TXBRONC
12-17-2009, 04:34 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_14018923

Broncos-Raiders rivalry alive and well
By Lindsay H. Jones
The Denver Post

Posted: 12/17/2009 01:35:28 PM MST
Updated: 12/17/2009 01:54:39 PM MST

Nevermind that Mike Shanahan is long gone from Dove Valley.

Players and coaches from the new Broncos regime insist that the rivalry with the Oakland Raiders is alive and well, thanks to the memories of the Raiders' victory at Invesco Field at Mile High last season and some not-so-nice exchanges between the two teams when they played at Oakland in September.

That September game, a 23-3 Broncos victory, was new coach Josh McDaniels' first in the Broncos-Raiders rivalry. He said today that after playing that game, he appreciates the rivalry even more.

"We expected it to be a rivalry type of game, and it was," McDaniels said. "There were some heated things on the field, some nastiness if you want to call it that, but that's the fun part of being in a rivalry is you're not supposed to like each other."

Most notably, Raiders defensive end Richard Seymour was penalized, then fined for yanking on Broncos left tackle Ryan Clady's hair.

Seymour, on a conference call with Denver reporters Wednesday, said he didn't mean to grab Clady's hair. Clady has since cut off his dreadlocks.

The more than 20 Broncos remaining from the 2008 team also remember the Raiders' 31-10 victory at Invesco last November, a game that in hindsight, severely damaged the Broncos' playoff chances.

The Broncos currently own the top wild card spot, but figure they need to win at least their remaining home games - against Oakland and Kansas City - to assure themselves a spot in the playoffs.

"Even though this is a different locker room, that is still lingering over our heads," outside linebacker Elvis Dumervil said. "It was definitely a good lesson. It has taught us how to finish strong, no matter what their record is. It's a rivalry and they are always going to play us strong."

Footnotes: Dumervil returned to practice today after missing Wednesday's workout with a toe injury. Running back Correll Buckhalter (ankle), safety Renaldo Hill (sprained ankle) and cornerback Ty Law (hamstring) all missed their second consecutive practice.

Lindsay H. Jones: 303-954-1262 or ljones@denverpost.com

TXBRONC
12-17-2009, 04:37 PM
Seymour, on a conference call with Denver reporters Wednesday, said he didn't mean to grab Clady's hair.

Seymour you're a liar.

broncofaninfla
12-17-2009, 04:44 PM
Amazing! How can he say he didn't mean to grab his hair??? What an idiot! Just adds more feul to the fire. I hate the Chargers more than any other team in the league BUT I've always hated the Raiders as well. Some of the hate for the Raiders has faded as they have sucked for years now BUT I still enjoy watching them lose and I hope I see it again this weekend.

TXBRONC
12-17-2009, 04:49 PM
Amazing! How can he say he didn't mean to grab his hair??? What an idiot! Just adds more feul to the fire. I hate the Chargers more than any other team in the league BUT I've always hated the Raiders as well. Some of the hate for the Raiders has faded as they have sucked for years now BUT I still enjoy watching them lose and I hope I see it again this weekend.

No kidding Seymour is an idiot. Everyone and their dog knows that he pulled Clady's hair on purpose.

claymore
12-17-2009, 04:50 PM
No kidding Seymour is an idiot. Everyone and their dog knows that he pulled Clady's hair on purpose.

Cant do it this time.

TXBRONC
12-17-2009, 04:57 PM
Cant do it this time.

That's for sure. Right after that game Clady cut his hair.

claymore
12-17-2009, 05:01 PM
That's for sure. Right after that game Clady cut his hair.

That spoke volumes to me about Clady's professionalisim. That and I hate the long hair on players. :D

TXBRONC
12-17-2009, 05:04 PM
That spoke volumes to me about Clady's professionalisim. That and I hate the long hair on players. :D

Neither do I.