 PM
LMAO! Funny how you used the "anything...happen"....

To get to the playoffs, they ran the table in their division. Not saying much. Then, the only beat three other teams:Mia/Dal/Buf. OUCH!
They got slammed by the good teams they played.
That tells me, that they were LUCKY! Lucky they play in the NFCW. Lucky they didn't have to play Nyg/Min. For the 1st time in the NFC, NONE of the Top 3 seeds made it to the Championship! That's kinda helpful.

They beat an ATL (by 6) team with a rookie QB, from a division where the last place team has historically won it the next year. Hardly convincing.

Then they beat another team from the same division, CAR, who decided to become a passing team, when they weren't. And were led by a QB whose best years are behind him (if he ever had them). Poor coaching?

Frankly, Fitz got wild, and their defense became a dominant, turnover-making machine. Plus it doesn't hurt to have a future HoF QB.

What part of the above, do you see in Denver?

Look, I'm not saying we're going to make the Super Bowl this year, I'm simply saying that using the "backed into the playoffs" rationale as an excuse for losing early is just that...an excuse.

I don't care if we win out and make the playoffs or lose out an make the playoffs or anything in between. Either way, we're going to have to bring our A game in the playoffs or we won't advance. "Backing in" has nothing to do with it.

BroncoWave
12-19-2009, 04:15 PM
What happened in 2 of Shanny's playoff appearances, both instances where the team "backed" it's way in the playoffs because they played like ----? Indianapolis is still scoring oon that defense.

If a team is "happy" just to be in the playoffs when they lose something like 5 of their last 7 games, it's a franchise that has significantly low expectations.

"Hey! At least we made the playoffs!"

Where did I say we should be happy just making the playoffs? I simply said that "backing in" has nothing to do with losing in the first round. Every year you see teams that "backed in" win a playoff game or 2 and you see teams that didn't "back in" lose early.

I just think the term "backing into the playoffs" is a meaningless term that has no actual effect on the playoffs. That's the only point I'm making.

silkamilkamonico
12-19-2009, 04:26 PM
Where did I say we should be happy just making the playoffs? I simply said that "backing in" has nothing to do with losing in the first round. Every year you see teams that "backed in" win a playoff game or 2 and you see teams that didn't "back in" lose early.

I just think the term "backing into the playoffs" is a meaningless term that has no actual effect on the playoffs. That's the only point I'm making.

Backing in has something to do with a team that

1)overachieved earlier in the year, and isn't as good as advertised.
2)team on the verge of collapse, and probably doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs.

I wish to not be associated by either one.

There's a reason, why when you consider the last 10 years, Denver is a laughing stock among organizations that make the playoffs more often then not. Just ask any other NFl team's fanbase. Shanhan was notorious for starting fast, and fizzling.

You can be happy to just make the playoffs. I'll be happy with playing well at the end of the season, when it actually matters.

rcsodak
12-19-2009, 04:27 PM

The thing is, though, that when teams are said to have "backed in", it's usually at that time. NOT after they lost.

Ok. So you don't like that term.

But that doesn't change the fact that by simply having a better record than another team, they're not exactly 'going forward'.

Say Team A has to play 3 consecutive games against, say, Indy/NO/SD, and loses all three.
While Team B plays the likes of Oak/KC/Det, and loses. But they were already a game up.

Don't you think Team B is "backing into" the playoffs?

BroncoWave
12-19-2009, 04:30 PM
Backing in has something to do with a team that

1)overachieved earlier in the year, and isn't as good as advertised.
2)team on the verge of collapse, and probably doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs.

I wish to not be associated by either one.

There's a reason, why when you consider the last 10 years, Denver is a laughing stock among organizations that make the playoffs more often then not. Just ask any other NFl team's fanbase. Shanhan was notorious for starting fast, and fizzling.

You can be happy to just make the playoffs. I'll be happy with playing well at the end of the season, when it actually matters.

Did you read a word of the post you quoted? I don't think you did.

My ONLY point is that I think the term "backing in" is overused and I don't think it has the connection to playoff failure that some think.

That is ALL I'm trying to say. You are reading WAY too much into it by claiming that I would be happy just to make the playoffs.

And for the record, I think we will have no problem beating Oak and KC but if we do slip up in one of those two, we probably don't deserve to make the playoffs anyway.

BroncoWave
12-19-2009, 04:31 PM
The thing is, though, that when teams are said to have "backed in", it's usually at that time. NOT after they lost.

Ok. So you don't like that term.

But that doesn't change the fact that by simply having a better record than another team, they're not exactly 'going forward'.

Say Team A has to play 3 consecutive games against, say, Indy/NO/SD, and loses all three.
While Team B plays the likes of Oak/KC/Det, and loses. But they were already a game up.

Don't you think Team B is "backing into" the playoffs?

Sure, but if they turn it around and start winning in the playoffs, ala the Cardinals last year, then it doesn't matter one bit that they "backed in". That's ALL I'm trying to say.

silkamilkamonico
12-19-2009, 04:38 PM
Did you read a word of the post you quoted? I don't think you did.

My ONLY point is that I think the term "backing in" is overused and I don't think it has the connection to playoff failure that some think.

That is ALL I'm trying to say. You are reading WAY too much into it by claiming that I would be happy just to make the playoffs.

And for the record, I think we will have no problem beating Oak and KC but if we do slip up in one of those two, we probably don't deserve to make the playoffs anyway.

First you said it was "crap". That's a much heavier word than overused.

I understand everyone has their opinion, but this argument has turned into something along the lines of "who cares about winning our final games when we can just hope that Jacksonville, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Miami, and the Jets all lose."

Forget that. I want to play well and win going into the playoffs. I believe confidence plays a huge role in professional athletes success.

BroncoWave
12-19-2009, 04:58 PM
First you said it was "crap". That's a much heavier word than overused.

I understand everyone has their opinion, but this argument has turned into something along the lines of "who cares about winning our final games when we can just hope that Jacksonville, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Miami, and the Jets all lose."

Forget that. I want to play well and win going into the playoffs. I believe confidence plays a huge role in professional athletes success.

Not a single person on here has said that. We are saying that we'd rather make the playoffs by that scenario then miss them altogether. Obviously, though, I would MUCH rather us get in by winning the games we are supposed to and not worrying about anyone else.

rcsodak
12-19-2009, 05:08 PM
Not a single person on here has said that. We are saying that we'd rather make the playoffs by that scenario then miss them altogether. Obviously, though, I would MUCH rather us get in by winning the games we are supposed to and not worrying about anyone else.

Someone's backtracking. :coffee:

And this "WE"? I only see you that's arguing this catch-all phrase. ;)

rcsodak
12-19-2009, 05:10 PM
Sure, but if they turn it around and start winning in the playoffs, ala the Cardinals last year, then it doesn't matter one bit that they "backed in". That's ALL I'm trying to say.

So screw the facts from last year, huh?

Ok.

So since Indy/SD/NE are ALL going to lose before the AFCC, I see no reason why Denver can't get to the Super Bowl.

BroncoWave
12-19-2009, 05:15 PM
Someone's backtracking. :coffee:

And this "WE"? I only see you that's arguing this catch-all phrase. ;)

How am I backtracking? I said that the term "backing in" is nonsense and I'd rather back in than not make it at all. It's pretty simple.

I'd obviously rather win out than "back in" but that wasn't what I was arguing.

So screw the facts from last year, huh?

Ok.

So since Indy/SD/NE are ALL going to lose before the AFCC, I see no reason why Denver can't get to the Super Bowl.

So you're saying that if we won out, we'd be capable of beating those 3 teams but if we lost out, we would be incapable of beating them?

I don't buy that for a second. And for the record, I think we are very capable of beating any of those 3 teams, regardless of how we get in.

Just out of curiosity though, what are you going to say if we win out but get blown out in the first round? You obviously won't be able to use "backing in" as an excuse.

rcsodak
12-20-2009, 02:11 AM
How am I backtracking? I said that the term "backing in" is nonsense and I'd rather back in than not make it at all. It's pretty simple.

I'd obviously rather win out than "back in" but that wasn't what I was arguing.

So you're saying that if we won out, we'd be capable of beating those 3 teams but if we lost out, we would be incapable of beating them?

I don't buy that for a second. And for the record, I think we are very capable of beating any of those 3 teams, regardless of how we get in.

Just out of curiosity though, what are you going to say if we win out but get blown out in the first round? You obviously won't be able to use "backing in" as an excuse.

What the hell are you talking about? :confused:

I BELIEVE I've already made CLEAR, that I'd rather the team get an earlier draft pick, than be 1-n-done.

And if you'd actually read all of my posts, I've ALSO made it clear that your example of using ARI last year was of extraordinary conditions, with the top 3 seeds NOT making it to the NFCC. Making it EASIER for them to get to the SB.

Shazam!
12-20-2009, 02:20 AM
I'd rather the team get an earlier draft pick, than be 1-n-done.

Denver may not make it in but they desperately need a winning season. They need something to build on for the future with this new Broncos team and the regime.

As far as the Draft picks go, plenty of players pan out that are low round picks. Top-tiered choices don't necessarily always pan out.

Just stomp the Rayduhhs and get the ninth ****ing win today damnit.

Lonestar
12-20-2009, 02:23 AM
Denver may not make it in but they desperately need a winning season. They need something to build on for the future with this new Broncos team and the regime.

As far as the Draft picks go, plenty of players pan out that are low round picks. Top-tiered choices don't necessarily always pan out.

Just stomp the Rayduhhs and get the ninth ****ing win today damnit.

even if we would lose the rest of the games IMHO we would be winners as compared to last year..

we have seen a total rebuild while not being blown out each week like I was afraid of with this schedule..

we have been is every game Orton has started.. even with a broken/dislocated finger and ankle sprain.. amazing.. simply amazing..

Nomad
12-20-2009, 09:09 AM
even if we would lose the rest of the games IMHO we would be winners as compared to last year..

we have seen a total rebuild while not being blown out each week like I was afraid of with this schedule..

we have been is every game Orton has started.. even with a broken/dislocated finger and ankle sprain.. amazing.. simply amazing..

No, my friend, if we lose the rest of these games it would be a huge disappointment. It would be comparable to last year and at the beginning of the season up till the bye many of the "we're 6-0 crowd" was throwing in the stat that a 6-0 team NEVER has failed to reach the playoffs. I expect them to at least win their last two home games ,actually I believe all home games should be won anything else is a disappointment!

BroncoWave
12-20-2009, 10:51 AM
What the hell are you talking about? :confused:

I BELIEVE I've already made CLEAR, that I'd rather the team get an earlier draft pick, than be 1-n-done.

And if you'd actually read all of my posts, I've ALSO made it clear that your example of using ARI last year was of extraordinary conditions, with the top 3 seeds NOT making it to the NFCC. Making it EASIER for them to get to the SB.

You do realize that how we finish this year has no impact on our first round pick?

Lonestar
12-20-2009, 12:26 PM
No, my friend, if we lose the rest of these games it would be a huge disappointment. It would be comparable to last year and at the beginning of the season up till the bye many of the "we're 6-0 crowd" was throwing in the stat that a 6-0 team NEVER has failed to reach the playoffs. I expect them to at least win their last two home games ,actually I believe all home games should be won anything else is a disappointment!

you have a point there I'm a firm believer in winning ALL home games.. and never dropping a trap game on the road.

if that happens the worst that we can be is 8-8..

but I think now after seeing a remarkable change in attitude this year a 10-6 season.. and barring a meltdown in Philly a 11-5 one..

only a few orange cool aid drinkers thought we would have more than a 8-8 season this year.. with the brutal schedule this year and all of the changes 8-8 was beyond my wildest dreams..

Lonestar
12-20-2009, 12:27 PM
You do realize that how we finish this year has no impact on your first round pick?

but it does affect 2-7..

bet SEA right now is kicking themselves in the ass for that trade..

Nomad
12-20-2009, 12:28 PM
and barring a meltdown in Philly a 11-5 one..

I hope Vick doesn't have a game like he did last time we saw him! OUCH!!

BroncoWave
12-20-2009, 01:15 PM
I hope Vick doesn't have a game like he did last time we saw him! OUCH!!

The worst part of that game was that Jake Plummer threw for 499 yards and we still lost. I still get annoyed when I think about that game. This isn't the same Mike Vick though.

silkamilkamonico
12-20-2009, 07:29 PM
Well, considering Denver isn't likely going to beat Philly in Philly, and have now lost the tiebreaker edge with the division loss today, we will likely be back pedaling into the playoffs in a game against KC that we better not lose.

On a side note, if Kyle Orton is the Qb of this team next year, I will seriously start questioning McDaniels' offense.

Shazam!
12-20-2009, 07:33 PM
**** **** ****. I am so pissed right now.